Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Village Survival
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 10th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn was not only glad to get back on the surface, but they were able to go back home. They came across a few magic items that were useful. Once they dived up the treasure, she said her goodbyes to the dwarves, then sticking with her new friends for awhile. "Well, I guess I'll see you all again tomorrow, I'm going home for the night, let my mother know that I am fine. She not doubt is worrying about me. I'm glad everything went well this time." She waved at the others and she started walking, then stopped, turned to the others with a smile, her form shivering, changing, then a moment later, instead of half-elven woman, there was a female dog, she barked once, then took off for home.

Once home, she told her mother everthing and her mother was shocked and concerned for her daughter's safety, but realized that her daughter has changed, grown up and not so shy anymore. That night, Autumn prayed to her goddess, giving thanks. When she got into bed, she felt different, new spells entered her mind, and she smiled when she went to sleep.

Autuamn's stats

Old Jul 11th, 2022, 04:05 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8660
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere

Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
Bran had been somewhat surprised that the miners had so willingly once again taken on some of the leeches but it had certainly made negotiations easier. ”Please do not cloud their minds… allow them to be who they are…” Bran asked of the leeches when it became clear that they would be staying on the miners. ”We will return regularly I would like to talk more about your kind when we have more time…” Bran added with a look of curiosity.

Bran then addressed the miners themselves. ”If you need anything let Tomas know and he should be able to reach us or Dame Kriea in the village.” Bran then declared.

Once the chest was brought out Bran huddled up with the rest of the group just outside the mine. ”This armour looks light enough that it should not interfere with my spell casting and these slippers are fascinating…” Bran exclaimed as he held up the slippers in to the air. ”If you do not mind I will take these for now to err… study…” Bran declared though their was a childlike look of excitement in the young gnomes eyes. ”We can always share them round later…” Bran then offered.

”This armour looks really good…” Bran then declared tapping the Dwarven chainmail with his staff. ”It is made of Adamantine, it should resist most mundane weapons. It will provide whoever wears it a lot of protection.” Bran added glancing between Gavin and Ash.

The group then headed back to the village.

The first stop in the village was Ofcourse Dame Kriea’s manor to make their report. Bran once again waited patiently for their group to either be admitted or for the Dame to be summoned.

Once they were in the woman’s presence Bran then made his report though in a much less rushed manner then Ash. ”As Mister Farrin has indicated the mines are now secure and back in operation and now seemingly have access to rare metals such as adamantine and mithril” the gnome began before glancing at Ash who seemed eager to leave.

”If you like Mister Farrin I can give the rest of the report…I know you took the longest shift watching the mine last night…” Bran offered. ”Rest well but once you are rested I hope you will join me in looking for the Weaver men…” Bran then offered with a slightly wide eyed puppy dog look.

”The same goes for the rest of you, if you need to get to your beds or your families I am happy to finish off here…” Bran offered before turning back to the Dame.

”Ummm sorry about that…” Bran then declared running a hand through his curly hair.

”Where was I? Oh yes we have also entered in to an agreement of sorts with a colony of intelligent leaches that possess telepathic powers. They have diverted a nest of giant spiders away from the mine and have agreed not to feed on any of the villagers without permission. Which they claim is a harmless act” Bran began. ”The miners by their own volition have agreed to carry a few of these leeches each.” Bran added. ”While the leeches seem true to their word I feel it is a situation we will need to regularly check up on…” Bran suggested.

”What however I am more concerned about is something the leeches revealed… they are battling something to the west that based on their descriptions sounds rather like demons or people with demonic ancestry..” Bran revealed with a look of concern. ”The source of the abomination rats was a portal to a demonic plane… I fear there may be more open portals and close…” Bran revealed.

OoC-Laying a claim on the spidersilk padded armour and the slippers of spiderclimb
Old Jul 13th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21535
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
End of the Beginning
As you rest and return to your homes you note that the village walls are nearly complete. A wooden palisade wraps around your village where, previously, the knowledge of Lord Valeson was enough to keep most bandits away. There has been no news of Lord Valeson, his wife, or even the rest of the kingdom. What you do get, from the message stone, of the other group is that the town of Silverlake is gone making Mistvale and Misty Mourn the largest settlements in the valley.

