RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 01:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1971
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
taleteller50 -- I think your reading of allowing multiple Local Leader perk instances after the first as "swappable" is good -- because it fits that the extra cohorts + followers are for the most part swppable. It gives flexibility, and sets you up to have a big army when the whole Minuteman faction goes to war, but it does not increase your power day-to-day.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:22 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9962
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Yep havent done level ups and such yet, wanted to check on perks and how they worked for having multiple stacks before doing so to see what I will be taking at each level so I dont take something before I qualify.

Also yeah had no idea what to do for weight so I did a rough estimate based on just scaling up a battle bot. As for the flight its nuclear magic, dont worry about it.

Last edited by MundayKnight; 04-28-2020 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@taleteller50

You shorted yourself 1 build point, I believe. I think you can add +1 to your luck.

Starting purchases:

Str 15 [cost 7]
Per 12 [cost 2]
End 12 [cost 2]
Cha 16 [cost 10]
Int 12 [cost 2]
Agil 10
Luck 11 [cost 1]

(Note, this underspends by 1, but it yields your listed stats.)

Apply supermutant race

Str 19
Per 12
End 16
Cha 14
Int 12
Agil 8
Luck 11

Take 1 level in Mutant. Use it to give +1 Str.
Take the intense training for Cha.
Take +1 Cha at 4th level

Str 20
Per 12
End 16
Cha 16
Int 12
Agil 8
Luck 11
Old 04-28-2020, 01:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I updated the applicant list, here:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...84#post8731084

We have 3 complete/almost complete applications -- taking the slots
* Ranged DPS + Crafter
* Melee (face)
* Face (luckmeister)

You've got a little over a week to go before we close applications and vote.

(If a player is not admitted they may be on standby in case of attrition.)

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-28-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:59 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6882
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@CatCanCook: Don't really know if my question was answered, at least not part of it. Let's use Patchit as an example.

Say by some miracle he survives to level 5. He now gets 2 Perk 'cards' and one more Perk 'slot'. Let's say he chooses Local Leader as one of his 'cards' while the other one is just something that doesn't really matter in this example. Previously Patchit only had one 'slot' available for switching 'cards' out; the rest were filled with fixed 'cards' like Local Leader (Lv.1) and Intense Training.

The way I see it (and I think you do too but I want to make sure) when he takes that second Local Leader 'card' it 'upgrades' the initial one to Level 2, leaving two 'slots' open for other Perks. In essence Local Leader gains more variety but without requiring two slots to be used for that variety.

It just seems confusing if the 'second card' can be slotted out but not the first. If you would have 12 Followers one moment (Leadership 12 + 50% Followers from Local Leader Lv.2) do 6 of them disappear if you swap LL2 for something else? Do new ones show up to fill out the now missing numbers when you slot LL2 back in? It makes sense to have LL1 fixed because it is a permanent social bond you are in essence creating, even if you don't always take your Cohort with you (although this is likely rare).

Now if the Perk in question compounded it's effect, like say Strong Back, I could see it requiring a 'slot' for each level as it's effect compounds and adds to itself but like we said before; additional levels in Local Leader do not add to the effect of the Perk, only it's variety.

Now if I am wrong that's fine, I just want to be sure if my example is wrong so I can plan accordingly.

PS. I included a run down of my Stat allocation just below my stats and it is correct... It's just that your allocation is more efficient and leaves 1 point left over compared to my way. I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth Thanks for the Catch.

(In essence I was spending 5 points on Str [14 at start] and 13 on Cha [17 at start], using two increases on Str and one on Cha)

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-28-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So he starts at level 4 with Local Leader: Sanctuary -- with a cohort and followers in that settlement.

He advances to level 5, and takes Local Leader: Diamond City -- picking up a new cohort and more followers located there.

He can toggle between Sanctuary and Diamond City as his active set, but he has to keep at least one of them active.

So, yes, this is comparable to your description of it.

