Game Thread Foggy King in Faux Jeans - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Scavenger Hunt > 2024
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2024, 01:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8241
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Davo Gobham- Striker for Foggy King in Faux Jeans
right-aligned image

As the Dino roars off Davos roars in sure his skulling skills will make him the best at handling the golden egg. As hes about to scramble back out to victory there is a ear cracking blast of sound and terrible sizzle from the metal cage. Desparate to get out uncooked Davos fumbles as he passes through the gate and time seems to slow down as the golden egg goes whisking through the air. Davos can feel himself turning white as the eggnormity of the disaster unfolds before his eyes and the egg lands and cracks open. Davos is lost for words, all their plans scrambled, his enthusiasm deflated so its as flat as a pancake.

Cheffy comes over and drags a finger through the mess "Shame abo't egg and shame its not brekkie time"

Cheffy's philosophical outlook beats Davos out of his tart thoughts and he looks back to where the Gnome headed off before sharing a knowing look with Skreex.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Old Jun 17th, 2024, 05:23 PM
Stolen drinks taste best

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41642
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Crackle! Sizzle! Danger! This was the most fun she's had in years! Dodging the lightning around the cage, Skreex's glee at surviving turned to horror as the egg sailed through the air like one of Davos' skulls, only to hit the ground most unlike his skulls. Any other goblin would have had some strong words to say to Davos for failing the goblin queen, but this was the Foggy King in Faux Jeans group, and goblins stuck together!

Turning to look up the hill, Skreex said confidently, "It's alright, Davos. The big great wide open just wants us to go up their and bash in some gnome skulls. Getting an egg from Donna would have been too easy!" She started charging up the hill after Donna. "Gnome...bound...to...leave...cart!" Whew, this was easier on warg back! "Eggs for taking. ALL OF THEM!"
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 04:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
right-aligned image

They had outsmarted a Gnome once already so the second time should be even easier and Davos and Cheffy followed in Skreex's wake.

Luckily Donna had all the attention so Davos was hopeful they would get their players around the Gnome defenders and have an unprotected skullnet. "SKKUUUULLLLL GOOOOAAAALLLL" was all he could think of as he gained on Skreex.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 01:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9999
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
A Friend in Need
left-aligned image
Our three Gobos’ hair stood on end from the electric charge that thankfully didn’t fry ‘em to a crisp! At least they looked fashionable as they huffed and puffed up the yellow-brick road following in the wake of one very large and very upset T-Rexy! The remains of a cracked golden egg lay behind them against Donna’s very electrified, but now very unlocked cage. It was artfully cooked to a perfect sunny side up. Bon Appetit!

The sound of a particularly rambunctious Donna taking out her vengeance on The Society began overpowering the gnomish air raid siren when the Foggy King in Faux Jeans crew was almost all of the way back up the path. Were those gleeful roars they heard? It definitely sounded that way amidst the now suddenly air-raid-siren-less chaos that ensued just over the next rise. But before the Gobs topped that rise, something stood out.

A recently cracked golden egg lay at the side of the yellow-brick road. This brought further attention to what appeared to be the tracks of a wagon that had hastily left the road for another path that looked to lead behind the ugly pink and yellow Society cottage. In fact, looking through the trees one could just make out a large metal contraption with something like steam puffing up into the sky. And if one really listened carefully, one could just make out a few words that were being shouted from the opposite side of said contraption.

"Listen ‘er ya dumb old... No, I said… This is the last egg…"

And a few more.

"So, you want to ride this here… Now the powering… a bit The voice sounded familiar, but there was an edge to it that wasn't there before. It sounded scared.peculiar…"

And a few more choice ones.

"Shut up before… the Zap!... Don’t care who your waiting for!…"

OOCA choice must be made. One direction leads toward the ugly pink and yellow society cottage while the other leads toward the voices. There is a possibility that if the crew doesn't head toward the cottage, then any T-Rexy eggs that were inside may get damaged beyond gathering from more of Donna’s fury. However, there is also the possibility that something bad might happen to the older voice without the crew’s immediate intervention.

Consider making a quick post to nudge me toward either direction - or something else entirely! - and I’ll move the Gobs forward to more action!
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 09:44 PM
Stolen drinks taste best

Tools
User Statistics
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Skreex
Skreex screeched to a halt. She wanted to cheer on Donna, who was sounding very gleeful in her revenge, but it was another cracked egg! They're killing their t-rexxies! At this rate, we'll never get one!

"Go! Train! Last egg! Cannot fail queen!" Skreex commanded as queen-like as possible, before huffing and puffing down the path to the train herself. The gnome was trying to train-knap their egg! If the gnomes were going to treat Donna's eggs like this, then it was better off in the hands of goblins!
Old Jul 5th, 2024, 02:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Davos dithered for a bit unsure whether to rush ahead or dodge left but Skreex decided for them. As much as he wanted to see Donna in action this Gobbo was a team player and off they went to what looked the odd device they road up in.

Old Jul 14th, 2024, 01:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9999
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Ride the Lighting!Skreex was the first down the forest path less traveled, with the fleet-of-foot Davos and the always enigmatic Cheffy on ‘er heels. The crew raced past unusually large pinecones that were the size of warg balls… or hoofballs for that matter. Strange trees in these parts. Finally, our three heroes approached the clearing with the voices, pushing a few overly large pine cones out of the way from where they stood. A terrible scene unfolded before them.

The three gobs stood at the edge of a small forest clearing. On the opposite side of them - puffing away - was Barry’s funicular in all of its majestic splendor. Unfortunately, Barry stood in front of the metal contraption with a noticeable tremor going through him. The poor gob was facing that same gnome that had so artfully evaded the Foggy King in Foux Jeans crew earlier. The Society member was standing upright, one hand holding a large golden T-Rexy egg and the other holding a red gnomish gun. The weapon spewed out a batch of electricity every now and then - apparently ready to burst - as the gnome’s finger rested against its trigger. It was pointed at Barry.

From the crew’s angle, the engine car was just about the size of one of the warg ball goal nets that Davos had very enthusiastically but mediocrely shot into year after year back home. In fact, the standoff before them was just under 12 yards away, which was almost the exact same distance as a warg ball penalty kick, with Barry standing in the left corner and the gnome standing in the right corner of the funicular “warg goal net”.

The standoff in the clearing before the three Gobs was getting tense.

"So I says again, and this’ll be the last time, ya old codger! Open up this ‘ere funicular and take me and m’ egg down the mountain!" the gnome barked out.

The bearded goblin was very noticeably trembling now. He licked his lips. "I.. Uuuh… I…"

And then something changed as if he'd made a decision. Barry stopped trembling and slowly stood up to his maximum height, even going so far as to take out the pipe that was always in his mouth to better stare down the army-fatigue-wearing gnome before him.

"I said it before and I’ll say it again you gnomish good-for-nothing, ne’er-do-wells…" Barry’s voice grew louder, prouder, and more distinct as he carried on. "...lazybones, panhandling, no-goodniks-slacker that I can’t believe ever was part of the so called Dinosaur Human Society!" He said the last three words with a particularly impressive use of venom and Goblin disdain.

"Do what you want to me, but I’ll never leave my fellow Gob’s on this mountain, which means you'll only ride this ‘er funicular over My. Dead. Body."

Barry stood proud for a moment before heroically throwing his pipe back into his mouth, clamping down on it, and staring daggers at his foe.

The Society member only hesitated a moment before a cruel smile slowly spread across his face. "If that’s the way ya wants it…" The gnome’s voice was rising to almost match Barry’s in volume now."...then there’s nothing more for ya than to get the Zap!"

The electricity started gathering at the end of the red gnomish weapon. The gnome carefully placed the egg down on the ground beside him to better grasp the strange gun with both hands, leveling it at Barry.

"Ride the lighting! Ya old Goblin codger!".

OOCWhat to do? How will our Gobs respond? It appears that unless something happens quickly to stop the Zap!, that Barry will most definitely ride the lightning. But how could anything happen to stop it except for a ranged attack of some sort?

Whatever you decide, please make the rolls that make the most sense for your actions (e.g., Gob smarts, farts, etc.) within our OOC thread and post accordingly! Note that any actions matching your Gob Fabs! are automatic successes!

In addition, a perceptive glance between the wheels of the funicular reveals a pride cat crouching within the metal contraption's shadow. Its eyes appear to be focused on the golden T-Rex egg.

Last edited by Leviticus; Jul 16th, 2024 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typos
Old Jul 17th, 2024, 09:54 PM
Stolen drinks taste best

Tools
User Statistics
Skreex
What odd trees they had in these parts. Pointy too. If Davos hit the gnome, it would make the gnome squawk! "Show them your enthusiasm, Davos!" Skreex cheered as loudly as she could. In case his Abs got in the way of his Smarts. The gnome just put the egg down! Time to act! If the egg was to get smashed now, the Queen would be most displeased. "For the Queen!"

She squinted. What was that under the funicular? A pride cat? The one that she threw the crayon at only a short time ago? It must be thinking of the egg as a ball. Or lunch. It was bright and shiny like it's stick. What did Barry say? It could have been a pride of odd shaped wargs? Well, she knew wargs! They liked to play fetch!

Putting two fingers together, she placed them against her teeth and blew her patented Skreex Warg Call. "Pride cat, FETCH!" Skreex said, pointing at the egg.

Cheffy
Cheffy's instincts kick in and before they even emerge from the undergrowth he has two hand fulls of pinecones. He tosses them into the air in turn, quickly munching them down into spittle covered pine bullets. Who knows where he learnt this skill but being able to inhale through his nose and exhale through his mouth at the same time he turns himself into a spittle bullet spitting ma-cheffy gun.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; Jul 18th, 2024 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2024, 10:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

There was a shiver, it could have been a breeze OR it could have been the hand of Density. Davos wasn't sure but afterwards he would spit on it that it was Density - a might fine set of Gobbos they are too, see there's more than one and not that lightweight destiny folks yap about because this was Heavy.

As the scene unveiled itself its like everything went into slow motion for Davos, not the usual slowness he was accustomed to.

He looked to his team mates "G-------E-------T" and there it was, a pinecone perfectly positioned 3 strides away, 3 Davos strides!

"T--------H--------E" set up exactly for his favourite kicking leg in a near straight line but with a little angle to account for that spin he always put on his kick.

"E-------G-------G" as his final stride swings through into a kick.

It connects perfectly and sails through the air in a perfect trajectory all eyes on it awed by its perfection, gasping as the sun gets in their eyes. The background roar of Donna sounding like a stadium full of Dino fans. The seconds ticking down to the end of the game and this is it the winning kick of the game, the season of all HISTORY. This is DENSITY.

Davos opens his eyes wondering if his coaches visualisation techniques actually work.

Action
Gobbo Fabs - Sporty mediocrity. Kick pinecone(s) at Gnome to stop the shot.

Last edited by psuedenim; Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:47 PM.