Not here to apply, but simply do this:

*hugs*

Am sorry for your loss </3
Old 07-24-2020, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6735
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Im so sorry. As far as I'm concerned you dont need to worry about us. Let yourself grieve. We will be here.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
My condolences.

I lost my mini-schnauzer Xander last year and there are still times I cry over it.

Non-pet type people often don't understand how traumatic losing your 'family' member really is.

So yes, do your grieving... it needs to come out.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2553
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. No worries about the game!
Old 07-24-2020, 09:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 542
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Same here, sorry to hear your loss.

I'm lucky to still have two precious doggos that I care about, take as long a time as you like to grieve.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
Oooo, I‘m intrigued! I think that the College of Eloquence is soon going to be official anyway. Isn‘t it part of the new character options in the Odysseys of Theros?
I have the pdf and it indeed has the College of Eloquence.

This feature alone makes it the best bard subclass:
UNFAILING INSPIRATION
6th-level College of Eloquence feature Your inspiring words are so persuasive that others feel driven to succeed. When a creature adds one of your Bardic Inspiration dice to its ability check, attack roll, or saving throw and the roll fails, the creature can keep the Bardic Inspiration die.

There's also the Oath of Glory for paladins and a new background (Athlete). I would have thought they'd come up with more background options to fit this greek-type campaign.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3661
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Eóghan the Scarred
left-aligned image

Name: Eóghan the Scarred
Race: Mythic Odysseys of TherosSatyr
Class: A Secret
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Party: A Secret
Physical Description: At first many think Eóghan some kind of Tiefling, noticing first his scarification and then his horns. Most take several minutes to realise he is in fact a dusky hued satyr, darker brown than most. Lean like all his kind, his black hair hangs almost like a shroud and accentuates his gaunt appearance. Beneath the loose garb he is most often seen in, his torso and arms are taut, wiry and bare no small number of scars from past jobs.
Personality: Eóghan comes across as uncaring to most, apparently only concerned with the finer details of the verbal contracts by which his employ is bargained for. His older repeat clients however, know that like a calm forest lake much is hidden beneath his unbroken surface. Few would know he counts many as friends, though most as are mendicant as he is, and when given proper cause celebrates in a manner true to his heritage.

Background and Traits
Background

B.T.F.I.B

Last edited by Oghain; 08-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Oghain pan-pipe playing bard of the College of Eloquence... just sayin'
Old 07-25-2020, 08:56 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3494
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Rolling in the Deep
left-aligned image

Character Name: Nate Shadowsulker
Race: Svirfneblin (Deep Gnome)
Class: Rogue (Mastermind)
Alignment: CE

Physical Description: Thick, white hair falls in a mess down the gnome's back, but she tries to keep it controlled with a well-placed hat or a handy leather band. Her skin is the color of stone--the boring sort of stone that leans a little too grey, with hardly any variations, and her eyes are deep set and dark. Thin and muscular, she is built for stealth and quickness though not for speed. Out of combat or contract, her fashion choices run into regrettable--mismatched and ill-fitting with accessories that edge just this side of creepy. She's no hoarder, but she does like to wear prizes from her favorite kills, and they've been a decidedly eclectic bunch of creatures. If she were ever to smile, one might say it transforms her face, but whether that's a worthwhile transformation or something made for nightmares, most will never know.

Personality: Indeed, it was rare to see the gnome smile. Sure, her kind had a reputation of sorts--drab and depressed--but Nate was neither of these things. She was serious, and she was suspicious, and she was far too fond of silence. Still, Nate wasn't unhappy. She was busy. Nate liked being busy. As long as she kept moving, kept the network moving, kept the money moving, she could feel like she was contributing. True, the deep gnome was often contributing to the underbelly--some favorite of a spoken few--but there was very little that Nate would refuse for the right amount of gold. Indeed, Nate never appeared to be ruffled, no matter how desperate the situation, and this trait--combined with a well-practiced, dead-eye, blanked-gaze stare, was often enough to buy time and flip the odds. Maybe she should have been more conscious of her contracts and what led to them, and maybe she shouldn't have been so motivated by money, but nobody's perfect--least of all an Underdark transplant in a criminal underworld.

Party: Antagonist, because I have never played one before! I'm trying to branch out these days, and I do so love a challenge.

Sources: Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (p. 115 & p. 135)

Last edited by BinnFord; 07-27-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2020, 09:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3661
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsComulus View Post
@Oghain pan-pipe playing bard of the College of Eloquence... just sayin'
Its certainly an idea but just ask Odyssey, Lydklein and Elanir - I always have a surprise up my sleeve.
Old 07-25-2020, 11:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oghain View Post
Its certainly an idea but just ask Odyssey, Lydklein and Elanir - I always have a surprise up my sleeve.
Itxs very true. Always. Besides, I called dibs on Eloquence. He can't have it! *sticks out tongue*
Old 07-25-2020, 12:10 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Take you time. I'm sorry that is always rough.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-25-2020, 10:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-26-2020, 01:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5599
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oghain View Post
And it‘s always a very interesting one! He just likes keeping everyone on their toes, I think...
Old 07-26-2020, 01:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
And it‘s always a very interesting one! He just likes keeping everyone on their toes, I think...
Agreed.