RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 04:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1971
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Crawl Out Through the Fallout

Game NameCrawl Out Through the Fallout
Game SystemPathfinder 1e
ThemePost-apocalyptic mayhem and diplomacy with over-the-top heroics; sci-fi with psionic mutants.
FlavourNuka-cola, iguana-on-a-stick, and well marbled mole rat. Fast paced tactical combat, alternates with faction building.
Plot SummaryCrawl Out Through the Fallout

CLOSED

THEME

Post-apocalyptic mayhem and diplomacy with over-the-top heroics Defeat monsters, build alliances, and gather clues to cure the maddening, mutating malady that threatens the Commonwealth.
right-aligned image

While there is one main quest, the world is otherwise open and you can head in any direction on the Commonwealth map. While the Minutemen will remain your core faction, you have freedom as to which other factions to recruit or oppose.

Theme Song.

Scenario

Additional World Background

Character creation

Expectations

High level structure of play

Last edited by CatCanCook; 07-27-2020 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Application status

Player Character Race Class(es) Role Status
VaultDwe11er - - - - Withdrew
AximusLokar Deacon Kairos Human (Half-Breed Vault/Railroad) Gunslinger/1, Armorist/3, Armiger/1 Ranged DPS/Technologist Complete
OneDarkness - - Alchemist/? Healer, Chemist withdrawn
Rave Nephry Aki Williams Human (railroad) Symbiat Buff/debuff Near complete
Nevrend William Grey Civilized Ghoul - Tragic the Garnering addict Complete
taleteller50 Mr. Patchit Super Mutant Brawler/3 Mutant 1 Melee, Face Complete
MundayKnight Mr. E. Mr Handy Phantom Thief Unchained Rogue 4 Alchemist 1 Skilled Face Complete
Silk Atta human Halfbreed(The Forged + Children of Atom) Vitalist(mender) 5 - Complete
Jenny Greenteeth Nikki human Halfbreed(Tribal + ?) Hedgewitch/5 Face+magic support+gecko Complete

(No roles missing -- the prospective applicants have most everything covered.)

Last edited by CatCanCook; 05-04-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
EDIT: Why all the above deleted messages?

I originally posted the homebrew game rules here. They are all moved to the game folders now ... and what was here was stale, as I've corrected/revised/clarified as play has continued and I couldn't keep two copies accurate.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 07-17-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:57 PM
Tactically Fabulous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12410
kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey
Wow, mate! That is a hell of a lot of info to process!

It's cool material, but I wonder if you might be frightening prospective players off with the sheer amount of it. Maybe your ad can be more concise, and the rest of this game setuo can be posted in your game forum?
Old 04-20-2020, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
High Kingmonkey. I'll move it to a game forum when I have a game forum for it.

I'm the mean time, one does not have to read all the material to participate. Just lightly browse, and I'm happy to help anyone get set up.

I put a bunch of stuff behing spoilerbuttons -- so that people can dive in more selectively and not be overwhelmed by the volume

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-20-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi @Hyregoth,

Welcome!

In the character sheet, the Character Name should be "Andrew "Brother" Peterson"
The Player Name is Hyregoth.

In the Background, its "Minutemen" not "Militiamen".

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-20-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Also -- most character will want proficiency with firearms -- as that does not come automatically.

Ways to get proficiency:
1) Take a class (Gunslinger, Gearhead), or an archetype (like Savage Technologist) that gives proficiency.
2) Take a Spheres of Might class level, and choose a martial tradition that includes firearm proficiency.
3) Take 1 level in a d20 Modern class
4) Spend a Feat to purchase proficiency
5) Spend a Martial Talent (spheres) to purchase Firearm proficiency

The people who don't need firearm proficiency are those: who exclusively specialize in unarmed combat, or archaic weapons, or non-weapons activity like psi powers.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-20-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OK, sounds good on the proficiency. When you say the first two levels will be Military do you mean something specific by that, or just that he was the Fighter class for the first two levels?

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-20-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Hyregoth - Under traits, for type 1, type 2, type 3 -- I mean for people to designate what trait list it came from, e.g. Social, Combat, etc. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Hyregoth -

For Favored Equipment -- designate a kind of equipment you favor. (I'd assume it might be Armor.)

You might consider trading in one of your Perks to get a 2nd level of the Armorer Perk. The advantage is, you'll be able to jury rig your armor to be +1 enhanced AND have a +1 special trait. And since you're efficient at scrapping you'll soon be able to afford multiple traits on different pieces of piecemeal armor -- and you can pick the one that is functional to meet the current need.

Re: Tough hero vs. fighter ... all up to you. There's various tradeoffs, no hurry.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-20-2020 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Just want to bump for an awesome GM, I can first hand say those accepted are in for a treat and if I can come up with a good concept you count on me submitted an application for this.

Placeholder for app
Old 04-21-2020, 05:43 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 344
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
Needless to say I should probably apply for this
Old 04-21-2020, 09:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi VaultDwe11er, I even have VaultDweller as a subrace of human if you want an exact fit!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm mostly following Fallout/4, but I've grabbed traits from Fallout 3, and just the mechanic of swappable perks from Fallout 76.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:23 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 344
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
Awesome! I definitely want to apply. I'm just quite busy at the moment, so will see if I get the time to do it.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:55 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12104
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
As a fan of pathfinder, fallout, and well thought out homebrew modifications I can't not apply to this game.

Currently torn between two concepts, a human wastelander 'luckomancer' and a ghoul ex-cop turned guardian angel.

A few clarifications while I mull over my options if'n ya don't mind.
  • The -1 Feat from taking a Spheres class is separate from the +1 Feat general, correct? So it's net zero for a spheres user? And to further clarify, would a Champion (someone using both Might and Power) take the -1 Feat modifier once, or twice (for a net negative one feat)?
  • Are custom traditions (casting and/or martial) that respect the balance and design structures outlined in their respective sections allowed? Is Luck a Mental score allowable as a Casting Ability?
  • Any limitations on advanced talents that don't violate the rules regarding fitting into the setting?