: +

Notices

Old Jul 20th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
Antioch Antioch
Sorry, got home and got busy. Thank you for the welcome. So going to do things a bit backwards, starting with a little about myself.
About MeI have been playing Pathfinder for 2.5 years now, dabbled in some 5e, 3.5e as well as other systems.
My favorite system by far is Pathfinder 1e, I play and GM on multiple discord living worlds. I live in Eastern USA and usually available between 4-10 pm in said timezone.

Gnome DruidAC: 14
Special Abilities: nature bond, nature sense, wild empathy, wild shape, resist natures lure, spontaneous casting, woodland stride,
trackless step
Feats: Improved Initiative, spell penetration
Possession: mwk sickle, hide armor, druids Vestments, wand of cure lightwounds
Misc traits: darkvision, warden of nature, magical linguist
Skills: handle animal +7, know(nature) +11, linguistics +6, Perception
+10, spellcraft +9, Survival +12

SampleGilliad, a gnome with bright purple hair, green eyes, and wearing an explorers outfit, leads a couple of kids. "Mister, are we almost home?" The girl asks.
"Yeah, I'm hungry!" The little boy calls out.
"We should be there soon." Gilliad says as he takes a look at the different flora and fauna. "Should be another half hour or so." As the gnome says this a howl can be heard nearby, before a pack of wolves come out of the shadows around the trio. "Children, get behind me, and whatever happens stay close."
As the kids huddle up behind the gnome, he begins to shift and change until, where once a small gnome stood, a cheetah now stands on all fours, still growing in size. A yowl is given from the large cat before it pounces on the nearest wolf tearing into it.
Soon enough the other wolves are taken out or have fled, and the cheetah slowly changes back into the purple haired gnome, the trio managing to return safely after the encounter.

Last edited by Antioch; Jul 20th, 2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2020, 06:40 AM
Silly Little Rabbit

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9278
Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983
Hi Antioch, just one more post for you and you change your status and can send and receive private messages.

Can you tell me a bit more about your druid, like would he have an animal companion maybe?

Also, in case the Crypt seems more dangerous than it is, I am guessing that some of the characters will survive at least. It's not a guaranteed death for everyone.

Last edited by Alex1983; Jul 22nd, 2020 at 06:42 AM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2020, 08:50 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Antioch Antioch
Cool, yeah so the druid is using the domains instead of companion, little bit less work on my end. As for his domain he has taken the Growth subdomain for the plant domain. Enlarge person will be super helpful for a druid, assuming I could still use it on myself, I may actually switch out improved Initiative for natural spell so I can still cast in wild shape.
Old Jul 22nd, 2020, 09:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1673
Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco
This looks like a really fun concept for a game. The Cleric 3/Barbarian 1 looks interesting to me. I've always liked the idea of "smart" barbarians (also big, bulky half-orc wizards, but that's for another game)...and I've always avoided multiclassing because I'm always afraid of "giving up" some high level class feature (which I would probably never get to take anyway, because games rarely make it to level 18)...so I think I'll work up something based off that.

Unless he turns out to not like being a Cleric, in which case I'll just go for Barbarian.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 01:11 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1857
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Hey Thaco! Glad to see you getting your feet wet Maybe we will wind up in a game together sooner rather than later... good luck!
Old Jul 25th, 2020, 05:07 AM
Silly Little Rabbit

Tools
User Statistics
Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983 Alex1983
Several weeks earlier, in a town not too far awayIt was hot under the midday sun, the party passed underneath several archways into a cool shady side street. On one of the walls was painted a large mural depicting several strange scenes.

The first, a wide-eyed, inviting lady, gnawed upon by filthy toads, her body covered in serpents, was dancing with a pot-bellied satyr with bristly hair and an extravagantly wide open mouth.

