Notices

Old 07-21-2020, 12:36 AM
Lvl 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Fool Fool
I'm interested as HELL.

Edit this to include app within the next 48 hours.
Application to the Protagonist Team 50% Complete

Character Name: Lou
Class: Warlock (Pact of the Fiend (Considered))
Alignment: CG (Chaotic Good)
Physical Description: Standing at a smooth 5' 7'', deep red skin, silken white hair, and sparkling copper eyes, Lou is a stunner, no question. Musculature of a trained athlete, grace of a swan, and the resilience of a medium-sized pile of bricks, he's quite something... Except when intellectually challenged. It's a sore spot for him.
Personality: Lou is bombastic, outgoing, and always up to celebrate something at the drop of a hat. He cherishes social connections and present emotion over anything else, and considers impulse control to be a weakness he's cast aside years ago. He rationalizes the big, wide world(s?, there's a lot o' em) into the simplicity of a single conversation, a single social bond, a single party, from moment to moment and day to day. He wants to help people he loves or likes or finds admirable now. He wants to harm those he finds wanting now. Long-term planning is not his forte, unless it's how they're going to fund The Biggest Damn Party You've Ever Seen, Buddy.
Background:
Party: Protagonists, because bad folk aren't nearly as friendly, and getting a Dark Lord to smile is its own epic quest. Besides, backstabbing isn't Lou's style, and that's likely to come up in a gang of villaines.

Last edited by Fool; 07-21-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:06 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8006
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Hey, Fool!

I hope you don't mind, but here's an image resizing resource that was shared with me awhile ago by a DM here on the site. I use it all the time when using linked images.

HERE

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 07-21-2020 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 534
flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle
It's been ~three years since I've been here, I'm glad to see some familiar faces.

I even forgot all the fancy formatting on this site and I need to look over the PHB again, and because of that I will probably stick strictly to core WotC books but I promise it won't be boring. This is my placeholder post.

Update 7/22: Complete, unless I'm missing anything else. Took me less time than I thought.

Application COMPLETE

Last edited by flapdoodle; 07-22-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2553
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
right-aligned image

Character Name/Gender/Race: Exidor / Male / Githyanki

Class: Eldritch Knight

Alignment: LE

Physical Description: Like all of his race, his frame seems thin and deceptively frail, belying his powerfully wiry muscles. He keeps his head shaved except for a small topknot and has a neatly trimmed goatee, and sports an impeccably waxed thin mustache hanging well below his face. He is among the taller members of his race, and his eyes are narrow and sharp.

Personality: Exidor is haughty but refined in mannerisms and taste. He maintains a quiet contempt for almost anyone around him, and is at pains to conceal his snobbery when forced to work with others. His greatest disdain is for his own githyanki culture, which he views as having become uncouth and one-dimensional in service to the lich queen.

Background: Exidor was naturally one of the brightest of his cohort and took to both martial and arcane training. After his rite of passage, he served as a spy and a scout ahead of Gith invasions. However, he became highly influenced by the cultures he observed and came to regret the destruction of their achievements (although still lacking in pity for the loss of the people themselves). He came to view the endless Gith war as pointless and his own Githyanki society as hopelessly inert. His dissatisfaction eventually led him to the Sha’sal Khou movement, where he works in secret to put an end to the Gith intra-racial war. Posing as a Githzerai warrior, he is lodging in the Misty Beard in order to make contact with another agent of Zetch’r’r, but he does not know the details of his contact.

Party: Antagonist. Exidor views endless conflict as a futile waste, but also was simply not bred for compassion. So although he has one very noble goal in his life that could lead to a greater good, he also believes that the ends justify the means in getting there. More broadly, I have never played an antagonist so it seems interesting. NOTE: If there are too many antagonist applicants and not enough protagonists, I could probably run him as an anti-hero type instead of a villain.

Last edited by Yoshimi; 07-23-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
@Odyssey

I certainly did missed that one! Thanks!!!!
Old 07-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8006
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Welcome!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-22-2020, 04:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 423
routzong routzong routzong routzong routzong
Fully intrigued by the concept here! Working up a Tiefling Shadow Sorcerer character now for the Antagonist team.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:45 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1368
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
As I feared, it seems like most people want to be with the antagonists. Gonna be some fierce competition there.

Oath Taker
Old 07-22-2020, 11:58 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 542
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Hey, look at the bright side, anybody that want to be a protag has a likely chance to be accepted.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:53 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Amber
Character Name/Gender/Race: Amber, Female Verdan (Acquisitions Incorporated)
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Physical Description:
right-aligned image

Personality: She is nice. Amber loves talking about her artisan skills as a woodcarver. She enjoys carving many different things.

Background: Verdan's are known to mutate as they grow. Noone has heard of a red Verdan and to be honest Amber was not born red. She went to play in a cave not far from home but what happened in the cave changed everything. She Found a small alcove with a small tunnel and an hour or so through this tunnel she found an opening. Inside this small chamber a lifeless skeleton laid. Tattered clothes and old personal effects lined this floor. Void of life except Amber and a stange voice emminating from a strange crystal. The voice telling the small Verdan child to swallow the crystal which she did. An intense energy flowed through her body warming her up until she felt she would burst into flames and the pain caused her to pass out.

When she woke, she found she had better vision which caught her off guard. Without knowing how long she had been out she crawled back home. When she returned, people stared and would gasp as she walked past them. Her mother screamed at first. Amber had no idea what had happened. She looked into a mirror and found her skin that was once a shade of green was now a deep red and she now had long black hair. Out of all the changes to her body the weirdest thing is the voice that now spoke to her. A voice that came from her head that she found no one else can hear.

Verdan's are naturally inquisitve creatures and thus She decided to leave home. She was given some supplies from her family and armed with some new powers from the voice and her knowledge she was learning from a woodcarving instructor, she decided to move around the world and see what was out there. It was simply by chance that she found herself at the Misty Beard. Apparently a once great woodcarver named Cervantez had gotten inspiration from the place and thus Amber decided to see what was going on.

Party: (Protagonist because she is good hearted.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sen-baek-1224.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	693.7 KB
ID:	86080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled11_20200723010445.png
Views:	95
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	86081  
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Impaleddearan; 07-23-2020 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:05 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Feedback would be awesome if you have a chance
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-23-2020, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1369
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Application

right-aligned image

Wyran, Male Protector Aasimar:
Class: Paladin, Oath of Devotion
Alignment: Lawful Good
Physical Description: 6' tall, 180 lbs, Muscular, Long Platimum-Blonde Hair
Personality Traits: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit.
Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my pilgrimage, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy.
Background: Outlander (Pilgrim)
Wyran grew up in a rural village in the foothills of the Sword Mountains near the Dessarin River. From his earliest years, he received visions in his dreams from an angel calling himself Mykiel. Compassionate and hopeful, Mykiel planted the idea of a great destiny in Wyran's soul. Raised to be a capable huntsman and outdoorsman, upon reaching the age of majority Wyran departed home on a spiritual pilgrimage driven by Mykiel's visions.

During the pilgrimage, Wyran mostly journeyed alone, deep into the Desertsmouth Mountains, subsisting by hunting and gathering. Led by his guardian angel, Wyran completed a series of increasingly difficult and dangerous initiation tasks that tested both strength and spirit. He became aware of great battles in the heavens and the planes, and that he ultimately was going to have a role in those battles. Some of this time was spent under the tutelage of a mysterious old man who resided in the mountains, who taught Wyran about matters both spiritual and practical, including an education in the Celestial and Draconic languages.

The mysterious old man made clear that the time had come for action, that Wyran was ready to enter the world, seek allies, and do battle against evil. Following along the Dessarin River, Wyran prepares for the first steps on his journey towards his destiny.

While completely devoted to his cause, Wyran seeks out as well opportunities to experience and share the beauty of creation. Whether a story well-told, a song well-sung, or a beautiful melody well-played on his mandolin, he seeks to bring joy into the lives of everyone he meets.

Driven by his visions from Mykiel, Wyran follows the Dessarian River until he arrives in Waterdeep. He stays at the Misty Beard tavern, closely watching and waiting for the right opportunity to enter into battle against evil.

Party: Protagonist. Wyran's goal is to protect the innocent and defend life and happiness.

Last edited by gjf2a; 07-26-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Grom the Paunch
right-aligned image
Name: Grom, nicknamed Grom the Paunch
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: LE
Patron Deity: Bane
Background: Faction Agent [Zhentarim]
Physical Description: At six foot three inches and a whopping three hundred and three pounds, Grom is, well, paunch. But for a man of his size he is remarkably light on his feet. Though in his early thirties, his red hair is already balding. For vanity sake Grom keep the remaining hair on the back of his head and his mustache long. He has tattoos on most of his body. Grom says his chest is bare so that whoever ate his heart would not damage his tattoos. He doesn't fancy wearing shirts or tunics but will put on winter clothing when he has to. Grom keeps a piece of rope tied to his arm- he thinks it is his lucky trinket.

Personality: Grom primary motivator is acquisition- to obtain possessions/wealth. He has a contemptuous emotional disposition. Grom is distrustful, lazy, rash and paranoid. He often comes across as cantankerous. His sense of humor could be described as mean-spirited. Grom has the quirk of beard/hair stroking, especially when he is thinking.

Backstory: Grom was born in Rashemen. And for a Rashemi he is quite unusual. His lighter complexion, booming height and balding, not to mention red, hair just is atypical. So much so that people would gossip that his mother must have mated with a foreigner. By his late teens he had been banished by the Wychlaran for theft. He professed his innocence but like many who do he was actually not guilty. This turned Grom over the years into the bitter man that he is today. He spent the next decade in the service of various mercenary companies until he finally landed with the Zhentarim.

The Zhentarim loyal to Manshoon want to destroy Xanathar and gain economic and political power in Waterdeep. Of course, there are other Zhents who oppose Manshoon so things don't always go smoothly. Grom is often used as muscle by his faction. Lately though, he has been tasked to stay at the Misty Beard. His handlers want Grom to keep an eye on an half-orc named Fritz who they believe may be tied to Xanathar. And as always, he is tasked in finding opportunities for monopolies and profit. However, probably to his dismay if he knew, his handlers don't think he has enough brains to do anything right.

Party: Antagonists. Last time I played an evil character was DND2e so I guess I'm due.

Trivia

Last edited by MarsComulus; 08-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:34 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 852
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Can you imagine if the Hulk was the size of a Hafling? Yes, I did create a Hafling barbarian. Unfortunately, it's first level and not suitable for the game.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:24 PM
The Difference

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1167
Split Split Split Split Split Split Split Split Split
Hey all, sorry it's been so long since my last update.

My dog just past away the day before yesterday and I've been having a really hard time. I've had her for 11 years and loved her more than word can describe. The pain is terrible, and it's been difficult to focus. I had to take care of some things, but it's all starting to settle down now.

With that said, I'll still be needing some time to collect myself and get back in the saddle. Please dont think I'm dropping on you guys, I am very impressed with all these apps, have been really excited to play this with you all. This is going to be an amazing romp for sure. I am absolutely determined to keep this game alive this time.

Ok I'll be back in a few days with something more for you. Thankyou for your patience and understanding..and if you have fur-babies of your own, please go snuggle them. They always have to leave us too soon.

Goodnight everyone, take care.

Last edited by Split; 07-24-2020 at 08:26 PM.