Game Thread Seven Days Out From Trilpret - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 09-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Securis's Avatar
Securis Securis is offline
She Whispers, Loneliness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2020
RPXP: 12133
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
Posts: 17,115
Last round that the sinking ship has any portion above water.

As the five mates float free of the doomed vessel, the last of the timbers slip beneath the surface and still their companions do not return from the holds. Sam attempts his signal with his well lit fry pan, though there's no knowing if Dix or Roche cold see it. Nibs' voice is the only sound above the whisper of the flagging breeze. Barabas, who had also taken to maneuvering the dingy into a better position coughs to clear his throat, "I suspect that both are well armed with necessary magic to maintain themselves. Give them a few more minutes."

Suddenly, while all eyes are trained on the frothy mass descending beside them, an eight inch dorsal fin passes within mere feet of Sam's waving pan. It came in from a perpendicular angle and from depth so no one would have seen it beforehand. The shark looked to be about 6-8 feet long as it quickly turns away and dives back to depth and out of sight. The arrival of predators would make since with all the commotion here on the surface. And now, it was one more thing for Roche and Dix to contend with when they tried to surface.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below, both Dix and Roche make non-threatening gestures and back off the elven stranger. He swims up and poises himself to maximize any effort at escape, attack, or withdrawal. His grace in the water is somewhat like watching street performers dance in impossible ways. You can see their arms and legs do the motion but not conceive how adept they are compared to your own ungainly attempts. Dix swims easily back to the hatch while Roche turns his attention towards a large crate 40 feet back near the bow.

 

Last edited by Securis; 09-18-2018 at 11:58 AM.
  #92  
Old 09-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-24-2020
RPXP: 5918
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,482
__________________
.
Boogers
.
  #93  
Old 09-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Admin Dirk's Avatar
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk is online now
Season starts THIS week
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 66454
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Posts: 50,980
Dix continued towards the once upper part of the ship, heading towards the surface. She is not interested in battling the sea elf, as it seems he is also not intent on taking the offense.

spot
Dice Roll:
d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
(3)
__________________
"Dirk is better at that stuff than me anyway." -- Squeak
Philatalist? PM me/Got a buck? Get my book./Remember the Post of the Month Contest
  #94  
Old 09-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Securis's Avatar
Securis Securis is offline
She Whispers, Loneliness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2020
RPXP: 12133
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
Posts: 17,115
A another minute passes as the froth of released air increases. What can still be seen of the ship, the closest portions, are now passing five feet. Casting about for the potential predators that might be attracted to disturbances, Unless you roll a DC15 spot. Write about an oncoming dorsal fin.the previous shark can not be seen on the surface.

Very close by, the Chronotyryn drifts without sails and towing the sack to maintain the best proximity. A fair eye might estimate 40 yards or a little more. On deck, both the Captain and Sail Master keep watch with spyglass. A few of the crew have assembled near the hoists, ready to bring the dingy aboard while others spare glances as they carry on with needed repairs and other tasks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dix swims towards the open hatch not looking back. The light of the surface shows through giving her an easy target to pass from the hold back into the ocean. Pausing just below the hatch, she sees that Roche had another target in mind.

While Dix swam away and upward, Roche made his way towards the crate. Arriving with his knife ready, a sudden sensation as if he should feel friendship and loyalty toward the strange elf behind him. And that was it, the strangeness of such an impulse aided him in realizing that it had used a charm on him but that his will was more potent. Gliding forward in what looked like a dolphin kick, the help swims toward him slowly holding the shell to its mouth.
  #95  
Old 09-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-24-2020
RPXP: 5918
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,482
Roche
left-aligned image
Roche too extreme offense at the aquan elf's efforts to charm him. He began swimming towards the opening in the hold above him, then cast Magic Missile at the elf. He was hoping that the light show and magical effects from the missiles would attract Dix's attention, as well as the fact that he yells, "DIX!!!" underwater with all his might.

 
__________________
.
Boogers
.
  #96  
Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Samildinach's Avatar
Samildinach Samildinach is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-23-2020
RPXP: 1754
Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach
Posts: 3,720
Sam
left-aligned image
Sam nods at Barabus but keeps his eyes on the large dorsal fin breaking the bubbling water. He flips his glowing frying pan and dips it back in the water "Come my oversized friend, you'll do well to feed the crew!"