For now, things are quiet, but you know there are bandits out in the woods and the rumors from the Leeches suggest that demons and devil spawn may be out there as well. Your two villages are an your own, and like to be for a long time, in this new world and the fall harvest is coming soon.

Old Jul 13th, 2022, 07:48 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8660
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere

Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
With his report to Dame Kreia given in as much detail as Bran thought was necessary and as much as the Dame was willing to hear Bran eventually made his own exit and headed home aswell. There was certainly still alot to do in the village or for the village and while Bran was mentally ticking it all off he also considered what there was to at home. The walk across the village did not take too long though the decreased length of Bran's legs certainly made it take longer than it once had.

Reaching the simple dwelling that was much like dozens of others in the village Bran lightly tapped on the door with his staff before pushing the door open and heading inside. "It's only me..." Bran called out in greeting as he stepped in to the small kitchen. "I would have been home sooner but the village has been keeping me busy!" Bran called out though he made no mention of what exactly he had been doing. Heading inside Bran found his mother Magda in bed as usual and his sister sitting at her side had likewise fallen asleep in a small wooden chair though it currently looked massive when compared to the diminutive girl. Sara much like Bran had begun to shrink and now sported rich orange hair and a face full of freckles, rather curiously however Magda Bran's mother had not changed at all.

Frowning slightly Bran pointed in to the room and a small blanket floated over and wrapped itself around the young gnomish girl, a number of used cups and plates then floated up in to the air and followed Bran out of the room. The tableware then landed in a small wooden bowl in the kitchen however rather than wash them Bran pointed at them and muttered a few arcane words and in a few moments they were sparkling clean. Making his way over to the stone oven Bran then clicked his fingers and a small fire instantly burst to life. A cupboard door then swung open and a number of vegetables and a couple of knives floated over to a counter top. The knives then began to chop up the vegetables before the vegetables threw themselves in to a metal pot. Soon enough Bran then had a hearty stew on the go.

Wandering over to the door Bran began to lightly trace shapes on to the floor with the base of his new staff as he began muttering to himself. Staring out of the door Bran then watched as the garden began to weed itself and an old watering can began to hover round the garden. Soon enough potatoes and carrots were digging themselves up and floating in to the kitchen...

Not quite a wizard's tower
right-aligned image
After waking his family up for a quick meal Bran then headed back outside and to the rickety old shed that stood there. Already the shed had begun to miraculously repair itself but Bran now turned his direct attention to it and split boards suddenly reformed as rusted hinges returned to their old strength. Bran then headed in side as the gardening tools organised themselves in to one corner leaving the majority of the shed empty. Bran then pointed and his faithful chest that had been following him around set itself down at one end of the shed. Soon enough a collection of old books (that had once been Bran's grandfather's floated in to the shed from the house and began arranging themselves on an empty shelf. A wooden chair then floated in and Bran took a seat as he pulled out his spell book and a quill. Reading through his notes Bran began to add details to it due to what he had encountered over the last few days such as the banishment ritual and the details on the magical creatures and spells that he had encountered. Bran felt that he had a good grasp on the concept of a couple of the spells but he knew he would have to experiment a little to be absolutely certain.

After a number of hours locked inside his shed Bran emerged and quickly rushed out of his garden and in the direction of the inn. "Miss Daphne, Miss Daphne...You let Mister Neville use a brass pan didn't you?" Bran declared excitedly. "Would you let me use it just like he did?" Bran then questioned. "I promise you I wont damage it, infact I know how to repair it if I do...infact I could repair any damaged pans that you might have..." Bran offered getting a little carried away.

With then pan secured the young gnome then hurried about the village collecting the other items he would need, the charcoal was simple enough they had brought some back from the manor after all and there was always Ash aswell and Bran knew those that grew herbs in the village and infact grew a few of the more common ones himself.

With all the items for the ritual gathered Bran then returned to his garden, rather then head inside the flammable wooden shed Bran found and out of the way spot just beyond his garden as he carefully began to draw out runes on the floor while reciting arcane words of power. Soon enough the brass pan had the coal, the herbs and the incense in it and the ritual was well under way.

When the ritual was complete there was a sudden puff of smoke that briefly blinded Bran and caused him to cough however once the smoke cleared Bran was staring face to face with a small fuzzy creature that stared at the gnome with wide curious eyes.

"Oh great master of the arcane arts you summoned me? I am your eternal servant" the tiny ball of fluff seemed to say though no words came out of it's beak.

"Your a little younger than I expected after so long..." the owl then declared cocking it's head to the side.

OoC-Unseen servant to do chores
-Prestigidatation for instant cleaning
-Multicasting unseen servant to have a team working on the garden, mending to fix the shed.

-Researching Protection from Good and Evil, Find Familiar and Identify (150GP)
-Then casting Find familiar
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6048
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Gavin

Gavin is as surprised as Bran when the miners volunteer to be hosts for multiple leeches each, but he also finds it encouraging. It's a good sign that they are willing to take them on after having been unknowing hosts before. It makes him think that there are no long lasting harmful effects. Still, like Bran, he feels it is a good idea for the miners to be checked on regularly. The battle in the distance that the leeches take the spiders to is concerning, but there is nothing to be done about it just yet. There is too much that needs to be done at home to get ready for the winter. Maybe, once the harvest is in, they will be able to lend their aid to the dwarves. Looking through the special items they found, Gavin picks up the Dwarven chainmail. Master Ardin said he would make a breastplate for me, but I think this armor will be a better fit. He removes the chain shirt he is wearing and slides the new chainmail over his head, having to wiggle about a good bit to get it to slide over his arms and fall into place.

Gavin remains quiet while Bran gives his report to Dame Kreia. The Gnome is thorough in his report and Gavin finds he has nothing to add. After their report is given they each go their separate ways for the night. Gavin heads home to the tannery just in time to enjoy the evening meal with his parents. He tells them he has a new friend who may have some ideas of how to use the carcass of the hellhound for various things and that he will see if Bran can stop by tomorrow before they head off on whatever task Dame Kreia gives them next.

After telling his parents about his adventures with the monster rats and the demon woman, as well as the treaty they negotiated with the leeches, he gives them both a hug and heads off to bed. That night he has a dream where he is visited by the great dragon Bahamut. The dragon's huge eyes stare into his own, seemingly seeing into his very soul. He has the feeling of being tested or judged and the dream is so real he can feel the dragon's warm breath flowing over him. After what feels like forever, Bahamut smiles and the intensity of the great beast's gaze decreases so that it feels like he is simply looking at Gavin instead of into his innermost self. Then Bahamut speaks, his voice seeming to appear directly into Gavin's mind.
His voice is deep and rich. If Gavin were asked to describe it he would call it fatherly. "You are a work in progress, young Gavin, but you will do. Choose your path when you awaken and swear your oath to me."

Gavin wakes up with the dawn, the dream still clear in his mind. He feels invigorated and strong and he feels the words he needs to speak in his mind. He is excited to give his oath to the great dragon, but he wants to do it right. So he fixes breakfast for him self and his parents. Soon the house is full of the smell of bacon sizzling in the skillet and bread toasting over the fire. When his parents come to the kitchen he is ready to scoot the bacon to the side and crack half a dozen eggs into the skillet to fry in the bacon grease. Somehow, he manages to have everything ready at the same time, which is a minor miracle for him. He sits and eats with his parents, fairly vibrating with excitement. When they are finished he tells them he would like them to accompany him to the inn, only telling them that he needs to do something important and he would like them to be there. HIs father is reluctant at first, wanting to get started in the tannery, but his mother convinces him to come to the inn simply by taking his hand and smiling.

When they get to the inn Gavin will seek out any of his friends who are there and Dame Kreia as well. "Dame Kreia, I beg your indulgence. I was visited by Bahamut last night and it is time for me to take a sacred oath of service to him. I do not expect service will be easy and I would like to give my oath in front of many witnesses, so that if I fall short, there will be people to let me know."

