RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 08:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14740
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Yay! Familiar Firefly/Serenity people!!

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-16-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:20 PM
Cursed Shapeshifer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 510
Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl
Cole Brennan should be done, at least app wise. Let me know if I missed any details or can shift anything around to be a better fit. May make minor edits (mostly to wording) over the next few days, but I think I'm happy with the app.

I have taken the Oath
Old 07-16-2020, 11:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahl View Post
Cole Brennan should be done, at least app wise. Let me know if I missed any details or can shift anything around to be a better fit. May make minor edits (mostly to wording) over the next few days, but I think I'm happy with the app.
I'll give it a "once over" tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:57 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11419
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Well, I got into taleteller50's game so I'm out, but good luck with your firefly game Drachenspirit

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 07-17-2020, 09:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Well, I got into taleteller50's game so I'm out, but good luck with your firefly game Drachenspirit
Thanks Silk! Good luck with your new game as well.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Note that "cross character" skills always helps, so if there's more than one character with some skill in medic, piloting, fighting/shooting, and mechanic skills, it always helps. Plus, a character with great or at least decent people skills will come in handy too.
There's also a lot of specialty skills out there, and once the crew is "signed on", you'll have the option to change some around before we "go live."

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-17-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2492
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Dex is updated.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:39 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12102
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Oh! Me me me! Save me a place!
Old 07-17-2020, 05:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
Oh! Me me me! Save me a place!
Well, I'm taking six players, if there's six applicants at least, so there's still plenty of room!
Aside from the major slots for Captain, pilot, and mechanic, and the "needed" doctor type, there's also the niches for a "Face", a First mate, and public relations (Jayne's job title on Serenity).
And... some of these "slots" can be both, like Captain can also be a mechanic, or dr, or even pilot - same for first mate, 'Face', and Public relations job.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 07-17-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:46 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
right-aligned image
Name: Tamika Black
Sex: Female
Background: Tamika was born on in Athens, in the Georgia system. When she was sixteen years old, the Unification war came knocking on her family's front door. Her father and older brother went to fight, partially out of support for the Separatist movement and partially to defend their home. Both were killed in action, and the Alliance swept by and all but destroyed the township. Tamika's mother and little sister were killed, and Tamika was badly wounded. Grabbing her rifle, which she'd used throughout her childhood to compete with her brother in hunting, she fled the smoking ruins of her township and sought out the first Browncoat unit she could find. She managed to find one and explain her situation before passing out.

When she awoke, she was dismayed to find out the Browncoats were planning to drop her off at a safe location, though they were 'nice' enough to offer her the rifle back, stating she was too young to fight. When her arguments had no effect, she marched outside, bandages still on, and began demonstrating her effectiveness by shooting sentry markers at long range, balancing the rifle on her bandaged arm. Impressed with her skill, and to keep her from continuing to destroy their markers, the Browncoats offered her a position as a sniper, both to utilize her marksmanship and keep her from the direct fighting.

Tammy has seen action in the worst of the Unification War battles, including Du-Khang and Serenity Valley. Because of her remote position in Serenity Valley, she was not among those gathered after the Browncoats surrendered. Instead, she spent the following week sniping Alliance officers, who quickly learned to fear being out in the open. Unfortunately, this may have been a factor in why it took so long for aid to reach the wounded, causing many unnecessary deaths. This revelation, as well as the PTSD of the battles, has lead to a rather unfortunate drinking problem. She occasionally suffers flashbacks, both of the attack on her home and her battles during the war. Usually, the alcohol helps keep them away...but not always.

Since the war, the disillusioned and angry girl has made a living as a bounty hunter, utilizing her hunting skills to ply her craft. She has no compunction against collecting bounties against former Browncoats; as far as she's concerned, they're just as responsible for her family's death as the Alliance, particularly since they lost the war.
Skill set: Crack Shot, Heavy Tolerance, Lightnin’ Reflexes, Sharp Senses (sight), Very Favorite Gun (Customized 54R Sniper Rifle), Hooked (alcohol), Overconfident, Traumatic Flashes
Quote:
River Tam : [mimicking Badger's Cockney accent] Sure, I got a secret; more 'n one. Don't seem likely I tell 'em to you, now, do it? Anyone off Titan colony knows better 'n to talk to strangers. You're talkin' loud enough for the both of us, though, ain't ya? I've met a dozen like you. Skipped off-home early. Minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in the lockdown, but less than you claim. And you're, what, a petty thief with delusions standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill.
Badger : Nice to see someone from the old homestead.
River Tam : Not really. Call me if anyone interesting shows up.
Badger : I like her.
Jayne : [Whispering to the crew after River leaves] That there - exactly the kind of diversion we could have used.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 07-21-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:51 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3200
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Character
right-aligned image

Name: Seth Taylor McCree
Sex: Male

Background:
Born in a New Cardiff hospital on Londinium Seth on the 16th of August 32 years ago. His childhood was much like other well-to-do Coreworlders. He did fairly well at school and was happy. His parents decided he was destined for greatness and enrolled him in the Alliance Cadets, making certain he'd be an officer once he joined the Alliance military proper. His first commission was in Customs on Albion and while there he struck up a friendly relationship with a Merchant trader named Tamika Kraft, who's ship would stop in regularly. While Seth was happy in his position and duties, his parents were not and made a fuss trying to reposition Seth to a position that would look better once he'd left the Military for a political career. To this path the break out of the Unionisation War was a trojan horse, it looked to be a good way for Seth to work his way up the ranks but it lasted far longer than they expected. As they wanted him on the front but not actually in danger, Seth spent a fair amount of time aboard Heavy Cruisers. However, a Captain of a smaller vessel noticed Seth and requested his transfer to his own vessel. "He has a good eye and would be far more useful on my crew" was what the Captain wrote as to his reasons. It is uncertain why the transfer was authorised because those processing it didn't care? Or perhaps they were sick of being manipulated by Seth's parents who didn't find out about the transfer until months later and by then Seth was already in the thick of it.

Captain Hacket, had handpicked his team, their mission was to get behind enemy lines and to spy on and sabotage the enemy. This put them in danger nearly every turn. Thankfully Razer was an ace pilot and the Thunder child had been retrofitted for this exact purpose. Their Tech-head Narine had all sorts of tricks at her fingertips but never seemed to sleep or talk much, spending the bulk of her time in the Cortex. The Twins Fred and George who could only be told apart by George's mole on the right side of his neck, and Fred's slightly deeper voice. They were both mechanics and masters of blowing things up and keeping the ship running smoothly. And Jun, cold-blooded killer, at range or up close.

War changes a man, especially men like Seth, free from his gilded cage and faced with the horrors of war laid bare, it was adapt or die. But it also gave him a taste of freedom, something he had never realised he wanted or existed.

My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 07-21-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost6442 View Post
... People, this one or |this one?
Well... the first one looks like Chris Evans - which is nice btw, but to me... just my opinion here, the second one looks like a member of a Village People Tribute band.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5799
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Lmao
Old 07-19-2020, 01:31 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, definitely first one.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:23 AM
Cursed Shapeshifer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 510
Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl Nahl
XD

Yeah, first over second.

Things would be interesting with a former alliance on board. Loads of rp hooks there

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Nahl; 07-19-2020 at 06:33 AM.