... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old May 1st, 2020, 04:52 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7262
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
My Fellow Gamers,

Nine score and a year ago Gary Gygax brought forth on this continent, a new game, concieved in Imagination, and dedicated to the proposition that all men (and women) can be created equally. It was from these simple beginnings that countless worlds have arisen and fallen; our stories ever moving forward.

We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world beyond the horizon; held within the posts of this web site. Well, I say on to you, my fellow Gamers, now is A Time for Greatness. A game of Grand potential which we now rest our Hope's and dreams upon. One which we have been given the Opportunity to shape.

But we must remember that with Great Power comes Great Responcibility so we can not become complacent with this Choice, for it will set in stone the very destinies of Great Men (and Women). We must choose carefully and with conviction those who will not only lead us to a Grand Future but will do so with Strength and Skill.

To that end I will remind you of one such candidate, one Mr. Patchit who, other then being one of the only Melee Tanks to apply so far, is a man of True Character. One who can lead you, his fellow Minutemen to a United Commonwealth and brighter future. He is the shield who will protect you, the smile who will rally the people, the back to carry your extra load, and the fist to strike down upon our enemies.

His is a promise for bullets in every gun, stimpaks in every pocket, and Victory upon the Battlefield.

Remember, when you go to the virtual polls this coming election, Vote for Mr. Patchit; Now More then Ever for a bright and better game.

Let's make RPGCrossing great again.

Can we do it? Yes we can!

Last edited by taleteller50; May 1st, 2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 06:33 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12950
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Very inspiring speech. Now, I'm just a simple wasteland hacker from a peaceful one-fusion-generator space-colony, so I don't have quite the way with words as my good C-blessed friend here. Why, a ranged DPS like myself in this land of guns and ghouls is hardly such a rare commodity as to remark upon, and even a trapspringer can be considered non-essential give sufficient explosive ordinance.

So you ask yourself, Deacon, what is it that you are bringing to this fine land and it's people. Well, I could point to my tech sphere, and it's ability to hand off certain gadgets for others to use. Or even my crafting feat, giving us the chance to convert useless caps into useful weapons. But my friends, there are mere artifacts of war and conflict. We seek a higher ideal, a future that is more than shoot outs and mere survival. We seek culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar View Post
Regardless of the actual seriousness of the situation Deacon often behaves in a way that doesn't convey 'serious'. He enjoys joking as a means of lightening the atmosphere, or of taunting his foes, even if he's the only one that quite grasps what the joke is. Some of this is the result of his mother's retelling of folklore, or the children's shows she grew up with in the Ten no Hinansho. Unlike the american vault system the 'Celestial Refuge' maintained limited contact between satellites, resulting in limited continued cultural productions. Deacon has written up programs to allow for reproductions of his favorite stories, modified drones taking the place of actors, to put on performances for children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AximusLokar View Post
While in the early years this was almost entirely restricted to mission critical projects over time some aspects of cultural exchange became the norm as well, and in particular entertainment exchange became a significant aspect of these exchanges.
My friends, I have a simple campaign slogan that I hope you will all remember when you face that poll on the day of judgement. And that is...

Last edited by AximusLokar; May 1st, 2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 01:04 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13396
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I added Atta's background and my application is now complete.

Edit: I can change it if you don't like the liberties I took with Frank Roberts

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind

Last edited by Silk; May 2nd, 2020 at 01:06 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 01:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2773
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
General comment. So far I have focused my reviews on PC builds, not followers, companions or narratives. Once we establish a party I will give a more thorough review and while I'll try to be flexible I might ask for a few adjustments if it seems necessary.

We have a few more PCs who need to be built. Let me know if there are any questions!

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 2nd, 2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 05:37 AM
Posting Rate Slowed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Alright. William Grey the Tragic the Garnering addict should be ready to go.

I liked Taleteller's idea to make a character who would slowly become a masterful wasteland wanderer over the course of centuries. I also figured that a ranger would be able to shore up most gaps in party composition pretty well. Good range attacks, decent hit points, and a wide array of skills should help round the party out nicely. An excessive amount of focus on critical hits will make combat
very interesting.

@ CCC: A few questions:
First about the Intense Training perk: Does raising each different special attribute count as a different perk for purposes of how often you may take the training. I.E., if someone takes intense training(strength) at first level, do they have to wait four levels to get a different intense training, or would they be able to take intense training(Strength) and intense training(Luck) as their two level one perks?

Second about the Medic perk: It says that stimpacks and rad-away are Stimpacks and Rad-Away heal +2 damage on each use.more effective. Does this bonus apply only when used on the holder of the medic perk, or can a medic apply this bonus to stimpacks they use on other characters?

Third is about creature types: Clearly, you will be using a custom set of creature types. If I am accepted, I am going to need to pick favored enemies, at which point I would need to know what the different choices are. I am guessing the list looks something like this based on what you have said and what I know of Fallout 4 creature types:
Humans
Ghouls
Mutants
Robots
Bugs
Animals
Mutant Animals

Last edited by Nevrend; May 3rd, 2020 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 10:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Character Sheet Template

Character Name: Nikki Player Name: Jenny Campaign: Crawl Out
Classes: Hedgewitch 5 Race: Tribal and Vault DwellerHuman Halfbreed Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium Age: 19 Gender: Female
Height: Weight: Eyes & Hair:

Ability Score Mod Temp Score Temp Mod
Strength 10   
Perception 12   
Endurance 14   
Charisma 20   
Intelligence 12   
Agility 14   
Luck 12   

Traits:
Type Trait Short Description
Magic Gift for Magic +2 caster level for Mind Sphere
Social Compassion Use Charisma for Heal
Racial Latent Psion +2 save vs mind-affecting effects
Campaign 1 Good Natured +1 to Heal and Diplomacy
Campaign 2 Hoarder +30lb maximum capacity

Perks:
Learned In Use? Perk Name Short Description
Level 1 Non-Swappable Intense Training +1 Charisma
Level 1 Yes Animal Friend  
Level 2 Yes Inspirational  
Level 2 Lead Belly  
Level 3 Lifegiver  
Level 3 Toughened  
Level 4 Medic  
Level 4 Cap Collector  
Level 5 Non-Swappable Intense Training +1 Charisma
Level 5 Yes Inspirational  

------------------- APPLICATION ENDS HERE -------------------
Fill in everything below this line later, if you are accepted.

Feats:
How Taken Feat Name Short Description
Level 1
Level 3
Level 5

Favored Class: (class); Bonuses used for: (x hp, y sp, etc.)

Class Abilities:
Ability: Short Description
Weapon Proficiency descr
Armor Proficiency descr
(other abilities) descr

Skills:
Skill Key Ab Class Total Ranks Mods
Acrobatics Agil  
Appraise Int  
Autohypnosis Per  
Bluff Cha  
Climb Agil  
Craft Int  
Diplomacy Cha  
Disable Device Dex  
Disguise Cha  
Escape Artist Agil  
Fly Agil  
Handle Animal Cha  
Heal Per  
Intimidate Cha  
Disable Device Agil  
Knowledge (engineering) Int  
Knowledge (commonwealth) Int  
Knowledge (geography) Int  
Knowledge (history) Int  
Knowledge (nature) Int  
Knowledge (psionics) Int  
Linguistics Int  
Lore (faction) Int  
Perception Per  
Perform Cha  
Profession Per  
Psicraft Int  
Ride Agil  
Sense Motive Per  
Slight of Hand Agil  
Stealth Agil  
Survival Per  
Use Psionic Device Cha  

Gear
Weapon Traits Total Attack Damage Crit Range Weight Type Cost Notes
Weapon Traits Total Attack Damage Crit Range Weight Type Cost Notes

Piecemeal Armor:
Position Armor Hardness Cur HP Max HP Traits :
1. Head   
2. Left Arm  
3. Right Arm   
4-6. Chest   
7. Left Leg   
8. Right Leg   

Defensive Gear:
Armor/Shield/Item AC Bonus Check Pen Weight Cost Notes

Wealth Factor:
Starting Wealth:
Other Posessions:
(List them here, include weight and cost of each item)

Psionic Powers
level - cost - name

Cut and paste a standard form into all of your in-character posts. Always keep your stats and information current and use it every time.

(Put all IC description and dialog here.)

Stat BlockHP cur/tot - x n.l. | AC max, x tch , y ff; Luck Points cur/tot; Power Points cur/tot; Sphere Points cur/tot
Fort: f; Refl: r; Will w
Enc: cur - lt/med/hvy; Move: 30'; Init: ; Per: ; SenseM: ; Stealth:
Current Effects: (include whether you have martial or psionic focus, etc.)
Wealth in Caps: caps; Salvage: salv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nikki.png
Views:	54
Size:	577.6 KB
ID:	84355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nikki(2).png
Views:	3
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	84356  

Last edited by Jenny Greenteeth; May 5th, 2020 at 12:25 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 12:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@Nevrend: "Does raising each different special attribute count as a different perk for purposes of how often you may take the training?" -- No.

The Intense Training perk is capped by this:
Quote:
However, no base ability score can be increased above 20 + character level via this means (this calculation includes racial bonus but excludes bonuses from any source.)
It is swappable, like other perks (and like a belt of giant strength, etc.), but if it becomes the prerequisite to other abilities those abilities are forfeited when a prerequisite point is swapped out. If you purchase it 3 times to get +3 agility, then all 3 perk slots must be in-use to get the +3.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 12:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Nevrend "Second about the Medic perk: It says that stimpacks and rad-away are more effective. Does this bonus apply only when used on the holder of the medic perk, or can a medic apply this bonus to stimpaks they use on other characters?" -- Any use.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 12:54 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7262
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
If I may interject something about the creature types in Fallout there were a few which were missed. In my own opinion it would likely look like this.

Favored Enemies-Humanoid (Humans/Surface Dwellers)
-Humanoid (Humans/Vault Dwellers)
-Humanoid (Ghouls)
-Humanoid (Super Mutants)
-Humanoid (Mutants) (Humans changed without FEV)(Dwarves, Swamp People, etc.)
-Robots
-Bugs (Includes the Mantis, Radscorpion, Fire Ant, Bloatfly, Giant Ant, Radroach, Cazador, Bloodbug, Cave -Cricket, StingwingFollowing)
-'Animals' (Includes the Brahmin, Coyote, Dog/Mongrel, Donkey, Giant Rat, Wolf, Mole/Pig Rat, Rad Stag, Yao guai, Bighorner, Brahmiluff, Rad Rabbit, GazzelleFollowing)
-Mutant Animals (Includes the Centaur, Floaters, Mutant Hound, Fog CrawlerFollowing)
-Reptiles (Includes the Deathclaws, Iguana, Pit Viper, Night Stalker, GatorclawFollowing)
-'Lurks (Mire and Lakelurks)
-Extraterrestials (ie. Aliens)
-Plants
-Avians (ie. Birds)
-Synthetics (Humans or Gorrillas)

I made the list based on the creature lists for all the main games and there are some creatures (like Hermit Crabs or other rare creatures) that I did not include but I do believe this is closer to what Fallout might have as a complete Favored Enemy list. Please note, I am aware that many of the 'Animals' listed are 'mutated' but what I mostly used to separate them is the fact that 'Animals' still act close to their original counter parts and were not directly experimented on with FEV. I also differentiated Surface Humans From Vault Humans because of their differences in upbringing and physical differences. They could count as one race if Cat wants.

Last edited by taleteller50; May 3rd, 2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 01:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Re favored enemies, answered here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...26#post8747126
Old May 3rd, 2020, 01:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Jenny Greenteeth --

Re: Gift for Magic -- it only actually helps you if you multiclass away from a pure caster.
“ This bonus cannot cause your caster level to exceed your Hit Dice.”
Old May 3rd, 2020, 05:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@Jenny Greenteeth --

Re: Gift for Magic -- it only actually helps you if you multiclass away from a pure caster.
This bonus cannot cause your caster level to exceed your Hit Dice.
The Hedgewitch isn't a pure caster, it's only a mid-caster. I've only got a caster level of 3 normally.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 07:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good then.
Old May 4th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 394
VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er VaultDwe11er
As much as I would like to, I won't have time for this. I am thus unfortunately withdrawing my application . Hopefully if you need replacements in the future I will have more time.
Old May 4th, 2020, 08:27 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, my application is pretty much done. While she is not much of a fighter herself, her pet Golden Gecko, Bubo, can more than take care of her share of the fighting. And while we need to fight to protect the Commonwealth, that will not help us unite it. That is where Nikki will excel.

With her winning personality and skills in talking people over to her way of thinking (not to mention her ability to dominate the minds of her enemies), she will play a vital role in bringing the people of the Commonwealth together. That is why you should vote for Nikki as the new face of the Minutemen.