Other 1,000,000 Ways to Die in the Weird West (Modern AGE) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 4 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Jul 12th, 2020, 05:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1632
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 09:54 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Charles 'Sledge' Kryn

Name: Charles Kryn - Nicknamed 'Sledge'
Race: Minotaur

Ethnicity: Colonial Empire

Image/Appearance: Charles stands at a decent 8' 9'', broad shoulders, and barrel chested, hooves and animalist legs, with a bullish head, thick horns protruding from his scalp. Even though he takes every effort to keep clean, there is always a slight musk around him, which irritates him to be told about. Always dressed in good a good quality suit, he tried hats a few times but felt they never really sat right. Often found with a carbine rifle strapped over one shoulder, and using a huge sledgehammer as a walking stick. The biggest surprise when speaking to Charles is that he speaks with a smart elegant if not deep and bass filled voice, eloquent and most certainly British.

Party Role: Investigator

Level: 1

Powers: Telepath

Alignment: Neutral Evil - The law is there to serve as a guide line to those around to keep the world from being a chaotic mess, though if you break the laws, then I'm going to bring you in...doesn't matter how...alive is what matters right? So far I've not yet found a limit, as long as I get the job done, mostly without overtly breaking laws...that can be seen...makes sense right?...Good....glad we're clear on that...oh and this hammer...isn't just for show...got it?

Profession: Ex- Pinkerton turned Investigator.

Drive/Goals: Survivor - So what's my goal you ask? Well I've kinda got used to this new body...it has been twenty years now...that makes me...forty something I think..but as for a goal? I'm happy to run my own business eventually, I don't think i'll be settling down with a lady friend any time soon, not seen many about that might take my fancy! *chuckling to himself* Though I wouldn't mind getting my own pack on them Pinkertons...you know..for what they did?

Backstory: Charles grew up in the big cities, never really needing for much, a good upbringing to all accounts. Eventually ending up with the Pinkertons Detective Agency shortly after it's creation, travelling around the country with his small team hunting hunting out outlaws and fugitives. Often using what ever means available to bring in the contract, unfortunately it brought on the attention of others, and complaints started coming in to the Head Quaters, probably brought on via the Civil War, the bad press was unwanted. During his last outing as a Pinkerton the transformation happened, Charles fell ill and spent a week isolated. Startled by his own figure when he finally came too, extra hair, bigger broader body. Caught up in the wake he was dismissed from work, left to roam putting his skills to work from town to town, where he eventually fell in with a local Investigator.

RP Sample #1:
RP Sample #2:
Strolling into the dark room, he stood for a few moments as his eyes adjusted to the gloom, ''So good sir..or unlucky sir you have some information that I am in need of'' smiling to himself as he hefts his large hammer behind him stepping closer to the young figure of a man strapped into a chair in the middle of the room.

''You ain't gonna do nufin ta me ya beast!'' before spitting a glob of blood and saliva in Charles's direction.

''Well you see, that is where you err in your assumptions, you see this hammer here? I'm about to strike your foot with it, it is very much going to hurt, then...you are going to tell me something useful. Now...where is the gold you stole?'' before waiting for a reply slamming the hammer down on the figures foot resulting in a crack followed quickly by screams of pain and abuse hurled into the air.

''Ya broke me foot!...ya broke me bloody foot!!'' whimpering and cursing further as Charles shifts the hammer back into the air.
''I did say it would hurt did I not? Now...the gold...where is it?''

Side Note: I am familiar with the AGE system, i've run and played in many Dragon Age games since it came out, I enjoy it it's a good system to use.

Last edited by Herb; Jul 16th, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 11:55 AM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3856
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Psst secret text psst... Unrelatedly, I can’t stop thinking about tiny spectacles on a giant Minotaur

Old Jul 13th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4456
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Yea! Welcome Herb. The Legend of Huma and the Dragonlance books from the 90's were my very first foray into fantasy fiction when I was a kid. Kaz was my all-time favorite and began my fondness for minotaurs.
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyNolds View Post
Yea! Welcome Herb. The Legend of Huma and the Dragonlance books from the 90's were my very first foray into fantasy fiction when I was a kid. Kaz was my all-time favorite and began my fondness for minotaurs.
Me too!...he's still one of my favourite characters to date..so I thought i'd put a little unexpected twist on one xD
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 226
Trae Trae Trae
Mine should be done other than the 'samples' of roleplay. I haven't poked around here in a long while and can't think of anything to try making up on my own. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 12:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyNolds View Post

My impressions on Grigory will come next!
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 07:35 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Mine should be done other than the 'samples' of roleplay. I haven't poked around here in a long while and can't think of anything to try making up on my own. Any suggestions?
Pick something that happened to your character in the past that was important..it doesn't have to be a massive sample usually, just something that will reflect your ability. Also something that shows who the character is and how they act is often a good sample.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 01:11 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds

@Trae I really liked Adahy's eagerness to explore, if you're looking for a suggestion I'd love to see the event that triggered his curiosity. Where was he? Who did he see or speak with? Was it during one of his trading/odd job trips in a nearby town?

Also something to think about for everyone, we're almost certainly going to end up with a wide range of personalities and values that have to work together but do NOT have to agree with (or even like) each other. I mentioned in the advert how I would be looking for "mature story-tellers" that can enhance our role-playing with consented party tension without crossing over into deliberate antagonism. Something that shows how your PC can "agree to disagree" under pressure, or how they can justify adventuring with someone who might share a totally different set of values, or how they can ultimately come to care about someone they once vehemently disagreed with is a strong advantage!

Last edited by MoldyNolds; Jul 14th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 11:58 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Trae Trae Trae
One example shared so far! I'm sure I'll eventually get another one up soon.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Life's too short

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4889
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
Hey MoldyNolds. Just writing to say I'm back from a brief internet-less period and have updated my app with two roleplay samples. I believe that completes my app, but if there's anything else you need please let me know

Posting rate: slow Yawning PortalOath of Sangus
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, Trae! That's a great little scene

Old Jul 16th, 2020, 07:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1822
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
After some helpful feedback, I added another RP sample to my character application to hopefully flesh out Dr. Sturgis some more. Hope you like it.
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Trae Trae Trae
With the second roleplay example in place, I hereby declare my application complete!
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 476
olhado olhado olhado olhado olhado
Man, this looks like an excellent basis for a campaign! Don't have the system book though.