... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Apr 25th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2773
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Weapon Specialization is listed as a third level class ability. I'm reading that paragraph as redundantly stating what the class ability is and how the exocortex ability interacts, not that you get that ability twice (once from the class and once from the exocortex.) Striking out that line, the exocortex gives that paragraph's ability.

Otherwise, yes.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 25th, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12950
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Ah, so modifying the class feature instead of granting a new one. Got it.
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Okay, perks updated. Decided to go heavy into nanite-flavored perks. So Hacker 1, Hacker 2, and Robotics Expert are all locked ⚿ to give me the three computer feats, Exocortex, Custom Rig implanted into my arm, and Portable Charging Station for some emergency ammo recharges. 4 recharges per day certainly won't be replacing long term ammo expenses for a barrage gunner, but it'll help to mitigate them a little and make it so I'm not entirely boned in an area that doesn't have any for sale.

Also locking in Fortune Finder so I don't have to worry about when I do or don't have it equipped and just use it all the time. I realize this means I can't use both of my Scrapper perks simultaneously for now and technically it would be more efficient to take something else in that slot, but with only one roving slot I already have 5 things it can swap to, I don't need a sixth all that much.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 01:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Rave Rave Rave
Just an update i am working on my app in the background but... I work this weekend (12 hour nights) and we just had mandatory OT posted recently. So things may be slow for a little while.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 05:37 AM
Posting Rate Slowed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
I have so many fun ideas for characters, it is making it very hard to pick. Here are a few of them:
A nightkin who uses insanity fueled psyonics
A character mentioned by raiders outside of hardware town and close to trinity plaza.The mad motorcyclist
A glowing ghoul who's goal is to fool the cult of atom into worshiping him as atom incarnate.
A little green "mutant" who first set foot in the commonwealth after crash-landing north of vault 81.
A robot who truly believes himself to be The charismatic radio host in fallout: New VegasMr. New Vegas.
An ex knight of the brotherhood who was forced to desert after becoming a ghoul.
A prewar ghoul stage magician who's last act ended with him getting trapped for over a century.
A supermutant well on their way to becoming a behemoth.
A trench coat clad gunslinger with a tendency to appear out of nowhere to steal people's kills.
A badly malfunctioning gen II that firmly believes itself to be a courser.
A formerly brutal raider, who upon contracting the green creep was driven to sanity.
A madman trying to found the "Deathclaw preservation society"
A prewar ghoul desperately trying to sate his A reference to Magic the gathering made in fallout 2 by a ghoul bar keeper. In the game files, there is a tragic the garnering addiction listed.Tragic the Garnering addiction.
A restored feral The Dunwich Corporation is an extremely evil organization based on lovecraftian horror.Dunwich executive
An ex child of atom who only joined because he was very, very drunk at the time.
A cryonaught who is actually a Chinese infiltrator who firmly believes that he is stuck in a training simulation.
A very lost The New California Republic, a very large and powerful force on the west coast.NCR ranger.
A comical villain in fallout 3 who does battle with the MechanistThe Ant-agonist
A prewar ghoul who was formerly known as the A prewar serial killer in fallout 3pint-sized slasher.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Rave Rave Rave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrend View Post
I have so many fun ideas for characters, it is making it very hard to pick. Here are a few of them:
A nightkin who uses insanity fueled psyonics
A character mentioned by raiders outside of hardware town and close to trinity plaza.The mad motorcyclist
A glowing ghoul who's goal is to fool the cult of atom into worshiping him as atom incarnate.
A little green "mutant" who first set foot in the commonwealth after crash-landing north of vault 81.
A robot who truly believes himself to be The charismatic radio host in fallout: New VegasMr. New Vegas.
An ex knight of the brotherhood who was forced to desert after becoming a ghoul.
A prewar ghoul stage magician who's last act ended with him getting trapped for over a century.
A supermutant well on their way to becoming a behemoth.
A trench coat clad gunslinger with a tendency to appear out of nowhere to steal people's kills.
A badly malfunctioning gen II that firmly believes itself to be a courser.
A formerly brutal raider, who upon contracting the green creep was driven to sanity.
A madman trying to found the "Deathclaw preservation society"
A prewar ghoul desperately trying to sate his A reference to Magic the gathering made in fallout 2 by a ghoul bar keeper. In the game files, there is a tragic the garnering addiction listed.Tragic the Garnering addiction.
A restored feral The Dunwich Corporation is an extremely evil organization based on lovecraftian horror.Dunwich executive
An ex child of atom who only joined because he was very, very drunk at the time.
A cryonaught who is actually a Chinese infiltrator who firmly believes that he is stuck in a training simulation.
A very lost The New California Republic, a very large and powerful force on the west coast.NCR ranger.
A comical villain in fallout 3 who does battle with the MechanistThe Ant-agonist
A prewar ghoul who was formerly known as the A prewar serial killer in fallout 3pint-sized slasher.
I vote that one :P
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 10:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
LOL. Well, thanks for the creative outburst, Nevrend! :-)

Pick one that you could imaging role-playing with staying power, enduringly interesting not a one-shot wonder. Not a great 1st scene, but a great 20th scene.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 03:51 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7262
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
That is a ton of info there but it just gets me excited for the game. I'll have to read up first but definitely count me as interested. With only a week or so to design and read I'm going to have to do it fast

I'm thinking a Face/Crafter type. Maybe base it around a used car salesman personality

Last edited by taleteller50; Apr 26th, 2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Looks like AximusLokar has the crafting pretty much covered so I'll have to re-think this a little.

Hmm.. Maybe a Used Car Salesman turned Super Mutant? A little bit of Face and Melee?

Last edited by taleteller50; Apr 26th, 2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrend View Post
As someone using Discord to play during our own mini-pocalypse, I feel this one in my bones.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 08:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the interest, taleteller50!

I updated the applicant list, here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...84#post8731084

We have six interested players, but right now only one completed application. (One person with a complete application, Hyregoth, withdrew.)

Push on through with those applications! Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
Which is unfortunate, because I was looking forward to what Brother and Deacon could build together.
Old Apr 26th, 2020, 11:36 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Patchit.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	84179  

Last edited by taleteller50; Apr 30th, 2020 at 01:39 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Posting Rate Slowed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Two questions about mechanics:
The local leader perk grants you the leadership feat, which itself normally is restricted to level seven and above. Are you permitted to take the local leader perk to get leadership prior to level 7?

Many of the perks, Gain +1 to Stealth skill checks. You may treat Stealth as an Unlocked skill, including the bonus for this Perk alongside your ranks in Stealth for the purposes of calculating the ranks for the unlocked skill threshold. Prerequisite: 13 Agility.sneak for example, talk about skills being unlocked. I am unfamiliar with this term. May I ask what this refers to?

Last edited by Nevrend; Apr 27th, 2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2020, 12:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@taleteller50 --

A typical supermutant might be 7’ 3”, 325 lbs. Age could be 40 to 125 years - all in one’s prime.

Size is M.

What alignment?

Stats look OK.

Local Leader and Attack Dog are in permanent use (non-swappable.)

The Intense Training: Cha is not needed to get your target 16 Cha -- and will actually give you +1 modifier yielding a 17 Cha. The Intense training is swappable, unless you use it as a pre-requisite for a permanent purchase.

For Cap Collector, you can choose either to have it non-swappable (to get the starting caps boost), or have it swappable.