Game Thread Chapter 1 - The Lost Colony - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wodine's Games > The Founding
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 4323
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 1,608
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image


Jurgen was quiet as he went about the camp site gathering the bodies of the fallen undead, a stern look etched upon his features as he laid them in a row next to their would-be grave site. A part of him was absolutely revolted by the act of carrying the foul smelling bodies, but that was tempered by the sobering reality of the colonists' fate. The paladin could not help but imagine the scenario in which one moment, these people had been living their lives as best they could, trying to build a home in this new land, only for their lives to be snatched away and their bodies twisted into these corrupted forms.

For a brief moment, he wondered to himself what could possibly bring somebody to do this to another living being, a fate which he would not wish on even the most irredeemable of villains. Then in the next moment, he heard the voice of his teacher, the winged helmet now fluttering beside him as if she had read his very thoughts. To be fair, the connection the two shared was close enough to it to allow deeper insight into each other's feelings.

"THE ONLY PATH FOR US NOW IS FORWARD, YOUNG AVENGER. THE 'WHY' MATTERS NOT, ONLY THE RETRIBUTION!" That hardly made Jurgen feel any better, but he had not expected it to. Hervor was not one to coddle, and the noble's son had to admit that he had needed the strict instruction to make any kind of progress at all with his development.

"Understood." Jurgen placed down another body. "I doubt whoever it was could come up with a convincing argument anyway. Would love to see them try though."

Seeing Theo begin fiddling with the Any-Tool, Jurgen set down his pack and began to rummage through to find his own copy of the device. After a moment of fiddling, bending and twisting the bar of metal into the shape of a shovel, he turned to address his familiar.

"Teacher, I believe there is a task for you while we attend to this."

"YES?" If Hervor's current form had included a pair of eyes, they would have been watching the knight expectantly.

"We need to let the people on the Blue Lily know what's happening. The Captain, the Governor, everybody. Fly back to the ship and tell them what we've found." Jurgen began to dig alongside the bearded warrior, eager to get the bodies buried and out of sight. "If anybody else has a message they wish to relay, let Hervor know. Do not worry about giving her too much, she has quite the memory."

"I SHALL FLY WITH THE UTMOST HASTE!" The angelic familiar hovered there for a moment, waiting to see if anybody had any other requests for missives before she departed for the Blue Lily.

"Also, while you're on the ship, do you think you could get me some-"

"NO."

"...fair enough." Jurgen went back to digging, not pushing the matter further.









 


 

Last edited by Crocodile; 10-24-2018 at 06:38 PM.
  #77  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 36218
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 12,894
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
A smile comes to Corrivander’s face as he is able to pull out a matching tool. " It’s three clicks to the right, then a half twist, and then you pull out the handle" he advises as he manoevres his own into place, But just as he is about to start digging. Jurgen speaks his plan to send his familiar with a message and he stops, handing his shovel to one of the larger, stronger companions.

"Oh my, such a short message? No, no, no, that is not enough," Corrivander replies as he pulls out a piece of paper, ink pot and quill and begins writing. His hand moves with incredibly skilled precision, each stroke of his quill creating a perfect character in tiny print. He writes in detail as he explains all that they have seen as well as what their plans are, ensuring that there is no confusion, but his skillful use of words and the small size of his writing enables him to encapsulate all of it on a quarter sheet of parchment.

Satisfied with his work, he folds the parchment in half to create a crease before tearing it and then rolls the small missive into an easy to carry bundle.

"Will it be OK for him to go alone? I mean, will he be able to find us again? And is it dangerous?" The halfling asks, a bit concerned that something may happen if familiar and master are separated for an extended period.

"If it is a problem, I do have a word that may be able to convince one of the nearby birds to send our message." he says as he opens the back of his rucksack and pulls out a small scroll which he unfurls, nodding in confirmation as he glances at his contents.

