Pokemon A Time To Grow: A Pokémon Tabletop United Game - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-29-2020, 07:00 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5343
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala

Name Gugu Barabajagal
Age 17
Appearence Gugu is a short teenager, usually dressed in a nice suit. His brown hair and beard are cut fashionably, and brown eyes give him a kind look. A katana is slung over his back, a trophy he took.

Description Gugu is a stoic man of few words. He favours sneaky or stealthy solutions to his problems. Came back to this island in order to discover the truth about himself. The pokemon is a nice bonus as he's always wanted one of his own, and he picked Venipede as it fitted his skill set. His own poison abilities give him an unique insight into poison type pokemon.

Background Gugu did not have the best start in life. His brother Janus was a criminal, and they moved around a lot. Janus would always deflect questions about their parents, until Gugu eventually stopped asking about them.
When Gugu was old enough, Janus started using him in his schemes. Look out at first, then Gugu would graduate further up the ladder of criminality. You have to understand, Gugu didn't see anything wrong with this, he was brought up in this world.
Upon his 15th birthday, Gugu was informed by his brother they would be working for Team Rocket. They were paying bounties for rare pokemon. Janus had information on a rare pokemon.
Stealing it wasn't a problem. The trainer was barely older than they were. Janus stole the pokeball whilst Gugu distracted the kid. They returned later to their hideaway and had birthday cake.
Whilst on the prowl at night, Gugu saw the kid trainer, and he was crying. Turns out he and his late father had caught the pokemon, and that was the last thing they did together. For the first time Gugu felt like a complete scumbag. Sneaking back to "home" Gugu questioned his life for the first time. How his "brother" really treated him. Not like his brother but a loyal minion. Janus was asleep, so it was a simple task to steal the pokemon back , and return it to his owner. Seeing the joy the two had at being reunited, Gugu felt good. Genuinely good, and he came to a realisation that he didn't want to lead the life he had.
Gugu intended to get his stuff and leave Janus. Unfortunately Janus was awake this time, and aware of what Gugu had done. Losing his temper he attacked and stabbed Gugu, very nearly fatally. His brother fled and left him for dead. If it hadn't been for a suspicious passer by, Gugu would have been dead. As it happened he needed months of therapy to get back on his feet, but he was fortunate enough to be placed with a good and kind foster family. Gugu didn't trust them at first, but they kept being good and kind to him. Gradually he realised Janus' worldview was wrong, and Gugu became ashamed of his background. He played with the family pet bulbasaur, and found that the poison abilities he had learned, had let him understand it's poison side better. Although he hadn't had much of an education, he tried to make up for that with a focus on pokemon.
When he answered the recruitment call from the professor, Gugu saw it as a fresh start. A chance to make up for his past. What he didn't expect, was the island was familiar to him. It felt like he had been there before, when he was a child. Gugu had long suspected Janus had been lying to him. Was this place home?

OoC goals Gugu has long suspected Janus has been lying to him, and that they're not even brothers. He's looking for the truth about himself. He is also on a journey to be a better person.
His side interest is poison pokemon, represented by the taking of at least one feature in poison ace. It also gells well with the ninja features I'll be taking. So Gugu would probably divert if he heard of a particularly interesting poison pokemon. His pokemon will likely turn into a surrogate family for him.

Ideal starter Venipede. I swear I chose this, before I saw what your dice roller thread was called.

RP sample
Gugu Barabajagal entered the hideout, almost as quietly as a ghost pokemon. Alas it was all for naught. Janus was very much awake, and smiling in a curious way, that Gugu had not seen before. He tried to edge his way back but Janus had seen him. Sighing in defeat Gugu said. "I see you're awake."
"Gugu, it's those keen powers of observation that will take you far." Janus said cheerfully, getting closer to Gugu. "I can't help but notice the pokeball, the pokeball that contained a small fortune is gone. Perhaps your detective skills would come in handy?"
I shouldn't have come back. This was a mistake. Damn. Gugu thought to himself with deep regret. Then he answered his brother. "Back to the kid. It's his friend, and a memento of his dad."
Janus looked at him, an inscrutable expression on his face. "You passed on a small fortune on sentimentality? Didn't I teach you better than that? I already called the team Rocket leader. You've put me in a spot."
Gugu didn't know he had the strength to stand up to Janus until then. "Yeah? Well maybe you shouldn't steal from kids then. I'm grabbing my stuff and going."
The smile on Janus grew wider. He ambled forward and put his hand on Gugu's shoulder. "Brother, let's not end things like this. You're my number one guy."
Gugu didn't see the knife until it was too late. Screaming in pain he was stabbed multiple times by his brother. Weirdly Janus was screaming too, his face twisted into something unrecognizable, his words unintelligible.
Oh crap, I'm going to die.
Fade to black.

Character sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classic-undercut-style-man-model-suit.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	86169  
Or so it seemed

Last edited by Acathala; 08-05-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
FunnyValentine FunnyValentine
Name: Zachary Steele
Appearance:
right-aligned image
A tall and lanky youth with shoulder length grey hair and differently colored eyes that always seem to be darting back and forth, looking for some unseen threat. Generally wears black clothing that blends in well with the dark, and of course that has many, many pockets.

