Other [Lancer] Code Geass: Ronin of the Rebellion - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 06:42 PM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4449
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
[Lancer] Code Geass: Ronin of the Rebellion

Code Geass: Ronin of the Rebellion
A Lancer Campaign

APPLICATION DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT, 24 AUGUST (AEST)
LANCER RULEBOOK AVAILABLE HERE

I destroy worlds ... create worldsSummary: a mech pilot campaign set in the world of the anime Code Geass. A mission-based structure emphasising mechanised combat, mixed with small-scale operations and operatic melodrama (i.e. BIG SHONEN FEELS).

Themes: The price of war, segregation, prejudice, personal need vs the greater good, making a devil's bargain, big mech guns (that's a theme, right?).

This game will be run using the Lancer rulebook, which is available at the link above. Players only need the free version of the book; it has everything needed for full play.

If you're a witch, I'll become a warlock
THE GAME

I intend to run two teams of four players each, operating on opposite sides of the main conflict. Exact team sizes may vary depending on quality of applications. Choose your side when you apply; it's a basic Empire vs Rebels match-up. Don't feel like it has to be 'good guys' vs 'bad guys', as there are cold-blooded opportunists and hopeful idealists on both sides of this conflict. Your choice will affect the Knightmare frames (CG term for mechs) initially available to you, as well as the types of missions you will undertake. (You'll still get a healthy mix of mission types, but each side has a slightly different emphasis on objectives and priorities.)

All players will start at License Level 0 in an 'Episode 0' with a mass-produced Knightmare frame, the Sutherland (Everest in the Lancer book). After this mission, you'll have the opportunity to gain a license in one of the advanced mech designs and start earning new equipment, and subsequently earn use of one of the individual mech frames themselves. Note that each team will begin with access to half the pool of mech licenses in the book. As the campaign develops, access to the respective remaining licenses will open up to everyone.

Each team will have their own campaign path, with major 'episodes' for their missions. There will be small-scale operations and downtime moments between these sessions, depending on outcomes. You won't encounter your opposing team's counterparts during mission combat, but you may run into each other in downtime or other situations.

Oh ... and the final campaign mission for the season will be a large joint scenario with potential for a dramatic face-off between the two teams. It'll be treated as more a chance to have messy fun with your toys against equally overpowered opponents rather than a serious winner-takes-all showdown.

This 'season' will result in a total of about seven missions for each team (subject to change based on final teams). There may be an opportunity to have a second season after this campaign's joint finale, but plans are TBD depending on how we progress.

I'm expecting an average posting rate of 2 per week.

Will you walk it? The path of carnage?
THE SYSTEM

Lancer is an indie RPG system with an emphasis on mech management and tactical combat. There are over two dozen mechs in the book's catalogue, and a huge potential array of weapons and systems with which to outfit them. You can outfit a samurai mech, a walking gun rack, or get weird with reactive teleportation and mimic guns. If you love customisation and copious use of the word 'plasma', you'll probably like Lancer.

It's also a good system for new players, with the way it eases you into the game with a starting mech and gradually unlocks options rather than having everything available at once. In addition, I'll be providing quick-guide notes for basic mechanics and need-to-know terms. Even though this will likely be a new system for you, I'll be making sure that learning the ropes is as painless and engaging as possible.

There will be very few fundamental changes from Lancer's rules for this game, except for some alterations for a better PbP experience (e.g. initiative), a minimal revision of terminology and the added opportunity for pilots to gain a Geass power.

The power of the King will make you isolated
THE SETTING

WARNING: THE STORY OF THIS CAMPAIGN TAKES PLACE AFTER SEASON 1 OF THE ANIME. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW TO PARTICIPATE, BUT YOU WILL ENCOUNTER SPOILERS.

Non-spoiler summary

This campaign will take place in occupied Japan, now known as 'Area 11'. The globe-spanning Holy Britannian Empire has an iron grip on Area 11, with Japanese-born inhabitants denigrated as 'Elevens' and made second-class citizens in their own land - unless they become recognised as Honourary Britannians, a status many Japanese see as a betrayal. Even then, they're perpetually under the boot of the Britannian noble aristocracy.

Britannia has secured its expanding hegemony with superior military technology, embodied in the mobile and deadly Knightmare frames. In securing Area 11, they also gain custody of the world's largest natural deposits of sakuradite, the superconductive mineral key to powering these machines.

Dissidents skulk in the underground, but Britannia has always demonstrated overwhelming and lethal force against any resistance with little regard for collateral damage. In the past two years, these rebel cells have been linking together into larger armed forces, and Area 11 has quickly become the hottest zone in the empire for revolutionaries. A great show of resistance has already come and gone. For those still willing to take up the fight, it's time to try again and make Britannia pay for her atrocities. For those representing the Holy Britannian Empire, the long game against these renegades is coming to an end.

