RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 02:15 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Alien RPG - Hopes Last Day

Game NameAlien RPG - Hopes Last Day
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeCinematic Play ( A One Shot), Tutorial
FlavourHorror, Sci-Fi, Survival, Deadily, Space
Plot Summary
Hope's Last Day
Hadley’s Hope, jointly funded by Weyland-Yutani and the United Americas, has a “them and us” feel to it, with any visiting corporate folk looking down their noses at the colony’s laborers. Despite this, the colony has been developing well. There’s opportunity aplenty—and risk aplenty, too. Four days ago, a wildcatter named Russ Jorden was brought back, infected with something. He died, and some snake-like parasite disappeared into the guts of the base. Security has had no luck catching the thing, and somehow more people were infected. Rumor has it that some of them have died, and that there are more of these snake-things than Supervisor Simpson is admitting to. Simpson spoke over the intercoms, calling for calm. Crisis or not, you have a job to do.

Twenty-four hours ago, you headed out on a maintenance run to Processor 9, happy to leave base until the crisis blows over. Ten kilometers out, Singleton’s tractor gave up the ghost. A nasty, mechanical crunch told you it wasn’t going any further. Calls back to Hadley’s Hope got a cursory response: you were told to wait, and they’d get to your little problem when they had the time. While you waited, you got to talking about the crisis and the Weyland-Yutani corporate shuttle that arrived right before you left.

The shuttle carried an inspection team led by company agent Miranda Reynolds and her chief scientist Theodora Komiskey. Sigg relayed something he’d overheard—a hushed conversation about the shuttle being quickly and quietly readied for departure. Reynolds and Komiskey are likely the only two who can authorize its use, and the only two with the access keycards needed to use it. For all you know, it was Reynolds who ordered Jorden out there in the first place. It’s not right for the Weyland-Yutani reps to just skip out and leave you—the workers—to clean up this bloody mess! If things go bad, why shouldn’t you get those keycards and get away instead?

A day has passed, and you’ve still heard nothing. All further attempts to contact Hadley’s Hope have been fruitless. No one is coming to help. The only communications you pick up on are garbled, panicked even. There’s no option but to walk back, and see what the hell is going on…

"Tutorial'
This game is going to focus on learning the newish Alien RPG game through a small portion of Hope's Last Day which came with the book. This is a Cinematic adventure, which in terms of this TTRPG, is a one shot adventure often with pre-generated characters. As such, There are five pre-gernerated characters that will be used for this play through and am looking for one person to play each of the five characters. This is good as we would not have to spend time learning to make a character. This game also has Campaign mode which is where you make your own character and your own story if you will. I just learned this game and this will be a learning experiance for me as well. However, if it goes well I will certainly look to run a campaign for the game. The mechanics for this are vaslty differet than D&D.

DO NOT ROLL DICE IN THIS POST!!
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-20-2020, 09:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Zerix Zerix
Always down to try new things! I love sci fi, survival, and the looming prospect of death!
Old 07-20-2020, 11:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2492
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Just picked this up. I really like it so far. Would like to reserve interest.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:00 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Scot Thomas
I'd like a shot at a pre-generated character. If accepted into the game I could purchase the Alien RPG. The RPG has spoken curiosity to me so If accepted I have the time and dedication for the game. Also when the one shot is completed are we to continue or is the crux of the game to simply learn the game and move on to another storyline?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:25 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
As far as continuing the characters we will simply have to see how the one shot goes lol. You don't exactly have to purchase it if you don't want too although the book is beautiful.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:09 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
So can I count on a pre gen. I don't know how your accepting players. First come first serve or just by choice?
Old 07-20-2020, 07:12 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
I'll just choose the first five and run it again with others.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:31 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Thanks Impaleddearan, I'm on my way to purchase it and give it a good read. I was telling myself to check out this system awhile ago so cool. Thank you.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:41 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Wow, I'm totally impressed. Totally unique and fun. This is sure to be a blast. Not a bad read either.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:22 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
We currently have Zerix, Hyregoth, Scot Thomas. I need two more to start. Ill leave this post open until we get two more.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2274
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
I'm going to throw my hat in for this! You now have four interested! One more to go!
Old 07-23-2020, 06:52 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Welcome Howling Wind of, glad you can join us for some Alien fun.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
I am definitely interested. Question: Can I play a Yautja?
Old 07-24-2020, 09:15 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 989
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
I'll be a fifth if you still need one (lots of experience with YZE too, including running a homebrew Cthulhu game here using the Year Zero Engine). Alien is the only game in their stable I haven't yet either run or played.

He / Him. Playing: Letholdus, Halfling Tempest Cleric, Snick-R-DDL-1, Troubleshooter
Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old 07-25-2020, 12:11 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
Alright we have all five. I'll be emailing you all probably tonight with a link to the game