Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 03:42 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Heroes, Villains and Everything In-Between

One post per person, character with character sheet.

Creation: Standard point buy. Class and background equipment.

Below are the tokens I will be using when the battles have a map:

normal image without text wrap
Greta

Eliza

Lily

Alaric

Slim

Last edited by Martyn; 07-23-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:41 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
left-aligned image
Name: Greta Silverdeep
Race: Gold Dwarf (Hill Dwarf)
Homeland: The Great Rift
Class: Cleric (Life Domain) Title: Faenor, Hearth-keeper
Deity: Berronar Truesilver, the Greatmother.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background/Bonds/Flaws: The Silverdeep Clan of The Rift has a long and glorious history of wealth and prosperity, as well as the claim to the namesake of several Dwarven heroes of legend. Second only to the Bronzebeards for their clout in the royal courts. Greta was born into wealth and prosperity, with an early spark of divine connection to Berronar Truesilver, promising that Greta Silverdeep would be a great asset to clan and kingdom. Greta was naturally Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.respectful to all she came across, welcoming and friendly, often seeming to forget her privileged station granted to her by birthright. Of course, being born into wealth does ingrain certain expectations from life, and she cannot ignore her own cleanliness, condition of clothing and style, and I don't like to get my hands dirty, and I won't be caught dead in unsuitable accommodations.could never accept a pallet on the floor when a bed is available!

Greta believes that her lot in life is one of service to Dwarves and all Dwarf-kind, though the nobles, such as herself, and wealthy merchants and artisans are comfortable and safe, It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.the rest of her people still need someone who can look out for their safety and interests. Though her semi-charmed life seemed to run on an unerring course for greatness, even the wisest of sages can fall victim to the foolish desires of the heart.

Greta... I am in love with the heir of a family that my family despisesfell in love, with an older Dwarf who was naught but a miner, and from the lowest of the low-clans, the Deepfallens. From their dalliances, a child was conceived, a boy, who was taken from Greta by her family. She was never told what name they gave the child when they put him in an orphanage, a mewling newborn, naked and terrified, destined to grow without knowing his mother.

Greta screamed and fought for her child, tore at her hair and eyes, pleaded for Berronar's guidance, and in a fit of uncontrollable grief-fueled rage, struck and wounded her own mother, giving the Silverdeep Matron an ugly scar across her face. Compounding upon this grievous attack on her own hearth and kin, Greta left her halls and sought out a series of facial tattoos, marking her shame and grief for all to see. She would not quietly accept the punishment given to her, and the continued torture of being denies access to her babe.

The tattoos were the final straw, and she was cast out from the Clan Halls and sent north, far, far from where she could By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family.bring further shame to her family.

Last edited by Karhald; 07-21-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Eliza Heartly:
right-aligned image

Name: Eliza Heartly
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Ranger
Deity: Gwaeron Windstrom and Mielikki
Background: I stood alongside my twin brother against a Shadow.Folk Hero
Personality Trait:
-I judge people by their actions, not their words.

Ideal:
-Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not. (Neutral)

Bond:
-I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land.

Flaw:
-There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

History: A local from Triboar who until a Shadow terrorized the city was just a humble scout and guide but stepped up and helped defeat it. Her and her twin brother, Alaric, had been born in Triboar and as was tradition, they each became part of the village militia. Aside from the militia, Eliza works as a guide for those traveling into the woods around Triboar and North but the longer the trip, the more the fee. She helps her father and brother on the family farm, she doesn't shy from a hard day of manual labor in the field.

Monologue/RP Sample: Eliza Heartly stalked through the snow, as quietly as she could, her eyes scanned the freshly fallen snow all around for any sign of the terrible shadow that haunted the town of the last few days. It was hard to track something that didn't make tracks but she couldn't just let it go. She could see her twin brother, Alaric moving just a ways away from her parallel to her. Her hands rested on the wooden handles of her daggers, ready to draw them at the first sign of trouble.

She had heard of the strange happenings, even saw Mistress Keterin's cow, something nasty had ripped it's underside out. It was just a hour past that Alaric came to her saying that it was out here in Gwaeron's Slumber, 'How had he known it would be out here?' she hadn't asked because he had pleaded for them to come out here and kill it, It had to be taken care of, he had said. When her brother asked for something from her, especially this time, he seemed like the younger of the two even if she had been born three minutes after him and she couldn't deny him. Despite her doubts, her brother's desperation drove her and it was better to be out here looking for something that wasn't here than the opposite.

She heard leaves crunching and a twig snap, her brother had stumbled in the ankle deep snow again. Despite all the training she had tried to give him, he didn't seem to take to it like she did. Despite the situation, a small amused smile bent her lips, 'She would watch out for him, as she always had, Gods knew, he needed it.'

OOC:

Last edited by Arthilian01; 07-24-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Character Application
right-aligned image
Lilly Tuckson Windycut, "The Multifaceted Warrior"

Name: Lilly Ella Tuckson Windycut Gathergold.
Ethnicity: Gnome Forest
Deity: Lurue.
Class: Fighter (Not yet, at level 3!:PEldritch Fighter)
Background: The Knights of the Unicorn began as a fad of romantically minded sons and daughters of patriar families in Baldur's Gate. On a lark, they took the unicorn goddess Lurue as their mascot and went on various adventures for fun. The reality of the dangers they faced eventually sank in, as did Lurue's tenets. Over time the small group grew and spread, gaining a following in places as far as Cormyr. The Knights of the Unicorn are chivalric adventurers who follow romantic ideals:
Life is to be relished and lived with laughter, quests should be taken on a dare, impossible dreams should be pursued for the sheer wonder of their completion, and everyone should be praised for their strengths and comforted in their weaknesses.
Knight of the Order (Unicorn)
Lilly's weapon: Rapier.
Character's Music Theme: THis will be day!

Personality.

• I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
  • I get bored easily. When am I going to get on with my destiny?

Ideal

• Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not. (Neutral)

Bond

• Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.

Flaw

• I’m convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Backstory

Lilly for the most common family in the gnome tribe, with dreams of greatness and desire to become a greater adventurer unlike his more conservative family that their higher aim is to have the most famous inn the town. Since she was little, his dreams was fuelled by stories of bravery and song of deeds that every bard performed in the inn.

In her early childhood every common day of working in the inn was complemented with a free time playing sword fight in the forest with her male friend that they always saw her as one of their gang but after the years passed by the focused less and less in being heroes and instead every one of them began to learn the job of their families and forgetting the dreams about being adventurers.

But Lilly couldn't do that, so she did what a brave youngster would do, she went again her parents' wishes and tried to join the army. The army of course rejected her but a tenacious girl like her wouldn't stop there so she went in a search of a new chance and the most dangerous one, a mercenary company with a bad reputation. It was in that company that she learned a bit how to fight with a rapier but as you could imagine, the derision was always present and it was in a fatidic day where she found her chance. Her company was almost wiped out by an horde of goblins when their heroine appeared and save her.

Mistine was a wise and humorous half-elf that became not only in her master but her sister because when she heard about the Order of unicorn and their tenets, her eyes glided. As no other, Mistine looked in her eyes with respect and wonder about Lilly and Lilly found in her a equal soul. Free, underestimated and fierce like her. Through her teachings, she learn to fight, to enjoy and mostly to see her dream not as something to laugh about it but a real goal to live.

As Mistine's squire she learned to stand with her own feet and the day she feared and waited the most came, the day she was named a formal knight of the order. A day filled with a bittersweet happiness because she was one step near her dream but that also it meant that she won't longer be with the person she admired the most but still with some tears and a farewell party she left her beloved master and began her journey.

That journey began in a grim scenery but for her is a big opportunity to enjoy of a unheard tale and a new challenge, but that she doesn't know that in her hands is more than the simple yearn of being able to cast magic but the fate of Swordcoast. Can a gnome simple hearted like her be trusted with such ordeal?

Sample

Last edited by J2B; 09-25-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8456
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Alaric Heartly
right-aligned image
Name: Alaric Heartly
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Deity: Mystra

Background: I stood alongside my sister against a terrible monster.Folk hero
Trait: Thinking is for other people - I prefer action!
Ideal: I'm determined to make something of myself.
Bond: My sister has always been by my side, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her.
Flaw: Secretly, I believe that things would be better if I were a tyrant ruling the land.

History: A local from Triboar who, until a terrible monster terrorized the city, was a bit of a ne'er-do-well. With his sister, he stepped up and helped defeat it.

Sample: Moving in a line with his sister, Alaric tried to walk quietly. Since they were children, his sister had tried to teach him fieldcraft, with only mixed success. As he stepped, he kept up his usual vigorous internal monologue. "Heel, then toe. Don't step on leaves - leaves make noise. Don't step on sticks - sticks make noise. I can't believe what that thing did to Mistress Katerin's cow! It's whole underside...just gone!" He shuddered at the memory, turning just a little bit green as his stomach gave a lurch.

Was this whole thing his own fault? He didn't know. Well, he knew it wasn't his fault - he hadn't actually done anything. But it might have been the magic's fault. He'd always been what the crones called "fey touched." He saw things, heard things, that nobody else did. Some of the men called it "touched in the head," but Alaric and the old women knew better. Crazy people couldn't throw bolts of fire or make images and sounds appear out of thin air. But crazy things happened to him, that was for darned sure, because of the magic. Sometimes, it just sort of...bent...when he was doing his tricks. And sometimes when it bent, bad things happened. He'd been practicing his tricks out in the woods the afternoon before the thing attacked the village. He hadn't felt the bend like he usually did, but that didn't mean it didn't happen.

Alaric didn't have to look out of the corner of his eye to see his sister...he could sense her, some fifty feet to his left. He was older, by a whole three minutes, but she was the rock. So calm, so brave. If anything happened to her because of his bent magic...Alaric shook his head.

"Heel, then toe. Don't step on leaves - leaves make noise. Don't step on sticks - sticks make noise."
Old 07-23-2018, 05:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
right-aligned image

'What's in it for me?'

Name: Slim
Race: Human Variant
Class: Wizard (Diviner)
Background: Urchin
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: Skinny, sullen, scarred. He prefers loose, darkly colored clothing with hoods and lots of pockets.
Backstory: Slim grew up on the streets of Waterdeep, stealing his food and staying one step ahead of bullies and guards to avoid beatings or worse. He quickly learned that the best treats and treasures were found behind locks, and in the shadows, Slim learned how to beat them.

Years later, Slim came up with a great idea. He took his extensive knowledge of locks and other devices to the shop of a locksmith, and asked for a job. Impressed by Slim's skill, the locksmith decided to give the wiry boy a chance, and he put him to work. For years, Slim worked for the locksmith, building locks and testing and improving designs.

If it weren't for Slim's greed and unscrupulousness, he would have had a promising career as a locksmith. Instead, the locksmith caught Slim purposely installing vulnerabilities on the most expensive locks in the shop, with the intention of following the customers home and seeing what secrets they valued so much. The locksmith fired Slim and blacklisted him from working in Waterdeep.

Back on the street again, with only his clothes, a few coins, and his backup tools, Slim cursed his stupidity, and headed to a new city for a new start.

Character Design: I realized that no class can replace a Rogue's skills, so I decided to make use of Portent and the Lucky feat, to boost his effectiveness at skill checks. There will be lots of rerolling going on. So, he should be an adequate scout with his familiar, and he still has all the power of a Wizard. Hopefully an effective character.

Last edited by theoryaction; 07-23-2018 at 05:32 AM.