The more he could distract the shark...or sharks, the better, Dix and Roche had enough troubles on their hands.


 
__________________
"The darker the night, the brighter the stars."
Clicky clicky Job thread...Share a bit about yourself
Join the ^<v Game!

Last edited by Samildinach; 09-21-2018 at 05:25 PM.
  #97  
Old 09-22-2018, 12:55 AM
Tesselia Tesselia is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2020
RPXP: 468
Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia
Posts: 113
Nibsilum
left-aligned image
Still leaning over the front of the dingy and peering into the depths, Nibsilum glances back at Sam's outburst, half expecting to see the man leaping over the edge of the boat. Having been absorbed with peering down at the sinking ship, which is starting to disappear into the gloom, Nibsilum had missed spotting the shark. Confused at what has Sam riled up, Nibs scans the horizon and then the surrounding waves. He spots a fin not far from their boat. Please let that be a dolphin. Please let that be a dolphin. Though the shape of the fin told him everything, there was no harm in wishful thinking. Gripping a wooden token strapped around his wrist, Nibs whispers "Fharlanghn, please grant them a swift ascent clear of any hinderances."


 

Last edited by Tesselia; 09-22-2018 at 01:02 AM.
  #98  
Old 09-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Hextor's Avatar
Hextor Hextor is offline
Evily Adorable
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-25-2019
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
Posts: 10,275
Barivus slowly and carefully got back on to the skiff. He could see what Slych was chattering about as the fin slipped back beneath the surface. He gave the small lemur a reassuring scratch behind the ear, though this did little to calm him.

"Everyone! Back to the boat!" he called loudly back over the deck of the sinking vessel. Hopefully, they could hear him.

Puzzled, the black-haired fighter watched as the ships cook attempts to catch the water-bound beast. Surely, the man wasn't that mad.

Perhaps, he was just very hungry...
__________________
New? Try a New Player Solo Game!
Adventures in Greyhawk
Slowly resuming normal check-ins. Happy New Year, everyone!
  #99  
Old 09-29-2018, 09:48 PM
Securis's Avatar
Securis Securis is offline
She Whispers, Loneliness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2020
RPXP: 12133
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
Posts: 17,115
Sam and the rest watch intently as the streaming bubbles continue to roil the surface. Only Nibs casts a backward glance over the starboard side. There, he sees the fin of another, or the same, shark cutting the surface at a leisurely pace heading straight towards them. It neither veers or dives as it approaches steadily.

Sam is intent on cooking this shark and he recalls a number of ways to prepare the flesh. Mealed and dipped in hot oil, grilled on a spit, even wrapped in thick broad leaves, and broiled under hot stones buried in sand all come to mind as excellent ways to cook shark. With a good seasoning, it would taste fine prepared any number of ways. Most critical to making the meat tasty, if Sam were to catch the fish, would be to gut and bleed it immediately upon catching it. Old fishermen had told him the secret that sharks could foul their own flesh if not prepared properly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roche's force bolts leave trails of micro bubbles forced from the water as they streak towards and into the aquan elf. He tries swimming up in a rolling motion to avoid the magic but is struck, convulsing a different direction in retreat. The wizard finds himself about halfway to Dix when both his magic hits and he yells.

Dix centered in the open hatch hears Roche and sees the result of what must be an attack. Before she can move to aid her companion, the ship suddenly drops faster, falling away, leaving her suspended in open water while Roche is still in the hold.

Roche can not help but notice that Dix seemed propelled through the hatch and he suddenly bumps into the ceiling. Somehow, the ship though already sunken has begun some kind of free fall into the depths.

Last edited by Securis; 10-03-2018 at 08:13 PM.
  #100  
Old 09-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Admin Dirk's Avatar
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk is online now
Season starts THIS week
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 66454
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Posts: 50,980
Dix paused in her swim towards the surface, and turned.

What in the seven hells of the seas,
she thought as she watched for Roche to emerge from the hold. After several long seconds of waiting, she gritted her teeth, and turned to swim back towards the opening in the hold.

Did his spell run out,
she thought. Did he get stuck? Lubbers, she cursed, and tried to not think poorly of the terrestrial, even as she swam harder to chase the sinking ship's deck. She wondered if the elf had taken him, or if something else had befallen the man.


 
__________________
"Dirk is better at that stuff than me anyway." -- Squeak
Philatalist? PM me/Got a buck? Get my book./Remember the Post of the Month Contest

Last edited by Admin Dirk; 09-30-2018 at 10:41 AM.
  #101  
Old 09-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-24-2020
RPXP: 5918
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,482
Roche
left-aligned image
Roche was pleased that the Aquatic Elf was moving away from him, but noticing that made him surprised by the sudden appearance of the hold ceiling intercepting his head. He ducked as quickly as he could to prevent the impact from damaging him, then he reversed his body so that he could get his feet and hands on the ceiling surface. Once in contact, he spider-crawled to the opening of the hold and kicked for the water's surface.

 
__________________
.
Boogers
.
  #102  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Tesselia Tesselia is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2020
RPXP: 468
Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia Tesselia
Posts: 113
Nibsilum
left-aligned image
"Hmmm...hmmm," Nibsilum grows contemplative as he thinks of how best to deal with the issue that the shark represents, perhaps not to those in the boat but the other two down below. He glances back at Sam, hoping the big man might just start wailing on the shark with his skillet. Nibsilum opens his mouth to speak several times but then lapses into silence without saying anything. He is mentally going over his list of magical spells but finds most of them lacking in ability to be of much help "Ah.. no, that won't be much help." His gaze switches out to the shark as it continues to circle the general area around the dinghy and the larger vessel that is quickly disappearing from view. The halfling bursts out laughing which is quickly replaced with a rhythmic chant, his small wooden token back in his hand. Smiling, he says "lets see which is stronger." As those words escape his mouth a funnel of olive green mist coalesces into being just above the waves. Spinning lazily, it slowly collapses into the sea, taking shape as it does so. Another shark, almost identical to the first appears just beside the original. The summoned shark doesn't even pause as it turns toward its twin and tries to tear into its side, just behind the gills.


 
  #103  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Securis's Avatar
Securis Securis is offline
She Whispers, Loneliness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-12-2020
RPXP: 12133
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
Posts: 17,115
Nibs watches as the shark's tail thrashes amid the froth. Its speed increases to a charge as the halfling looks on. At almost 10 feet from the dingy, the shark submerges into the deep yet again. Sam and the rest do not even notice the silent threat. With all the ocean about them, the deep water predator could approach from any direction at any time. Still, somewhere below, maybe trapped in the wreck on its way to the bottom, Dix and Roche face some unknown struggle.

From nearby, the bellowing voice of Meryasek reaches out from a closing Chronotyryn, "Ready yourself to come aboard! Where are the Magician and Changeling?" He can be seen hanging over the railing midship with coil of line ready to be tossed as the ship draws close enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dix makes a few hard strokes and almost as she breaks an even pace with the sinking ship, Roche's climbs out of the hold and floats free. Below them, the lost vessel gains momentum toward the bottom. In half space of a single breath, it is ten feet further. In the second half, it is twenty five feet gone. In the very next breath, the ship disappears into the gloom.

OOC - Spot for both Roche and Dix.
  #104  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
LOC-NAR
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-24-2020
RPXP: 5918
Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy Amy
Posts: 16,482
Roche
left-aligned image
The wizard kicked his feet underneath him, and spread his arms out in front. His natural buoyancy was helping him, but for some reason he was anxious to be out of the water. He spared several glances below him, as well as around, making sure that the aquatic elf had not followed him out of the hold.

 
__________________
.
Boogers
.
  #105  
Old 10-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Admin Dirk's Avatar
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk is online now
Season starts THIS week
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 66454
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Posts: 50,980
Dix swam steadily towards the longboat; slowly, but steadily. Without the need to breathe air, breaking the crest was not important, and she knew she needn't tire herself with staying buoyant. She glided slowly through the salty water, below the surface, knowing that she could swim back to the ship, if needed.

Wish we'd had more time to explore, she thought, and chuckled in her mind. Okay, she told herself, looted, not explored. It would have been nice to give the others time to board, and see what she had to offer us, before she sank.

She turned slightly, to glance downward, and see where the ship might be, but it had already dropped out of the limited sunlight range, into the colder, darker depths.

I'll ask the others how deep it is here, she thought. Maybe I can make it, with some light and time. I wonder what happened to that elf?



 
__________________
"Dirk is better at that stuff than me anyway." -- Squeak
Philatalist? PM me/Got a buck? Get my book./Remember the Post of the Month Contest
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB