twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-17-2020, 08:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
I have two concepts for characters (one for each team) I just don't know if I should bring out the Paladin, or the Barbarian. Also just my two cents, but I tend to find that in the games i've played if we are only posting once or twice a week the game tends to drag longer and people stop checking for updates after nothing has happened in 7 or 8 days. So there's that to consider as well...any feedback you'd like to throw my way either for posting rate or which team you think I should go for is much appreciated.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6735
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Hello again. I am wondering if you would allow the UA College of Eloquence?

Otherwise, still working on my app

Edit: One more question. I may have missed it somewhere (it happens) but what is the deadline for apps? Thank you!

Last edited by lydklein; 07-17-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:01 PM
The Difference

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1167
Split Split Split Split Split Split Split Split Split
Hello everyone, hope all is well. Lovin the new apps were getting! Just a note, when I was cawing on about Min/Maxing in my opening post, it was more in relation to how you spend your ability points or like powerclassing, all of these characters you have been asking about are great and full of inspiration and juicy RP possibilities. Noones asking to make a flying, magic sword wielding, anthropomorphic unicorn yet so we're good. Thankyou!

@Voodoozombie : Psionics are actually my favorite! Oathbreaker Palis are ripe and juicy for role-playing goodness, but everyone should be aware that strong moral convictions and faiths can and will lead to some interesting ... negotiations out in the planes. Not that it should deter you, just something to note.

@ Alemar : Cool, both sound fun you can apply for either or both! And I 100% agree with you on the posting rate. It's not something I can exactly enforce, just strongly encourage. However I do completely understand that RL is a busy place and posting can be kind of a timesink at times, but I do think that these games often die way too soon, and mostly because of like you said, chronic slowdown leads to players becoming less excited about the game and things quickly begin to slog. I hope to keep this game going for once!!

@Iydklein : I actually love the idea of the unconventional bard, and I think the Eloquence kit would be a great fit for this campaign as there will (hopefully) be lots of unique and bizarre encounters! And the Deadline is tentatively 7/31, but it's nothing set in stone.

@Tydorei :

Last edited by Split; 07-17-2020 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Awesome. Thanks. Time to think some more...
Old 07-18-2020, 12:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5594
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Hello again. I am wondering if you would allow the UA College of Eloquence?
Oooo, Im intrigued! I think that the College of Eloquence is soon going to be official anyway. Isnt it part of the new character options in the Odysseys of Theros?
Old 07-18-2020, 01:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Elanir I honestly have no idea. Haven't heard of that. PM me with that info, yeah?
Old 07-18-2020, 05:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1487
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
It's a strange thing to not want min-maxing when you infer PvP, but I did my best...I will admit that it IS still tweaked a little towards performance though none of my stats are 8 so *shrug* Also, I would like to purchase a shield with my starting gold for my Barbarian.
Application
left-aligned image

Character Name: Harriette Rawlings
Race: Half-Orc Female
Class: Barb2/Fighter1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Physical Description: Harriette has Heterochromia, a proud and rare trait that she believes marks her by the Gods. She has strength belying her Orcish heritage, yet the lithe suppleness of femininity, that if left unchecked would make the passions erupt in her suitors. Raven locks tumble down her back, and are tied off for ease of maintenance, and her skin appears soft, despite the harshness of the conditions she often finds herself in.

Personality: Harriette is a study in Duality. Her Orcish blood burns hot, ready and yearning for a reason to be. Yet it is constantly being tempered by the calm of her humanity, the love and discipline of her upbringing shining through and keeping her passions in check. She is stubborn, yet caring; and compassionate to the needs of others, while ruthless in her pursuits of martial perfection.

Background: Harriette has always excelled in the world of the physical, thanks in no small part to her mixed heritage. While some who look upon her see only the greenish hue to her skin, and the thick knotted hair, This young woman has from a young age has learned the practiced art of conflict. Often finding the rage boiling in her blood to be a useful tool, provided she controls it when not in dire need. Harriette has taken to wandering the roads as a hired hand, either as personal protection for nobles or caravans, or simply travelling from place to place in search of new experiences and new lessons to learn in the art of combat. She has come to the Misty Beard Tavern in Waterdeep from this wanderlust, a mere happenstance that may yet prove to be fruitful for her.

Party Preference: Was thinking Protagonist; but can go either way depending on number of applicants, or party balance.

Application #2
right-aligned image

Character Name: Luchion Lacreshe
Race: Human Male (Variant)
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Alignment: LN

Physical Description: Blue pools, reminiscent of a warm summer's sky pierce out from beneath a solid brow, and thin, wispy blonde hair is kept short around this young man's round face. He has chiseled features that denote a lifetime of physical activity and service, and he often smells of pig fat; As he tends to use it to keep his hair slicked back and away from his eyes.

Personality: His haughty nature has a knack for rubbing most people the wrong way... He does seem to realize that working as a team is the best way to accomplish big things, however, and will try to adapt to situations that warrant co-operation.

Background: Luchion is the only son of Count Moriarty Lacreshe, a minor noble of Waterdeep who has failed repeatedly to make it onto the council. Reeling from the embarrassment of his father's failure, Luchion has decided to place his trust in the power of Gods, rather than the machinations of Mortals and has such dedicated himself to the service of Bane; a Man who broke his bondage, and attained his own throne... Something that his Father evidently could never do himself. Luchion has come to his favourite watering hole in the city, The Misty Beard, in search of a cold beverage, and to listen to the goings on. For there is all manner of things one might learn should they just happen to catch the right pair of liquor loosened lips.

Party Preference: Antagonist

Last edited by Alemar; Yesterday at 04:26 AM. Reason: finishing basic backstories
Old 07-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie

Name: Thalia
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Mystic: Order of the Immortal
Alignment: LE

Physical Description: Thalia stands about 5’ 3’ and weighs around 120lbs. Her skin is a dark brown and her hair is light brown in color, showing the years spent outdoors living the back streets and alleys of Waterdeep. Her eyes are bright blue in color with a light ice like hue to them, making then stand out against her dark skin. Her build is healthy looking but on the thin and frail side and her light brown hair is cut short but well kept.

She wears either white or black loose fitting clothing for better movement and her matching boots are soft and flexible for quite steps if need be. Her hooded cloak also match what ever color she decides to wear that day. On her head she dons an ornate humanoid skull decorated with gold and silver chains wrapped around it. Hanging from the back of the skull is what appears to be a light, see through veil of some kind, also decorated with gold and silver chains.

Personality: Highly intelligent, confident, quiet and reserved she speaks only if she has to. When she does speak, it’s with a clear and strong voice. When she walks, she carries herself in a way that shows she can take care of herself. She is also constantly glancing around, letting others know that she is quite aware of her surroundings. She is not an easy target so perhaps they should look elsewhere.

The survival skills she learned while living on the streets of Waterdeep are engrained in her personality and have shaped who she is. She views each group she works with as a temporary family. She is cooperative, friendly towards everyone, has a sense of humor, is quite social with them and has their back if they need her help.

Anyone outside the people she works with, her “family” as it where, she is indifferent towards and treats accordingly. She has no pity or mercy towards those weaker than her or anyone she doesn’t know, and she doesn’t ruffle the feathers of those she feels are stronger then she is. And if a “family” member betrays her family, she is willing to punish the offender accordingly. She has never forgotten where she came from and that she is the only member of her street family that made out of Waterdeep’s back alleys alive. If anyone insults her past history, she doesn’t hesitate to “correct their ignorance on such things.” as she likes to put it.

Party: Antagonists. Why? Curiosity and experimentation. So far, all of the Mystic I've played have been good. Now I’m curious to see what happens when a Mystic isn’t so nice, has a different moral point of view and is allowed to ‘cut’ loose so to speak.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 07-30-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Arianah Nirin
Race: Aasimar (scourge)
Class: Bard (College of Eloquence)
Alignment: CN
Physical Description:

Arianah's pretty, oval face is framed by long, ink black hair that cascades down her back ending in deliberately messy, soft curls. No blemish or freckle mars her golden complexion. Large amber eyes, full of mischief, a captivating smile and the signature charm of the musician almost always endear her to her audience. Mistress of the stage Arianah loves to dress in soft, colorful fabrics. Confidence with a touch of arrogance can be seen in each movement. It drifts off of her much like the perfumed scents she loves to wear. Careful thought has been placed into every movement. From the flip of her hair to the way her fingers move across her lute -each was done with her very public image in mind and one purpose. Promoting the image of a woman with a carefree, free spirited life.

Personality:

Arianah has lost track of how many times she has felt the need to speak these words. Discussions about her past are pointless in her opinion. She finds recounting her life tedious (as she's already lived it all) and rarely benefits her. Yet, unfortunately, it's been a conversation the bard has had to have with many people: fans, lovers and friends. As a talented confident, self-possessed, ambitious woman, Arianah isn't afraid of hard work- especially if she can benefit her in some way. A beautiful woman -and unabashedly aware of it- she isn't afraid to use those looks when it serves her own self-interest. Perhaps, ironically, she still prefers to let her natural gifts and talent with an instrument (and words) get her where she wants to go. Appreciative of a good scam or ruse, she takes no offense if some dexterous, young fingers get passed her guard, but is quick to punish those the clumsy.

"Are you expecting me to tell you my life's story? I may be a bard, dear, but I'm not a sap. Weepy stories are for grandmothers and pathetic, romantic, little girls. I am many things, but, as you can see, I am neither of those. I am however, an entertainer. What kind depends on the day... and the company."

Silver-tongued, when the occasion calls for it, Arianah won't hesitate to exaggerate or bend the truth either. Though if you are lucky enough to be called friend, she'll watch your back almost as well as her own. However, if crossed, the brunette will freely offer the sharp-tongued words of reprimand you deserve. A woman of fluid morals she is as likely to help a child as she is to trip them.

"Sweetheart, if you can't get past me then you've no right in the business of... creative procurement." A statement followed by a swift kick to the young offender's rear.

Background:

Party: Although, I am leaning towards Antagonist, but being of a neutral alignment (aka: morally... flexible) Ariana can work with either party.

Last edited by lydklein; 07-31-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:40 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7904
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
One final question: Would Yuan-Ti Pureblood or the Dragon Marked races from Eberron: Rising from the Last War acceptable?
Thanks.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Edit:
My application is now finished.
Feed back is always welcome.
I also reserve the right to tweak the app before the deadline

Last edited by lydklein; 07-20-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3648
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Old 07-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Unless I missed it somewhere, what is the deadline to finish our apps?
Old 07-20-2020, 08:16 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7904
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
@voodoozombie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split
And the Deadline is tentatively 7/31, but it's nothing set in stone.

I took the Oath of Sangus