Game Thread Chapter 1 - The Lost Colony - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wodine's Games > The Founding
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 11-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,313
left-aligned image


After not finding any creatures around, nor any tracks, Hawke breathes a bit easier. He looks at the graves and sighs with relief that the creatures they killed are still dead. The others talk about burning it all and it's sound reason to do so and he looks around once more and rubs his goatee.

He suddenly turns his head quickly to his group. "Hold it, I just had a thought. Say we do burn it all, and we leave to on our way and then the next day, this land changes once again. I rather come back to something familiar. With all this magical and changing going on, it seems nothing is set in stone around here. At least not until I we find out who or what is the cause of all of this."


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #122  
Old 11-07-2018, 02:19 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 7631
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,166
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

Catrin nods, "I understand where you are coming from Hawke, but do we really want to risk the chance that it will grow into a giant-man-eating flower later?" Catrin is unsure of what dangers were in this land, but she wasn't about to leave this undead flower to its own devices. She takes a moment to investigate Detect Magic + Knowledge Checksthe magical energies around the flower. Was this truly the source of the magical forest growth? Or were they just correlated by happenstance? It seemed surprising that only the small undead flower would grow only here but the rest of the forest sprouted so wildly around them.

"Let us do what we must to destroy the flower as quickly as possible," Catrin suggests, "Then let us explore the Keep while we still have the opportunity."


OOC
 

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; 11-07-2018 at 02:19 AM.
  #123  
Old 11-07-2018, 03:25 AM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,313
left-aligned image


Hawke scratches the back of his head after Catrin spoke and he looks at the flower. "Damn...damn we do, damn we don't." he nods with a sigh. "I guess you are right, if it's normal plant, I wouldn't worry, but after what's going on, who knows. I guess burning it would be best after all."


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #124  
Old 11-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 24639
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 8,043
Theo
left-aligned image
Theo listened to the group as they discussed the disturbing rotting flower. On the one hand, a fire was one of the few ways he knew to cleanse evil, on the other hand, he couldn't think of a better way to alert a potential enemy of their location. In the end, he remained silent and let the others do as they will. In all likelihood, their enemy already knew they were here. Something with the power to instantly sprout a forest was more than capable of finding a few lone mercenaries.

The deed done, he addressed the group. "The Many willing, that will be the least pleasant thing we'll do today. Master Bauer, could Hervor lead us to the keep from the air? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this place fooled us into walking in circles or some such witchery. "





 

 
__________________
Tug of War needs YOU!
Enlist Today!
  #125  
Old 11-08-2018, 04:40 AM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 4273
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 1,603
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image
 


"A pity. It actually looks rather pretty in its own way... though the smell leaves much to be desired." Jurgen was wishing he had brought one of his silk kerchiefs on the voyage, but made do with covering his nose as he approached the flower for a closer look, though he stayed a good twenty feet away from the plant as he observed. He could not sense any malicious aura from the plant, and nobody was mentioning anything in regards to magic, so whatever this strange flower was, it seemed to be mundane in nature. That it had grown from the grave itself was a tad worrying however, and after the mysterious sprouting trees, the paladin was not inclined to argue the point too much. Though he still had his ideas.

"Perhaps if I had the time, I could get a proper sketch going of this, for posterity's sake. Could go quite well with this design I'm putting together, though the flies will most definitely have to go. Then we could- oh, what was that? Hervor? Yes, yes, certainly." The noble's son waved down his teacher, who was still watching from the sky, while simultaneously conveying the emotion of urgency to grab the angel's attention. She descended once again on feathered wings to meet the group below. Jurgen then proceeded to explain what it was the group had decided to do, and asked if she could continue watching from the sky to ensure nothing else popped up on the island to move them off course on the way to the keep.

"I SEE. DO WHAT YOU MUST, THEN PROCEED QUICKLY. VENGEANCE SHALL NOT BE DENIED!" She flew back into the air, continuing her circling pattern above the group, continuing to keep an eye out for any danger.

"Yes, we'll be quick. Oh well, I suppose I can sketch it from memory when I have the time." Jurgen kept his eyes on the flower as the others got to work trying to burn it, not in any hurry to get closer to the stench or the flies.






 



 


 

Last edited by Crocodile; 11-08-2018 at 04:42 AM.
  #126  
Old 11-10-2018, 02:47 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 17847
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,926
Scared Crows
Currently
Date 21st of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Noon
Weather Pleasant 23 *C

It was an easy enough task setting fire to the plants. The embers quickly spread to the vines, which quickly encircling the single standing flower. The flames licked at the sides, almost struggling to engulf the wicked smelling thing, but finally it too began to succumb to the cleansing by fire. It almost seemed as if the air grew more rotten smelling as it burned, adding a singed scent which was previously missing.

The healthy grass and trees were slightly charred but none caught fire, but the patch of earth which covered the graves of those killed yesterday was only embers, soot, and ash.

The march towards the keep seemed simple enough. With Hervor above the tree line and a slow marching order beneath it was rougher terrain than expected but there were minimal other surprises. The landscape wasn’t shifting, nor did the tree change upon a whim.

Cina stops for a moment, something is wrong with her familiar. It is disturbed in a way that she has never felt before, and soon she finds it cowering? Can a plant even cower? Before she is able to truly assess what, this means and understand the implications a large tree trunk comes hurtling through the air, crashing into the ground next to her. Shaken and stunned she quickly surveys the surrounding area, after all, that wasn’t natural.

It would appear the forest itself had come alive and was prepared to destroy them. Strange human like trees were gliding through the forest towards them at an astonishing speed, while a much larger oaken looking tree monster stood near the keep, another tree trunk already in his hand.

The strangest thing however, was slammed into the ground about ten feet in front of the massive hulking tree beast. A crystal orb set into the ground, glowing softly – what could its purpose be? And would it matter if the tree beasts were able to flay them alive?

OoCAll enemies possess concealment in the forest.
Cina may act, then me, then everyone.
Also, please try not to move south, you are at the edge of the map.
 
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Minor delays on my part - please standby.
  #127  
Old 11-11-2018, 02:06 PM
AximusLokar's Avatar
AximusLokar AximusLokar is offline
Chaos Bacon Whale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Posts: 10,769
left-aligned image
'Too strong!' a voice cried in Cina's head.

"What?" Looking around for what was causing her little flower's distress she noticed the humanoid trees moving towards them. "Oh."

'They feel wrong!'

"It seems our hidden antagonist has a theme." Throwing her left hand out to the side a watery shield appeared a few inches from her shoulder, then split into three as it began to circle around her. "Nature turned unnatural."

Taking a few cautious steps forwards she angled the shields to resist the coming charge and shouted "Don't let them surround you!"

OoC/ActionsStandard: Cast Defending Bone
  • DR 5/-Bludgeon (25 Reduction Max)
Move: Move 10' North

On the off-chance these are undead like the previous ones (the skulls seem to suggest maybe) :
Knowledge (Religion): 13


 

Last edited by AximusLokar; 11-11-2018 at 02:08 PM.
  #128  
Old 11-11-2018, 03:46 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 17847
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,926
Scared Crows
Currently
Date 21st of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Noon
Weather Pleasant 23 *C

Cina moves forward and takes a defensive position absorbing, but almost instantly the tree creatures unleash a volley of claws, branch, and tree trunk which leaves the heroes battered and bruised.

The hulking monstrosity in the back throws a sapling through the air, which slams into Cina, knocking her off balance as the strange tree apparations glide through the forest, one of them sinking its razor-sharp claws into the small magus.

The rest slam into the party, with claw and branch sinking into Hawke, Theo, and the meek Corrivander.

Now that the tree monstrosities are up close, it is apparent hat though they have two legs and two arms, there is nothing humanoid about them save their shape. Their eyes burn with a hateful malevolence and their claws are sticky with a putrid sap which burns both flesh and soul.

There was no turning back creatures such as this – it is destroy or be destroyed.

OoCAll enemies possess concealment in the forest.
Hawke, Theo, Cina, and Corrivander must make a DC 16 Fort save or be paralyzed for d2 rounds.
Everyone may act.
Also, please try not to move south, you are at the edge of the map.
 
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Minor delays on my part - please standby.
  #129  
Old 11-11-2018, 05:09 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 7631
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,166
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

"More trees of undeath? Some lich has a strange fascination with nature," Catrin notes. She is shocked when Cina darts past her to take the brunt of the first of the twisted creatures strikes. Shocked and grateful. "Thank you Cina!"

The few moments Cina bought her gave Catrin an opportunity to begin her chant, "Heed the anger of the ancients and let the blood boil and rage!Bha eagal air fearg nan seann daoine agus leig leis an fhuil a bhith a 'goil agus a' giùlan!"

Simultaneously, she backs away from the left flank, positioning herself close to Theo. She knew he could handle himself in a fight well, and she had a few spells that could help him tear through the bark of the forest's onslaught. For the moment, though, Catrin needed to take a moment to make sure she was prepared to join the fray.


OOC
 

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; 11-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.
  #130  
Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,313
left-aligned image


Hawke moves back at the sudden attack. He always felt at home in the forest but right now, he feels like in some foreign land, and he is being hunted.
 


He draws his greatsword, thinking it would do better damage against trees than arrows. He moves closer to Cina, his blade raised. "We're gonna need a bigger fire!"

OOC: Very hard to read neon green

 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."

Last edited by Seekr34; 11-11-2018 at 06:28 PM.
  #131  
Old 11-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 36201
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 12,884
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
Corrivander groans in frustration as the group was once again beset by enchanted trees. The evil within them was palpable and he wondered if they were somehow alive. But regardless, creatures such as this would be resistant to most, if not all of my magic. he realizes.

Knowing he could not waste time, he calls out encouragement to the others as he launches his own attack, the delicate blades of his starknife cutting into branch and bark.

"If we were but one, we would fall today. If there were two of us, we would help defend ourselves. But there are half a dozen of us, all standing together -- and a sixfold cord is not easily broken. We will defeat these beasts and find their master, and we will not fail!" he bellows to the others.

 


 

Last edited by Squeak; 11-12-2018 at 11:00 AM.
  #132  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 24639
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 8,043
Theo
left-aligned image
Theo grunted as the plant creature crashed into him. Sap leaked into the joints of his armor. He could feel it hardening, slowing his movements. A moment later, Catrin appeared at his side, her intoxicating words surging strength into his muscles.

With a short cry, he burst the hardening sap and lashed out against his attacker. "BE GONE CREATURES. THIS PLACE BELONGS TO THE RACES OF MAN. ORAMAK WILL HAVE HIS DUE!"

He swung his sword down and back, trying to take the creature at the shoulder and knees as memories of long-dead barbarians played at the edge of his consciousness.


 

 
__________________
Tug of War needs YOU!
Enlist Today!

Last edited by Imveros; 11-12-2018 at 11:04 AM.
  #133  
Old 11-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-19-2020
RPXP: 4273
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 1,603
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image
 


"Oh, come on!" More plant monstrosities. Terrific. "Does everything we fight on this gods forsaken island have to look so ghastly?"

As Corrivander stepped away from his foe, Jurgen rushed southward to take his place as its opponent, drawing his blade and noting the familiar hum of sonic energy as the librarian's words took hold. He let his mind succumb to Catrin's raging song, his newly risen anger focused on the enemy before him. The enemy was many, and that was not even accounting for the larger threat up ahead.

"Reyrgor, guide my hand!" The paladin called on his divine patron's might and swung down at the creature, his eyes having trouble distinguishing the shape of the creature among the forest background. If these things looked like this and did not hold enough evil to be struck down, then Jurgen would have some serious questions at his next prayer session.

Hervor shot down through the trees and kept a good distance above the fray, observing the initial exchange of blows and studying the creatures menacing her companions.








 



 


 

Last edited by Crocodile; 11-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.
  #134  
Old 11-12-2018, 08:35 PM
AximusLokar's Avatar
AximusLokar AximusLokar is offline
Chaos Bacon Whale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 11600
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Posts: 10,769
left-aligned image
Cina grimaced against the pain, several bleeding claw marks on her side. She could feel a cold chill run through her veins from some foul poison, a hot and beating tempo press against her mind as Catrin's wild magics invited her to heights of violence, and Fleur's weeping cries of 'it screams, it screams!' echoed in her ears.

When the first notes of a new tempo could be felt on the edges of that, a familiar one, she focused on it to drive away all other distractions. Again the bondersman's words sharpened her intent, her mind and vision clearing. Pulling herself into a more mobile stance she organized her thoughts before calling out "The big one is screaming, my Fleur can hear him. It may be the cause of the forest's madness!"

Paired to the shield of half-frozen water, a blade of searing flame erupted from her right hand as she twirled and launched a pair of slashes at the large tree-beasts legs. "I'm going to break their line, hold them when I do!"


OoC/ActionsParalysis DC16: 24

Free: 5' step north
Swift: Enter Crane Style stance
Full-Round: Spell Combat and Fighting Defensively (-4 Atk, +5 AC, +4 dodge AC vs Melee until missed by 4 or less). Cast Flame Blade, attack with Flame Blade
** Note: Not casting defensively, provokes attack of opportunity with AC 31) **
  • 26 vs tAC; 10 fire + 1 sonic damage; ignore 5 fire resist
  • 18 vs tAC; 9 fire + 3 sonic damage; ignore 5 fire resist

Off-TurnImmediate Action: Dodging Panache (1/2 Panache remaining)
  • When a Wraith attacks me (on it's turn, not the AoO) I take a 5' step further north (preferably into a square I'm no longer threatened in at all, if that's not possible just northern direction where my attacker no longer threatens me). It doesn't prevent the attack but does give me a +2 bonus to my AC and prevents any followup attacks if I'm no longer in reach.


 

Last edited by AximusLokar; 11-12-2018 at 08:43 PM.
  #135  
Old 11-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 2444
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 5,313
left-aligned image


Hawke stays close to Cina, attacking the nearest tree creature while Cina does her thing. He winces slight in pain from the attack as he swings his blade in retaliation.
 


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB