Game Thread The Triboar Trilogy - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Triboar Trilogy
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 08-02-2018, 02:52 PM
theoryaction's Avatar
theoryaction theoryaction is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-27-2019
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
Posts: 2,554
left-aligned image
Slim answers Lilly's question quickly, "A wooden beam hit me in the face. I was knocked out, and I woke up a few days later, covered in bandages. Somehow, I didn't get burned, but I couldn't tell you how."

Determined to get away from the topic of his scar, Slim gets up and looks around the room for anyone who looks like they would know about goblins in the area. The constable would probably have the best information in town, but since he was here, he would find out what the other locals know.
OOC
 
 
__________________
Stormy - Amos - Jul - Slim - Hadrion
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-02-2018, 04:48 PM
J2B's Avatar
J2B J2B is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-01-2019
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Posts: 1,209
Lilly Ella Tuckson Windycut Gathergold.
right-aligned image
Lilly shows her disappointment and with a sigh she released her frustration when Slim abandoned the table.

"I thought he used a cool magic spell but it was just luck.... well it seems there are magic that is specific to some race like the bladesong magic of Mistine..." She turn his stare from the busy Slim to Greta, ready to start a conversation. "Anyway...., so, Greta. What do you think about our comrades? Slim is pretty interesting. Eliza, seemed so cute right now that Lilly wanted to tease a little. I wonder if we appear in her room and we assault her to take a bath together. Maybe we could find something interesting about her and her brother. I barely know anything about the siblings but she seems more easy to deal through... what do you say? or maybe I could use my minor illusion spell to play a little prank on her... She looked so nervous when you called her and her respond was saying was saying his brother new cool magic too... I wanted to burst out in a laugh but I contained.. barely..." She laughs with an amused expression.

OOC:

 

 

__________________
Post on day of the week. I take a Rest on weekends, so probably don't wait for me to respond.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is offline
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2020
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,362
Greta Silverdeep, before leaving the table to chat up the locals
left-aligned image
Greta shakes her head at the idea of playing a trick on Eliza. "I cannot condone that. She will warm up to us eventually, she is a survivor, like her brother, and survivors tend to be a little taciturn and slow to make friends. An action like you propose may be viewed as a betrayal of what little trust she has granted us. Betrayers are everywhere, and the worst of them wear the friendliest of faces. Let her be for now, I was hasty to invite her, as I don’t believe she has had the chance to enjoy the pleasures of a public bath."

Greta winks slyly at Lilly. "There a lot of Gnomes in The Rift, mostly Rock Gnomes and Svirfneblin. They’re a more serious sort, but still enjoy a prank or two. Best you keep your shenanigans to she gestures to herselfsomeone who can appreciate the humor. Oh, and you'll have to tell me about this Mistine you keep mentioning. That will be a good tale for the bath, let's go over there."

She beckons Lilly to join her in chatting with the locals.

"Slim is right, we need information, join me. Slim, you be sure to eat your fill and rest a bit. If you need anything, I’ll be over there."
~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--
     
 

 
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 08-02-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Berith Berith is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2020
RPXP: 8456
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Posts: 4,160
Alaric Heartly
right-aligned image
"That poor boy's going to be fetching hot water all night if Liza has her way," Alaric thought, chuckling. That girl could stay in the bath for days. Shaking his head ruefully, he sat down at the table with his food and observed his new companions. The dusky-skinned Gnome, Lilly, was something else. Exotic. A little strange. And there was going to be back washing later. He was intrigued, and leaned forward, ready to speak. His sister spoke first.

"I will eat after I am clean...Brother?" Alaric snapped back into reality. "You go have your bath, Liza...I might finish my dinner and linger here for a bit, I think." Lilly had said something before about impossible dreams. He wondered what hers was.

Turning some of his attention to his dinner, Alaric waited for a chance to enter the conversation.

OOC
 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-04-2018, 01:47 AM
Arthilian01's Avatar
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 is offline
Chaotic Good Red Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-05-2020
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Posts: 10,380
Eliza Heartly:
right-aligned image
Elizanods to her brother's response and moves to stand beside him, laying a hand on his shoulder, "I'll see that the boy brings fresh water for your bath then I'll get my bedroll laid out, You get the bed." Yes, she hadn't paid for her room but intended to share a room with her brother, she had a thing about beds, she preferred sleeping on the hard ground with naught but her bedroll than a mattress. She gives the others a little smile and Alaric a quick peck on the forehead before letting his shoulder go and headed towards the stairs, easily taking them two at a time until her heavy footfalls receded.

OOC:
 

__________________
-Oath of Sangus ||

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-10-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is offline
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2020
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,362
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta walks up to the Dwarf who is sitting alone and places the tankards of ale in front of him.

"Evening, I am Faenor Greta Silverdeep, at yer service," she gestures to the twin silver rings of Berronar Truesilver that hang about her neck, "mind if I be joinin’ ye?"

~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--
     
 

 
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 08-04-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-05-2018, 02:27 AM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-13-2020
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
The dwarf uses a hand gesture to beckon Greta to sit. He says in Dwarvish, " Lassie, if you're buying, you are most welcome to sit. Few of the kin pass thru this hole- even fewer of your clansfolk. What brings you here?Lassie, ma tha thu a 'ceannach, tha filte chridheil ort suidhe. Chan eil mran de na cirdean a 'dol tron ​​toll seo - eadhon nas lugha de na daoine aig a bheil na cinnidhean agad. D a bheir thu an seo?" Before Greta replies he continues, " But where are my manners. I am Flint Frostforge. Welcome to this urine pot of a town. Need smith work, that would be me. And you are?
Ach cite a bheil mo mhodh. 'S e gela reta cruaidh glas a th' annamsa. Filte chun a 'phoit ir seo de bhaile. Feum air obair ghobha, bhiodh sin dhomhsa. Agus tha thu?
"

Last edited by Martyn; 08-05-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is offline
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2020
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,362
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta beams at hearing Flint's introduction and proffer of company, sits down across him and happily places the mugs between them.

"Master Frostforge, a pleasure indeed. I'd say your clan name is quite fitting in this land. I'm quite far from my home, I must say. Originally from deep in the Shining South, the Great Rift where tales of cold like this are told only to scare children from acting selfishly, lest they be sent to torment in the planes of ice.Maighstir Frostforge, tlachd raidh. Tha mi ag rdh gu bheil ainm a 'chinnidh gu math freagarrach anns an fhearann seo. Tha mi gu math fada bho mo dhachaigh, feumaidh mi a rdh. An toiseach bho dhoimhneachd anns an t-Sliabh a Deas, an far a bheil sgeulachdan mu fhuar mar seo air an innse ach airson eagal a thoirt do chloinn bho bhith ag obair gu m-fhortanach, air eagal gun tid an cur gu pos ann am planaichean deigh."

She shudders a bit, it's warmer in the tavern, but the shoddy construction allows far too many drafts of icy winds to penetrate and assault her skin.

"Greatly prefer being under the mountain, that's for certain, cooler than the surface of the Shaar, warmer than the... here. Why I'm here? Sometimes I wonder that meself, but I go where the am mthair Mr guides my eyes. I felt the need to travel, find Folk who needed me, and looked at a map. My eyes were drawn to Triboar, so that's where my home is now. Came up here with those fine folks over there,Is fherr leam a bhith fon bheinn, tha sin gu snraichte, nas fhuaire na uachdar an t-Searrach nas blithe na an seo. Carson a tha mi an seo? Uaireannan tha mi a 'smaointinn gu bheil mi fhin, ach tha mi a' dol far a bheil an mthair math a 'stiireadh mo shilean. Bha mi a 'faireachdainn gu robh feum air siubhal, lorg mi Dthchas a dh'fheumadh mi, agus choimhead mi air mapa. Chaidh mo shilean a tharraing gu Triboar, mar sin far a bheil mo dhachaigh a-nis. Thinig mi an seo le na daoine breagha a bha an sin,", she gestures to Slim, Alaric and Lilly "and one other, I believe she went to her room already. We're here to take a look into rumors of goblin troubles. What have you heard?agus aon eile, tha mi a 'creidsinn gun deach i chun an t-semair aice mar-th, gus sil a thoirt air frinn mu dhuilgheadasan."

~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--
     
 

 
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-06-2018, 04:36 AM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-13-2020
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
Scrtching his head, Flint The goblins , they have attacked at least half a dozen caravans, preferring those that are weakly guarded. I mind my own business, so more I don't know.says, "Tha na goblins, air ionnsaigh a thoirt air co-dhi leth dusan carabhan, agus tha iad a 'crdadh riuthasan a tha gu math donach. Tha mi mothachail air mo ghnomhachas fhn, agus mar sin chan eil fios agam tuilleadh." Pointing at a trio of humans at another table, he Those three would know more. Brynn the carpenter, the wiry one with the hammer, he especially likes to gossip. If anyone knows anything worth knowing about the goblins, it's them.continues, "Bhiodh fios aig na tr sin barrachd. Brynn an saor, fear leis an rd, tha e gu snraichte didheil air a bhith a 'gilan. Ma tha fios aig duine sam bith a dh 'fhiach fios a bhith agad mu na goblins, is e sin iad." "But before you go getting yourself killed- Seth! You crotchety old skinflint! Two more ales on me."

Last edited by Martyn; 08-06-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-06-2018, 06:59 AM
theoryaction's Avatar
theoryaction theoryaction is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-27-2019
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
Posts: 2,554
left-aligned image
Slim looks over the crowd in the common room, and he spots a table with three very manly-looking men sitting and talking. Those look like the type of men that have seen a few goblin skirmishes.

Slim walks up to the table and says, without preamble or greeting, "My name is Slim, and I like killing goblins. Maybe you gentlemen could point me in the direction of some."
OOC
 
 
__________________
Stormy - Amos - Jul - Slim - Hadrion
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-13-2020
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
"I hope them people that came in with you are gonna help you out. No offense, but you a bit on the skinny side to be takin' on a bunch of goobos all by your lonesome."

"Now Thorn- he looks like he could be on the sneaky side. Creeping up and slicing a throat don't need that much muscle."


Frida Greatheart enters the tavern.

"Still- there be safety in numbers. Anyway, names Brynn, Brynn Copperhold. Them be Thorn Farwalker and Dain Quickfellow. You're probably asking about that pesky tribe that moved into the area about 3 months back. Nasty peiece of work them goblins- here tell that the tribe is led by an especially vicious goblin chief. But you wanna know where they at- I'd think you be wanting to ask Dawn Mistwalker. He claims to know where they be hiding at."


After overhearing Brynn, Frida bellows, "I've have already told you troublemakers to not stir up the goblins! The goblins have so far left Melton alone – any kind of attack might provoke a hostile response toward the village."

Last edited by Martyn; 08-06-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-06-2018, 09:27 AM
theoryaction's Avatar
theoryaction theoryaction is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-27-2019
RPXP: 4006
theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction theoryaction
Posts: 2,554
left-aligned image
Slim shrugs and nods in agreement with Thorn and Dain, and he listens carefully as Brynn explains the situation with the goblins. A smile grows on Slims face, as he believes he has found the next step in their quest, but when he hears the bellow of the corpulent constable, the smile shrivels and falls away.

Slim stands up straight and clears his throat. "Uh, sorry about that, Miss Frida. I forgot that you said that. It won't happen again, I promise." Then, while maintaining a smile for Frida, Slim subtly makes a gesture with his hand and casts Minor Illusion. He creates the sound of his own voice next to Flynn's ear, quiet enough that only Flynn can hear it, but loud enough that the sound is clear over the racket of the inn. The voice says, "I would like to meet Dawn Mistwalker. Can you tell me where I can find him?"
OOC
 
 
__________________
Stormy - Amos - Jul - Slim - Hadrion

Last edited by theoryaction; 08-06-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is offline
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2020
RPXP: 4567
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,362
Greta Silverdeep
left-aligned image
Greta, seeing the unfolding mess now that Frida is there to crush any attempt at proper information retrieval, holds her holy symbol and utters a prayer to Berronar.

"Greatmother Guidance on coming Persuasion rollbless my clumsy tongue, let me use the words of the Hearthkeeper to convince this woman to take action to save the town."

Greta waves to get Frida's attention.

"Constable Greatheart, from what I'm heard, the goblins have already made advances to threaten Melton. Six caravans have been ransacked already because of inadequate guard? It sounds to me... it sounds like they're just getting started. You may fear the goblins getting riled up, I fear they're just building their strength until they're ready to tear down your palisade."

She looks around the tavern.

"How much food do you have in these walls? How long could Melton survive a siege? How well could those walls survive burning pitch? Goblins do love using pitch. Constable, you may fear getting them riled up, but I'm sorry to tell you, they're already riled up. By letting them to their devices, they'll just be better prepared for the assault that I guarantee you is coming."

She stands up and walks up to the big Dwarven woman, Greta with hands on her hips and fire in her eyes.

"Or do you want to just wait for the inevitable?
Dice Persuasion plus Guidance:
d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
d4t 4 Running Total = 10
Help us with information that we can use to cripple the goblin tribe's strength, or at least let us help prepare Melton for the coming assault."

~Greta Silverdeep~
AC
HP
Channel
Spells
ConcentrationEffects
16(+2)
11/11
0/0
2/first level2
--
--
 

 
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 08-06-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Martyn's Avatar
Martyn Martyn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-13-2020
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
Posts: 539
"Well, to get to Dawn's hut you want to..."


"Flynn don't you be helping these roustabouts cause trouble for the town. If... "


"Oh shut up Frida- no law against givin directions to somebody's house. Besides, what they do outside of Melton ain't your buisness especially if they be gettin rid of them pesks. Public service it is."

"Got to say he's right Frida. They is gonna do what they do- no sense arguing. Look here stranger, just follow me. I'll take you yo Dawn.."


Frida Greatheart gives a great big huff, but says no more.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-07-2018, 06:04 PM
J2B's Avatar
J2B J2B is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-01-2019
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Posts: 1,209
Lilly Ella Tuckson Windycut Gathergold.
right-aligned image
Lilly Saw the scene in silence, amused by the fact the her real journey will begun. outside were the conversation escalated to something worthy to be seeing. She looks to Alaric with complicity eyes.

Lilly wanted to ask you about your cool magic but it seems that Greta and Slim found something more interesting to join so Lilly think her bath will have to wait. She said with an optimistic tone of voice that reflected her inner curiosity and desire to experience the scene in a closer distance Do you care to join? Well... If you want, Lilly will be with Greta and the Carnival wizard. She said with a joking tone.

Lilly walks to the source of discussion and with a friendly side hug, she close to Greta, smiling to the Dwarf while her face close to her, like if both were buddy of all times.

Greta!, you meanie! If you will have fun, invite Lilly too. I want to join this party too! So, would you care to tell Lilly what she missed out? She asks to Greta in a complicity tone.

OOC:

 

 

__________________
Post on day of the week. I take a Rest on weekends, so probably don't wait for me to respond.

Last edited by J2B; 08-07-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB