User Statistics
RPXP: 388
spudball spudball spudball spudball
Curse of the Blood Islands

Game NameCurse of the Blood Islands
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeExploration, Puzzle Solving, Survival and Treasure Hunting
FlavourAdventuring, Combat and Minimal Roleplay
Plot SummaryA group of islands have been accursed with a fate where every full moon it transforms into a plane from another world where the inhabitants have taken another from. Unfortunately the local magistrate in charge of the islands will not risk his men. Therefore he is in need of a group of people to aid in his task, while staying alive to do it

Prologue Event

Somewhere on an island in the island Nehrull, an evil wizard mage necromancer is surrounded by a group of people with pitchforks and a few soldiers. Screams can be heard all around him

"Death to the wizard"
" You can't run now you coward"

As the archers in the distant prepare to fire the mage draws some sort of illustration and speaks in a language. A suddenly the sky turn dark and a white moon in red aura appears. The people begin to change into hideous beings or undead. The lands become more dark, and wasteland oriented with buildings becoming ruins

Th e wizard speaks as arrows have pierced his body

" May your ilands be curse with blood, death and darkness. After a full moon appears a red halo will appear and all inhabitants and creatures will become servants of madness"

As soon as he is done what was a wizard is a skeletal being in dark red and black trim robes holding a scepter with a dark globe. and he vanishes

"May the madness last as a curse '

(present day in the land of Armoria)

In a stronghold away from the main port of Hazeel voices can be heard

"The bloody wizard can't be found"
" The island rulers were a fool, now look what they done to them"
" Its that staff, the staff must be found to unbind his image'
"These people that are coming, should they be made aware"
"No, but they will be honored and revered"
"If they fail, then what"
" The islands must be destroyed and left in ruin'
" We agree, this must be last resort act to save the mainland and te port"
" Yes, to prevent the curse from spread here"

The blood curse explained

The curse is based on the phases of the moon

full- everything wicked, evil and barren darkness
half- during this phase either signs of curse will start to appear or wane
no moon- nothing happens

during full moon evil effects are double, half moon cycle 50% enhanced/50% weakened

Things to expect in the campaign

1. there will be sea travel by boat, which can done through any of the moon phases
2. There will be a mixed of undead and normal creatures.
3. Temples do exist but is affected respectively by the moon phases (good/evil)
4.. Magic does exist in the campaign but not too excessive due to the nature of the campaign

note: its is possible to encounter may be undead but in reality not. For game purposes they appear neuitral and unaffected by the curses outside of the possible enhancements

Things about me

1. This is my first time dming a pathfinder group game
2. I have tried dming several games before which have ended for various reasons. So hopefully i will eliminate those mistakes
(more information forth coming)

Campaign specifics

players-:4 to 6
starting level -2
posting rate-2 or 3 times a week

(Note- i share a computer so i may not be on everyday hence the posting requirement, but i can check on the my cell. So i will know if anything was posted.
Game starts aug 17 if it fires

Character Build info

races allowed-any
alignment-no evil characters
classes- any
books allowed (see below)

If you own the books or any official feel free to use them otherwise use the open license srd

items not to be done til game starts would be a waste if game doesn't fire

ability scores
hit points
or starting gold

Character Application

Name
Class
Race
Appearance
Background

(these question must be answered

1. Name one flaw or vice your character has
2. Why you would go on this crazy adventure
3. One unresolved task you might want to resolve
due
( you may post interests and do form later. Pictures are optional but would illustrate appearance. Application final date July 31

Last edited by spudball; Jul 28th, 2020 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 02:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1169
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
I'm interested.

Character Application

Name: Devon Ansdell

Class: Paladin

Race: Human

Appearance: Tall lanky youth, with brown tousled hair and green eyes.

Background: Apprenticed to the clergy when he was really too young to be apart from his family, they became his family in absentia. He really never connected with his biological parents, he was told later they'd died in a pandemic that swept through the valley, and village (Ansdell) in which he lived.

Raised by the clergy, he was always destined to be one of them. In fact, he was told when he was old enough to make decisions, that he was chosen because he had the touch of divinity in his blood, although no further explanation was given. So rather than taking the cloth, as the other clerics called it, he chose the path of the sword. Slowly he was trained, sometimes by visiting masters, sometimes by getting himself in over his head. But eventually, he felt ready to take the oath and pledge himself to the way. Now, he realizes he needs to get out of the cloister, and really make his mark on the world.

1. Name one flaw or vice your character has:
Devon's one flaw or vice is gambling, he just can't resist any sort of 'bet', and it has often gotten him in debt or trouble, depending on the circumstance.

As a Paladin, he's keenly in conflict with evil, and this is absolutely and evil that must be eradicated.

3. One unresolved task you might want to resolve due
He really needs to establish his own identity away from the clerics and other religious heirarchy which has up to this point directed and ordered him around. Still 'wet behind the ears' he need to get out and express his own personality as he tackles his sworn quests.

Last edited by Anodyzed; Jul 5th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
JamesH JamesH
Hi there this sounds interesting. *This is my first application so forgive me if it isn't amazing.

Character Application

Name: Randelberry Bloodhair
Class: Warlock
Race: Halfling
Appearance: Randlebury is a sturdy but lean male halfling with violently red hair and eyebrows, washed out grey eyes, pale skin and a proud scar.

1. Name one flaw or vice your character has

Randlebury has a VERY short attention span and almost compete inability to take in complex plans or information. He becomes bored within seconds, constantly changes his mind and always trusts his intuition above a well formulated plan... simply because it's easier!

Randlebury has been recovering form knee surgery for nearly 12 months now (he took a bad tumble in a previous adventure and leapt without looking). He has been wondering round the house nibbling slices of his mother's homemade cake and bored out of his mind.

He is just desperate to get out and start busting some heads with his eldrich blast. Nothing else helps him focus and calms the chatter in his head like blasting bad guys to the promised land.

3. One unresolved task you might want to resolve

Randlebury is not a deep thinking halfling. Not even a shallow thinking halfling for that matter. His mind is basically a puddle. With a little paper boat in it. The only one thing that he has always wanted is to do is learn to play the lute.

That is all he has ever wanted in life.

Actually he also really wants to learn to use a crossbow too... and he quite fancies writing a novel... or maybe two... and maybe learning to speak orcish... and elvish, that would be useful... actually he wouldn't mind a new cloak... maybe a magical cloak... and maybe a pet goat... or maybe a hellhound... He also wants to learn to knit... and sew... and play poker... did I mention he likes to Eldrich blast things?

Last edited by JamesH; Jul 5th, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 02:32 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37463
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@DM - You still accepting applications?
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 06:34 PM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 388
spudball spudball spudball spudball
@zevonian- yes for now
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 08:23 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68004
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Pathfinder finally made a warlock class? Cool...

i need to check that out!