Once everyone is gathered, and he has Dame Kreia's permission, Gavin kneels on the floor and turns his eyes to the sky. "Great Lord Bahamut, I swear this oath of devotion to you. I will endeavor to uphold these sacred tenets for all the days of my life. I will be honest in deed and speech. My word, once given, will be binding and I shall not break it. I will show courage in the face of danger. I do not mean to banish fear, for fear can be useful. I shall strive to overcome my fear and to not hesitate to act when action is required. I will show compassion to all others. I will aid those who are in need and offer them protection from harm. I will show mercy to my enemies, but it will be tempered by wisdom. If the only way to prevent more harm is by killing, then I will not hesitate to do so. I will behave honorably at all times. My actions will be an example to others. I will treat everyone fairly and I will do as much good in this world as I possibly can, while causing the least amount of harm. Finally, I will be dutiful. I will be responsible for my actions. I will protect those who are put into my care and I will obey those who have authority over me. Yet, this duty will also be tempered by wisdom. I will not obey an unjust law or order. Instead, I will seek to change such a law or order through all means available to me. I speak these words to you, Lord Bahamut, as my sacred oath. I am in your service until my final breath leaves my body."

His oath given, Gavin climbs to his feet and bows to Dame Kreia. "I thank you Dame Kreia, and everyone else who witnessed my oath. If any of you feel that I am not fulfilling my oath, either through deed or words, please bring your concerns to me. I promise to hear you out and consider what you say."

Gavin walks through the room, shaking hands with everyone who witnessed his oath. When he has given his thanks to everyone, he gets a mug of water and waits to hear what Dame Kreia would like them to do next.

Old Jul 15th, 2022, 04:19 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3660
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Ria Siannodel
right-aligned image

Ria returns to the village and listens as Bran reports to Dame Kreia. When Bran has finished she says "We have secured supplies of metals and charcoal now that the mine is operating. The smithy can begin to produce the tools we need for the harvest and I pledge that, before the harvest is ready, I will provide you with 20 suits of studded leather, 20 spears, 20 wooden shields and whatever sidearm you wish for the militia. I only need to know which sidarm you require and what design you would like placing on the shields. I had thought a white stag on a black background but I await your instructions."

Ria returns to the smithy and it is clear it is working hard. She is in the smithy 6 days a week, and the forge she works at is alight for 16 hours a day. One day a week, she takes her magic bag and visits the mine and Ash to collect metals and charcoal. She always spends an hour or two sat with Ash, and their relationship continues as before - he calls her 'Ardins' girl' and she blushes when he does. In the evenings, she spends time with Bran discussing the differences between their magics and trying to help him with his various projects, and always finds time to talk to Kaeleigh when they are both free. All of you find that she has changed from the girl you knew; she has become more confident and more sure of herself, but she keeps herself to herself working long hours in the forge where she seems to be truely at home. Young children begin to gather to watch her work as there is a flamboyance in her craft that is not seen when the other smiths work. She begins to practice with a range of weapons usually only used by warriors and shows herself able to best most men with any weapon: somehow she sees how to use the weapon in ways that others do not.

The products of her forge are as they have always been. Carefully crafted, and bearing a white rose. After 3 weeks, she presents the village with the arms and armour she had promised, telling them that she has learned to craft wood so can now make the entire piece herself. It is just after this that she starst to walk around the village with a 5 ft high simulacrum. A magical wonder, 'Rampart' follows her around and has the ability to get between her and others. What other abilities it has, none can tell.

Stat Block

Actions & Movement

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
On vacation till 12th August. Very slow posting

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Jul 15th, 2022 at 04:31 AM.
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Time Passes
right-aligned image

After waking and cleaning up, Ash had returned to the Inn as promised ready to help the young wizard look for the weaver men, suggesting they wait until Kaeleigh the Huntress had returned first but it proved unnecessary as shortly after the Weaver men had returned on their own, telling the tale of how the Village Gong Farmer had talked the Harpies into releasing them, Ash couldn't help but chuckle at that thought. James was definitely no longer the quiet reserved, almost shy man he had known if he was capable of talking a group of Harpies out of their prey.

With no rescuing needing to be done, and no more immediate tasks for Dame Kreia, Ash's life returned to normal, as it was before the mountain fell. He was never big on socialising with the rest of the village so it wasn't unusual for him to be missing for days on end. Everyone knew where he was if they needed him and he always came to help when called, but after his display in the Inn with the Gardener it seemed few wanted to risk his anger and the calls for his help were less and less as the days turned into weeks.

