Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1792
Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron
Corrin Garethson
left-aligned image
Character Sheet

Last edited by Gadron; 07-15-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:45 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ElilHroiRah ElilHroiRah
HopeCharacter sheet

OOC: Hopefully it's evident from the background why she finds a life of adventure suitable for her

Last edited by ElilHroiRah; 07-23-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadron View Post
Corrin Garethson
left-aligned image
Character Sheet

Can't see the character sheet. Possibly you haven't made it visible yet?

**weeps**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BadlinkCapture.PNG
Views:	7
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	85965  
Old 07-15-2020, 10:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5799
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Any feedback on Ivey is welcomed. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2020, 11:20 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1792
Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron Gadron
You would be correct, Exfilia - I've updated the permission, so go ahead and try again. I've also edited the original post with a fleshed out description.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:58 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8006
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Was going to withdraw because I wasn't feeling the character, but suddenly inspiration hit for a druid instead! Feedback welcome!

COMPLETED

Character DetailsName: Rykhar Stormstrider
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Thinking Circle of the MoonDruid
Alightment: CG

left-aligned image

Appearance/Personality:
Rykhar is unremarkable in appearance and height, but his connection with nature is anything but unremarkable. He haunts the deepest parts of the wilderness as his clan once did.

His exact age is something of a mystery but if he were to guess, he is somewhere in early-twenties. His black hair is long enough to be pulled back and out of the way. His clothes are well-worn, almost ragged, but his leather armor and weapons are clean and have thoughtful care to them. When he speaks, it's usually in a hushed, low voice that hardly breaks above a whisper-- but be warned, Rykhar has a venomous tongue that has landed him in hot water more than once. His stubbornness knows little bounds. However, he has learned well to be crafty and conniving than outright obstinate.

When in the company of others Rykhar generally has a nervous bearing, as if uncertain how to interact with people due to prolonged isolation from society at large. Generally attentive to others despite his long departures into the wilds and protection of the wildlands, he seeks to understand the people around him. This is the source of his undeniable curiosity that has lead to more than a little trouble from time to time, and his newfound taste of freedom has only deepened his inquisitive spirit. Books, while he cannot really read them well, are the greatest source of awe and mystery to him.

Backstory:

Basic Details
Background: Outlander

Personality Traits:
  • I have unbridled curiosity. Sometimes it leads to trouble.
  • I hide my stubbornness and disdain for those of powerful beneath a mask of indifference.
Flaws:
  • I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.
  • I have a hot-headed, stubborn streak that can and will get me into trouble.
Ideal:
  • Independence: I am a free spirit. Everyone should be allowed to do as they please, so long as it doesn't harm others.
Bond:
  • After the genocide of my clan, I was taken and used for my sacred gifts. I will make that responsible pay dearly.

[RP Sample: My Aasimar warlock's repercussions and feelings after finding out his actions harmed his twin brother

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 07-30-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47
Metafouric
neat! placeholder
Old 07-16-2020, 09:11 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Sikae is coming along nicely, just need to write her novella

Question: You said standard array. I like the challenge of it but have you considered 27 point buy?
Question Feats: Would you consider any of the UA articles for feats. Personally Im interested in the Skill Feats in th past I've even given a free one of these to every character at creation.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
Sikae is coming along nicely, just need to write her novella

Question: You said standard array. I like the challenge of it but have you considered 27 point buy?
Question Feats: Would you consider any of the UA articles for feats. Personally Im interested in the Skill Feats in th past I've even given a free one of these to every character at creation.
I stick to the books, and usually, for simplicity's sake, to the standard array. Is there some character in particular that would be very suitable to this campaign that would require the point buy?
Old 07-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfilia View Post
I stick to the books, and usually, for simplicity's sake, to the standard array. Is there some character in particular that would be very suitable to this campaign that would require the point buy?
Just forces me to be creative and stops me from min-max, I guess Sikae could be a little more charismatic than I planned (maybe she can intimidate someone). I would have liked to drop the 12-10 and raise the 14-15 for my Wis score, at least then I could grab Observant or Resiliency or something down the road.

Not a problem I just like to check and make sure before I build.

Last edited by JohnStone; 07-16-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:51 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
derpoet derpoet derpoet
What year is the campaign set in?
Old 07-16-2020, 09:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Any feedback on Ivey is welcomed. Thanks!
Ivey is well-developed and interesting. She would be fun to play with.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 841
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
I'm going to mark Vymani as complete. Open to editing if needed, though.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5599
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
The application is for my part complete, unless I am needed to change or add something. Some feedback is, of course, always welcome.

Yrse
right-aligned image
Name: Yrse the „Gale“ (aka Frost Maiden)
Race: Human (Variant), Fruztii (Suloise/Suel)
Class: Barbarian (intended: Path of the Totem Warrior)
Alignment: N
Deity: Osprem (N), goddess of voyages, ships and sailors
Background: Sailor (Pirate)

Physical Description: Yrse, standing at 5 feet 8 inches tall, is rather short for one of the Fruztii, even for a woman. Her small stature often makes others underestimate her, a mistake they usually don’t repeat. A lifetime of swimming in the stormy waters of Grendep Bay has toned the young woman’s muscles and provided her with strength, quickness and stamina. All pure-blooded Fruztii have pale, almost white hair and skin, but what is common in the lands of the north is extremely rare elsewhere, making Yrse a sight to behold. Unwilling to be seen as a porcelain doll for men to play with and deeply detesting her nickname, the „Frost Maiden“, the woman paints her face in the most „barbaric“ way she can think of. If paint isn’t enough to dissuade potential lovers and suitors, her stormy gaze usually is.

Personality: Yrse of the Fruztii is just as changeable as the sea she loves. The warrior is usually serious and will tolerate no nonsense, but will also laugh as heartily as a drunken sailor at a good joke. She is practical and realistic, but can also spend countless hours listening to the murmur of the ocean or seeing the waves crushing on the rocks. Above all, she is open to the world around her and the experiences it offers. She will fight her enemies, defend her friends, serve those she respects, steal from those she despises, laugh and weep, but anything she does, she does because she has chosen this course of action freely. No slave to fate or her own expectations, she will always try to make the best of a situation.

Trait 1: My respect is hard to win. I value skill, passion and commitment.
Trait 2: I have no time for playing with words or hiding behind my finger. I always prefer an honest, direct way.
Ideal: Optimism. The only thing that cannot be changed is death. Every other situation can be improved if one is clever and persistent enough.
Bond: I feel a strong connection to the sea. I often bring to my ear my conch shell and listen to the sound of the waves until sleep claims me.
Flaw: I am distrustful of men and their motives. They usually only care for a pretty face and a night of passion. I will not be reduced to „property“ for any reason.

Last edited by Elanir; 07-18-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:18 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
derpoet derpoet derpoet
Character ApplicationComplete!Roscoe Graefsoil - Halfling Grave Cleric

How Roscoe became a caravan guard, or An Account of a Small Detour Becoming A Journey: Roscoe ever thought of Father Milo's words about Urogalan choosing some of his followers to join groups of adventurers. Though he tried his hardest to be satisfied with his simple life, he could never quite shake a desire for the camaraderie he remembered feeling among his siblings-in-arms, and the feeling of making a difference in the world. Then, one day as he walked the Silver Wood, the black hound of Urogalan appeared and guided him through the forest to Niole Dra. Outside the gates, the hound leaped into a wagon and stayed in it, watching Roscoe with gleaming eyes. The caravan the wagon was a part of was gearing up to leave. No one but he could see the hound, of course, so he couldn't possibly lead with "hey, so, the apparition of my peoples' death god is insisting that I travel with your caravan, mind if I tag along?"

Instead, he approached the captain of the caravan's guard and offered his services. Four trips with the caravan, and the hound appeared only to guide souls. He must want me here, Roscoe thought to himself. That is, until the Captain left. Having been lead in some way for most of his life, Roscoe hadn't a clue what to do, so he stuck with the other ex-caravan guards. And then, looking at that tree stump with a rope around it, the hound appeared sitting in front of it, before laying down and nestling its head in its paws. Roscoe blinked, and it disappeared. At least he knew he was doing what he had to. And the fact that it filled him with such an excitement unbecoming of a priest of a death god, well, Urogalan surely would've chosen someone else if he wasn't meant to enjoy the prospect of adventure.

Roscoe's reaction to his captain becoming a monastery novice: As a man of faith himself, Roscoe was accepting of the Captain's choice, especially knowing that it was an oath. He wished him luck and gave him a smile that, if he could have seen himself, would have brought to mind old Father Milo. Roscoe was at first distressed at the lack of direction, however, though that soon faded as he realized that Urogalan meant for him to be right where he was.

Why A Career in Adventuring Appeals to a Cleric of Last Rites and Elegies: Roscoe has known since he was very young that he was destined to be a priest of Urogalan. But, just as that didn't stop him from enlisting in the Yeomanry military, it doesn't stop him from longing for adventure. He had grown up with the tales of all the halfling hero-gods after all, and what halfling didn't, in some part of their heart, have some Brandobaris in them? It was natural for the young hillfolk to seek after adventure, and Roscoe was no different. He was accepting of his lot in life, understanding of the importance of the cycle of life and its protection, but he could not help but remember a time when he was doing good, even in his limited way as a slinger among a hundred slingers.

However; Roscoe is a man of faith, and if the hound had simply lead him from funeral to funeral for two centuries before leading him to a quiet spot in the hills to die himself in, he would have done it. It is the words of Father Milo saying that Urogalan lead some of his followers to adventure, and the hound showing him he was where he needed to be, that lets him pursue his path with gusto.

Hi everybody! I'm new to the site and any feedback on both the coding/layout and the character are appreciated!

Last edited by derpoet; 07-30-2020 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Got feedback and acted on it! Cleaned and edited.