Further down the street the scene changed. This time a depiction of a room with a man lying on his bed. The holy symbol of Iomedae - a dazzling sword with a golden crossed shaped handle - was set on the only small window of the room, high up out of reach and shining its light down towards the bed. A thin ray of light was directed down to the bottom of the large room, which was darkened.
A small tailed demon holding an ember lurked over the recumbent man, waiting for his hour, poised over the bed and peering down at him. On the one side an angel pointed up towards the small window through which the beam of light shone, while the man’s gaze seemed torn as he reached for a bag of gold offered by a small tempting grey-skinned demon with bulging red eyes, standing to his other side.
Death, a skeleton dressed in flowing robes and peering through a half-opened door, waitied to fully enter the room, in its hand a single arrow, pointed at the man.

In the foreground, a depiction of the same man as he appeared during his early life, in full health and luxurious green clothes. He was shown here storing gold in his money chest - around and within which small impish demons hid - at the same time he clutched a small prayer bead rosary. A helmet, sword and shield lay on the ground. However, the man was depicted naked in the previous image, without arms or armor.

In the next scene, the same man was shown, now grey with the rigidity of death, laying in a bed sumptuously decorated with gilded columns, and held fast by a group of devils surrounding him, one of which was ripping out the man’s soul through his mouth in the form of a little baby.

“Greed is a very strange and dangerous thing, my lord.” An old goblin sat against the wall, with his begging bowl placed in front of him, and a long pipe in his hand. “Please be generous and give me some change, and I will give you something in return that may help you”.

left-aligned image

One of your group tossed him a few copper coins, and he continued. “Thanks my Lords, May you never be tired! I don’t have much in the material plane to spare you myself, but I can offer you… a story. This is no ordinary story and might be useful to you. Perhaps more than you may think."

A monkey was walking through the jungle when it saw a bright red cherry lying on the ground. Ohh how he wanted it! Like a child wishes for candy and sugar, he did. He rushed up to it and tried to grab it but could not. The cherry was inside a glass bottle. But he was a clever little monkey, and soon he reached his hand inside the bottle and grabbed the cherry. Aha! Now he had the cherry, or so he thought! He tried to pull it out but was not able to slip his hand out clutching the cherry tight as it was.
Just then a hunter appeared from behind a bush. The monkey tried to run away but could not, the heavy glass bottle weighed him down and the hunter easily grabbed him. But still, the monkey was glad to have the cherry in its grasp. The hunter gave a hard tap to the monkey’s elbow, forcing it to let go of the cherry. The poor monkey was trapped, and had no cherry, and the clever hunter had his bottle, his cherry, and the monkey, who he quickly put into a bag.”
Old Jul 25th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips
Good afternoon folks, lovely to see active and experienced players and GM's around. I'm feeling a bit green and a bit humbled, but I'd like to try and participate and contribute to the game if possible! While I am indeed very new to RPGCrossing.com, I'm an old soul when it comes to tabletop and play-by-post, mostly cutting my teeth on the Giantintheplayground forum, email games and Discord living-worlds. In any case, it's mighty nice to make your acquaintance - the community spirit around these parts seems lovely and I've been impressed with the prospective content already for sure. It is shaping up to be a wonderful adventure indeed.

Order of Preference
As usual for tabletop, I opt for the filler role and take anything that's helpful and left.

I see that we currently have a Paladin, Wizard, Rogue, and Druid in our midst with another prospective looking at the Cleric/Barbarian or straight Barbarian. In which case, please allow me to fulfill the role of the Fighter(!), though I would consider any other alternative. This just seems to be a nice natural fit.

About Me I am a 29 y/o Englishman, a Sociology graduate and... a full time waiter, but very happy nonetheless! While I'm not at the day-job, I'm a gamer and general geek hobbyist at heart, proudly dabbing my hand at most things except from Wargaming - while curious, I hear that is plastic cocaine. I've known about D&D since my early teens thanks to the golden age of western animated cartoons, but only sat down for my first session when by surprise I joined a session at University by accident. I was hooked, I "got it" and the rest was history!

I've been playing tabletop for 11 years and DM'ing on-and-off for 10. I've always had a fondness for Pathfinder based on Pazio in general and their wonderful web SRD. The amount of character creation options is truly inspiring. While not actively DM'ing courtesy of my shift-work, I would like to improve on participating in and running one-shots or limited session runs. I've added a few modest self-published pdfs up on the DM's Guild.