If he advances to Level 7, and takes Leadership as a Feat, he then has another cohort and more followers. They can occupy yet a third settlement, or they could reinforce his other settlements -- but still only one cohort will travel with him on any given adventure.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Also -- on level advancement -- every time you establish a settlement, or recruit a faction to ally with the Minutement, you gain +1% level gap per prestige point of the faction. Empty settlements (just butcher an encounter, then land people there) are 10 prestige. A moderate faction could be 30-60 prestige. A major faction is 100+ prestige (i.e. full level advance for everyone in the party) if you land them.

So with this mechanic, level advancement will be a bit faster than the usually glacial PBP advancement.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:13 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11273
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Hiya's

For the sheer amount of work you did I applaud you. I'm only on the second page but I decided I'd post here anyway and I am very interested. Though the only time I played Pathfinder 1.0 was about a year ago and only for a few weeks. That being said, I love Fallout 4 and am currently playing Fallout 76 so I love the setting.

Base concept that percolated in my brain while reading your advert:
Hybrid human Halfbreed(The Forged + Children of Atom) raised with the Children of Atom. Thinking of maybe a Barbarian type class(melee) or Cleric(psion healing if that's a thing)...maybe both? That might work.

"All hail the Atom! Through irradiated fire, I shall heal your sins!"

I'll really have to look through the Pathfinder rules before I decide exactly what way to go with the character. Unsure if I can do that by the 4th but I'll give it a shot

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 04-28-2020 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Silk,

You can have Profession (clergy) -- but just not the Cleric (or any traditional spellcasting) class. For a healer, there are a few paths:
- http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/life -- A psionics based Life spherecaster
- a vitalist: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...ve-Healing-Su-
- take Signature Skill to unlock the Heal skill.
- alchemists have healing infusions -- and craft the important Stimpaks & restorative chems (but there is 1 alchemist with a complete application, and another player contemplating making and alchemical healer.)

Re: sheer amount of work ... I was a game developer for about a decade ... so designing or adapting games is something I do in my spare time, somewhat compulsively. I'm also semi-retired ... at least until I land some new silicon valley gig ... so for the moment at least I've got a lot of free time.

Last edited by CatCanCook; 04-28-2020 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:18 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Vitalist can be fun, especially since they can eventually take Thrallherd while still staying away from outright mind control if you want. Actually did a 'Religious Savior' in a Dark Sun game once who wanted to evolve everyone into a new race that could survive the harsh climate of the planet but would still help 'normal' people by including them in his 'network' and Sustaining them with his own psionic power.

If you want to go for that whole Cult Healer vibe, like 'The Atom Links Us All', then Vitalist is a decent fit.

BTW CatCanCook, thank you for your answer. It makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-28-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Rave Rave Rave
Character Sheet Template

Character Name: Nephry Aki Williams Player Name: Rave Campaign: Crawl Out
Classes: Symbiat Race: Human (Railroad) Alignment: NG
Size: Medium Age: 17 Gender: F
Height: 5' Weight: 112lbs Eyes & Hair: Green eyes Red hair

Ability Score Mod Temp Score Temp Mod
Strength 10 +0   
Perception 14 +1   
Endurance 12 +1   
Charisma 15 +2   
Intelligence 18 +4   
Agility 16 +3   
Luck 14 +2   

Traits:
Type Trait Short Description
type 1 Heirloom Weapon (Desert Eagle prof.)
type 2 Gift for Magic (Enhancement)
type 3 Outcast
Campaign 1 Gifted
Campaign 2 Four Eyes