Extended summary

This campaign will begin several months after the end of Season 1 of the anime. The events of Season 2 will be overwritten with this campaign's progress. Minor characters from the show will make occasional appearances; encounters with more significant characters are possible, but unlikely.

CHOOSE YOUR ALLEGIANCE

Compete, take, possess, control! Beyond that lies the future!
left-aligned image
THE HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE

All other 'world powers' are weak and stagnant. Only Britannia strives to compete and evolve, and carry its ideals into a new future. Britannia has proved its supremacy, but there is still work to be done.

In the wake of so many mass-production and prototype Knightmare frames falling into the hands of rebels and insurgents, new initiatives within the Military Engineering Corps have been green-lit to rapidly engineer new 7th generation experimental frames to act as elite anti-Knightmare shock troops. The Corps are in the process of selecting new recruits to trial these testaments to Britannia's might.

The world is already as good as ours. The final days of those who would oppose us are at hand. All hail Britannia!

Beginning licenses available: all Northstar and Harrison frames (NB: The Barbarossa frame is not permitted for field use, but you may still gain its licensing and use its non-core gear in other designs)

Choose Britannia if you want to play with endurance, close-range proficiency and powerful energy weapons. Your missions will prioritise securing areas of interest, pacification, and elimination of rebel establishments.

Those with power, fear us! Those without power, seek us!
left-aligned image
THE ZERO RONIN

Britannia thinks it has won, but the spirit of those who would see freedom from Britannia's tyranny has endured. We follow in the example of the revolutionary Zero, and take up the fight for justice in his name.

Desperation prompts innovation. Through great effort and a little luck, the Zero Ronin have secured a stable network of development funds and ample materials. But the examples of past engagements serve as sobering lessons. A pitched battle with rank and file Knightmares will always favour Britannia; therefore, the Zero Ronin must push the limits of technology and seek new ways to engage the enemy.

The fight for 'Area 11' is far from over. The Ronin will take back their land and restore its rightful status. For Zero! For Japan!

Beginning licenses available: all Smith-Shamano and Horus frames

Choose the Zero Ronin if you want to play with agility, precision and battlefield control. Your missions will prioritise sabotage, targeted assassinations, and guerilla warfare.

APPLICATION DETAILS

The second you came into my reach, victory was mineName: ... do I need to explain? You may also give yourself a callsign.

Allegiance: Are you with Britannia, or the Zero Ronin?

Appearance: A general description; it doesn't need to be much. Accompanying image is optional.

Background: Describe who you are and what brought you to take up arms in the war. You must also select a background tag. The list below is slightly modified from the book and covers most basic options, but you're open to pitch your own appropriate descriptor. Your chosen background describes your origins and can be invoked for minor non-combat roll modifiers.
  • Celebrity
  • Criminal
  • Civilian
  • Hacker
  • Mechanic
  • Medic
  • Mercenary
  • Noble
  • Outlaw
  • Priest
  • Scientist
  • Soldier
  • Spec ops
  • Worker
Triggers: Create four triggers, which are individualised skills or circumstances where you receive a +2 to your relevant roll. Examples might include '+2 threaten', '+2 get somewhere fast', '+2 spot', etc. More example triggers are on p26 of the rulebook but you may create your own unique triggers as appropriate.

Geass power: You will encounter a mysterious individual who makes a 'contract' with you. This will grant you a powerful supernatural ability; it might be compulsion, telepathy, precognition, etc. Describe the power you would gain here. If you don't mind massive spoilers for the show you can read about in-world examples at https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/Geass, but you may also consult with me on possibilities. Geass is unknown to most regular individuals; Geass users tend to keep their abilities a closely guarded secret.

RP example: Show me your character in the moment. Give me a dramatic or emotional scene; this anime doesn't use half-measures when portraying big emotive moments.

Last edited by HotsuSama; 07-29-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:43 PM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Placeholder post for collated responses to questions, application list, etc.

HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE
UserNameBackgroundStatus
ArjentOsian DaviesMechanicComplete
CrimsonVincent ParvatiiHackerComplete
UnderDarkLordKenichi "Ken" LandsfallSpec OpsComplete
MythrandilFranz ConstantineScientistComplete

ZERO RONIN
UserNameBackgroundStatus
EmmaRaeHamato SugiWorkerComplete
AmargaBorz MelikovPriestIn Progress
PreacherwolfCham DokkaebiScientistComplete
PSinhaKenshi MinatoTBCIn Progress
AnotherDragoonKenji SaitoMechanicIn Progress
techRomancerCharisma KnoxleyCivilianComplete

CHARACTER MANAGEMENT

A big thanks for PSinha for putting me onto COMP/CON, the official Lancer companion app. It's very useful for managing pilot and mech info, and for using the compendium to quickly browse through options.

For the purposes of the game I will still require accepted players to keep a current stat block for themselves and their mech on this site. Fortunately, you can export data as text from COMP/CON. It'll look something like the example pilot below.

FAQ AND ELABORATION ON SETTING

Last edited by HotsuSama; Today at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 911
Arjent Arjent Arjent Arjent Arjent Arjent Arjent Arjent
Two teams, eh? Very fun! Given the current political climate, it might be interesting to explore these themes. Timely, Hotsu!

Hmm - How to carefully position this in a fictional world...

You know, Brittania gets a bad rap, but really they are just trying to get rid of identity politics and reward people based on their merits and talents. Very magnanimous of them. Code Geass is all written by the rebels, just like Star Wars it only presents one skewed viewpoint! The Rebels were the bad guys, you know.

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Osian Davies
Callsign: Cwtch (Snuggles)

Allegiance: Britannia

Appearance: Tall, dark-haired and handsome. Osian is muscular and fit; a lifetime of fighting has shaped his body and his mind.

Background: Mechanic - Osian spent five years at a frontier base in New Zealand where he gained a reputation for getting in close and personal with his mech, often leading to regular breakage. Fed up with the chiding of the base mechanics, Osian learned enough rudimentary skills to service his own mech, but worked more toward incorporating new ideas instead of just patching up holes.

Geass power: Precognition - When he makes eye-contact with someone, he can see the next few actions, words or decisions they intend to take. This is accurate for a few seconds, at best, as the world and situation around them changes, so do their decisions.

Triggers:
+2 Assault Trooper
Assault - Every weapon, every way, every enemy, every day. Git 'er done.

+2 Necessity is the mother of invention
Invent/Create - Crank it, spank it, smack it on the bing-bong. Practical applications and jury-rigged components

+2 Full tilt boogie
Get somewhere fast - Out of trouble or into it, usually, faster than is wise. Safety third.

+2 Hold my beer
Show off - Flashy, cool, impressive and usually reckless or dangerous

and homage to HeinleinRP example:

Last edited by Arjent; Yesterday at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:09 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2718
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Posting interest, will apply in a separate post since I have some questions.

This is probably a no-brainer, but do we start Episode 0 at LL0?
Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjent View Post
Placeholder for my application. Looking forward to it, HotsuSama.

Two teams, eh? Very fun! Given the current political climate, it might be interesting to explore these themes. Timely, Hotsu!

Hmm - How to carefully position this in a fictional world...

You know, Brittania gets a bad rap, but really they are just trying to get rid of identity politics and reward people based on their merits and talents. Very magnanimous of them. Code Geass is all written by the rebels, just like Star Wars it only presents one skewed viewpoint! The Rebels were the bad guys, you know.
Timely, yes, but I intend to keep it from getting too political or dependent on real-world parallels. It's an escapist game in the end, after all. In the end the focus will be the giant robots, as God intended.

The Emperor approves of your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrandil View Post
Posting interest, will apply in a separate post since I have some questions.

This is probably a no-brainer, but do we start Episode 0 at LL0?
That's right. I'll edit the post text to make it unambiguous.

Last edited by HotsuSama; 07-28-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:19 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 166
PSinha PSinha
Two whole teams? This is more ambitious than I thought. Restricting license choice from either IPSN & HA or SSC & Horus licenses is quite a bold ruling, though.

I'll put up a post soon.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:48 AM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
Ha ha, I thought there would be some attention on the license split! But I have my reasons for going ahead on it. It provides each side with distinct initial flavour appropriate to their starting point in this stage of the conflict. It reduces the workload on new players learning the licenses and options if they find scanning all 28 mech licenses at once to be intimidating. And licenses will open up in availability to all players in the long run anyway as part of the arms race (e.g. raiding enemy production facilities and stealing blueprints, that kind of thing).

Old 07-29-2020, 02:01 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 133
EmmaRae EmmaRae
Code Geass is one of those shows thats just perpetually been on my "I should watch that sometime" lists, but I am not going to turn down a chance to get involved with giant mechs, and I am an all-day sucker for new indie systems.