His behaviour was unusual since the return from the mines but everyone just put it down to his grief and his spending more and more time in the woods around his home didn't raise any eyebrows, he had become more of a beast than man in their eyes so it was only natural that is where he would be, and there was a lot of truth to that as well, since the fall he had tapped into a much more primal part of his being and he found himself naturally isolating himself from the village as the forest and its silence soothed the creature inside him, he found himself growing calmer the more time he spent there, finding almost a spiritual awakening as he tapped into the animal inside himself, his senses growing stronger and feeling more connected with himself and the forest.

He even discovered a new found talent of communicating with the animals around him, often spending hours just sitting beneath a tree and talking to the birds and the squirrels, the conversations were limited and overly simplistic of course but that honesty and simpleness appealed to him more than the conversations of the village now.

With everyone busy preparing there were few people who he interacted with on a regular basis. The pup Bran had spent some time trying to enlist his help training a Militia for the village, something Ash had no interest in doing, he tried to tell the young wizard it was a hopeless endeavour, the villagers would not take instruction from the man they now feared but he wouldn't listen and was persistent, until Ash lost his temper with the boys constant talking and begging and threw him in the stream. He had avoided the woodsman since

The Huntress Kaeleigh had returned to the village as well which made Ash smile at first but as she drew closer his senses flared and he had to drag himself away from her and into the forest, her scent had changed and like the weaver girl she triggered a hunger within him. only much stronger than with the weavers daughter, She had only had the scent of one fox, Kaeleigh now carried the scent of a whole Also known as a Skulk, a Leash and a Pack, a Charm is a group of foxesCharm of Foxes. He found himself avoiding the girl as much as he could while he tried to find out why. As his connection to the animal spirits grew he discovered the reason, the collection of spirit foxes which now followed the girl.

After the Hunters Moon rose and he finally completed the funeral for his families pets, unknowingly cremating his wife and daughter instead, his life settled into a routine, rebuilding his family home and returning to work in the forest, collecting and felling trees to produce the charcoal of his trade for the coming winter. He didn't take any stock in this forest lord and by nature refused to bend a knee to anyone, spirit or otherwise but the traditions of his family craft happened to naturally fall into line with the demands of the forest lord, the wood his family took was never from the strongest trees, seeking the old and naturally fallen ones first, felling any sickly trees they found and always collecting the seeds and replanting when they could, never stripping an area to excess. if there were no new trees to grow then he would soon find himself out of work.

Now his only regular visitor was Ardin's girl, once a week she would come to collect the charcoal for the forge, insisting on making the trip herself to collect it instead of having it delivered after she had noticed the looks the woodsman was receiving when he came into the village dragging the cart loaded with charcoal bricks behind him. When the mountain fell the two pony's the family owned had fled into the forest in fear, but since his transformation he found he could pull the cart himself just as easily so ever the practical man that is what he did, he would find the pony's one day perhaps but until then he let them be free and took over their job himself.

This act of course had drawn even more looks of fear from the villagers, they all knew Ash was a strong man, his profession and lifestyle demanded it but this level of strength wasn't natural to them and Ria had noticed their looks. She herself had changed when the mountain fell, gaining new confidence and strength but at heart she was still the same kindhearted girl he had seen growing up working the forge at Ardin's side and the new nobler side of her character took it upon herself to correct the issue, sacrificing her precious free time once a week to come to the Charcoal Pits within the forest to collect Ardins provisions herself, spending time with Ash.

It was awkward at first, other than the playful teasing Ash had done when he came to the forge, giving her the name that made her blush and smile they hadn't really had many real conversations, though this was essentially true of Ash with almost everyone in the village but with her new found confidence and poise she soon got over her shyness and would spend an hour or two chatting away with the silent woodsman, keeping him up to date with everything going on in the village, and sometimes just unburdening herself of her own thoughts. Ash would answer questions directed to him, often in a very simple way but he rarely joined in with the gossiping and chatter, just silently listening and occasionally offering simple advice to the girl who seemed to carry a lot more responsibility on her shoulders now, was that what a Siannodal was he wondered?

Actions & Movement

Stat Block

Old Jul 17th, 2022, 06:34 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21535
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Continued here