twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 1st, 2022, 08:18 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
I'm game for this, application forthcoming.
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 02:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 161
versemicroverse versemicroverse
Character Details in Initial Post

Hi!
I've updated my original post to include details for Karon, tiefling warlock, in initial thread. Can modify application to meet needs of party as desired.
Cheers!
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 12:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6271
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Oh god, I'm obsessed with ToA.

One question: Are you planning to run the module as written, or do any streamlining? A full runthrough as played at a table could easily take four years even with no player attrition.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 12:35 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post

One question: Are you planning to run the module as written, or do any streamlining? A full runthrough as played at a table could easily take four years even with no player attrition.
Now i'm even more excited for this adventure.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 04:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26895
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I've gone against racial type, in a sense, for the class, but this is something I've wanted to take a leap into for sometime, so here goes.

Zorea the Swift
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Name: Zorea Daylander Munakigala aka, "Zorea the Swift"

Race: Goliath

Alignment: CG

Class: Rogue

Appearance: Zorea is Seven feet nine inches tall and weighs in around three hundred and twenty-five pounds. She is adorned with weapons, but isn't dressed like a warrior. Having more than just a resistance to freezing temperatures, she wears what's comfortable and protective, but not much else. If anyone has a problem with that, they should tell that to her face; no one has done that yet. She's got long ebony colored braided hair and aside from her size doesn't come off as intimidating. She's been asked so much if she's a giant that she now simply just responds, "yes" and leaves it at that. She can easily carry up to 480 lbs as if it were just traveling gear. Oh, and did I mention she plays the Bagpipes? You should hear her play after she's had a lot to drink.

Personality: Zorea is fun loving and a partier when she can be, but quite serious and determined when there's something that needs done. She is quite competitive as are all of her race, but believes in fair play so she works well in that way on a team or in a group.

Mechanical Background & Characteristics: Inheritor
Personality Trait: I get Bored Easily. When am I going to get on with my Destiny? I often tell jokes that make no sense to anyone but me.
Ideal: Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink. I sometimes pretend not to speak the language if I don't want to deal with a situation.

Backstory: Zorea came down out of the North to Luskan at a young age. Driven and with a purpose to fulfill her Destiny, she took to what came easiest and that was a bit of thieving and adventuring for fast and easy payouts so she can move on to keep looking for said Destiny.
Walking around with a longsword sheathed on her left hip, a shortsword on her right, a great club in a sleeve on her back with a short bow and quiver - which looks small in her hands if she's wielding them - and not too mention a dagger sheathed on her left bicep and another sheathed on her right thigh, she looks like anything but the nimble rogue she is. Others assume she's a giantess warrior, or barbarian at their peril - though she can bash a head in if she needs to. She's quite skilled with thieves tools and can move quietly when she needs to as well. Enemies dismissing her will find a blade in their backs or a club over their head if they turn an eye from her quicker than they thought possible.
To those she travels with, she'll tell her story. The short of it is that she was born with a birthmark and deemed the one chosen to find the lost Clan of her people and lead them back home. She was adorned in tattoos, a sign of her inheritance, and trained up to head out into the Realms with Destiny as the wind at her back, and adventure as the road to take her there.
How will she find the lost clan? Destiny. How does that work? She is destined to find it, so she will. She just can't stop looking, but she will most certainly live and enjoy life on her journey, because when she finds the Clan, her days of freedom are over. But, she'll welcome that day when it comes.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Aug 2nd, 2022 at 06:05 PM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 06:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 761
RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN RossN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I've gone against racial type, in a sense, for the class, but this is something I've wanted to take a leap into for sometime, so here goes.

Zorea the Swift
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Name: Zorea Daylander Munakigala aka, "Zorea the Swift"

Race: Goliath

Alignment: CG

Class: Rogue

Appearance: Zorea is Seven feet nine inches tall and weighs in around three hundred and twenty-five pounds. She is adorned with weapons, but isn't dressed like a warrior. Having more than just a resistance to freezing temperatures, she wears what's comfortable and protective, but not much else. If anyone has a problem with that, they should tell that to her face; no one has done that yet. She's got long ebony colored braided hair and aside from her size doesn't come off as intimidating. She's been asked so much if she's a giant that she now simply just responds, "yes" and leaves it at that. She can easily carry up to 480 lbs as if it were just traveling gear. Oh, and did I mention she plays the Bagpipes? You should hear her play after she's had a lot to drink.

Personality: Zorea is fun loving and a partier when she can be, but quite serious and determined when there's something that needs done. She is quite competitive as are all of her race, but believes in fair play so she works well in that way on a team or in a group.

Mechanical Background & Characteristics: Inheritor
Personality Trait: I get Bored Easily. When am I going to get on with my Destiny? I often tell jokes that make no sense to anyone but me.
Ideal: Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink. I sometimes pretend not to speak the language if I don't want to deal with a situation.

Backstory: Zorea came down out of the North to Luskan at a young age. Driven and with a purpose to fulfill her Destiny, she took to what came easiest and that was a bit of thieving and adventuring for fast and easy payouts so she can move on to keep looking for said Destiny.
Walking around with a longsword sheathed on her left hip, a shortsword on her right, a great club in a sleeve on her back with a short bow and quiver - which looks small in her hands if she's wielding them - and not too mention a dagger sheathed on her left bicep and another sheathed on her right thigh, she looks like anything but the nimble rogue she is. Others assume she's a giantess warrior, or barbarian at their peril - though she can bash a head in if she needs to. She's quite skilled with thieves tools and can move quietly when she needs to as well. Enemies dismissing her will find a blade in their backs or a club over their head if they turn an eye from her quicker than they thought possible.
To those she travels with, she'll tell her story. The short of it is that she was born with a birthmark and deemed the one chosen to find the lost Clan of her people and lead them back home. She was adorned in tattoos, a sign of her inheritance, and trained up to head out into the Realms with Destiny as the wind at her back, and adventure as the road to take her there.
How will she find the lost clan? Destiny. How does that work? She is destined to find it, so she will. She just can't stop looking, but she will most certainly live and enjoy life on her journey, because when she finds the Clan, her days of freedom are over. But, she'll welcome that day when it comes.

Wow, fantastic art choice for her! Looks like a fun character!
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 133
Nyx89 Nyx89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post

Definitely streamlined although I am up for running it as long as people are interested in playing it

ETA: Also, these are some great applications!

Last edited by Nyx89; Aug 2nd, 2022 at 07:03 PM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3022
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
left-aligned image
Name: Baron Erkan Cyriacus
Race: Dhampir
Alignment: LG
Class: Wizard (Bladesinger)
Personality:
* Traits: The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity. Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
* Ideals: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity. (Good)
* Bonds: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
* Flaws: I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.
Backstory: Baron Erkan was the last son of a line of human nobility, so Erkan had to work to make sure no one suspected him to be a dhampir by virtue of long life; he merely pretended to be his own heir a few times. His mother had neglected to divulge the details of her vampirism at the beginning, but the family had managed to keep everything under wraps, as is expected at times like these. As the centuries went by, due to wars, disease, and the general decay of his house, Erkan found himself alone with his servants. Also, the baron was not incredibly good with money, leaving him with only a handful of his most loyal retainers. With his old money almost fully depleted and the only other alternative was to... get a job (shudder), Erkan set about searching for a quick and easy payday an alternative form of income in terms of adventuring, and for his first derelict location to seek out was a certain tomb.

Last edited by FatherDondo; Aug 2nd, 2022 at 09:36 PM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:24 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4557
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
For those keeping count, we are up to two bards and two bladesingers. We're on the verge of having a traveling band!
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
I didn't even see that there was another bladesinger, lol. Should I change?
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:30 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Not for my sake. Personally, I'm not against everyone in the party having the same class and subclass. You can still RP very different behaviors and approaches to keep things interesting.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossN View Post
Wow, fantastic art choice for her! Looks like a fun character!
Right back at cha! Love the different facial expressions Jasra has to show her personality.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:48 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Wait... Zorea plays the bagpipes!? We DO have a traveling band!

Seriously though, I absolutely love the concept of a Goliath Rogue!

So many good applications so far and it makes me very glad that I don't have to make selections!
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 08:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
Wait... Zorea plays the bagpipes!? We DO have a traveling band!

Seriously though, I absolutely love the concept of a Goliath Rogue!

So many good applications so far and it makes me very glad that I don't have to make selections!
Always wanted to RP a Goliath as a Rogue, and Zorea is a decent concept as I've imagined her and put it all down in a character sheet. She has +6 Investigation skill! I created the concept and idea of who she was sometime ago and then went through the creation process (using 27 point buy, though I'm tempted to roll the dice) on what made sense for who she is and how she got to be where she is now. Hope she makes the cut! Let's go to Chult!
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 08:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'm waiting on those dice, lemme tell ya. I traditionally roll fairly well on stats, if nothing else lol