twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Your Local Cryptid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9075
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangul View Post
My first time doing a farm simulator type as an RPG. I have played farm simulator on PC and PS4.
Oooh! I just got Farm Simulator for my PC! I haven't cracked it open yet cuz I have been distracted, but I have seen enough gameplay to know I am gonna sink some time into it when I finally do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Nice to see you again too!

Thanks! I try to make interesting characters. This one just seemed to speak to me. If selected, he'll be able to make sure the fields are watered, and probably also be the guy to drive the wagon of harvests to town so we can sell them since he's also got vehicle driving proficiency. I just realized I can play him off as being dedicated to work since he'll probably be found 'monitoring' the water supply... by taking naps in it.

Sounds like your character is going to be quite interesting too! Look forward to the interactions!
I am a big fan of him being in charge of the irrigation on the farm! Just thinking about him dozing along the river bend just fills me with so much joy. He definitely needs to acquire ye olden straw hat at some point.

And thank you!! I am pretty excited about him! He's going to be hilariously incompetant, or so I hope!
Old Jul 24th, 2022, 09:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Hi everyone!

Because we have so many wonderful applications, and it looks like @Mindseige and @Verdant Glitter will be applying too, I'm going to draw a magical line here with the ancient ruler of Fozzos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't expressed interest or started/completed an application above, prior to the magic line, then please contact me before applying. I'm really happy with everything everyone has brought to the table so far, and I think that, plus potentially two more applications, is plenty to keep me busy, and most certainly enough to work with

Doing this now means that I'll be able to use the next week (traveling) to do a bit of scheming and setup.
Old Jul 24th, 2022, 10:28 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9659
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangemund View Post
I am a big fan of him being in charge of the irrigation on the farm! Just thinking about him dozing along the river bend just fills me with so much joy. He definitely needs to acquire ye olden straw hat at some point.
Oh I intend on him having the straw hat and one long straw to chew on while he's lazing about.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 03:45 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2323
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
I'm also not very familiar with 5e. I've been a Pathfinder person since like 2009. However, I do have hero lab and that's helped me grok the mechanical bits and bobs.

I'm sure there are better versed players here, so I'll only add that I don't see any mouse-type folk among the roster of races as opposed to PF's ysoki/ratfolk, but I think there's a custom race thing. *shrug*

Either way, hallo!
Hello! Funnily, the mouse was made for a custom tabletop setting/system, but I did use her in Starfinder and a lot of the art I've had of her is sci-fi (or setting-neutral) despite originally being gaslamp fantasy! Fun system, doesn't seem too popular tho', alas! And I'd forgotten about Hero Lab, I bought it ages ago and I think I used it for either Champions or Mutants & Masterminds or something, I suppose I should re-DL it and see about finangling a sheet for 5E!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmyto View Post
The main question would be what would you like to achieve? Would it just be for flavour or would you like some abilities to be tied to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mg View Post
Hi Verdant Glitter! I don't think being unfamiliar with 5e is a problem at all. We can all help each other along the way and see where this experiment takes us As far as D&D goes, I feel like 5e is mechanically the easiest and pretty pbp friendly. @hitmyto's advice is spot on. There are quite a few ways you might be able to flavor up a mouse folk. Tasha's custom lineages might be the easiest way, but if there is another race (goblin etc as suggested already), that you want to re-skin, that should be fine!.
Also hello! Mostly it's for the aesthetics - Don't need any abilities tied to it (aside from anything craft-y and social, of course), I just like the non-humany sorts of races! :3 Plus I haven't played my mouse in a hot minute! Build-wise, she's usually all crafting skills and 'face' skills (social skills, connects, etc) - Philanthropic aristocrat super keen on mechanical stuff and being a tiny lil' sweety with uh, ample charm and engineering know-how. I think the Tasha custom lineage thing might the best bet if I get picked for the game, I like things to be relatively simple and not-complex, hahah. Thank you for the advice and suggestion! I'll see about whipping up a letter post in the next day or so.

Edited because My Time at Portia/Sandrock was mentioned, and yes both games are utterly delightful and charming!

Last edited by Verdant Glitter; Jul 25th, 2022 at 03:46 AM.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Your Local Cryptid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9075
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
How tall is she gonna be, Verdant Glitter? Average mouse-size? Or Kobold-size? Either way, the art of her is incredibly cute!!
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 337
Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
Build-wise, she's usually all crafting skills and 'face' skills (social skills, connects, etc)
The artificer class in D&D doesn't have much in the way of face skills, plenty of tool proficiencies, though. If you take the custom lineage you'll get a feat at level 1, maybe you could take a look at Skill Expert or Skilled. The first will give you +1 ability score, +1 skill proficency and an expertise. Skilled will give you 3 skill proficiencies. Including 2 skills of you background will give you plenty opportunity to invest in the right skills.

If you need any help in converting to D&D 5e, just give a shout.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 11:51 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangemund View Post
How tall is she gonna be, Verdant Glitter? Average mouse-size? Or Kobold-size? Either way, the art of her is incredibly cute!!
She's about 3'6! Which apparently is taller than a kobold? I thought they were about that height, strange! And thank you, the avatar is a chibi drawing of her that is indeed very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmyto View Post
The artificer class in D&D doesn't have much in the way of face skills, plenty of tool proficiencies, though. If you take the custom lineage you'll get a feat at level 1, maybe you could take a look at Skill Expert or Skilled. The first will give you +1 ability score, +1 skill proficency and an expertise. Skilled will give you 3 skill proficiencies. Including 2 skills of you background will give you plenty opportunity to invest in the right skills.

If you need any help in converting to D&D 5e, just give a shout.
I was eyeing that Skilled one, having a good chunk of proficiency is nice, particularly to tagged into But racially, I'd think mice would be either Alert or Mobile, hahah. Skill Expert could also be nice for that ability score, though. Decisions, decisions!
Old Jul 26th, 2022, 12:31 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9659
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
She's about 3'6! Which apparently is taller than a kobold? I thought they were about that height, strange! And thank you, the avatar is a chibi drawing of her that is indeed very cute!
I looked at it, and apparently in 5e Kobolds range between 2'6" and 3'6".
Old Jul 26th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 117
crowmadillo crowmadillo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mg View Post
Hi everyone!

Because we have so many wonderful applications, and it looks like @Mindseige and @Verdant Glitter will be applying too, I'm going to draw a magical line here with the ancient ruler of Fozzos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't expressed interest or started/completed an application above, prior to the magic line, then please contact me before applying. I'm really happy with everything everyone has brought to the table so far, and I think that, plus potentially two more applications, is plenty to keep me busy, and most certainly enough to work with

Doing this now means that I'll be able to use the next week (traveling) to do a bit of scheming and setup.
Well darn. Yall have fun and Ill keep an eye open for any re-recruitments down the road
Old Jul 26th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4557
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
I was hoping this would still be open past selections in another game but I get it. You snooze, you lose.
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 04:13 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I looked at it, and apparently in 5e Kobolds range between 2'6" and 3'6".
Oh, that's odd, I found 2' to 2'6! Maybe I pulled up the wrong edition or a particular campaign setting? I always figured kobolds to be in the 3' range - 2'6 is still super tiny! I mean I know kobolds are more for traps and numbers, but phew!

@97mg
I have mmmost of my letter post typed up in a text document but then it occurred to me I should ask about some of the things I put in here, hahah - Are automaton servants, clock towers, potentially airships and/or primitive (or complex?) firearms a thing? Can we whip up cities/institutes/events/et cetera, for character background flavoring? Don't want to overstep boundaries or anything!
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 07:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Quote:
@97mg
I have mmmost of my letter post typed up in a text document but then it occurred to me I should ask about some of the things I put in here, hahah - Are automaton servants, clock towers, potentially airships and/or primitive (or complex?) firearms a thing? Can we whip up cities/institutes/events/et cetera, for character background flavoring? Don't want to overstep boundaries or anything!
Oh, outside of the farm's locality, it is pretty much open slather if you needed some things for your background and homeland. I think automations, warforged, hot air balloons etc should be fine! Firearms probably exist, but are extremely rare... if that helps. Making up a city or institute etc is all good, go for it!
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10230
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Application letter
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Imelda Adelmi
Lot 441, Birgglewook Lane
East of Neversummer City
The Unremembered Realm

Hello Dear Miss Lady Madam Imelda,

My name is Usu, of clan Si-Si, and I very much would like to apply for paid relocation and a position at your up-and-coming Fraillie Farm! I've been meaning to get away from the big city life for a while now, and reinstatement of your lovely-sounding patch of land with board and lodging sounds tantalizingly precious!

I am a very capable catfolk and have been dabbling in various mercantile ventures all my life, and everybody that I've ever worked with has told me that I am very great to work with! I think that I will be very helpful around your farm, and if you need a crafty catfolk with roguish good looks and lots of cheerful witticisms, I could fill your empty roles as a salesperson or even as middle-management with ease! What I'm really applying for though is that aside from your farm, your advert letter included mention of a small mine with uncontested ownership on your property!

My greatest passion since I've been a little kitten has always been gems, gleaming metals and all bold, decadent, shiny minerals! I've been apprenticing the last few years under the renowned jewels peddler Master Adrien, and if your mine needs a prospector or a catfolk with an eye for value, then I see a great possibility that I can be your lucky find that might get us through the winter by ever vigilantly unearthing the greatest treasures and putting them into the best possible light to sell them and make your farm lots of gold!! (if we need the gold and don't want to keep our finds as decoration)

I've decided that life in the city is just way too hectic, because if you always have to be about making more gold, there's never really enough time to look at what you already have and to really appreciate it. But as a peddler or worker, I just can't rest my paws! I want to do a job that I love, and I want to keep doing it! But I also want to have a place to go back to at the end of a work day and not feel like I've left any gold lying on the ground. That's why I think the country life would just be the best for me, and I would love for you to pretty please hire me! I already have a pickaxe and equipment for working with jewellery, so your return investment for financing my journey into the countryside will hopefully pay as soon as you let me into your mine and give me some time to drag all the riches topside! And if it's not that rich of a mine, I can still help you around the farm. Because I'm very capable anyways and I'm ready for the country life!!

Please hire me!
Usu (I'm really good at what I do!)

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jul 27th, 2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2022, 06:15 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10230
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Ah yes, to avoid any confusion, Usu is using the rogue class for his character sheet and his catfolk race is a custom lineage with a feat.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jul 27th, 2022 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 04:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
A Letter Arrives!
right-aligned image
Imelda Adelmi
Lot 441, Birgglewook Lane
East of Neversummer City
The Unremembered Realm

Felicitations and the kindest of greetings from the House of Ch'tall! While you may have heard of my family, or myself in particular, it would be terribly impolite to leave such things to assumption, so allow me to more formally introduce myself - My name is Mirabelle Ch'tall, and it is a delight to make your acquaintance even through so impersonal a fashion as letters! I am writing to you in response to your request for aid with your agricultural property; first and foremost, my sincerest condolences on the passing of your grandfather - It can be a trying time to lose family, estranged or otherwise, and I do hope this letter finds you in good spirits in that regard. Secondly, the nature of this letter is to express interest in the managing of said property!

If you are familiar with my family's station in the Gilded City, you may wonder what a mousefolk aristocrat's interest might be regarding your inheritance, and considering some noble houses of the land you may even be leery to have caught any such attention - But, if you are familiar with my family's name, or indeed my own charitable proclivities, you are likely to know of our (and, namely, my) philanthropic nature: Rest assured, the interest is far from nefarious! My family's fortune was built upon geared constructions and mechanical wonders - From clock towers to pocket timepieces, wind-up toys to automaton steeds, even some of the intricacies of zeppelins and airships - and, as they say, necessity is the mother of invention: Without experiencing the toil and labor (to at least some degree) of agrarian life, how else can one craft those things that will make such a life less laborious and more fruitful, to benefit both the farmer and those he supplies? I cannot, of course, promise any miraculous device to be devised in short order, if at all, but I can certainly make the attempt (and I'm very certain that I can indeed build something of interest and relevance, hopefully without such undue cost in parts as to make it non-viable for your average farmer!)

Regarding my qualifications, I will freely admit that cultivation activities are not one I am exceptionally familiar with; however, I did graduate at the top of my class from the University of Terminus for Engineering, and spent the entirety of my life assisting my father in the craft. I do not doubt that some degree of maintenance is required for any machinery or implements needed for the smooth running of such a business, not to mention architectural designs for housing (or other) expansion - If you have a windmill, a waterwheel, or the like, or would desire such things (or even something more intricate!) for the property, designing and personally overseeing the construction of such would be proverbial child's play. As an aside, I will gladly attest to also being quite the socialite; I'd be remiss to suggest I have the political clout or societal sway to influence anyone or anything, but there is generally a very good chance that if I do not know someone, I know someone who does, and rest assured, dear, networking is very important in any expanding business!

It is important to note that while I would be bringing some valuable tools and personal accoutrements, should you so desire my aid, the financials and influence of my family would not be immediately available or applicable beyond what I myself might be able to provide; the Ch'talls pride themselves on self-sustainability in their personal ventures.

Should you desire to bring me aboard your venture, or wish to pose any questions before deciding, then do please send a return letter via my delivering courier and I shall come, or respond, immediately upon its recipience!

Warmest regards and looking forward to your reply,

Lady Mirabelle Ch'tall
Closed Thread