RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 12:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14740
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Couldn't resist as I was feeling a bit inspired by my creation so added a "flashback" scene to the App. Gives some insight to my lil' Charlatan.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-29-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
pallen pallen
Character Intro: Taen (human cleric of Kord)

I've been itching to get into a good play-by-post game. Personal qualifications: I've run two separate successful PbP games (albeit on different sites) that ran multiple years each. I just finished running a year and a half Tomb of Annihilation game on Roll20. And it's been way too long since I got to play, and not GM. :-)

Character Introduction
Name: Taen
right-aligned image

Race: Human (variant)
Class: Cleric of Kord (Tempest domain)
Background: Sailor
Personality:
  • Trait: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
  • Trait: To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city.
  • Bond: I owe my life to the priest who rescued me from drowning.
  • Ideal: Respect. The thing that keeps a ship together is mutual respect between captain and crew.
  • Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.

Physical description: Taen is slightly taller than average, lean, and muscular. He has sandy brown hair, tanned skin, and piercing blue eyes. He proudly wears his holy symbol of Kord on top of his worn suit of armor and simple clothing. His typical expression is an innocent smile, as if he's just happy to be here.

Application: Since being rescued from a shipwreck, Taen has taken his direction from the signs that Kord sends him. Sometimes, it's a marking on a rock. Other times, the name of a tavern. These signs led him to the guard captain. And being a caravan guard wasn't that different from being a sailor on a ship. You take orders from your captain, look out for your crew, and deliver goods safely from one place to another. It was a natural fit.

When the captain swore his oath, Taen understood. The gods have a plan for us all, and if we're lucky, we're wise enough to follow their plan. But truth be told, he was a little disappointed when the captain didn't pledge himself to Kord. After all, it was plainly Kord that got them out of that scrape, and Kord doesn't ask anyone give away their armor and beg for a living. But the captain had made his choice, and Taen respected him for keeping his oath, even if the execution was a bit misplaced.

This turn in their fortunes seemed a good one to Taen. Guarding caravans was a noble profession, keeping people and their possessions safe from bandits and wolves. But he felt that Kord had bigger plans for him. There were bigger problems than highway robbery in the world, and all of the signs pointed to Taen's role in dealing with them.

Last edited by pallen; 07-30-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallen View Post
I've been itching to get into a good play-by-post game. Personal qualifications: I've run two separate successful PbP games (albeit on different sites) that ran multiple years each. I just finished running a year and a half Tomb of Annihilation game on Roll20. And it's been way too long since I got to play, and not GM. :-)
Welcome to the horde pallen!
I've been on this site for just over 6 years, off and on, mostly on. Was a member of a few other sites as well, but in the last 4-5 years I've only been active here. This is due to the high quality RP of the members here, both player and DM/GM alike. And shout out to the Site Admins as well (you know who you are).

If you don't get into this game, keep applying as there's some great RPers here.
- D
Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1089
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Welcome to the horde pallen!
I've been on this site for just over 6 years, off and on, mostly on. Was a member of a few other sites as well, but in the last 4-5 years I've only been active here. This is due to the high quality RP of the members here, both player and DM/GM alike. And shout out to the Site Admins as well (you know who you are).

If you don't get into this game, keep applying as there's some great RPers here.
- D
I've not been here anywhere near as long (I think I joined up at the end of January this year), but I've been PBPing for well over 10 years now elsewhere, and apart from one solo game I'm running for a friend on facebook, all of my PBP games are being played or run here now. There's no other site quite like this one, so yes, a hearty thanks to the admins for making this place in the first place, and for the other players and GMs who use this place who make it a great place worth staying at.

And as Drach said, if you don't get in to the first game or three that you apply for, don't give up, you'll get there eventually, and it's worth it. There are the always recruiting games too which accept all comers, so that's a good place to hunt for games, as they're all run by old hands here who really know what they're doing. For the game I'm currently running, I couldn't hope for better players.

He / Him. Playing: Letholdus, Halfling Tempest Cleric, Snick-R-DDL-1, Troubleshooter
Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old 07-30-2020, 08:57 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8006
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
You know Drach, you're one of those high quality RP'ers too. Don't sell yourself short!

Edit: I completely flubbed and forgot to add my RP sample in my app. I finished it here

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 07-30-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
derpoet derpoet derpoet
I cleaned up my app a bit after getting some feedback!
Old 07-31-2020, 07:59 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 841
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Good luck, all!
Old 07-31-2020, 09:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
You know Drach, you're one of those high quality RP'ers too. Don't sell yourself short!

Edit: I completely flubbed and forgot to add my RP sample in my app. I finished it here
I have found that when I sell myself, I always come up short.
Right back atcha Odyssey. Your Druid submission is a world apart from the Assassin you RP'd in the last game we were in together, so would love to see him in action!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
TWELVE HOUR NOTICE!

Well, 11:45, but you get the idea. Today is the last day to tweak your submission!
Old 07-31-2020, 02:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 841
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfilia View Post
TWELVE HOUR NOTICE!

Well, 11:45, but you get the idea. Today is the last day to tweak your submission!
Is there anything you still want from moi?
Old 07-31-2020, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia Exfilia
FOUR HOUR NOTICE!

Submissions end at midnight tonight! I repeat:

FOUR HOUR NOTICE!

Please make sure your application includes a link to a character sheet and a description of how your character got to be a caravan guard, their reaction to the Captain's career change and why they want to take up adventuring.

Plus anything you'd like to add :-)
Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Please make sure your application includes a link to a character sheet
Check
Quote:
and a description of how your character got to be a caravan guard,
Check
Quote:
their reaction to the Captain's career change and why they want to take up adventuring.
Check
Quote:
Plus anything you'd like to add :-)
Check

Sheet in a link, everything else in spoiler tags.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:50 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 216
PSinha PSinha PSinha
Hey, it's time already.

Good Luck to all the applicants!
Old 08-01-2020, 06:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
G'luck everyone.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3208
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Good luck everyone !