Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul
High Seas Adventure

Game NameHigh Seas Adventure
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeA search for lost treasure, fights with pirates, puzzle solving, and a plot to destroy the world as you know it.
FlavourEver wanted to traverse the seas, find hidden treasure or just save the world?
Plot SummaryThe treasure of Cortez Cervantes Has never been discovered, as for most it is just a legend to keep those with a sense of adventure, adventuring. The Sorcerer Zanthoxylum has made a deal with a Demon Lord, wich In turn threatens the way the world is now. Will the treasure have a clue to end the demon. Will Zanthoxylum succeed in his plot for world domination. Can our band of heros answer the call? Only time can tell.

I am seeking 4 players.

Deadline August 1 2022.

Final decision August 3 2022.

Game Start August 4 2022.

Character Creation lvl3, standard, 27 point buy, or roll. (4d6kh3)
Don't roll in this thread.

Books allowed all official WOTC. UA pm me and we will discuss it.

Starting equipment based on class and background, starting gold 500.

About me......

Well I have been playing ttrpgs for around 30 years. I have been on Rpgx for about 3 years. I have dmed a game on the site, unsuccessfully. Probably my fault I didn't keep the players entertained and some dropped it happens. I recognize my short comings and want to put my hat in the hot seat once again. So please give me another chance to run a game and spread the fun.

You can't kill what you can't see,
But what you can't see can kill you! Quote from Nailo moonshade Phantom Rogue

Last edited by Zangul; Jul 18th, 2022 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 428
PsychicNomad PsychicNomad PsychicNomad PsychicNomad PsychicNomad
It's not UA, but I will ask:

Is there a chance for Spheres classes?
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 06:34 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application

Name
Class
Race
Background
Personality
Appearance
Backstory
2 personality traits
Ideal
Bond
Flaw

Old Jul 18th, 2022, 06:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7472
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Sparrow De'larth
Class: Rogue
Race: Drow

-X-X-X-
Sailor (Pirate): Background
Trait #1
I trust that my Deity is guiding my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well for me.
Trait #2
I'm a born gambler, who loves taking risks for the potential payoff.
Ideal
I never target those who can't afford to lose a few coins.
Bond
I was once cheated of my fair share... I WILL get my due!
Flaw
I am a little too fond of Wine, Ale, and 'Other' intoxicants

Personality: While some might call Sparrow "Cold" or "Distant", she prefers the term "Discerning". While it is true that she prefers to keep a safe distance from new people, once she has accepted you as one of her crew? She would fight to the end for you. Playfully joking with, and generally wanting to have fun around, those she trusts completely.

Appearance: Long wispy hair, the color of bleached bone, flows freely in the wind. As Sparrow's deep blue eyes peer out across the horizons toward forever. She is slight of build as is befitting an active female of elven lineage, and often wears hoods, or cowls, to keep the bright sun from her remarkable sapphire eyes. Though perhaps not of the latest fashions, she wears sturdy, and finely crafted, clothing... a rare treat that she has allowed herself.

Backstory: As Sparrow tells it, her story started out with her father being killed, as often happens to males in Drow society, and her mother being labelled a Heretic. Her mother had decided to run, with her in tow. Fleeing from the Underdark as a bird would a viper's nest, and thence came the name "Sparrow". Her mother could not do much on the world above, between the bright sun burning her eyes, and the distrust of her kind, times were hard for the family, and Sparrow had to fend for herself for food and safety. Eventually, she signed on to a ship as it could offer her a steady wage, and a place to put her head. It was also useful to her, that she could see well at night, far better than the other sentries employed on the ships. And so, she found herself a reliable place to grow, and to earn a stake at living... Something that her mother could not do. Floating from ship to ship as need arose, and plundering the weak, and less observant hulls that her home would come across. Sparrow does not know what fate befell her last remaining parent. Whether the Daughters of the YochlolDaughters of the Spider eventually came for her, or if the life of poverty finally arrived to collect it's toll, both results are the same. She thinks little of where she came from now, preferring to stay useful to the crew. And knowing first hand, that knives rarely find the throats of those who stir small wakes.

Last edited by Alemar; Jul 19th, 2022 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Completing Application
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@PsychicNomad let me read it and I'll let you know. It sounds interesting and I am willing to give it a try. So go for it.

Last edited by Zangul; Jul 18th, 2022 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Alemar can't wait to see what you up with.

Old Jul 18th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3814
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
How much time would we be near water? Would semi aquatic races make sense?

Last edited by delpinator; Jul 18th, 2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@delpinator 50% at sea 50% on land. One part will be underwater if that path is chosen. So yes aquatic races will make sense.

Old Jul 18th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4557
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Alto Fizzle Rockbottom
Race: Rock Gnome
Class: Artificer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Shipwright

Personality Trait 1: A pipe, an ale, and the smell of the sea: paradise.
Personality Trait 2: I don't mind getting my hands dirty.
Ideal: Crew. If everyone on deck pitches in, we'll never sink. (Good)
Bond: I will craft a boat capable of sailing through the most dangerous of storms.
Flaw: I am so obsessed with sketching my ideas for elaborate inventions that I sometimes forget little things like eating and sleeping.

Background Feature: I'll patch it! Provided you have carpenter's tools and wood, you can perform repairs on a water vehicle. When you use this ability, you restore a number of hit points to the hull of a water vehicle equal to 5 your proficiency modifier. A vehicle cannot be patched by you in this way again until after it has been pulled ashore and fully repaired.

Life at Sea Grand Designs: You are working on plans and schematics for a new, very fast ship. You must examine as many different kinds of vessels as possible to help ensure the success of your design.

Appearance: Fizzle stands at a height of roughly three feet tall. His frame is thin but muscular. His hair is jet black and usually kept rather stylishly parted to one side and his skin is grayish in color. He's abandoned his traditional gnome attire for an outfit more suiting for a seafaring adventurer; complete with fancy boots and a cape.

Personality: In his mind, Fizzle is a world-class craftsman and an Adventurer, destined for glory. Often, what others see is a power-crazed Gnome with grandiose ambitions. One thing that no one can deny is his love of the ship. He sees any damage to it as an injury to a close and personal friend and himself as its surgeon. Another thing that no one can deny is that the Gnome is chatty and rather friendly. When he's not busy working on the ship, he is often found chatting up his crewmates. He enjoys setting up a music box that produces a small amount of light for everyone's entertainment.

Background: Fizzle was born a Carpenter. More accurately, he was born the son of a Carpenter that wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. Learning to craft was fun but the boy was often distracted by his own attempts at tinkering. Around the time he turned 30, he started realizing his arcane potential. Rather than allowing it to change his course, he learned to harness that power and became an even greater craftsman and tinker. After some time, he began to lose his passion for crafting wagons, weapons, and armor. One day, after work, he decided to go down to the docks and treat himself to a bottle of rum at an outside bar and restaurant.

While enjoying a nice cigar and sipping on his rum, Fizzle watched the ships coming and going. Their movements had always been relaxing for the gnome. While watching their less than graceful movements, he had an epiphany. I could make them better! Suddenly, the young crafter had only one singular purpose in life. He was going to craft the greatest ship to ever set sail on the high seas! His masterpiece would be the envy of all who came into contact with it. First, he would have to learn everything he could about ships. He wanted to understand how they were built, how they operated, and how they could be improved...

OOC NOTEIf this background feature doesn't work, I'll swap it over to the Sailor's background feature.

Last edited by Treble83; Jul 20th, 2022 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 10:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Treble83 can't wait to see what you think of. I wanted to be in one. Well if you can't be in one then run one. I hope having a small group makes it last a while.

Old Jul 18th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@ everyone your backstory, flaws, bonds,and ideals will be part of this world builder. I will be using that info.

Old Jul 19th, 2022, 01:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3814
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image

name Gareth
race (vedalkin)
class fighter martial adept
background criminal (smuggler)
Trait
- I think of everything in monetary value
- never tell me the odds
Ideal
- heaps of coin in secure vaults is all I truly care for
Bond
-i lost my ship and plan to get it back some day. The mermaids deceit was my true love.
Flaw
- lying is reflexive and I often find myself doing so without thinking.
backstory
Gareth was from a larger port city. He grew up trained under a master martial saboteur. He learned techniques and tools to master the art of war. Using a special bow he could calculate the precision of an enemy from near 300 ft.

Using the knowledge given he found work on a sailing vessel as a marksman. He worked assuming he was on a trading vessel until he began to run through the numbers they didn't add up. He was confused and confronted his captain in private to discuss the error it turns out it was on purpose this didn't set well with Gareth not because it was illegal but it was a miscalculation. His captain gave him the real books and Gareth's job became to ensure coin went to it's rightful place.

Time went on and Gareth found himself rising within the ranks and gained command of a few men for raiding and transport of product into more secure locations. The lies continued until Gareth had difficulty telling anyone the truth of what he understood finding the lies easier than the truth.

It was a dark night when he heard a rustle. We went to investigate and was ambushed by a group of pirates. They claimed his ship and threw him and his men overboard. Thankfully for some training in combat Gareth found his way to shore. He found a simple inn and a letter than seemed to invite to adventure he'd have to look into it further but for now he enjoyed a simple rest.

Last edited by delpinator; Jul 27th, 2022 at 03:44 AM.
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4803
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Sailor Moon
left-aligned image

Name Cheri "Charm"
Class Warlock (Fathomless)
Race V. Human (Telekinetic)

Backstory: Cheri's father was the captain of a coastal trader. It wasn't a rich living but it was sufficient and with her mother having died in childbirth, she went everywhere with him. She learned to be helpful early on, sailing a ship with a crew of 3 (and a half) is no place for slackers. And, she became beloved by the crew for willingness to work and her bright, sunny disposition.

The captain was her father, Ollie, a big cheerful man with a tendency to fat. His first mate was Vigdis, a skinny beanpole of a woman as tanned and tough as old leather, but when you could get her to open up, she told wonderful stories of sailing all over the sea. The final member of the crew was Ranj, the harpooner; large, tattooed everywhere you could see (and some places you didn't want to), powerful and prone to brooding but Cheri could always bring a smile to his face. They nicknamed Cheri, Charm, because they said the boat had been a lucky place since she was born, and it was the only home she had ever known.

Things went bad suddenly. They had accepted a commission to sail a mage, a pale, dark bearded man called Seeker, to a deserted island where he was having a clandestine meeting he wouldn't talk about. Returning from the meeting, he carried a small locked chest which he warded with spells and watched constantly. Cheri couldn't help but be curious about the chest, but she knew better than to touch it. Even if he weren't a mage, it could ruin her father's reputation as reliable and discreet. And yet, somehow she was drawn to the chest, circling around it like a moth around an open flame.

She doesn't remember opening it, or what was inside of it, or really much of anything about the incident, but there was a sudden lurch of the ship and the mage screamed in fury as her, standing by his open chest with a large weathered green embossed tomb open in her hands. He cast a spell of fire at her, and her father and friends grabbed marlin spikes and knives and rushed to her defense. One, two, three, he struck each of them down; Cheri watching apparently unharmed. Then her eyes turned into dark, sucking whirlpools, and a voice too deep for her narrow chest came from her mouth, and the ship bilges were wrenched open by tentacles. The water rushed in and the ship sank with more tentacles dragging the mage underwater to a dark, green death. Cheri floated on the water, alone. Eventually she and her book came to shore.

Personality: Since then, she has sought passage with her father's friends, but everyone seems afraid of her except for some of the professional adventurers who seem unafraid of anything. Still looking and seeming 12 years old, she goes quickly from helpful and sunny, to tears and hiding, and back again. She eats little, though sweets of any sort seem to disappear whenever she's around. But when danger threatens and her eyes go dark, tentacles appear and swarm, making her a very unusual and very lonely little girl.

Appearance: Charm seems a normal 12 year old girl, slim and athletic as you would expect from growing up on a ship. Her skin is deeply tanned and her hair bleached by the sun. When her powers are used, they tend to appear as tentacles. The patron gift tentacle is the most clear and well defined, but her telekinesis gift manifests as tentacles, her eldritch blast manifests as tentacles erupting, and any other spells that can also appear as tentacles (mage hand for example).

Last edited by penbeast0; Jul 19th, 2022 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Storyteller

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 327
Hitch Hitch Hitch Hitch
The Twisted Sister
right-aligned image
Lana Morsett
Class: Cleric of the Rogue Star (Trickster)
Race: Human
Background: Noble

Personality: Lana is a prideful woman who enjoys the thrill of adventure and mystery. As a noble of many true and fake dalliances, Lana Morsett is always two-faced. Lying comes easy, as does any indecent act to get what she wants. However, her pride will always be her greatest downfall. She must come out on top. And when she can't or isn't... well, self-deceit is easier than any other kind.

Appearance: Thin yet shapely, with unblemished and softly angular features, Lana is a gorgeous young woman by common standards. She has long golden hair, a courtly grace, and intelligent eyes. The only truly grating thing about her is her manner of speaking. Lana speaks like she's always in an argument. Even if she should attempt to comfort someone, her words will only lull them for a moment before she inevitably jams the person with some linguistic knife.

Despite her regal appearance, her clothes are simple (and only because of the nature of her quest). Her ensemble is a pale shirt, tan breeches and boots, with a red headwrap. The only hanger-on from her noble life is the gold earrings and her 'more peasant-like' jewelry. Because even peasants must wear some, right?

Backstory: Miss Lana Morsett was born of a prodigious heritage. The Morsett family were famous vintners with sweeping orchards on the seaboard. They were not only well-connected, but also fabulously wealthy for their trade. Lana herself spent much of her youth in the palatial estates owned by her noble family, being educated in courtesy, nobility and politics. She was primed to be a great wife, to connect their family to good blood, perhaps even the Royalty. Those in the Red Tide are preeminent nobility and are seen as true members of the royal line of succession.Red Tide. However, during her days attending balls and classy events, Lana's interest was peaked by a private club of young aristocrats. Outwardly, their meetings were primarily religious with members who purportedly dabbled in philosophy and fine arts. However, what their families saw as just an opportunity to connect to other educated power-players was, in truth, a burgeoning cult.

Their members were either
  • Neydiere 'Ned' Rotham: Founder. Prior brother of the sun god's Guidance House until his elder brothers mysteriously died.
  • Mayara Silverbridge: Daughter of a paladin. Came seeking heresies, but stayed. Why?
highly-religious or
  • Ulas Tiva: A scholar and wizard. Main researcher and the one who introduced Lana to the cult.
  • Julian Narora: Famous poet. Good at finding leads, but too whimsical. In it "for the romance of it".
economically-minded, plundering old matters circulating around something known as the 'Rogue Star'. It was a fairy-like apparition which befuddled sailors, apparently appearing in the night sky and confusing their star charts. Many disappeared, thought to be shipwrecked. Some members believed they were vanished to another plane. But Lana... she knew there was a truth out there and it wouldn't be found on some dusty page. The cult concocted a ruse to allow her to freely track down the truth. To her family, Lana was on a carriage circuit of rapport-making that was maintained by her colleagues. In actuality, she was dock-banging and consorting with buccaneers and mad sailors; seeking answers.

The closer she got, the more it seemed the Rogue Star was real and that it wanted to be found. Curious powers came to her, helping guide the cult's quest. Powers to heal knife wounds and odd callings not of her will. Finally, months in and with her parents beginning to grow restless, Lana's path crossed with the name Cortez Cervantes. Five leads pointed to his name and his treasure, each with conflicting tales. But all read clear: the Rogue Star was involved.
Personality Trait 1: No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.
Personality Trait 2: If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.
Ideal: (Despite lying to them, Lana cares deeply for her family and their station.Family) Blood runs thicker than water.
Bond: I must find out the secret of the Rogue Star.
Flaw: In fact, the world does revolve around me.
Aspects: Back-alley investigator; team's trickster; fence-sitting noble
Theme: Poison by Alice Cooper

Last edited by Hitch; Jul 19th, 2022 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jul 20th, 2022, 08:24 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2512
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
App - WIPName: Corus Zuuxanath
Class: Oath of the WatchersPaladin
Race: Triton
Alignment: LG
Background: Far Traveler - Plenipotentiary
Personality traits: 1. I have a strong sense of propriety that others don't comprehend.
2. I have my own ideas about what is and is not food, and I find the eating habits of those around me revolting.

Ideal: Suspicious. I must be careful, for I have no way of telling friend from foe here. (Any)

Bonds: 1. Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my loved ones behind.I hope to see them again one day.
2. I hold no greater cause than my service to my people.

Flaw: I am not so secretly convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

Personality: Speaks in an antiquated version of common constantly spouting Thou and Thee into speech. Very formal sounding.

Extremely cautious and private person, only speaking about personal affairs to close companions.

Must discover the truth about anyone important he is companion too, expects others to divulge such information.

Appearance:

Backstory:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Jul 20th, 2022 at 08:31 AM.