Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Triboar Trilogy
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
left-aligned image
Slim glances at Greta, but doesn't stop casting and cleaning. In between spells, Slim says, without any hostility, "I'm busy; if you have any questions, just ask."
OOC

Old 07-31-2018, 03:53 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Realization dawns on Greta.

He's earning his keep...

"Well.. we were, well, I was curious. That magic you are using to clean up the tables. Does it work on people too? Could you clean all of the mud and muck off of... well... me?"

Then she smiles devilishly. "I'll pay you 5 silver to be cleanin' off me and Lilly if ye can, with just a wee snap of your fingers. 4 silver for the cleanin', and 1 silver to come and sit with us. You don't need to work for that shriveled ol pickle over there. Come on."

She reaches into her pouch and produces a gold coin, pressing it into Slim's palm with a wink. "Keep the change, come sit with us."

She holds his hand and walks back to the table, young wizard in tow.

~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--

Last edited by Karhald; 07-31-2018 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
left-aligned image
Slim's cheeks turn bright red as Greta leads him by the hand. He had hoped that he could quickly finish cleaning around the bar before anyone realized what was going on, but alas, the pretty dwarf woman had caught on. Slim allows himself to be led to the table, and he sits down compliantly.

"You know," Slim begins, awkwardly accepting the advance payment, "you don't have to do this for me. I'll be alright, regardless. Not that I don't appreciate your offer... I do!"

"But, I mean..." Slim begins to ramble, clearly feeling nervous, and his mind outpacing his ability to express ideas. "If you really want me to try, I'll do my best. I can clean your gear for you as well. See, the way it works is... well, I don't know how it works, but it does."

Then, the devil on Slim's shoulder whispers a wonderful con, and Slim knows it's wrong, but he can't help but jump at it. He clears his throat and continues explaining how the spell works. "See, I can clean a certain amount of area at a time, which won't be a problem at all, since you're both very petite, but I can only clean something that I can see clearly. I have to create a model in my mind, so I can have an accurate target for the spell. Do you see what I'm saying?"

Slim scratches his head sheepishly, and continues digging his own grave. "As in, I couldn't clean a chair that is hidden underneath a sheet... you would have to... um... you know... remove the sheet." Slims eyes dart around the room, looking everywhere except at Greta and Lilly.
OOC

Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta listens to Slim’s explanation, and just nods. "Aye, my fixin’ spell be the same way. I have to be holdin’ all the pieces."

She stands up and inspects a tear in Slim’s clothing. "Now, hold still." taking the two halves of torn fabric, she spends a minute chanting and focusing on the material, which slowly reconnects, leaving behind a whole, with no sign of the former rip.

"Your trick is much faster, though. Now, as for cleaning our gear, Lilly and I can drop our things off at your room, let me know if any other bits of your clothing are needin’ a fix. Oh, hold still, you’ve got some schmutz on yer face." she rubs Slim’s cheek with her thumb, cleaning off a spot of the road they carried with them, then pats him on the shoulder.

"Hmm..." she rubs his shoulder, moves her hand down his arm and gives his bicep a squeeze. "I see why ye be callin’ yerself Slim."

She turns to the innkeep and claps her hands twice, "Gaston! Two bowls of stew for my hungry friend, and two mugs of ale." she drops three silver shards on the table in front of Slim.

"We gotta start fattening you up, it’s cold out there." then leans in and whispers into his ear, "Ye help keep us all clean, I’ll make sure ye keep a full belly, deal?"

By the Truesilver herself, I hate being dirty...

She turns to the innkeep again. "And I’m still waiting for word on that bath. Do ye have one? How much?"

~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--

Last edited by Karhald; 07-31-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
The barkeeps says, "Bath be two nibs- hot bath six. Which will it be so I can get the lazy boy a fetchin' the water."

Last edited by Martyn; 08-01-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Eliza Heartly:
right-aligned image
Eliza pats her brother on the shoulder and nods at him before moving towards the innkeeper, hearing the words 'hot bath', "Hot bath please." she fingers another six silver coins from her belt pouch and offers it to the innkeeper, "Where is your bathing room when it's ready?" She
Dice Perception:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
looks about the tavern to look for a backdoor into a bathing room.

OOC:

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-02-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
The barkeeps says, "The boy will carry the tub to your room before fetchin' the water."
Old 08-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Slim feels an upwelling of gratitude for Greta as the woman offers a bit of kindness to him. He feels even worse about his small deception, and before his food arrives, he tries casting It says 'object' in the spell description, so I guess it's up to the discretion of the GMPrestidigitation on her hands, to see if it cleans them.

Slim glances over at Lilly, watching his spellcasting with interest. He grins at her and says, "The spell's called Prestidigitation; it's just a little trick most wizards learn in school. It can make things clean or dirty, warm or chilled, change the smell or taste of something, and it can ignite or quench a flame. Lot's of little uses in life. Watch this."

Slim looks over at the barkeeper, and subtly casts a spell on the old badger's floppy bow tie, covering it with foul smelling cooking grease. He quickly looks away and waits patiently for his food to arrive.
OOC

Old 08-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Lilly Ella Tuckson Windycut Gathergold.
right-aligned image
Lilly Heard Greta with interest when the food came to the table and in a moment, she takes the bread of her stew and give the half to her pet. She gets her spoon, eating by moments while she chew her food, paying attention to Greta's experiences with all the curiosity draw on her face, although she eventually tried to recall the spell Greta was interested about, it missed from her memory so instead her thoughts focused on that hot baths she was talking.

"I've never been on the rift. I wonder if someday Greta would invite me to that hot bath she was talking about..." Her thoughts became en words.

I used to bath with my Mistine on the river, so the water was cold...
She was suddenly interrupted by Greta who fixated on Slim .. Fine, I will wait, go... She smilled giving her time to spend time with Brave who was pretty concentrated on bread he was eating with their both hands.

Climb down to the table and eat at my side."Tskk Tsssskk Tssssskkkk..." She said to her pet who obediently follow her orders and she offered more bread as a reward.

Greta carried the Wizard by the hand to the table with all his face red and that made Lilly feel amused by the picture. if Greta wasn't a dwarf, it would look like a child carrying ad adult human as a child.

"Well, I can say I could be in the same position. I hope that at least Slim don't underestimate me." She sighed giving to her mouth a huge piece of the hot stew as she felt her body getting warmer.

Then, her attention comes to Slim when he casts the unknown spell on Greta's hands.

"Interesting... Verbal and somatic component.... how it was the movement and the words?... The incantation it seems... complicated." Her thoughts revolving about the spells were discovered by Slim.

Ah... So this is how it's called, Prestidigitation... Can you explain it about it later? I only know to cast Minor Illusion. Well... most gnomes in my village knows that spell. After all, we're a gnome forest. She takes the mug and gives a big sip, fixating her eyes on Grete in the process So... Greta... Should we go to your room or my room? I mean... to wash each other. She asks nervously to Greta and then looks Slim with wonder.

Umm... Do you have money for a room? I can ask one for you, I will pay. In exchange, take care of me when we're on the battlefield. I tend to be... a little reckless, but that's about my creed in life, the creed of a Knight of the Unicorn. She winks her eye to Slim while she uses a friendly tone to the timid human. Then she stand up and draw her riposte and with dramatic poses, she begin to recite their creed with a dramatic voice.

"Life is to be relished and lived with laughter, quests should be taken on a dare, impossible dreams should be pursued for the sheer wonder of their completion, and everyone should be praised for their strengths and comforted in their weaknesses." At least it's how I remember it... She laughs and gave another big sip of her mug.

OOC:

Last edited by J2B; 08-01-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta watches her hands become as clean as they've ever been and laughs out loud. "Oh, Slim! That's wonderful! I love it! A cleaning spell! What else can you do, eh?"

Greta is trying to manage two conversations at once, but she beams all the brighter for the revelations she's suddenly been hearing, though her face turns a bit deadpan at Slim's continued explanations of his Prestiwhachadoo trick.

He can make things warm? HE CAN MAKE THINGS WARM?!?!

Greta takes a deep breath, remembers her manners, smiles and keeps the conversation light but informative.

"So, your Prestidigeridoo spell can make things warm? Like, I'm sure food and whatnot, which is great. I've got a little spell that can make fires leap thrice their normal height, or lower down to a glimmer of a flame, pretty useful when you're trying to get a campfire started. Anyway, about the warm thing... Can you make, say, armor or gloves warm? Trekking through this frozen hell would be a lot easier if I could feel my fingers! Can you do that, too? Make our gloves warm, and boots warm, and armor? Is that how you managed to survive this trip, you just make your clothes warm every few minutes?"

