Other Ultraviolet Grasslands: Neon Wanderers & Porcelain Gods - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-11-2020, 02:42 AM
knows too much

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12266
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
That was utterly trippy. It only seems right to vote for SEACAT.

LSD
Name: Federo Gemorma

Concept: Blueland noble summoner, merchant of the twin pods of the floating hollow fly trap. Completely destitute and following the path of the white plastic beetle.

Want: Federo wants to see the very edge of the world and call forth that which only exists in the corners of the universe; whatever that is.

Need: He must taste the juice of Yellowflare 6-body's demise and reincarnation to see into the mind of the Great Green God.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:21 AM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5387
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Thanks for your app Elfman! Something neat with some of the Anticanon of UVG is the Bluelanders are said to have fallen when their Blue God died and became a God of Rot. It will be interesting to see how this Bluelander may have escaped or accepted that fate.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
I've got a basis SEACAT reference guide here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=8826237
Old 07-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Cap Ut
A few questions:
- Are Aptitude and Hero Bonus the same thing?
- Can I choose the skills I get from advancement or are they random? Is Learn limited to the acquisition of new skills or does it encompass expertise too?
- Does "Sample List Skills" means that new ones can be added?
- Is there a list of Abilities somewhere?
- Does Hallucination represent mind magic, astral projections... this kind of things? Or just being really good at dealing with hallucinogenics? Or both?
- Do Stats and Skills interact in rolls (for example Agility helping for Archery, or similar)?

Other than that, everything is... really interesting.

Last edited by Cap Ut; 07-13-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:43 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
- Are Aptitude and Hero Bonus the same thing?
Yes, this was a case of me using two different rules drafts and forgetting a terminology change. I've fixed it in the document

- Can I choose the skills I get from advancement or are they random? Is Learn limited to the acquisition of new skills or does it encompass expertise too?
Generally the skills gained from advancement are random for, more or less, the fun of it, but choosing what you gain is also valid. You can also gain expertise by Learning, but it is in the more difficult category.

- Does "Sample List Skills" means that new ones can be added?
Absolutely

- Is there a list of Abilities somewhere?
Yes, I'm having to do a lot of clean up to make that list work well. I admittedly don't want to provide it right now so people don't try to build to abilities. I want to see what people come up with and we can either find abilities to match or we can create an ability wholesale to fit a vision.

- Does Hallucination represent mind magic, astral projections... this kind of things? Or just being really good at dealing with hallucinogenics? Or both?
Hallucination is actually a bad skill example and is unclear. I am replacing it with Psychonaut which is much more flavorful and covers everything in your question.

- Do Stats and Skills interact in rolls (for example Agility helping for Archery, or similar)?

The Skills tell us whether or not you are considered proficient in a set of knowledge, think like Martial Weapons Proficiency in traditional DnD. Archer says you are trained in archery, are capable in maintaining your bow, and can do your own fletching. More ranks in Archer the more you are able to pull of a Legolas.

If you are a Skilled Archer, you add your Hero Bonus and your related stat (in this case Agility fits).

If you are not a skilled archer, you can still try to shoot a bow. You will, however,only add your stat and you would roll at disadvantage.

Every roll in SEACAT is 1d20+Stat+Skill > Target. A number of things can be done without a skill and is just a 1d20+Stat roll. A portion of the fun too though is finding how to apply your skill to the situation. If you had the skill "Office Worker" you can probably say that you are also a capable driver for the commute. This would apply to like a normal every day sort of driving test. However in the case of say, a Mad Max chase across desert terrain filled with obstacles, you probably would prefer the fellow with more focused "Driver" skill.

Last edited by TheLawfulNeutral; 07-14-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:14 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Povs
Application - UVG: Neon Wanderers & Porcelain Gods

Hello World!
This is my first post here. TLN has pulled me into this world of PbP and I'm fairly new to everything about this and forum-posting so I apologize in advance for any mistakes ^^;;

Here's my character for this adventure:

Kavehlis RazbanName: Kavehlis Razban

Concept: A skeleton "rainbow mage", befitting of all colors and emotions. He has died a long time ago, but his Ba and Ka was rebounded by some Oldtech to his Ha after it had long rotted away. Now back to the world of the living, he seeks a new color, and with it a new sensation of release. His magic and magical beard changes color based on his mood/feelings.

Want: To seek a new color, one beyond the known spectrum and one no mortal eyes have laid upon, and he thinks beyond the Ultraviolet he'll find that. Alongside that, he thinks that finding a new color means finding a new feeling, as he attributes each color of the spectrum with one.

Need: To find a way to escape this mortal coil. He thinks the afterlife is full of colors unbeknownst to mortals, and he thinks that finding that special color will release his Ba and Ka back to the beyond-death.

As for the system: I never played anything besides D&D 5e so it'd be most comfortable using that system. But I can try SEACAT no problem, it'll be a new experience and I hope I'll be able to adapt to this new system without much "whiplash".

I hope we'll be able to tell many tales together!
Old 07-21-2020, 07:49 AM
gro-Zug

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8059
Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug Grozug
Greetings and welcomes, Povs! A friend of TLN's is an object of awkward fixation a friend of mine.

Your concept seems sufficiently skeletal for me. Am I detecting some hints of octarine flavor?
Old 07-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome Povs!
Old 07-22-2020, 06:39 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Povs
Nice to meet you, Grozug! Thank you for the warm welcome!
It apparently is a coincidence, because I didn't know about Octarine prior to making this character (I had to search to see what it was), as I haven't read any of the Discworld books (Something I'll have to do in due time!).

Be prepared for many skeletal puns
Old 07-24-2020, 10:42 AM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
Getting some final stuff together for the subforum if there are any more takers out there!
Old 07-28-2020, 07:54 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah
Errrm, if applications are still being taken I'd like to...register my interest? I mean, this sounds cool, but atm I'm not sure if I can think of a character idea coherent enough to grab me : /
So I guess what I'm saying is, if there's still time and space available I'd hopefully like to fill some of the latter...but I'm currently not sure on if I'm able to do so. If there is still time for more applicants I should know for sure if I've got an idea in the next couple days, but if the game's pretty full or the plan is to start in the very near future then that's totally understandable
Old 07-29-2020, 11:05 AM
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Tools
User Statistics
I've still got a bit before I'm ready to go Eli, so go ahead and give it some thought and send something in!
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah
Thanks for the reply LawfulNeutral, I ended up with an idea that is some sort of way

YuanName: Yuan Fift Ayt de Nambur

Concept: I'm thinking something elvish-related (in the sense of "being elf-touched is akin to a medical condition that causes neuro-moral degeneration and a sort of body impermanence"). As far as he's aware he's had many different perspectives before the one he's currently "stuck" in. Has something of a leaky Ba, or at least one poorly threaded to his Ha. For this he has two problems; first he doesn't so much exist as a unified being as he does stand pressed against some metaphorical(?) wall, peering through the eye holes out into the world. Second, some of these dangling threads can get caught on other...things. In the worst cases these can pull on him, distorting his view of the world, or even dragging him to an entirely new viewport all together. The good news is these distortions often give him a great deal of insight into the perspectives of others The bad news is he's typically too terrified at being so existentially adrift to be gleaning any insights. Poor guy spooks easy.

Want: Notionally he works for A Company and has been sent to find the physical essence of Desire. The Heads of A Company are wanting to bottle and sell it. Honestly though he just wants find something to be it isn't terrifying to be.

Need: ...although that's all secondary to his need to get the f*** outta this place. He doesn't even really have a concept of what the world is, but not long after he came to be this being he came across some wilder-thing out in the wilderness that had fur it seemed to grow itself and horns that weren't welded on. And when he fell into being this being and peered through its leaks into reality, he saw the land broken and dying, and the city in the distance as a jagged form cut from the flesh of some giant, bloated corpse, slowly drowning in a sea of black tar shadow beneath the indifferent gaze that stares through the eye of the red sun. He's never seen anything like that before or since, but he's convinced what he saw then was truth, and that truth in his mind puts a big ol' ticking clock on the lifespan of this land here, and he wants to be well clear of it before the tide of that death sea gets too high to ignore.

Honestly not super happy with how this turned out; I really like the setting and the overall vibe, but I had a hard time finding a character type where I could imagine what being that character might be like moment-to-moment : /
So while the character idea is complete for this stage, if it strikes as too poorly formed for inclusion in the game then that's totally understandable