RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 05:56 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6932
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sorry for the switch but I changed Paula to a Lv.1 Modern (Int) / Lv.1 Vitalist. I don't know if you had looked at her yet but wanted to mention this just in case.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-28-2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:48 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11419
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Thanks for the links and ideas.

So far I am torn between the two below:
  • dropped Barbarrion as Rage was not fitting with the personality I was thinking upFighter 3-4/vitalist 2-1
  • Modern CON basedHero 5, with the Physician Archetype(The 2 Archetype Training would be Healer & Advanced Training - Advanced Healing).
Either way, she may have been raised as a Child of Atom but I want the character's Father to have taught her how to use a flamethrower So I'll need Exotic Weapon(flamethrowers) at the very least. either that or go melee and use a super sludge so I can use this pic

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 04-29-2020, 12:07 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Why not have both. the sledge for up close one-on-one and the Flamer for burning down more numerous minions
Old 04-29-2020, 02:33 AM
Posting Rate Slowed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
All right, I am going with the Tragic the Garnering addict, since that seems like the most popular idea. That and it just seem like a lot of fun to play. Which do you guys think would be most useful: A tank, a melee DPS, ranged DPS, an alchemist, or another face?

Last edited by Nevrend; 04-29-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 297
Rave Rave Rave
@NevrendI will let you pick the role (or rather let the rest of people pick it with you) but I think I am going to end up going back to the symbiate class because I am actually learning more about what I am building so... I'm thinking maybe my other "mind" in my head could have been another vault dweller who was also addicted to the game and my character and yours are constantly "competing" when not on missions if that is okay with you...?

@CatCanCookI am sorry for the whiplash here but I am just realizing the implications of caster levels being "stackable" like BAB for the Sphere's system. So I guess my main questions would be:

Is it possible to upgrade a single piece of gear multiple times to you can get multiple bonus' for different spheres in one thing? Kind of like upgrading a Celestial Armor to +5 after the fact and maybe adding fortification or something (just an example)?

Are there no feats that just straight up advance a users caster level for specific uses of Spheres? I thought I saw some before but now I'm confused because I can't find them. Either that or I was delirious while I was reading and read something that wasn't actually there.

How common/uncommon/rare are "psychic" items going to be? I mean I know you are going to have them at the very least exist for the sake of the world building. But would Nephry be able to say go to Diamond City and buy/custom order various pieces of psychic equipment? Or would if she wants something specific would she have to make it herself.

I was largely going with adding "crafting" and "tinkering" to invest most of her perks in because I didn't really notice anything that overly synergized with the psychic powers plan. I am more than willing to leave that role to someone else who wants it. I just didn't know where to go with perks. But now with Nevrend entering the fray and me changing my mind again I'll have another look see to try and figure something else out.

Now on to more General things:

I think I am going to go back to Symbiat (Which I know I have said before but just for the sake of me staying sane I'm going to repeat) who is 85% focused on the telekinesis Sphere, mainly using other spheres to help synergize and support her telekinesis. However, she is still going to run an Enhance/Protection package to help the team. My goal with Nephry is to get here up to the BIG tiers of telekinesis as quickly as possible so that if she gets there and is "powerful" enough I can dip into some other things to fill in any possible holes in the team. Self perceived or otherwise. Over all I want Nephry to be able to Team work well, with a main strategy of disarm and "pin" enemies to the sky with her psychic powers to force enemies to surrender if at all possible. But also to give her team the best chances of taking down threats with as little risk to them as possible. There is always going to be risk, this is a TTRPG we are talking about but from a character point of view the more she can do to take people out of the fight, without killing them if possible, the better the Minutemen's chances of uniting the Commonwealth and ushering in a new age of piece.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2021
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Hi Rave -
  • Upgrading gear (weapons, armor) with multiple enhancements is possible but there are various limits. For permanent enhancements, costs for weapons, armor, etc. increase quadratically as typical in Pathfinder. For temporary enhancements, it will depend. Enhancement bonuses (e.g. +1s) typically overlap and do not stack. Extra abilities (e.g. flaming, shock, etc.) are cumulative but they have to come from different sources.
  • Many of the magic item slots in Pathfinder are missing in this game, but armor can be enhanced piecemeal. So a suit of armor can be potentially 6 enhanced items.
  • Psionic items are quite rare. Psi has only existed for a couple of years, there are no traditions or schools that pump out items on demand. Generally you wont be able to go out and buy what you please -- there are few practitioners and no mass marketplaces for such rarities. While the occasional NPC may have an item to trade, mostly you will be limited to what you craft or find.
  • For Spheres caster levels, there are some traits here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/traits#toc22. The Religion/Faith traits are generally disallowed. Gift For Magic though is probably the one you want.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:44 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@Nevrend: The nice thing about your card player is that they could fill almost any role or be any class; his defining aspect is not reliant on any of it. With that said some aspects of character build might effect what kind of Tragic player he is.

Is he a High Intelligence character? Then he's probably a very tactful Tragic player, spending hours tweeking his deck looking for the best combos.

Is he a Rouge with Slight of Hand? Then he's probably a card shark who tends to cheat and stack his deck.

Is he more Perception based? Then he probably feels out his opponents and anticipates their plays.

Or does he just rely on Luck and 'The Soul of the Cards' to win?

If I were to design him I would look at it this way..

He's a Tragic player so when he was still Human he was probably a bit of a geek. There isn't a single geek I know who hasn't told me about their 'Post Apocalypses' plan so when the bombs fell and he found himself surviving he was probably stoked and set off running to enact his plan. He's going Ghoul? Even cooler because now he's some kind of super zombie.

So he starts scavenging, reading all those survival books he never did before so that he can become a kick ass wasteland warrior. Problem is that even though the Rads made him a little stronger he's still not much better then a wet noodle. He does have a pretty keen mind though and he's always been pretty Lucky, so he starts watching every thing; all these new, exciting creatures that are showing up. He learns about them by staying hidden and watching them from afar. When he picks a weapon he goes with a rifle to keep these nasties at a distance and starts practicing by shooting at garbage across the river from his fortified apartment. Eventually he starts getting pretty good and keeps perfecting his survival skills to become that Bad Ass Wastelander he always believe he would be. He has the time for it after all.

This kind of character would probably be a Ranger type with a focus on Long Arms (ie. Rifles), Scouting, and knowing about all the aberrations/mutant animals prowling around Boston. Maybe he even watched Home Alone a bunch and started working on making traps so that, while he's sniping, no body can sneak up on him. This makes Ranger (Trapper) perfect because he now has quick traps to deploy and doesn't have to worry about magic restrictions.

"Oh no, you activated my Trap card".

Your eventual Animal Companion? Your 'Summoned Beast'.

He would have quite a few Knowledges to cover what he knows about Mole Rats and Mutant Dogs but he would also have Knowledge Local to cover all the cool things and stories about places around Boston before the bombs fell (Or maybe Lore (Old Boston)).

He's transformed himself into that Sneaky Hunter Bad Ass he's always dreamed of being but still kept that little bit of Geek Boy nave excitement he had when all this started.

At least that's my suggestion

The only better fit would be some kind of caster with Fireballs and stuff but Cat want's to keep away from such over the top 'mutations'.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-29-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:01 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
You know I just thought of a way a Wizard could fit in this game. They'd have to be a robot and focus on Evocation but all those Fireballs and Scorching Rays could be explained as weapons with limited fuel supplies. New Spells in their 'Spell Book'? Those are just blueprints and fuel recipes. He might even find new blueprints (ie. Scrolls) out adventuring.

Now I'm fine with Patchit and have no plan on switching but I thought I'd mention the idea

PS. You could even make the robot from a fantasy convention or something where it acted as the Special FX for some kind of magic show. After the bombs fell and the bot got it's circuits fried it started believing it was some kind of fantasy wizard, locked in a golem's body, and searching for a way to return to it's original realm.. or something.

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-29-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I'm not trying to make this game feel like vanilla pathfinder with wizards & prepared spellcasters. So what you are describing is a nongoal, taleteller50. :-)
Old 04-29-2020, 03:33 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
You do remember Grognak the Barbarian? It's not just a lion cloth

Like I said, I'm not planning on making this guy, I'm happy with Patchit, but I thought of it and wanted to put it out there. If nothing else he could be an interesting antagonist.

The 'Evil Sorcerer Robodemdrom' holding the helpless farm girl in his 'Tower of Terror' until Grognak comes to rescue her. Gives a reason to force the characters into embarrassing outfits or make them quest for Grognak memorabilia like the axe and loincloth.

Just an idea

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-29-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:23 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
BTW, those sci-fi reference Easter Egg suggestions you mention; can they be from any era or only pre 60's sci-fi? What of other geekery like fantasy, comics, etc?