The majority of my experience is also in the homebrew realm, but usually based within the general D&D setting of the Forgotten Realms. I have some second hand experience of a few modules thanks to the wonderful medium of tabletop live-play podcasts!

Why I find enjoyment in these types of gamesFirstly, I think play by post, when done well, is a magical thing. It's a living, breathing record of a game, when usually tabletop is something that just happens in the moment (without recording, of-course). Writing and interacting as a player within a world is a wonderful way to pass the time, I usually find it a lot easier to get into the role aspect of the game as it's possible to sit and really consider how to put things.

As far as difficulty and risk goes? Well, let's just say I'm a fan of Dark-Souls.

I'm running a bit late in the day, consider this application unfinished until I submit that RP fragment!
Thank you all, hope you are well. All the best.

Last edited by CoffeeandCantrips; Jul 26th, 2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 03:27 AM
Silly Little Rabbit

Tools
User Statistics
You mean this golden age of western animated cartoons?:

Fear not!
left-aligned image

-"You will never escape the realm of Dungeons and Dragons!"

-" Fear not: Ranger, Barbarian, Magician, Thief, Cavalier, and Acrobat. That was Venger, the force of evil. I am Dungeon Master, your guide in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons! "

(Just found out that series was animated by a Japanese animation company by the way.) Thinking about it, I would like to see an animated series based on the live-play recording shows, with voice actors included, maybe even with a wink to the style of Record of Lodoss Wars. I lked that series alot too.

Anyways, it's good to see you here on RPGcrossing C&C and I am looking forward to your roleplay fragment! (No pressure)

Last edited by Alex1983; Jul 26th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 04:26 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
That was a fine cartoon. Probably the only show on TV at the time where children contemplate murder.

In my opinion, Venger totally had it coming.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 06:36 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips CoffeeandCantrips
Eloric GreenecopperThose damned hinges hardly ever moved these days. A large wooden door of antiquity kept the draught and damp in. An uneven block stairwell descends down to a small hapless corridor of rough stone and mortar, the shoddy and hasty work of forced labor too poor for warehousing nor sewer. Hundreds of small stones and flints jut out almost everywhere, dull little spikes designed to ensure all guests have an unpleasant stay. There are no windows and the constantly moist, wet, cold air clings to every surface and draws upon every breath. The sconces had gone out long ago, the idea of an ember is all but a bittersweet memory. Little rooms of the barest comfort are complimented with a singular wall of thick heavily-rusted iron bars, daring the foolish to lash and to struggle.

The local bard no longer sings to keep the spirits high, only the sound of an occasional chesty phlegm-filled cough and the wails of the despairing can be heard above the deafening silence and the eerie soundscape of the underground. Not quite an oubliette, but to call it a prison would be a poor descriptor indeed. One cell however, was quite unlike the others.

Stone scratchings, chalk lines, and (when needs must) old blood and faeces lined every surface of the walls. Equations, diagrams, sketches, algorithms. These, to the hand feeds, mere scramblings of a madman, meaningless ciphers and portents of the remains of a crazed intellect. They would never understand.

Too useful to be slain on the field or put to an execution, yet not of noble birth; this was to be their ultimate fate. An all expenses paid bed and board courtesy of their most gracious hosts. This, my friends, this is what it means to lose a war.

He rubbed sore bloodshot eyes, and scratched at a long, unkempt beard. How long has it been now? They glanced at their smeared tally; the data inconclusive. They shook their head and slowly creaked their way vertical, their soiled strawmulch bed sticking to them as they went. The tatters of an old uniform stretched only so far. Had they forgotten about us? Has something happened? An upturned an emptied bowl remain motionless by the bars, unfilled for days. Numb hands and fingers tried to press the pressure of their constant headache, causing the world to blur.

They half-crawled half-shuffled to the gate. "Is anyone there? Be there any news?" he rasped.
A moment of silence echoed down the hallway before a loud coughing and retching replied. "**** you, Sarge. Let me fade in peace you old boot." followed by the unmistakable sound of a man turning the other shoulder and attempting to find their respite.

They carefully folded their legs and sat in modest contemplation in the center of their little world, re-living their brightest memory; their last moment before capture. An unlikely wry smile draws across their wretched face. It could have been so different, so easily, but this is exactly what feuding royalty and nepotism calls down upon us: nepotism and critical failure brought by the sins of wrath and pride. The Calvary will be the death of us, I said. Their is no glory to be had in your method, they said. Take your station, hold your ground, those are your orders.

They slammed their ruined hand across the wall, the weak thud being enough to create a fine shower of pebble and dust. When all you have is your memories, one may only live in the past forever tormented by the mistakes bestowed by others. Perhaps they had already died, yes? Perhaps this was one of the layers of hell, a fitting awful limbo, or perhaps better yet - did they really exist at all? The winners write the history books. Had they been erased? Is this what it means to be a ghost, unwilling, unable to move on? Whom would they seek their terrible revenge, it would only be upon helpless aged men from the time of trouble years ago.

By the gods, they were starving. Teeth clenched tightly to the back of ones' wrist. Muffled screams and whimpers blended harmoniously with sobbing and the dry tears of a dehydrated poor soul.

A thunder crack rang across their little desperate world. The great door, it had shifted! With a shove and with hinges that begged for oil and maintenance creaked open. Some of the newer prisoners had already lept to their feet and bars, eager to have a moment of interaction with a blessed free soul - one way or another. Thick boots stepped heavily, marching their way down the corridor. The sitting one dared not move lest it be another hallucination or fever dream.

"Oi mate, let us out! Come on y'--" with an audible crack the prisoner was felled where they stood, clubbed abruptly with a kosh. "Oh ****, oh ****--"
"Get back, prisoner. Silence! I will not ask again." a booming voice blasted with a ferocious intensity.

He looked down, shaking their head. It can't be.
"Name and rank, prisoner."
****, what was it again? "Eloric Greenecopper, Sapper Sargent, Red Auxiliary."

A sack was then unceremoniously tossed to the ground, the clatter of the cache sounding alien and intimidating to the man who resides within. The burlap rolled and unfolded revealing the small bounty inside. Dry rations, ruined bloodied chainmail, a tattered tabard of a forgotten insignia - the shadows of personal effects from long before and long forgotten.

"We have a job for you."
"... C-could I say goodbye to the place? This has been my home." he replied meekly.
The guards looked between themselves, unsure and confused, as if half-way between amused and horrified. "Make it quick, prisoner." They stepped aside to grant the shadowy figure a final moment of privacy. So, they're not done with me just yet. The cycle begins anew, round and round we go. Eternia.
Without another moment wasted, the prisoner lashed out to the cloth and frantically wiped the markings of their cell as quietly as they could, ruining their notes and life's work, all the while hounded by the barks of the people remaining behind bars, they were nought but meaningless noise now.

Satisfied, the man smiled with awful teeth and stepped out of the tiny cell and into their revival.

There's a job to do.

Last edited by CoffeeandCantrips; Jul 26th, 2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I greatly enjoyed that read, thank you!
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 09:05 PM
All veils and misty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1766
Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi Misty Phi
Wow CoffeeandCantrips. Welcome to the site and what a great entrance, I too enjoyed reading every word.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 07:47 AM
Owlbear Oracle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple
Good morning,

I'm intrigued by this - I've been on break from the site for a while and I think something like this could be a good way to get back into things!
I'm not overly knowledgable of pathfinder but its a system I really want to try.

I'll work on my application soon.

~ Apple x
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Silly Little Rabbit

Tools
User Statistics
Cool! Great post C&C! OtherwiseApple, welcome back to RPGxing and I'm looking forward to reading your aplication!
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Antioch Antioch
Huzzah Coffeeandcantrips and welcome, perhaps we have run into one another on one of the discord living worlds.