RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 760
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
Buggers...just saw this. Have fun y'all.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1156
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Hey everyone
Please check the opening post, but I basically want a group of 'good' criminals seeking revenge.

Accepting New Applications: Deadline in two weeks, probably Aug 01.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:31 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 802
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Looks like you have all your characters already. Just to clarify, out of curiosity, magic is weak, rare, or unknown? I mean, in 5e, just about any character could grab a first level spell by third level.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:43 AM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2833
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Is this still open?
Old 07-19-2020, 09:02 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Im interested what level are you starting at?
Old 07-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TADHG View Post
Looks like you have all your characters already. Just to clarify, out of curiosity, magic is weak, rare, or unknown? I mean, in 5e, just about any character could grab a first level spell by third level.
Yeah, I already have one group that's going thru a different story. Magic is the same thing, as usual, people that use it are very rare. Those are the Alpha creatures, that can become adepts of magic, super strong, and resilient.

Magic items that usually are common in D&D5e will be uncommon, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daendil View Post
Is this still open?
Yes, if you want to join you're welcome to send an application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
Im interested what level are you starting at?
The group will start at level 3.

Last edited by Schwarz; 07-19-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:07 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@TADHG, nice comcept! But how August would prove his worth to this criminal band, since they were not just a gang, but more like a family? And why they would believe that his vengeance ideals were true, and that he would not leave the group when facing a life-threatening danger?

Also, please follow this template for the applications:

Application TemplateName/Alias:
Image: Not mandatory, but it would be nice if you could add one that can describe your character.
Race: Well, almost anything is fair play if you have a good story to back that up.
Alignment: No evil. You are criminals, but you do not have evil intentions and personality.
Class: Anything officially released (well I don't know everything, so I'll maybe need to talk about that later).
Personality: Show us your inner self what makes you "you". Like, are you quiet and strategist or poetic, kind and altruistic, always eager to help a good cause? Or maybe enthusiastic, creative and sociable? Let us know more about yourself, your strugglings, deep desires and fears.
Backstory: You lived near the Fort Last Hope located to the southwest of Bismuthbane, the first city to be founded in the island, an ancient and busy city. The Fort is mostly a fortified city, that receives caravans, from all over the island, bringing mostly raw resources, weapons and food. Your little band had a hideout in the woods to the south of the fort. Now you're seeking a new location, and most importantly, kill Snake. Also, if you want, you're free to create NPCs and even evil/good factions, if they were part of your backstory, so I'll definitely be using them during the story if they fit in.
Background Selection:
* Personality Traits:
* Ideal:
* Bond:
* Flaw:
Why are you interested in this game?

Last edited by Schwarz; 07-20-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:52 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
Auguste Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
@TADHG, nice comcept! But how August would prove his worth to this criminal band, since they were not just a gang, but more like a family? And why they would believe that his vengeance ideals were true, and that he would not leave the group when facing a life-threatening danger?

Also, please follow this template for the applications:

Application TemplateName/Alias: Auguste Lupin
Image: He is a half elf, taking after his human side, elegant and refined, he has a charismatic nature that lends itself to being the face of any group that he's in. He's cool under pressure, stoic, but also capable of showing empathy if the situation calls for it.
Race: Half-elf
Alignment: Chaotic neutral.
Class: Rogue
Personality: He's cool under pressure, stoic, but also capable of showing empathy if the situation calls for it. Think a combination of Templeton Peck from the A-Team and James Bond.

Backstory: He has in his possession a partial floor plan for one of Snakes strongholds or hideouts through his criminal contracts, though he's not sure where the place is located. He has a wide range of skills that would make him useful to the party..
Skills: Deception, insight, investigation, perception, performance, persuasion, sleight of hand, and stealth

Background Selection:
* Personality Traits: He's cool under pressure, stoic, but also capable of showing empathy if the situation calls for it.
* Ideal: He's loyal.
* Bond: His own dealings with Snake saw him lose something valuable to him, and he wants it back. Or, barring that, revenge.
* Flaw: He doesn't generally stick to a plan, working off the cuff and coming up with ideas on the spot. If there's a plan, he forgets it. If he doesn't forget it, he ignores it.

Why are you interested in this game?

What I like about the game is the small party size. Three to four works great for ensemble work on television. More than four, it starts getting a little rough. We also like our lone protagonists, but they usually have a team backing them up, and of course the buddy system, just focused on two guys, like Lethal Weapon or Rush Hour franchises. But four works well.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1135
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Application Template
right-aligned image
Name/Alias: Cyprian Hawkwind

Race: Human (Variant)

Alignment: N

Class: Sorcerer (Shadow Magic)

Personality: Cyprian's primary motivator is Recognition; to gain approval, social status, or fame. On the inside he is very angry but he shows a phlegmatic character to the rest of the world. Cyprian's outlook is rather pessimistic. He is industrious, meticulous, steady and thoughtful. At times he can be valorous to the point of recklessness. Cyprian has no sense of humor. Every now and then he thinks he sees strange creatures out of the corner of his eye—what are they?

Backstory: Cyprian was born in the small village of Nulb. Growing up everything was fine. Fine until his hair turned white and he started to exhibit his powers. The villagers, including his own family, thought him cursed. Cyprian was driven from Nulb upon threat of death. He almost died the first winter on his own for lack of suitable shelter. Eventually he ran into a few other misfits and they formed a gang in the wilderness.

Living the life of a bandit with the people he now considered his friends and family appealed to Cyrian. That world came crashing down when the enigmatic Snake found their hideout and killed everyone present while he and a few others were away. The sorcerer plans on taking revenge on Snake and his accomplices.

Cyprian believes that his brother Marcus is hunting him to remove the stain from his family's reputation. Whether it's true or the paranoid delusion of the sorcerer, no confrontation has yet occurred. He does not wish to kill his brother but if he has to, he will.

Background Selection: Criminal
  • Personality Traits: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
    I remain haunted by memories of Nulb. I yearn constantly to return there.
  • Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
  • Bond: I will become the greatest sorcerer that ever lived.
  • Flaw: I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.

Why are you interested in this game? PBP is slow- it's the nature of the beast. In my experience, the larger the party, the longer it takes to get a round of posts in. I was in one fight where the DM let players post 12 days after the DM post to finish the round. The fight that lasted 3 rounds in game took 2 months to complete. So the smaller group size is enticing.

Last edited by MarsComulus; 07-24-2020 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1135
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Since it's 'good' thieves I assumed we did things such as smuggling and poaching...

Did we rob people?

Or how about extortion?

Just wondering.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey MarsComulus, it's more like a don't kill, don't torture, don't do cruel and sadistic things. I think extortion would be very into the dark side. Stealing from rich people (they have a lot to spare right) was among the alright things to do. But the gang was very cautious to not kill anyone because they're just doing their jobs.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:58 PM
One who has seen the end

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1094
Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei
I feel like its very hard to make criminals who robbed caravans and other assets... and say none of the characters are evil and managed to not kill anyone the whole time. Like are we just casting sleep on everyone?

All the loot we get we give it away to the poor? And now that Snake has attacked us, we are determined to Kill? Have bounty hunters or other adventures not tried to stop or criminal group prior?

I mean, I get you want a Robin Hood and his merrymen thing going on... but to stress realism with that, we had to have killed caravan guards already unless everyone we run into are just incompetent.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Tydorei, nice to see you around, long time since our last adventures!

You're really on point, you certainly had evil people around, but just for this setting, the characters are not one of those.

You probably killed innocents. If people tried to resist, you killed them, but what I'm trying to explain, is that you're not a sadistic, evil, vile force of the darkness, hurting people just for fun and not giving them any chances to choose their fate.

The idea is something darker than Robin Hood actually, but not the kind of cruel cold-blooded criminals, rappers, assassins, and people like that. Because I would really like to avoid that kind of evil characters and stories.

Also, the "poor" people here is your family and friends that lived in your hideout, not other unknown people.

And you absolutely had to fight for your lives a lot of times and kill bounty hunters and guards that could find your hideout.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:54 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
We go for knockouts, if it's possible. I seem to remember a subduing mechanic. Then we tie you up and either we drop you off somewhere, or for caravans, we take off. You work your way out of your bonds, just not in time to give chase. Plus caravans are itinerant by nature. They want to get where they're going, not hang around and look for us.

I did have that same question as it applies to Snake though? Would it be our goal to kill him? Maybe not anyone else, but him (or her, we really don'rt know who Snake is).

Last edited by TADHG; 07-22-2020 at 06:58 PM.