Last edited by taleteller50; 04-29-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'll get the Use Your Allusions side game announced and described later. So hold those creative ideas for now. The target will be: any Sci-Fi (regardless of media). Pure fantasy without SF elements is not intended (but not strictly banned as the Fallout games did allow some non SF easter eggs.)
Old 04-29-2020, 07:04 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Oooooooo, I can't wait. So excited.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:22 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11419
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
A Work in Progress.....
ApplicationCharacter Sheet Template

Character Name: Atta Player Name: Silk Campaign: Crawl Out
Class: Vitalist(mender) 5 Race: The Forged & Children of Atom(raised with the crazy's)Halfbreed Alignment: True Neutral
Size: Medium Age: 21 Gender: Female
Height: 5'3" Weight: 119 Eyes & Hair: Green & Brunette

Ability Score Mod Temp Score Temp Mod
Strength cost 5 points14 +2
Perception Base 14(cost 5 point) +1(Halfbreed) +1(4th Level)16 +3
Endurance Base 16(cost 10 points) +2(Halfbreed)18 +4
Charisma cost 0 points10 0
Intelligence Base 7(gained +4 points) -1(Halfbreed)6 -2
Agility cost 2 points12 +1
Luck cost 7 points15 +2

Traits:
Type Trait Short Description
type 1 Medic You gain a +1 trait bonus on Heal checks and Heal is always a class skill for you, +3 to one Profession skill(clergy), +3 to one Faction(Minutemen).
type 2 Rural You gain a +1 trait bonus on Handle Animal and Survival checks and Handle Animal and Survival is always a class skill for you, +1 to one Profession skill(clergy).
type 3 Wasteland Vagrant (blighted) You gain a +2 trait bonus on Survival checks in that type of wasteland terrain. (The GM determines whether terrain falls into the chosen type of wasteland.) Once you choose a type of wasteland terrain to gain this benefit in, you cannot change it later.
Campaign1 Feral Kid Your speed is +10’, but you are -2 at Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information and Knowledge (any).
Campaign2 Chem Resistant Chems (excluding alcohol) last 50% as long, but your saving throws vs addiction and to recover are at +4, and you need only 2 successful consecutive saves to recover.

Perks:
Learned In Use? Perk Name Short Description
Level 1 Yes Idiot Savant I [non-swappable]+10% experience, Max INT: 9.
Level 1 Yes Rad Resistant I+5 energy resistance to radiation.
Level 2 no Glow SightDeal +2d6 damage to any glowing enemy. This can be taken at most twice.
Level 2 no Chem Resistant+3 to saving throws to resist addiction and overcome addiction
Level 3 no Unshakeable+4 to your Fortitude check to shake off the effect of a critical hit, and it requires a Swift Action, and if you are successful you are not battered by the critical hit.
Level 3 no Acquagirl5 energy resistance to radiation from water, can breathe underwater and gain +2 Stealth, +2 Swim, +2 Acrobatics, and +10’ move speed when in the water.
Level 4 Yes Lead BellyGain 5 energy resistance to radiation and +2 fortitude saving throws when drinking anything with a harmful effect.
Level 4 no Big LeaguesManufactured weapon melee attacks do +1 damage.
Level 5 Yes Idiot Savant II [non-swappable]+20% experience, Max INT:8.
Level 5 Yes Rad Resistant I+10 energy resistance to radiation.

------------------- APPLICATION ENDS HERE -------------------
Fill in everything below this line later, if you are accepted.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Atta.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	84211   Click image for larger version

Name:	AttaSmall.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	84212  

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 05-04-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
I wasn't planning on applying for another game, but it's fallout in pathfinder and I came up with a concept I really want to play (also, it looks like Hells Ascendant has died). An exiled Tribal (halfbreed) with a baby deathclaw for an animal companion. She was the shaman's apprentice before she was kicked out for consorting with demons (making friends with a deathclaw) and, more importantly, arguing too much with the (crazy drugged out) shaman. Using spheres of power and taking the hedgewitch class, concentrating on mind with a bit of telekinesis (and protokinesis).

I want to make sure that having a deathclaw as an animal companion is alright before going further (maybe a modified allosaurus would work). Also, not that I'm really planning on it, but can you take the attack dog perk if you've already got an animal companion? Is there anything you can tell me about the nearby tribals, or should I be from a group further away? Anyway, I think I'll be able to post every second day, probably more often during combat and now I know what to expect I should be able to manage the pushing.