Pokemon A Time To Grow: A Pokémon Tabletop United Game - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
ShadSkad ShadSkad
ah i see, awesome, that makes a lot of sense that they would at least be able to attempt it without the hms.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3134
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Glad it makes sense! One of the big advantages about playing PTU is that pokemon can be much less limited than they are in the game. I want to be able to balance move mechanics and common sense in this game.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Xyza Xyza
You said that Channeler and Sage would be fine, so I'm assuming that the other supernatural classes are ok too? I'm specifically thinking about Telekinetic. And if so, what would be the general public opinion of those powers? My initial thought is that they'd be rare but not unheard of, where it might raise eyebrows but it wouldn't cause a full-on panic or sideshow, but I wanted to make sure.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Correct. Probably 95% do not have any sort of supernatural abilities, but at least 1 gym leader does so the public is aware that they exist. The general public would not understand them, but they will not chase you out of town with pitch forks and torches just because you have powers.

I mean, there are a lot of pokemon that can do a lot of things, and the general public understands that, right?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:43 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Xyza Xyza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Correct. Probably 95% do not have any sort of supernatural abilities, but at least 1 gym leader does so the public is aware that they exist. The general public would not understand them, but they will not chase you out of town with pitch forks and torches just because you have powers.

I mean, there are a lot of pokemon that can do a lot of things, and the general public understands that, right?
Cool, thanks. That should work well with my character concept then. Working on the last few things then I should be able to post soon. Still not fully decided on a Background (the stat part). Tentatively, I'm thinking [Daydreamer: +2 Intuition, +1 Focus, -1 Athletics, Combat, Perception]. Would that be fine?

Last edited by Xyza; 07-24-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The stat's seem fine to me for your background. Initially I am not certain that a Daydreamer would have a bonus to Focus, but I imagine it will make sense once I see your character concept.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:09 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Xyza Xyza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
The stat's seem fine to me for your background. Initially I am not certain that a Daydreamer would have a bonus to Focus, but I imagine it will make sense once I see your character concept.
Haha, I wasn’t so sure about it too, that’s one of the things i’m still deliberating. Partially it’s just because I need Focus for Telekinetic, which isn’t totally ideal and made me consider switching to Aura Guardian. But the powers of TK fit what I want better so hopefully I can make it work. It depends how Focus is interpreted I guess, my character is pretty scatter-brained but also could focus intently on one thing if she applies herself. And it’s probably one of the things she wants to work on the most too. I guess we’ll see when I finish the app.

Last edited by Xyza; 07-24-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good!
Old 07-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 193
Silim Silim
Looking through classes right now. Man, there's a lot of really neat choices there. Any recommendations for my concept I put up? Right now I'm considering Ace Trainer for being a pretty solid foundation, Researcher, or just going into Type Ace: Flying right away.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:32 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Cap Ut
How exactly does crafting work? For example, the Apothecary recipes just list the monetary cost, but in what conditions I can actually spend time creating the items?
Old 07-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Silim - All 3 of those would work well with your concept. Would not be surprised to see you take Type Ace early on if it is not first.

@Cap It - downtime crafting assumes that you have facilities and can buy the materials you need to complete the project. If you want to craft while camping, you would need appropriate tools and materials already. Usually crafting something like a pokeball is done with camping and finding apricorn berries. Other stuff is more commonly done at a city. And both require a skill check for success.

Hopefully that clarifies.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:12 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1576
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
How much downtime should we expect to have to pursue activities like that?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
A lot of that depends on the group. Anytime you go to a city for a gym challenge or contest hall, for example, you will have the opportunity for downtime activities.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12205
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Putting together my sheet. You mentioned pre-game shopping is fine, how available are TMs? I was looking to buy a Roost TM for my Rowlet.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:56 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
i know the application deadline hasn't passed, but it looks like you guys are already working on character sheets, so did i miss out?