ApplicationName: Hamato Sugi
Allegiance: Zero Ronin

Apperence: At first blush, Sugi looks like your typical Japanese lower-middle class woman. She is slender but well built as far as muscletone goes, tends to favor pretty casual fashions in dark but still neutral colors, and she keeps her slightly unruly hair up in a ponytail at most times. Really the only distinguishing physical feature you might find on her is the series of lines and squares tattooed on her forearms and the back of her hands, a call to her Ainu heritage she is personally rather proud of. (She opted out of the trademark mouth tattoo only out of concern for her possible future getting jobs. Arms and hands can be hidden after all.)

Background: Tag: Worker
Sugi was born and raised on Hokkaido, her family being natives of the industrial city of Muroran. Her father was a steel worker, her mother a half-Ainu homemaker who tried her best to keep some of the old ways alive while still blending in as best she could. Growing up, Sugi was never the smartest student, but never the bottom of her class either. However, she also refused to follow in her mother's footsteps and just settle down with someone. This combination of events lead to Sugi entering the work force right out of high school, specficly finding employ as a sakuradite miner. The hours were long and dangerous, but the pay was good enough she was able to get her own apartment and start thinking about her future. But the longer she thought about that, the more she hated it. Sugi had been a schoolgirl when Britannia had taken over, and she was already looked down upon before that in some ways due to her bloodline. The only thing worse than being a second-class citizen was being a second-class citizen of other second-class citizens.

And then it happened. The Black Rebellion. The Black Knights and the assault on Tokyo. The Holy Empire wasn't beaten, but it was shown they could bleed. And if it can bleed, it can be killed. When talk went around the next few days at the mine, Sugi was front and center in support of the upcoming strike, which quickly lead to her taking place in a newly formed rebel cell taking potshots at the soldiers sent to break them. Now a criminal on the run, Sugi has made her way south onto Honshu. Towards Tokyo, towards freedom and an end to the Empire.

Triggers: +2 Blow Something Up
+2 Stay Cool
+2 Hack or Fix
+2 Word on the Streets

Geass: The Will of the Kamuy - Given to her by a mysterious elder she met when meeting her mother's family for the first time as a child. Sugi can force a target to be completely overwhelmed by a singular base emotion, such as Fear or Lust. Unless the target is of strong enough will to power through this emotion, it will overtake them entirely and sweep away their reason. Sugi uses this power sparingly, as while it is effective, the reactions of those she targets tend to be anything but subtle.

RP Example: "Well, we knew it was only a matter of time..." Sugi sighed with a chuckle as she hunkered down behind a crate of mining equipment, a stolen shotgun in her hands. The worker's strike had gone from just civil disobedience to a full crackdown in just a matter of days, and now the miners themselves were engaged in a full on military standoff. The damn Britannians had even sent a Knightframe, which was more than a bit overkill in her opinion for dealing with a few citizens with some highjacked hardware.

Sighing again, Sugi looked back into the supply room she was hiding out in. Less than half her crew had made it past the initial assault, and worst of all her supervisors were all dead as well. This meant by some sick cosmic joke she was one of the most senior workers still alive, obvious in the way the others looked at her, eyes filled with fear and shock. Her tattooed hands gripped the shotgun tighter as another blitz of bullets rang against the thick metal doors of the room. The supply room had been picked for a good reason as a rally point, it was closed to the entrance and reinforced on all sides in case of both cave-in and accidental detonation of the mining explosives. The last thing anyone wanted was the whole city going nuclear because a crate of bad TNT set off a whole sakuradite vein.

As that thought crossed her head, a wonderfully terrible idea filled Sugi's brain. Quickly she looked around the room and found what just might be their ticket out of here. "Hoshi, hand me that busted razor." She commanded, pointing to the shelf above one of her young comrades, who tentatively did as he was asked. Sakuradite was tricky sensitive stuff, and had to be carefully shaved out like ice off of a glacier to get anything more than dust out of the mine. Specialty equipment had to be made for this, including the 'Razors', two-handed monstrosities that resembled a deli slicer combined with a chainsaw. This razor in particular was in here awaiting servicing, the blade housing being jammed with debris after an accident one of the newbies caused. With an experienced eye, Sugi examined the device and found what she was looking for: highlights of dusty rose amidst the pebbles jamming the poor machine. Impure sakuradite, not good enough to actually power a Knightframe in any way, but still enough power to cause some damage in the wrong hands.

"Alright boys, get ready to run like hell." Sugi stated with a grin as she grabbed a roll of det-cord and began winding it around the razor. Confusion in their eyes quickly turned to a strange mix of fear and excitement. As she slammed a blasting cap on the end of the tied off cord, Hoshi moved up to open the door slightly, waving a white handkerchief out the gap in order to distract the Britannians and keep them from shooting. Quickly the white flag was pulled away, and the door opened wider, allowing Sugi to swing back with the improvised exposive. Silently praying to all the gods and kamuy, she hammer-tossed the rigged razor right at the gunline. Before the soldiers could react, the dirty bomb went off, demolishing the quickly rigged barricades they had set up and taking out several of the occupiers.

What followed next was chaos. A dozen miners with nothing left to loose poured out of the room, spewing hot lead into the broken line. Shouting and gunfire filled the mine entrance, but the gods were on the side of the miners today. The Knightframe pilot, a low-level noble born brat, had been outside of his suit and on the front line at the time of the explosion, conversing with the commanding officer no doubt. Now with a leg missing from the knee down, he tried to crawl towards the Sutherland he had been sent with, something Sugi managed to notice in the chaos. With the ferocity of a mountain lion, she roared and charged the crippled pilot, slamming him in the back of the head with the stock of her shotgun before rushing past him to the mech. The poor Britannians didn't notice that she had climbed into the cockpit until it was far to late...

Last edited by EmmaRae; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:10 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 743
UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord
Gonna throw some basic background knowledge of the setting factions in here for people who are interested in the game, but don't overly know Code Geas lore (or possibly much at all). Specifically the kind of info that can bulk up a character bio. There are some background spoilers, but I'm avoiding season 2 information like the plague.

Hope that's helpful to someone. If not, then it was just an exercise in reminding myself about Code Geas lore before I could apply

Last edited by UnderDarkLord; 07-29-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:52 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1740
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
I feel like I've waited ages for this day. I'm so excited to begin! And yes... at the last moment I decided to go with Britannia. Thought it would be more fun to play a hopeless idealist, maybe trying to change Britannia for the better from within if he finds flaws with it.

Last edited by Crimson; 07-29-2020 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Forgot the background. Doh!
Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 AM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDarkLord View Post
Gonna throw some basic background knowledge of the setting factions in here for people who are interested in the game, but don't overly know Code Geas lore (or possibly much at all). Specifically the kind of info that can bulk up a character bio. There are some background spoilers, but I'm avoiding season 2 information like the plague.

Hope that's helpful to someone. If not, then it was just an exercise in reminding myself about Code Geas lore before I could apply
Nice write-up! It was tricky to figure out how much or how little to put in my setting detail, in case applicants started watching the show in the meantime.

The only thing I'll add is to contextualise that conquest date. The series is set in THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE ... of 2017-18. So Japan has been under Britannian control for nearly 8 years at the beginning of this campaign.

Also, just going to put this out into the ether for you all to chew on. With all the international superpowers and territories changing hands either through conquest or aggressive diplomacy, one nation remains independent the entire time. That nation? Australia.

Fellow Aussies, represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I feel like I've waited ages for this day. I'm so excited to begin! And yes... at the last moment I decided to go with Britannia. Thought it would be more fun to play a hopeless idealist, maybe trying to change Britannia for the better from within if he finds flaws with it.
I've always loved my hopeless idealists, and this is the perfect setting for them to agonise over.

Edit: Also, can you clarify your Background tag? I'm presuming Hacker but need to stated clearly.

Last edited by HotsuSama; 07-29-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:43 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1740
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Fixed the Background tag. Hacker was plain as day in my original write up, but somehow got lost in the editing process, ironically.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 743
UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord
This is tough. I'd probably like to play Britannia for the chance to see the conflict from the other side, but reading through the mechs I like the designs and tech available to the Zero Ronin a LOT more. You weren't kidding about their battlefield control/agility emphasis. Though Northstar basically has the perfect mech to represent one of the Glaston Knights' Gloucester's (the Nelson), so choosing that company for Britannia made perfect sense.

Agh. Why did you have to make this such a struggle!!??
Old 07-29-2020, 03:10 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10316
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
You had me at Mechs I'll pitch in with a Britannian Noble.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:51 PM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDarkLord View Post
This is tough. I'd probably like to play Britannia for the chance to see the conflict from the other side, but reading through the mechs I like the designs and tech available to the Zero Ronin a LOT more. You weren't kidding about their battlefield control/agility emphasis. Though Northstar basically has the perfect mech to represent one of the Glaston Knights' Gloucester's (the Nelson), so choosing that company for Britannia made perfect sense.

Agh. Why did you have to make this such a struggle!!??
Because war is hell.

Don't overlook the Harrison mechs either. They're not exceptionally quick but if you want battlefield control the Tokugawa has an insane field of influence once it overclocks, and Iskander's thing is mines. And yeah, I had the same thought that half the Northstar designs are basically Britannian style by default.