Description: Zach is a quiet kid at first glance, but spend any amount of time with him and you'll learn that he's actually very assertive. When he thinks he's right, He's right and it would take a miracle to convince him otherwise. His quiet first impression comes from the training that he received from his family. His father is a harsh taskmaster, and in his presence especially Zach is a much more docile and obedient person His goal here is obsentibly to work the 'Family Business' but he wants to use the time to see what life is like away from his family, and to see if it's what he even really wants to do with his life.

Background: Ghost Type pokemon are an enigma even today. Their origins are unknown, their purpose unfathomable. Sometimes, these creatures grow violent and unstable, and when they do it's a good thing that the Steele family is here to help. A family of ghost hunters, Zachary was raised in the family business: Putting the souls of unstable ghosts to rest. As you might imagine, this was quite the unconventional childhood,and his education in areas outside the occult has suffered greatly. It's pretty hard to focus on learning math and geography when you're cave diving to try and exorcise a rampaging spiritomb!

OOC Goals: So basically I want Zach to journey around, experience life away from his family. He's going to be very interested in the ruins, but more than that I want him to realize there's a life outside the family business. He'll probably get involved in the gym circuit and eventually become an ace trainer. I don't know how much backstory you want to use in the game, But if you wanted some of his family to show up after he started getting a taste for freedom and making friends to have some conflict happen, that could also be cool.Outside of the main story plot

Ideal Starter: My ideal starter would be a Sandile or a Larvitar, dealers choice.

Roleplaying Sample:
Zachary stepped off the gangplank and onto solid ground for the first time in a week, letting out a sweet sigh of relief. The journey from Unova was a long one, and he had no love for the ocean.
Being trapped on a boat with nowhere to run to if things went wrong put him constantly on edge, and he had almost worked his way through two entire packs of cigarettes during the journey.
But regardless, he was here now and the worries of the sea were in the past. "Breathe the free air, Zach." He whispered to himself. He was supposed to check in with his father the moment he arrived, but it couldn't hurt to do a little sightseeing first right? it was his first mission alone ever, so he might as well take the opportunity to spread his wings a little. Mind made up, Zach made to explore the quaint little town...
BRRRRRING...BRRRRRRRING...
And immediately stopped in his tracks. He didn't even have to look at the phone to know who was calling. Letting out a long sigh, He reluctantly pulled out his phone.

"Hey dad." Zach said, attempting to inject some life into his voice.

"Status report." A gruff voice bit out over the phone.

Any and all joy melted off of Zach's face. ""Arrived at the approved destination. I'm going to stock up on what supplies I need and head out to the first of the ruins as soon as possible."" he answered in monotone.

"Good, keep me appraised of the situation." The voice commanded. The line was cut with an abrupt click and Zach put his phone away with a sigh. He pulled out another cig and quickly lit it, taking in a long drag.

"Well, so much for things changing." he muttered to himself, and set off into the town to buy the supplies he needed.

Last edited by FunnyValentine; 08-05-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3134
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
First post has been updated with new applications!

For those of you who have not finished yet, looks like the only thing missing is your in-character roleplay sample. Please be sure that your application is complete by the deadline so it is eligible for consideration.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 193
Silim Silim
Oh man, there's a ton of applications. Good luck to each of us!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:22 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1576
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
*squrims impatiently*

By the way, hey FV! Good to see you

Last edited by briar; 07-31-2020 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
FunnyValentine FunnyValentine
Good luck everyone! The wait for the application deadline is gonna be rough haha, I want to know if I made it in already!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
*squrims impatiently*

By the way, hey FV! Good to see you

Hey Briar! Good to see you as well. Hope we get to play together again .
Old 07-31-2020, 09:13 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
That's me. I realise I've given you more than you've asked for, so hopefully it doesn't count against me.
Or so it seemed
Old 07-31-2020, 11:03 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
ShadSkad ShadSkad
T-Minus 5 Days

Last edited by ShadSkad; 07-31-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
You all are really not making this easy on me.

Definitely going to be accepting the max # of players on my range by the looks of these applications.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
dr kekyll
hey i've been meaning to ask before i finish my roleplay sample if you wanted to give us our first pokémon or if i could write in an encounter with a pokémon that would be my starter. it just has a slight impact on the short scene i was going to write.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
You will be receiving your first pokemon in game shortly after we start.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Are you letting us pick the egg move of the pokemon?
Or so it seemed
Old 08-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
For the starter? No, unfortunately you do not get to pick the egg move. I will be selecting an egg move that should be helpful with the first couple of encounters.

Just FYI, I will be going through all the applications on 8/5 to make my final decision. Starting in the morning, I am not sure how long it will take. Not quick, judging by the quality of these applications. I will post on this thread when applications can no longer be submitted.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; 08-03-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
I'll keep my fingers crossed for toxic spikes. I'm going to try and have a sheet up for you soon, so you can see what you're dealing with
Or so it seemed
Old 08-04-2020, 03:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Last chance to make changes or submit a new application. The deadline is tomorrow, and I will be going through applications in order of submission.

Honestly wish I had the time to run the game for more players. There are some incredible characters here whose stories I will be sad not to explore.