She realizes she's running her mouth at the implications of his little spell, and how amazingly useful it is, then another realization comes upon her, a bit of a surprise.

He must be exhausting himself with that.

"But, of course, don't be exhausting yourself with all of that casting. Unless that spell is a minor little thing, like my fixin' spell. Bye the way, everyone, if ye need any mendin' done, bring it to me, I'll take care of all cuts, tears, and rips just like that. I could cast that wee spell all day long, but I can only heal a couple wounds a day. After that, it's the old-fashioned way." She pats her medicine bag, complete with bandages, salves, and poultices.

She turns to Lilly, "Dearie, if I've got the strength left in me, I'll make sure you come through any fight with no more than a couple bruises." Then to Slim, "Yourself as well, lad, that's why I'm here, to tend to the sick and the injured."

At the mention of bathing, and noticing that Eliza was also interested in the bath.

"Sure, let's have the tub brought to my room. Eliza, will you be joining us, or just getting yer own bath? Lilly and I, we be plannin' ta wash each others backs and trade stories. If not, that's fine as well. Now, Lilly, I'll pay this round of baths, you get the next one, deal? Of course it is."

Without waiting for an answer from her bubbly cohort, she claps her hands again for the innkeeper. "Gaston! I'll have a hot bath in my room!"

She turns back to Slim, "Oh, but I do prattle on. Now, Slim, I been wondering this since I met ye a few days back. And if ye dinnae wanna be tellin, that's alright, but let this girl have her fun with the question. That beauty mark on yer face, it's a handsome scar, would look right proper with a full beard to complement it. How did you get it? Didja get inna fight over a girl?"

She leans forward, mischief gleaming in her eyes, eager for a tale, but respectful of a declination, should Slim not be comfortable answering the question.
~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--

Last edited by Karhald; 08-02-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2B View Post
Ah... So this is how it's called, Prestidigitation... Can you explain it about it later? I only know to cast Minor Illusion. Well... most gnomes in my village knows that spell. After all, we're a gnome forest.
As Slim slurps down the adequate stew, and feels the warmth of his new companions, he starts becoming more comfortable and his tongue loosens a bit. "Yeah, Lilly, I know Minor Illusion too. It's one of my favorites; I'll show you some of my tricks after dinner or tomorrow when we're out and about."
Quote:
Umm... Do you have money for a room? I can ask one for you, I will pay. In exchange, take care of me when we're on the battlefield. I tend to be... a little reckless, but that's about my creed in life, the creed of a Knight of the Unicorn. She winks her eye to Slim while she uses a friendly tone to the timid human. Then she stand up and draw her riposte and with dramatic poses, she begin to recite their creed with a dramatic voice.

"Life is to be relished and lived with laughter, quests should be taken on a dare, impossible dreams should be pursued for the sheer wonder of their completion, and everyone should be praised for their strengths and comforted in their weaknesses." At least it's how I remember it... She laughs and gave another big sip of her mug.
"I have enough for room and board, now," Slim replies, glancing at Greta with a smile. "And it's already my job to look after you in any fights we come across." Slim takes a very large bite of his stew, and says, with his mouth full, "Here, Lilly, watch this:"

Slim stands up and takes a low stance, as if he's in combat. While still chewing his stew, Slim says, "Imagine you're in a fight with a bunch of goblins. You have one in melee with you, and two shooting arrows." Slim makes a gesture with his hand, and out of thin air appears a 5' heavily reinforced steel crate, right where Slim is standing. From within the illusory crate, Slim explains, "Now, the goblins can't see me, and they're probably too dumb to figure out it's an illusion; they'll probably look for an easier target. But I can see just fine from in here. Easy cover, as long as the enemy isn't too smart."

Slim steps out of the illusion and gestures again, dispelling the steel crate. He sits back down and resumes his meal. "So yeah, Lilly. I'll look out for you, and everyone else in our little band."
OOC

Old 08-02-2018, 02:01 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Eliza Heartly:
right-aligned image
Eliza was just coming back over to the table when Greta turned on her and offered to take a bath with her, she froze like a dear in sudden firelight, her eyes kinda large and her hands on the hilts of her daggers. She didn't like being surprised and made sure it never happened but this time, she wasn't ready. She quickly stammered, "Uh, uh..I'm ...My brother has cool spells too." She wasn't sure if that was the right answer but she then relaxed as she realized that wasn't the answer she was looking for, "I don't think I'm ready to start bathing one another..." She thumbs towards the stairs where she supposed her room was and kinda stumbled slightly, "I will eat after I am clean..." then stood there...kinda halfway between sitting down and going towards the stairs, awkwardly, "Brother?"

OOC:

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-04-2018 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Slim laughs louder than he has laughed in months at Greta's pronunciation of his spell. "From now on," he exclaims, "that is the name of the spell, as far as I'm concerned!" Slim proceeds to cast Prestidigeridoo on anything Greta or Lilly request, until Slim's tongue feels tied in knots from speaking the invocation so many times.

Then, when Greta innocently asks Slim about his scars, Slim's mirth suddenly leaves him. He tries to maintain the easygoing, fun attitude with an uncomfortable smile. Flashbacks of the savage beatings from the older boys haunt Slim's mind. Looking for a way out of this conversation, Slim laughs nervously and explains, '
Dice Deception:
1d20-1 (20)-1 Total = 19
Well, a couple of years ago, there was a big fire in one of the houses in my neighborhood. A woman lived there with her four children, but when I arrived at the scene, the woman was outside with two of her children and screaming hysterically into the burning building. I ran into the building, found the kids and helped them out of the house. But, just as I was sending the children out the door the ceiling collapsed on top of me, and I got smashed in the face. Almost died.'

Slim nods gravely at his heroism, and then tries to change the subject. "So, I guess we should start asking these folks about the goblins in this area. Let's just be careful that we don't start a riot, somehow."
OOC

Old 08-02-2018, 03:47 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta is as happy as she has been in... years, at the magical wonder of Slim's cleaning magics, watching the filth and dirt of the road fall away and disappear. Her armor is shining and clean, her boots feel dry and warm, even her hair is as perfect as if she just left the baths in the Rift, having been pampered by Svirfneblin servants. Ah, but that was a time long past, a life she cannot hope to regain.

However...

Greta's smile quickly fades as Slim's countenance rapidly changes. As he re-tells his story of heroics, delivered quite humbly, her hand moves up to cover her mouth.

"Oh, oh my..."

She moves her hand to cover his, looking him in the eye.

"Wear those scars with pride, any man who risks his life to save children, is a true man in my book. Not everyone can stand tall and proud with their scars."

Not anyone... so I thought, certainly not me.

Greta nods at Slim’s suggestion that they start talking to folk.

"Well, I’ve never been in a tavern where the barman didn’t know ‘bout everyone’s business. But,.. he’s a sour old bit knotwood. Best to loosen tongues with drinks."

She claps her hands again. "Gaston! Four tankards of ale!"

She drops a couple shards on the table and waits to be served, then takes all four and walks over to the fire and looks for the friendliest face in the room. "Who’s thirsty? Care to trade tales for ales?"
~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--

Last edited by Karhald; 08-02-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Lilly Ella Tuckson Windycut Gathergold.
right-aligned image
Lilly finishes her stew and hears their comrades with amused expression but one thing crossed her mind.

"This is interesting. I heard that dwarf have a fascination though beards but I didn't know of that extent... Anyway, it seems that scars are a good fashion to attract females dwarf too and the story of slim... wait a moment... I know how are burn scars.. Lilly got one from fighting a goblin and the scars on Slim's face doesn't seems one made for fire... maybe he know a secret magic that can protect from fire. Master Mistine got her elf magic called "bladesong". Maybe I can learn this magic too"
Her amazed face turned into one of curiosity as her eyes flashed a moment.

"Lilly have something to ask to Slim. Lilly have been curious about your history... Lilly got scars too and there aren't like yours though are scars made by fire.
Dice Insight roll:
1d20+1 (11)+1 Total = 12
So how are that your scars are different from Lilly?..."
Her childish voice in third person arises as she tries to hide her excitement.

OOC:

Last edited by J2B; 08-02-2018 at 11:46 AM.