Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Gossip and Innuendos (and planning too)

Out of character thread.
I really prefer OOC in this thread.
I hate seeing:

Actual in-game post by a DMYou can secure a grappling hook or a rope knot on either of the 3 openings. There's plenty of exposed masonry sturdy enough to hold you and to hold fast. However, you would have to travel one at a time in descent. You think you can make out the edge of your light hitting a bottom on all 3 openings.

The dropped pebble is nearly a second longer in its fall on the SE chimney, the one with the smell of rotting leaves.

Quick question: who's using lights? I see Aywin using a torch now. Anyone else?

While I can see this post being in the game thread, it belongs in a spoiler button as it ruins the continuity of the story.

Last edited by Martyn; 07-23-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Welcome Fellows! I think me can begin to make our evil plans, but first we have to clarify some points...

Like...

1. How do we met each other?
  2. Where do you from?
  3. Where did we meet each other?
  4. How is it your character perceived by the other? (like personality and appearance).
  5. Do you feel to have an annoying gnome Female like Lilly as a partner?

Last edited by J2B; 07-23-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8620
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Hey folks,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm out of town on a brief trip. I'll return and can post normally on Thursday.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
Slim showed up for a job, and everyone else was there. He didn't initiate conversation with anyone, but he he watched everyone intently, when they weren't looking at him. Any questions directed at him were answered with short replies that didn't really provide information. He isn't hostile or grouchy, but he seems nervous and untrusting of others.

Also, if your character is perceptive, he or she may have noticed a small owl following the group, circling and landing on branches, staying a safe distance, but always watching alertly.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2B View Post
Welcome Fellows! I think me can begin to make our evil plans, but first we have to clarify some points...

Like...

2. Where do you from?
  4. How is it your character perceived by the other? (like personality and appearance).
1. Greta is a relatively recent arrival to Triboar, has been living there only three years
2. She's from far to the south, where it's always hot, but it's quite cool deep under ground in the cities of the Great Rift.
3. Greta is likely known to most if not all as a healer/midwife. She's probably fixed up your boo-boos.
4. Greta is a little mysterious. Mostly a bubbly, motherly kind of woman, but on occasion, when she's alone, sometimes she's seen crying. When asked what's wrong, she blows it off, says that sometimes a bit of a cry is good for the heart, then changes the subject.
5. She probably quite enjoys the company of the little scamp. Gnomes are quite common in the Rift, and their antics always help her keep her mind off of... other matters.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:59 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
1)Greta, Lilly &Slim are outsiders to Triboar who have all traveled there for different reasons. Though Greta has been there about 3 years.
2)Alric and Eliza, siblings, are life-long residents of Triboar.

Rumors about the goblin raids caught all your ears and you have banded together to go seek it out.
Greyjoy, Captain of the Twelve, pointed you towards Melton.

You only have known each other (except the siblings of course) for about 4-5days.

Hope that helps.

As to why you want to seek out the goblins, well you have to come up with the motivation for that.

Last edited by Martyn; 07-23-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berith View Post
Hey folks,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm out of town on a brief trip. I'll return and can post normally on Thursday.
No worries- thanx for the heads up.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
IC, please use the token I created or similiar sized pic every post so I can easily see who it is that is talking and/or doing.

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Martyn deBois
right-aligned image

Martyn thought to himself, Bugs! Why does it always have to be bugs? I hate bugs. Composing himself he runs up to the creature and tries to
Dice * attack the bug:
1d20+4sch17 (2)+4 Total = 6
pierce its chitin. The point of the rapier slides across the thorax, leaving not even a scratch.

Hopefully someone else does better.

OOC

Stat block is nice but not mandatory... action block is mandatory during combat posts.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
IC, please use the token I created or similar sized pic every post so I can easily see who it is that is talking and/or doing.
Can I use the one I made? I like it more!, Please!!!!

And now it's my turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2B View Post
  2. Where do you from?
  1. Lilly came to triboar recently (a few days at most). She met Slim on a magic shop while she was nosing around. She knew the Siblings ( Eliza and Alaric) in the way to triboar when they were retuning from the hunting and finally she knew Greta on the inn where she was drowning their sorrow and Lilly as always cheering other went to her rescue and took out a smile from her.
  2. She was born in Commyr where she enrolled in the Knight of the Unicorn and began his travels with Mistine as her squire until a month ago when she were ascended as a knight of the order. Rank 1: Knight Unicorn.
  3. It was responded in the First question.... what a bad interviewer I am...
  4. She is seen like a bottomless pit of energy. She's cheerful, optimistic and mostly stubborn in the good way (about moral and good deeds). Her curiosity makes other wonder if she would jump inside of a hole filled with lions to see if there are lions or simply for the sake of touching a lion fur, to simply say she's fearless and brave besides her own height. Most people feels a candid innocence on her words and realize she believe in want she says. Sincere and simple but intelligent enough to make awe-inspiring conclusions from simple or unnoticed facts along with her knowledge of the arcane make most wonder why she didn't choose wizard as her profession instead.
  5. Of course she feels well about having herself as company. She would sing and sing to herself to enjoy herself.

PDBy the way, I wondering if Lilly can convince a squirrel to become her pet for the sake of having a companion to roleplay? In the forest should be one, right?

Last edited by J2B; 07-23-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Your a Gnome, if you want a pet squirrel that gives no mechanical benefit then by all means, have a squirrel Boo Boo.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
but no pet walruses...
Old 07-23-2018, 11:54 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
How about a moose? :P
Old 07-24-2018, 12:12 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If there can be Dire Moose then there can be Diminutive ones too...

Just don't call them Rocky and Bullwinkle

Last edited by Martyn; 07-24-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Buuuuuu....
Old 07-24-2018, 06:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
I'm hoping that this convinces the constable to let us help defend the village from the imminent goblin threat.

It might be helpful if the other characters act surprised at the goblins' appearance, and try to kill them as well. Slim is the only one who knows they are illusions at this point.