Game Thread Home is where the hearth is - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Village Survival
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 11:28 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 8660
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 11,993


Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
A look of shock and worry quickly spread across the young gnome's face as his connection to his unseen servant and even then unseen servant itself was rather abruptly severed when it got too close to the window. A rather pale looking Bran then stumbled backwards almost as though he had been physically struck. Bran then nibbled at his lip as a conflicting set of urges warred in the young gnomes head, on the one hand Bran wanted to run straight up to the window and slam it shut but on the other hand he did not want to risk going anywhere near that thing particularly without knowing what else it could do or what it could possibly trigger.

Bran however soon had a second cause for concern as he spotted the rats savaging Ash's legs and drawing a not insignificant amount of blood. "Quickly someone heal him!" Bran called out in alarm. Not only due to concern for the large man but also due to the large amount of blood that was being spilt.

Hastily drawing a small amount of sand out of a small pouch Bran then took a deep breath and blew it towards the rats. "Fall to sleeps embrace..." Bran then almost whispered.



OoC- Casting sleep on the rats. As they are all targeting Ash they should all be close enough together to target at once.

Dice Sleep hit dice:
5d8 7, 1, 2, 2, 7 Total = 19




Last edited by Alatere; Apr 22nd, 2022 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 12:42 PM
Murdoch Murdoch is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 6079
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Posts: 1,801


Gavin is frustrated that his lightning had so little effect on the rats. He had hoped to at least prove himself enough of a threat that one of them would leave Ash to attack him. With that not happening, he will just have to take the fight to them. He follows Ria into the fray, taking up his position at her side again so he can use his shield to protect them both. He has only used the morning star once before, but it's weight and balance feel right in his hand and he swings it at one of the rats.

 


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 02:28 PM
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott is online now
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2022
RPXP: 1930
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Posts: 504
Ash - 3/20
right-aligned image

Finally! a proper worthy kill!

The beast in Ash's mind screamed in joy as the creatures swarmed over him, one falling to his axe in an arc of blood, its head splitting from its shoulders like a cord of dry wood beneath his blade, Ash snarled and screamed out in pain as the claws from the rats scratched at his skin, their teeth sinking into his legs and side as two of the remaining three Rat creatures latched themselves onto him, the third flinching aside as its brothers blood washed over it and Ash, the reaction enough to make its own attack barely miss the large feral woodsman

Ash was in full tunnel vision now, barely registering Ria and Gavin joined the brawl, or realising Bran was talking about him when he shouted for a healer Who was hurt? did one of the Rats get at Autumn or Ria? he thought but he cast it aside, there was time to worry about them when the fight was over, right now there was still so much fun to be had

His Snarl of Pain turned to a laughing bellow of joy as he sank his fingers into the fur on the back of the Wolver-rats neck, easily ripping the creature who had sank his fangs into his side free with strength even he didn't realise he possessed, holding the creature briefly to the side as he swung his axe across his body, dropping it at the last moment to bring both hands to the axe in another Using Reckless attack this round, Advantage on Strength based attacks but opponents also get advantage against him this roundreckless attack on the creatures, ignoring the other Rat thing gnawing at his leg and the third getting ready to try again



Actions & MovementTurn Summary
Initiative:
Move: Attacking Abomination Rat 3 (the one that did the most damage last round)
Action: Reckless Attack with Axe
Dice Attack at advantage:
2D20+6kh1 (11, 12 (keeping 12) )+6 Total = 18
Dice Damage if Successful:
1D12+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
Dice Additional Damage if Critical:
1D12+6 (10)+6 Total = 16

Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Other:



Stat Block
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 04:48 PM
WildJessi's Avatar
WildJessi WildJessi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Posts: 2,500
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn was disappointed at her missed shot, but she doesn't dwell on it, she never said she was a marksmith, and besides, no one is perfect. She then aims at the closest rat, then lets lose an arrow.



Action
Dice To hit:
1d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21

Dice Damage:
1d6+2 (1)+2 Total = 3






Autuamn's stats
 
__________________
Took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by WildJessi; Apr 23rd, 2022 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 09:14 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 21666
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 9,907
That's probably not good
Ash rips apart a rat and the rest are taken down by the rest of the group. There is little left of the group of rats except for the blood. So very much blood from Rats and Ash as well. It rises into the air as if gravity is meaningless to it. The red droplets making pure red spheres before they stream into the window.

The crack it is open becomes much larger opening fully as something almost seems to step into the floating blood. It forms a feminine figure and looks at your group with a slow and careful malice. "More mortals, my mistress has seen some of you destroy one of her artifacts but we doubt you realize just what has been done by your former king. How alone you are in the world that has come to pass. I offer you an exchange, information and my departure in return for a sacrifice."

Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Murdoch Murdoch is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 6079
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Posts: 1,801


Gavin watches in amazement as the blood rises into the air and flows towards the window. His feet seem rooted to the ground and he has no idea whet to expect, and still he is shocked when something seems to come through the window and use the blood to form a body. The fiendish creature offers them information and even if Gavin would be inclined to listen to such a foul being, the mention of a sacrifice quickly makes up his mind. That word conjures up terrible images in his mind, things that he would never be a part of. If it had asked for one of the rat bodies, he might have been willing, but a sacrifice means it wants a life, and there is no way he is going to agree to anything so terrible.

"We aren't interested in anything you have to say, fiend, and your departure isn't going to be on your terms." So saying, Gavin moves to attack the blood creature. If Ria steps up to attack as well, he will cover her with his shield as well. If not, and Ash stays close enough to him, he will offer its protection to him.

 


 

 
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott is online now
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2022
RPXP: 1930
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Posts: 504
Ash - 4/20
right-aligned image

Ash is disappointed at how swiftly the Abomination Rats fall before he has a chance to sink his fangs into them in return and taste their blood, although he is covered in it, along with his own and that of the Hellhound. His eyes scanning the area for another target to take his rage out on, grinning as the blood quickly collects and forms into a feminine figure, so clearly full of malice as she addresses the group, his feral mind doesn't understand fully what is going on, he leaves the magical side of things to others but what he does understand is that a new enemy has appeared

It is all Ash can do to momentarily quell the beast inside and hold his position, knowing intellectually that the others will want to talk to the creature Always so much talking , he is pleasantly surprised when Gavin moves into attack the creature, dismissing her offer so quickly and thoroughly.

With a loud bellowing snarl, He charges towards the creature like an Arrow loosed from a bow, once more Using Reckless attack this round, Advantage on Strength based attacks but opponents also get advantage against him this roundrecklessly bringing his axe around to destroy this blood creature as he closes in, one blood covered creature attacking another made of blood.


Actions & MovementTurn Summary
Initiative:
Move: Attacking Blood Creature
Action: Reckless Attack with Axe
Dice Attack at advantage:
2D20+6kh1 (6, 7 (keeping 7) )+6 Total = 13
Dice Damage if Successful:
1D12+6 (7)+6 Total = 13
Dice Additional Damage if Critical:
1D12+6 (12)+6 Total = 18

Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Other:



Stat Block
 
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 08:56 PM
WildJessi's Avatar
WildJessi WildJessi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Posts: 2,500
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn's eyes rose as a demon type appeared before them. She watches Gavin and Ash attack and she then nocked an necromancy arrow, thinking an plain arrow was not going to cut it. She quickly takes a careful aims at the being and lets lose the arrow.



Action
Dice To hit:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10

Dice Damage:
1d6+2 (4)+2 Total = 6






Autuamn's stats
 
__________________
Took the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 02:26 AM
DebiRedHair's Avatar
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair is offline
Elegant Elven Redhead
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 3670
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Posts: 2,822
Ria Siannodel
right-aligned image

Ria moves alongside Ash, raising her shield as she swings her sword to attack the Demon . She is pleased when the blow hits and the blade cuts the Blood Demon.

OOC: Sorry about the dice error. Missed the 5 off.

Stat Block
 
Actions & Movement
 
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Apr 26th, 2022 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 03:36 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 8660
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 11,993


Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
Bran blinked in surprise when no one heeded his words about healing Ash and instead all charged in on the attack with a variety of bladed weapons. Could they all not see the blood that was being spilled? ”Heal him…” Bran pleaded almost in a whisper.

’Ohdear Ohdear Ohdear… this is not good!’ Bran then chanted to himself as a demonic looking woman materialised from all the spilt blood. Bran spared one long look at the woman studying her before turning to his chest.

Reaching inside the chest Bran then pulled out a long halberd and clumsily gripped it in two hands.

Taking a deep breath the little gnome then released a high pitched battle cry as he charged forwards. ”Aaaaarrrrggghhhhhhh!” Bran screamed at the top of his voice. The little gnome however did not charge directly at the demonic looking woman but straight towards the window. Using the full length of the halberd Bran slammed the window shut without ever getting too close.



OoC-Using a Halberd to slam the window shut.

Knowledge checks on the demon lady.

Arcana: 10
History: 17
Religion: 23 (natural 20)

**Please note Bran currently has Protection from Evil cast on him.


Last edited by Alatere; Apr 26th, 2022 at 03:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 08:48 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 21666
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 9,907
Erinyes Battle
Gavin swings and the red skinned woman seems to simply step out of the way of his attack. Ash rages and again she is not near his axe. Autumn sends an arrow her way and again she steps aside. Ria swings her sword with some power behind it and a red arm intercepts the blow, it feels almost as if she has tried to slice into stone.

The demoness laughs as a bit of blood flows from her forearm and a long tongue snakes from her lips to lick it away. A laugh on her lips as she says, "Pathetic, are you little mortals even trying? Allow me to show you how it works hmm?" She steps back and flicks her whip, the deadly black winging towards Ash and Ria.

Then Bran slams the window shut and she laughs, "A bit late little gnome. After I smear your blood all over this field I will simply open it again."


 

Last edited by Ysolde; Apr 27th, 2022 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 8660
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 11,993


Bran Gelbman
right-aligned image
Bran took a big gulp as he turned to face the demonic looking woman, the young gnome’s legs slightly trembled and his face had gone incredibly pale as all the blood rapidly drained away but he did his best to stand as tall as he possibly could as he planted the halberd in to the ground as though it were some great wizard’s staff.

”Erinyes. The blood soaked Devil, Wings of Wrath and Blood of Hatred. The fires of hell shall never burn you and weapons of mortal make shall do little more than scratch you…” Bran declared with wide eyes as he spoke almost in a trance. ”But arms of silver and magic shall cut you deep…” Bran added as he met the eyes of his companions before looking meaningfully towards the chest that contained amongst other things a silver scimitar and some magic arrows.

Bran then pulled at the halberd as he began to scratch a strange symbol in to the soft earth.

”Better late then never…” Bran then declared much more normally as he drew out a small vial of black powder and began to sprinkle a small amount of powder on the floor as he began to circle the point where everyone was fighting the demonic looking woman.




OoC-Starting ritual

**Please note Bran currently has Protection from Evil cast on him.

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott is online now
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2022
RPXP: 1930
Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott Dylan Scott
Posts: 504
Ash - 5/20
right-aligned image

Reflexes he didn't even know he possessed kicked in and Ash sprang back as the Demoness snapped her whip in his and Ria's direction, missing him and slashing across Ria's armour. Ash was happy Ardin's girl as unhurt, and he was sure she would be ecstatic that her armour held up as well as it did, he knew it was her pride and joy, remembering seeing her working on it with such concentration when he would visit the forge with his charcoal deliveries for Ardin.

A huge grin flashed across his face, sharp teeth bared at the Demoness as he laughed out loud "Pathetic, are you even trying little demon?"

Wrenching his axe from the ground Ash springs forward again, seemingly unconcerned by the flailing whip in the woman's hands, his attacks still Using Reckless attack this round, Advantage on Strength based attacks but opponents also get advantage against him this roundreckless as his Blood stained ace once more swings rapidly towards the woman, the beast in his mind laughing She is strong, worthy prey. this is fun!



Actions & MovementTurn Summary
Initiative:
Move: Attacking Blood Creature
Action: Reckless Attack with Axe
Dice Attack at advantage:
2D20+6kh1 (8, 7 (keeping 8) )+6 Total = 14
Dice Damage if Successful:
1D12+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Dice Additional Damage if Critical:
1D12+6 (2)+6 Total = 8

Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Other:



Stat Block
 
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 03:27 PM
Murdoch Murdoch is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 6079
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Posts: 1,801


Gavin is frustrated enough with his performance in this fight already and he doesn't care for being mocked by the vile blood woman. He reaches inside for the power he knows is there, given to him by the mystical dragon Bahamut. Instead of channeling that power into casting a spell, he wraps his mind around it and feels it move. It starts in his chest and moves to his right shoulder, then down his arm and into his hand. A white glow envelopes his hand and flows along the haft of his weapon and then surrounding the heavy metal ball at the end. Gavin wants to taunt the evil creature back, but he refrains, instead channeling all of his effort into his attack and in using hs shield to protect both himself and Ria.

 


 

 

Last edited by Murdoch; Apr 27th, 2022 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 09:43 PM
WildJessi's Avatar
WildJessi WildJessi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2022
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Posts: 2,500
Autumn Luwddoc
right-aligned image

Autumn sighs. This was not the time to start missing her target. She tries to calm her nerves as the being laughs at them. She nocked another necromancy arrow, taking careful aims at the demon, she fires the arrow.



Action
Dice To hit:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12

Dice Damage:
1d6+2 (4)+2 Total = 6






Autuamn's stats
 
__________________
Took the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB