RPXP: 4502
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
Kurnus
right-aligned image
Name: Kurnus
Race: Minotaur
Class: Druid
Background: Hermit

The letter is written on a thick piece of paper. The variation in ink quality gives one the impression that the writer wrote it over an extended period of time.

To:
Imelda Adelmi
Lot 441, Birgglewook Lane
East of Neversummer City
The Unremembered Realm

Blessings of the fertile plains to you, Ms. Adelmi.

I am known as Kurnus, and I hail from the minotaur clans of the western expanse. I lived my life as an apprentice to the old mystic in my clan. We mystics typically lived lives apart from the rest of our people, and can be considered to be hermits of a sort, such is life I suppose.

I must say I am in particular a very level-headed individual who takes his time to think things through before acting. I must also insist that I am not lazy, or slow, no matter what people seem to say. I am merely taking appropriate time to consider things.

As for my reason for applying, I must admit that I am no longer… welcome, around in my clan. I feel like I should say that it is for no alarming, criminal, or wicked act, simply an… error, of sorts.
Besides, it can hardly be said to be my fault that we were moving our herds of cattle too close to a chimera den. Yes, I might have been… relaxing, at the time; but I was just trying to read the cloud patterns for rain. Again, completely understandable. But the result was the same, so I have decided I need a change of pace…

So I feel like I could use my special knowledge of nature and animal care to enhance your prospects. I am quite skilled in that regard, and learned more than I think my teacher thought I did. And of course I am a minotaur, and we are no slouches when it comes to physical labour if the need arises.

Last edited by Amarga; Jul 23rd, 2022 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 06:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
Hi 97! Happy to see this game come to fruition!

I'm definitely interested in entering an app. I had an idea for an accountant but Onward beat me to it (no hard feelings!).

Instead I like the idea of playing a character with necromantic powers (maybe either a circle of spores druid or a straight up necromancy wizard). Before I go ahead and write something up, I just wanted to gauge your feelings on whether or not that could fit. Would people in general be scared of those kinds of powers? Would my character have to hide them?
Hi morgantha! If you still wanted to go an accounting direction please feel free! I'm sure a business like this is going to need more than just bean-counters. There is purchasing to be organised, payroll, taxes, potential for side-hustles, "human" resources, compliance and all that lol. If we get two more folks with similar jobs, I'm sure we could split up responsibilities somehow.

With the necromancy, that's no problem at all! Nothing wrong with some dark humor I mean... death is as much part of life on a farm, as life hehe. Someone has to dispose of animals who meet their timely ends, and maintain a small on-site cemetery maybe? I'm not sure how people will feel about such powers... but as part of the farm building we'll do OOC at the start, there are some decisions to be made about how lawful the region as a whole is. There is every chance that this part of the Unremembered Realm is a place where misfits and more experimental magic users go to live their double lives hehe.
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 06:57 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9659
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mg View Post
Hi morgantha! If you still wanted to go an accounting direction please feel free! I'm sure a business like this is going to need more than just bean-counters. There is purchasing to be organised, payroll, taxes, potential for side-hustles, "human" resources, compliance and all that lol. If we get two more folks with similar jobs, I'm sure we could split up responsibilities somehow.

With the necromancy, that's no problem at all! Nothing wrong with some dark humor I mean... death is as much part of life on a farm, as life hehe. Someone has to dispose of animals who meet their timely ends, and maintain a small on-site cemetery maybe? I'm not sure how people will feel about such powers... but as part of the farm building we'll do OOC at the start, there are some decisions to be made about how lawful the region as a whole is. There is every chance that this part of the Unremembered Realm is a place where misfits and more experimental magic users go to live their double lives hehe.
I'll toss in the idea of making a cow walk itself to the burial site AFTER it's been butchered is kind of morbidly fascinating to me. Besides, having someone versed in the old dark magic is just the right kind of person to have on the payroll when that kind of stuff starts happening TO the farm.
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 07:47 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4307
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
@Rune and 97 Ohhh you two are giving me some great ideas! I will definitely have an app up soon. Thank you!
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 07:49 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9659
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
@Rune and 97 Ohhh you two are giving me some great ideas! I will definitely have an app up soon. Thank you!
Glad I could help!
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 07:51 PM
Floof

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3084
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
I'm fully in agreement that some dark humor could be delightful, and I'm up for playing necromantic abilities for morbid laughs. I would also imagine that a Circle of Spores druid would know a thing or two about compost and other forms of fertilizer...
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 10:42 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9253
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Edward Bluebell
right-aligned image

Name: Edward Bluebell (Eddie)
Race: Human (V)
Class: Currently thinking Hexblade, Pact of the Tome, but I might switch subclasses depending on other applicants.Warlock
Background: Folk Hero

ApplicationDear Ms. Adelmi,

Hello! I hope this letter finds you well... I don't really know what that means, but Norwood said I should write it. My name is Edward Bluebell, and my big brother Norwood and I run Bluebell Farm. Well, sort of. We DID run it before it got blown up by some adventuring types. My brother says we got "caught in the middle of a dern guild war". Not really sure exactly what that means, but we've always had trouble with adventurers coming on our land looking to fight the orcs in the woods nearby. I don't really know why. The orcs don't really bother anybody. Heck, sometimes we trade them vegetables for animal furs and other stuff. Norwood says its because people don't like things that are different from them, which I think is weird because different types of people can be so interesting!

Anyway.

The reason I'm writing this is because I heard talk of you trying to get your farm started up, and I think I could help! I know a thing or two about working land, planting, and harvesting crops. Really though, I think my biggest strength is handling animals. I've always been good with farm animals, and that was before I knew how to talk to them! Oh, I can talk to animals. I couldn't always. That's a whole other story. After our farm blew up, a stranger found me and my brother and agreed to teach us some interesting tricks in exchange for my brother running a few errands for her. Weird lady. Never could seem to get a good look at her face for some reason. But anyway, my brother agreed, and we made a "pact", so now we know some pretty neat magic tricks! I can see in the dark, make stuff fly, you name it!

My brother left me with some savings we had put aside, so I'm on my own right now while he's on the road working. What we both want more than anything is to save up enough to rebuild our farm. Norwood said it's too dangerous where he's headed for me to come along, which is dumb, but he wouldn't let me argue with him. I love my brother though, and I don't want him to have to do all the work, which is why I'm sending you this Ma'am. I need a job so I can save up some money. I don't want my brother to do it all himself, and if he won't let me help him, maybe you will? I promise I can pull my weight, and if you give me a chance, you won't be disappointed! Heck, I bet Grinki and I will be best pals before long.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 12:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imelda
left-aligned image
Upon relocation to Fraillie Farm, Imelda had found the letterbox out the front of the property to not only be tipped on its side, but also jam-packed with mail. A disgrace! The poor strawberry! Yes, the "box" was one of grandfather's old carving efforts, painted with splashes of red. The thought of opening up a mound of creased and soggy letters was kind of exciting at first, but the enthusiasm soon dwindled.

Unpaid taxes. Junk mail. Advertising for the latest magical devices that nobody really needed. Frying with "air"? Get real. Flyers for bardic performances in the distant town, most of them second rate tribute bands, or performers who'd hit their peak about forty years ago.

With a deep sigh, Imelda had had to sort through the communications, solicited or otherwise, a vast majority fated to become compost or kindling. All this could have been enough to turn her off having a strawberry for a letterbox at all, except... well, soon it would be rather handy.

A few days later, the big red berry was looking much better, standing tall and proud. This, was the young woman's first step in setting the place right. The next step, would be in finding some helpers. Thrilled, Imelda smiled as she gathered up the mail on a fresh new day...

"Applicants!" She exclaimed, "they're already replying!"

She felt extremely thankful, and wiped a tear from her eye before hugging the parchments close to her chest and hurrying back to read them all! There would be more to come in the following days too...
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 12:34 AM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10330
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Hi 97mg!

Right now I'm considering applying. If this will indeed have a gentle post rate I should be able to make it fit.
With my schedule, I can't make any promises yet though.

Right now I'm pretty much just in the brainstorming phase. About the game's theme, will this be more of a slice-of-life game and the character sheets are just to add numbers, or would you say that I should seriously consider making a DnD style character? My concept will differ greatly if I'm expected to make a combat-capable character.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 12:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
Hi 97mg!

Right now I'm considering applying. If this will indeed have a gentle post rate I should be able to make it fit.
With my schedule, I can't make any promises yet though.

Right now I'm pretty much just in the brainstorming phase. About the game's theme, will this be more of a slice-of-life game and the character sheets are just to add numbers, or would you say that I should seriously consider making a DnD style character? My concept will differ greatly if I'm expected to make a combat-capable character.
Hi Mindsiege!

I'm expecting a pretty mellow posting rate, but am happy to go with whatever flow eventuates really. Probably at the start it could have that frantic phase before settling down? My hope is to post updates one or twice a week once things are rolling.

Definitely slice of life, hopefully with opportunities to use crazy abilities and fighting skills here and there too. So... kind of a mix of both... if that helps at all Personally, I've always found non-combat characters to be quite liberating and fun to watch, even when a bit of combat breaks out!
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 01:50 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9253
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97mg View Post
Personally, I've always found non-combat characters to be quite liberating and fun to watch, even when a bit of combat breaks out!
Agreed; I love character building, but when you're always playing combat-centric games, it can be easy to overlook interesting "sub-optimal" builds in favor of things designed to just do as much damage as possible. Building with some utility in mind, or just taking an opportunity to play with options that would normally be considered not very good just because they sound fun and interesting, is awesome.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 07:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 337
Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto Hitmyto
Application letter
The letter is written in small and scribbly writing. It seems hastily jotted down, as if in a hurry, containing several spelling errors and quite a few crossed through words.

right-aligned image

Imelda Adelmi
East of Neversummer City
The Unremembered Realm

Hi Imelda! Dear ms Adelmi,

Hello, I am Look no further! Your all-important jack of all trades employee is right here! Writing this letter to you. My name is Anthurium, or Anth please don't call me Ant, and I was raised on a farm, so I know what the goings-on are like and I also know that a versatile employee, like me, is absolutely necessary! I've also been to wizarding school, so I got a bit of a magical background too, even though I gor kic the better to help around on the farm. I can cook, clean, do the laundry, do some modest repairing, receive guests (I love people!), sell stuff to them, especially when they do serve tables, ride a cart, tend animals and I also know a thing or two about plant and trees! With my wings I can take care of a tree from top to bottom. And, even though I'm not too big, well, compared to other people, but for a fairy I'm actually above average! Anyway, I can still chop wood, haul rocks or work the soil like anyone. Wherever you'd want me, I'd be the beI'm pretty sure I can fulfill that role! Oh, and I can also create our very own custom glassware, should that be needed! When you realise how awe If you see how valuable my skills can be for your farm, please let me know and I'll be on my way as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Anthurium the Amaz!

OOC
Anthurium the Chaotic Wild Magic Fairy

Flitting through life like only fairies can do, hopping from one thing to the next, Anthurium's magic is just as unstable as his attention span can be. But he is an open and sociable fellow and always means well. Not too bright though.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 01:54 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4307
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Doileag's letter
right-aligned image

Imelda Adelmi
East of Neversummer City
The Unremembered Realm

Hello Imelda,

I saw your advertisement for your farm. This is my application. My name is Doileag. I am told by my ex-wife this name is hard to pronounce. Though I would prefer Doileag, you may call me Do. I promise that this is the only thing in which you will find me hard-headed. Besides this topic, being my name, I am a hard worker and will do as asked.

As for what I am capable of. This must be the thing of most interest to you. I am very good at making mulch. I know where the best acorns are. You might wonder, why do I care where acorns are? I will tell you. Pigs like acorns. They are like candy to pigs. I assume you have some pigs. On your farm, that is.

Also, I will deal with things that are “unsavory” to you. My ex-wife told me that most people have no interest in dead things. She said interest in dead things is “weird.” Whether or not it is “weird” I could not say. But I do say that I will deal with these things if you do not wish to.

In spite of these attributes, you might say I do not want a stranger on my farm. That makes sense. I will explain to you who I am, and then I will not be a stranger to you. I am from the Wyrmwood. In the Wyrmwood there are many firbolgs. We had no specific name. I did many things there, like making some small magic and like finding acorns. This is how I met my ex-wife. I will not bore you with more details of love, but eventually my ex-wife did not love me anymore. Therefore I am looking for a job. Therefore I am writing you this letter.

In any case these are my qualifications (see above).

Doileag

Last edited by morgantha; Jul 22nd, 2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 02:45 PM
Your Local Cryptid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9177
Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund Strangemund
I am vicariously going to root for all of you to get in since I cannot apply myself despite how much my heart yearns for it.

97mg, I'd wish you luck on your game but from the applicants alone, I think you are going to have a great time! Happy gaming, everybody!!
Old Jul 23rd, 2022, 02:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangemund View Post
97mg, I'd wish you luck on your game but from the applicants alone, I think you are going to have a great time! Happy gaming, everybody!!
Thank you!! Yes it is looking like a really great team and I love the ideas coming to the virtual table
If you ever have more time, and might want to join in some later day, just get in touch!

@Amarga Kurnus looks done! Is he complete? Wasn't sure because still WIP in the fieldset.

@morgantha Is the charming acorn specialist, Doileag, a druid? Just wanted to check

@Onward What class is Teela?