Perks:
Learned In Use? Perk Name Short Description
Level 1 Yes Sneak +1 to Stealth checks. Stealth Unlocked as Unchained Stealth.
Level 1 Medic +1 to Heal skill checks, and you may treat the Heal skill as an unlocked skill. Stimpacks and Rad-Away heal +2 damage on each use.
Level 2 Yes Intense Training (Agility) +1 Agility ( Agi 16)
Level 2 Fortune Finder Each time you would calculate wealth at the start of a game or in between adventures, or when level advancing, you may calculate your wealth as if your Profession ranks were +4 higher and using your Luck instead of your Perception if Luck is higher. If this gives you more wealth (and it should), the positive difference in wealth can be found in caps when you discover treasure when you next go adventuring. Taking this multiple times multiplies the extra wealth found, but it does not continue to increase your profession bonus.
Level 3 Yes Moving Target Your AC increases by +2 when you are running, or +1 when you move 30 or more away from your starting position in a round.
Level 3 Hacker Gain +1 to Knowledge (technology). Gain 1 Technical Advancement.
Level 4 Life Giver Counts as the Toughness Perk, and heal +1 hp whenever you receive healing from any source (except for Fast Healing.)
Level 4 Yes Intense Training (Perception) +1 Perception
Level 5 Black Widow Gain +1 Favored Enemy bonuses vs. male humanoids.
Level 5 Yes Locksmith +2 to Disable Device checks vs. locks. You may treat Disable Device as an Unlocked skill, including the bonus for this Perk alongside your ranks in Disable Device for the purposes of calculating the ranks for the unlocked skill threshold.

Last edited by Rave; 05-05-2020 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Editing... Editing never changes.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Rave Rave Rave
Starting to get a skeleton of my app up. Decided to change my mind about being a symbiant and instead go with incanter, I traditionally play casters so I want to try to lean a little harder into that. Trying to figure out how I want to plan out my build. I'm thinking of having her still mostly be about using her powers to "help" in battle being mostly defensive and support. But I think I would like to play around a bit more with Nephry being a "tinkerer" building and maintaining the Minutemen's arsenal and being a "crafter" outside of combat. I'm thinking I would also like to lean in to giving her a gun or two to have if she isn't in need of casting. I'm not looking for her to be a dedicated gunslinger or anything but competently capable of using one.

Build advice? Suggestions? Improvements on my lore? Please feel free to let me know anything I may have mucked up or could use some touch up in the descriptive department. I need to head to bed soon but after that I will start working on her more mechanically and hopefully get this wrapped up by this weekend (although i have to work wendsday - friday night :C)

Edit/Addendum: I'm not looking for someone to do my "work" for me when I'm asking for advice on how to build Nephry. I just have never used the sphere's system before and need some help with it. Also I know I cant have EVERYTHING. Just trying to give a general outlook on what I am trying to achieve.

Secondly please look at this as only a rough first draft of background and the like. I just wanted to get SOMETHING down so I didn't make the same mistake that i made when i showed interest in another game and I spent too long dwelling on mechanics that i wasn't familiar with before trying to conceptualize the rest of my character. Any tweaks or changes that need to be made or suggestions (or if anyone wants to collab on a background) please feel free to give me your input.

Last edited by Rave; 04-28-2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:22 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Question: How long has the Green Creep been around. I'm not talking about as an epidemic, I'm talking about what is the longest could someone have first contracted it and developed their mutation?

The reason I'm asking is because of Patchit's companion, Paula, who background involves such a thing. It doesn't really make sense if the details of her background only happened over a month or even a year. I'm not saying she was patient zero or anything (not unless Cat wants to make her that) but I would like an idea of how long ago she could have contracted the disease to know if her background fits.

Otherwise Patchit and his 'Goil' are almost done, at least as far as the applications go.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@taleteller50 - The Green Creep swept through the Commonwealth about two years ago. The first known outbreaks were in Bunker Hill, and then within weeks it hit central Boston, Diamond City, and the Gunners. By the the end of a month is reached the Minutemen's headquarters in the northwest of the Commonwealth.

Mutations driven by the plague showed up within a week or two of contracting it.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Rave --

If you want to stay a pure caster (Incanter/5) then use 1 feat to get Firearms proficiency. Otherwise, take 1 martial level and 4 Incanter levels.

Pick a magical tradition that is "psionic like" -- no verbal casting, no focus, no prepared or somatic focus. Emotional Casting and Rigorous Concentration are good starting points.

There are already Int based crafters and Cha based faces -- so competing straight up with them has redundancies.

Consider maybe coming instead from a Raider background, and be a Perception based caster with high Agility. Perception can be used to pick some combat-based Perks (Rifleman, sniper). If you have even a single level of Conscript you can get a fairly solid ranged attack build at cost of only 1/5 of your caster levels.

Anyway ... there are boundless ways to go but that's just one of my takes on it.