 

Last edited by Squeak; 10-25-2018 at 06:27 AM.
  #78  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 PM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 4323
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 1,608
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image
 


"Your concern truly warms the heart, Mr. Bookbinder, but that will not be necessary. "Jurgen flashed Corrivander a genuine smile of gratitude returning to his digging. "As long as we let her know where we're going, I have the utmost confidence she'll find us again. Believe me, I've tried to lose her many a time, and that was even before she could fly." The paladin glanced down at his armor, grimacing at the sight of dirt and grime as he continued his current task. "Oh bother, this is going to take an eternity to clean."

"YOU WILL NOT BE RID OF ME UNTIL THE RIGHTEOUS ONE DEEMS YOU UNWORTHY."

"Lucky me... all things being equal, Hervor is more than up to the task. You can save your words for the next horrifying discovery we make. Now, seeing as my winged mentor is lacking in any limbs to carry your note, feel free to stick it in her visor. I am almost positive it will not hamper her vision. I think. Never was quite sure how that worked."

"IF I MUST. WORDSMITH, YOUR MESSAGE, PLEASE!" Hervor's visor snapped open as she came flying to Corrivander's side, hovering in place before the halfling and waiting to accept the written missive.




 


 
  #79  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:52 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 7631
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,167
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

Catrin doesn't have much to say. She nods in agreement with the other's plan. They were right: even if a pyre felt more appropriate, they did not have time to do that. Nor would it be good to attract the attention of the colonists on the boat...

Instead Catrin offers to take a turn digging the hole in silence. She keeps a wary eye at the Keep when it is not her turn.

Finally, she speaks, "Whoever did this, you think they are still unaware of our presence here? I am not sure we will have much advantage in the way of surprises when the creature's creator finds his scarecrows have been knocked over."


OOC
 

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
  #80  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 AM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,317
left-aligned image


Hawke takes his turn at digging at well and keeping watch when he isn't. He then sighs and shakes his head. He can't believe he didn't even think of that. "Good point, didn't even think of that. Should have."


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #81  
Old 10-25-2018, 05:51 AM
AximusLokar's Avatar
AximusLokar AximusLokar is offline
Chaos Bacon Whale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Posts: 10,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalarangreen View Post
"Whoever did this, you think they are still unaware of our presence here? I am not sure we will have much advantage in the way of surprises when the creature's creator finds his scarecrows have been knocked over."
left-aligned image
Cina looked back from the perimeter where she was keeping watch, trusting more in the sharpness of her eyes than the strength of her arms. "Hard to say, but to be fair they're not wrong. If there is some cackling creep controlling these things then no reason to call more attention to ourselves sooner than necessary."

OoC/Actions
 
  #82  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:33 AM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 36218
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 12,894
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
"Well then..." Corrivander says awkwardly as the helmet flies over to him and opens it's visor, preparing to accept the missive.

The sage simply can't help but to take a moment to peek into the helmet, almost surprised to find nothing there. It was a strange magic, strange, interesting and undoubtedly beneficial.

"Perhaps when you return, good helmet, you would allow me to study you for a bit? I would be interested in understanding how it was you were made. And perhaps during that time, I could provide a nice coat of wax and grease?" the aim able halfing says as drops the note into the visor of the helmet. As he releases the note, he quickly jerks his head down to see if it falls through, but he smiles as the note somehow stays in place.

"I wonder what it is that makes you a her rather than a him or even an it?

Wow... Fascinating. Just facinating."
he says, thoughts of their recent encounter seemingly vanishing from the diminutive librarian's memory as he is able to interact with something so intelligent and unique.

Shaking his head, he steps away and salutes the helmet, believing that a sentient artifact such as this would appreciate a military gesture of respect. Once the helmet flies away, he turns to the others.

"Shall we finish our search? If we can find one of these homes that is habitable, it would be a far more comfortable way to spend the night than a wind-swept peak." he suggests.

 

 

Last edited by Squeak; 10-25-2018 at 06:52 AM.
  #83  
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 17847
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,937
Scared Crows
Currently
Date 20th of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Evening
Weather Pleasant 22 *C

The battle was over and a plan had been decided. The small winged angel speed along her way towards the secondary site, where hopefully the Blue Lily was having better luck than vanguard.

Slowly but surely the ground gave way to the shovels, and a whole was dug and bodies unceremoniously dumped within and covered back up. A proper funeral would have to wait, this would at the very least, inhibit any attempts to reraise the creatures as servants.

As the last few shovels of dirt the brilliant angel makes her way to the group, a note shove in each of the eyelets.

Unfurling the first, it appears to be a hand-written note:

Landlubbers,

Ye captain and all ye mates have been festooned with ropes and made ta walk the plankÖ

Iím just kidding, weíre fine. The secondary site is completely abandoned.

It doesnít look like any colonists ever decided to come here.

Weíll sail back in the morning, should be there by dusk tomorrow. The governor wants you to clean out the structures ASAP. Once we get bodies on the ground we can sure up the defenses, but the colonists arenít going to be able to handle the undead Ė Iím sorry to hear about that, but we must press on.

For the Imperial Imperial Crown is another name for the gold piece.Crown(s)

Ingersoll

PS Gherla sent you a gift.

Passing off the note from the captain, you inspect the second missive. This one is written in blocky script, clearly by a hand well versed in runic writing.

Itís a scroll with a note scrawled on the top.

Contents: Scroll of a Sending Ė Message captain when safe to anchor. <3 Gherla

With the return of the messages and the last few pats of dirt covering the grave it appears the next thing to be done is to find shelter.
OoCObtained one scroll; Sending
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Minor delays on my part - please standby.
  #84  
Old 10-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 36218
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 12,894
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
Corrivander accepts the letter from the flying helmet, once again taking the time to look over the incredible sentient device in awe.

He unfurls the letter, the corners of his mouth upturning as he reads the captains joke at the beginning of the message. Once he scans the letter, he then reads it to the others, masterfully mimicking the gruff voice of the Captain as he does so.

When he finishes reading the letter, the helmet then drops out a scroll to the ground, which Corrivander quickly picks up. A strange looks crosses his face as he picks up the scroll, seeming to be a cross between desire, avarice and excitement. He unfurls this scroll and scans it’s contents, although a confused expression comes across his face.

"It is a scroll of sending, which will enable us to contact the Captain when it is time. But I am confused as to why he, or I guess Gherla, has sent this? We have already established a viable method of communication and it is a quite valuable item, one that is better used for long distances instead of short ones. Would be a waste to use it when they are only in the harbor, particularly when we have other methods of letting them know,"

Shrugging, he takes both the note and the unfurled scroll and absently tosses them into the top of his rucksack, confident that it’s magic would keep the items neatly organized so it would be easy to remove,

"The light is falling, let’s make our way towards the nearest of the cabins. But before we do, let me scout ahead. If the cabin is occupied, we should be prepared for it." he advises the others.

He then holds out the sleeve of his shirt upwards as he mutters a single word into the silken fabric. "Clairaudience".

The sleeve begins glowing with runes, which Corrivander begins reading, his nimble tongue dancing over the enchanted words with the grace of a dancer. The runes flare into life as the spell takes place and Corrivander closes his eyes as he shifts to magical sight, his vision moving to the middle of the distant cabin. He speaks aloud, telling the others what his magical sight allows him to see in the cabin.

 

 

Last edited by Squeak; 10-26-2018 at 10:56 PM.
  #85  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:01 AM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,317
left-aligned image


Hawke rests a bit after the digging. When the letter is read, he shakes his head. Then the scroll is revealed. "They are cowards, they will wait in the water while we do what we can. Seems we are expendable. The scroll is probably for an emergency too perhaps."

When the halfling takes lead, Hawke just shrugs. "I'll take the rear then."


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."

Last edited by Seekr34; 10-27-2018 at 12:02 AM.
  #86  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:09 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 7631
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,167
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

"Cowards? Or perhaps they are prudent. You were on the ships with us. While we may be expendable resources, particularly in the eyes of Governor Cecil, they are correct: causing panic among the colonists will only serve to make survival in these lands more difficult. Morale is not a power to be underestimated."

Catrin ponders their situation before making a suggestion.

"Do we intend to make rest here in enemy territory? If so, did anyone bring a rope? I learned a trick from a witch doctor in the Wastes which might come in handy tonight."


OOC
 

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
  #87  
Old 10-27-2018, 03:20 AM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,317
left-aligned image


Hawke cocks his head a bit. "I have rope, but I thought we were heading to the cabins?" He holds the coil of rope and you see that it's not your ordinary rope. For one, looks thinner and the biggest difference that its blood red. "Careful, this isn't cheap, it's Bloodvine."


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #88  
Old 10-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 24658
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 8,078
Theo
left-aligned image
Theo joined in as Catrin chastised the ranger. "You say cowards, I say civilians. We have our place and they have theirs. Do any of you know how to plant, cultivate, harvest, and rotate a colony's worth of food?" He scanned the group and purposefully avoided Bookbinder's gaze, knowing full well that halfling likely did and would regale them at length. "They do, that's why they are here. We're here to make sure no one bothers them while they do."

The man folded up his shovel, following the bard's instructions in reverse. "Dont worry Master Hawke, you and I will have a cushy job atop a wall any week now. Then, Kayl be willing, we'll be the ones doing nothing."

Theo followed the group up the hill to the closest building and got his sword at the ready. He had no idea what the halfling intended to find in there, but he was glad they could find out from here. He rubbed his freshly healed wrist. He was going to be sore enough tomorrow as it was. The last thing he wanted was another fight on his hands. The mercenary's attention focused on Catrin, curious as to what she had in mind with Hawke's rope. Bianca had taught him a few rope tricks on their journey here, but this was neither the time nor the place for them.



 

 
__________________
Tug of War needs YOU!
Enlist Today!
  #89  
Old 10-27-2018, 05:50 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 17847
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,937
Scared Crows
Currently
Date 20th of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Evening
Weather Pleasant 22 *C

The abonded cabin is barren on the inside. Sparsely decorated with a few meager items - this isn't unexpected after all, they had only been here a short while, what luxuries were they likely to find?

Conveniently there was nothing which looked alive anywhere within Corri's magical sight, and there appeared to be a small fire-pit for cooking and warmth in the winter plus many uncomfortable looking wood framed bunk beds made from rough hewed wood.

It would be adequate for the night, as the sun was setting and the twin moons were beginning to rise.
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Minor delays on my part - please standby.
  #90  
Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 36218
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 12,894
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
Corrivander wanted to reply to Theo, to explain that he had read several books on the cultivating food and would be able to help guide the settlers when they came ashore. He actually felt that he would be far more comfortable among the settlers, rather than being paired up with these fine warriors. But he knew Theoís comments were meant to be rhetorical, that he was simply explaining why they were here to ensure as an advance scouting group and the settlers were safely on the ship. It would be foolish to push this subject, so he instead merely nodded in agreement and changed the subject.

"Even though I saw nothing in the cabin, I would advise caution. There was only one window, so the light was not the greatest. The spell also did not allow me to inspect the exterior of the cabin, so who knows...." he explains to the others.

"I would suggest we do not use a fire, but I do have a few minor word that may add to our comfort, allowing us to warm our food without creating a fire. I would advise eating and getting settled in before we use Catrinís rope trick." he advises, touching the fine bloodline with interest, having never seen the fine crafted rope. He had brought some of his own hemp rope, but it paled in comparison to the quality.

 

 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB