Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Black Ops in the Verge
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3581
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
The Terminus Will Rise Again

"Ha ha ha! Good one sir!" the first mate of the Way's End laughs. The Captain grins from ear to ear, and he slaps his belly. "Under the table, I tell you!" He's not kidding: you've seen him drink crew and passengers alike under the table in the ship mess, but you've never seen him stagger.

Finally you're arriving on Vollem. Not the best vacation destination, the other passengers on the ship have family there that they mean to visit. You all have your own interests on the planet, but all Captain Lynch really cared was that carrying you would pad the profit from the run out here. He wasn't chatty about it out in the mess, but since inviting you onto the bridge for the landing he's opened up about his cargo: weapons and armor meant for a new colony militia.

The Way's End is an older ship but kept in good shape. Each bridge station is manned, and the officers are comfortable enough with their tasks not to be distracted by the Captain's passing the time.

"Way's End, we do not have you in our systems," comes the first communication from the planet. Captain Lynch's face turns from jolly to aggravated.

"What do you mean 'not in the system'?" he demands. His face turns red quickly, as if he is resisting the urge to shout the poor system operator on the other end of the channel down. "I have a full load of cargo and nearly two dozen passengers. If you think I'm going to turn this ship around you–"

"That won't be necessary," the system operator interrupts. "I am sending you a course to a berth." The bridge's main screen changes to display a course that leads the ship around the most heavily populated areas to a space port on the edge of town. Captain Lynch looks to his communication officer and gestures for the communication line to be closed, then nods to the pilot who eases the ship onto its course.

"For crying out loud..." he grouses. "If they're trying to stiff me I swear..." He shakes his head and turns away. While the main screen shows the ship progressing on its course, about three minutes away from the port, the sensor operator is getting good imagery of the planet in the visible spectrum as you enter the atmosphere. The Way's End has top-of-the-line sensors, as Captain Lynch keeps it fully equipped for recovery as well as transport, so the picture is detailed and clear.

"That's odd..." the sensor operator muses. The Captain is snapped out of his grumbling and turns to face the man's station, where he sees many of you already gathered.

"What is it Mr. Jeffries?" he asks as he steps towards the station. "Have you–" He stops himself. There was no activity at all downtown, no vehicles and no foot traffic except for individuals or small groups on foot at major intersections. Captain Lynch grits his teeth and exhales sharply. "Mr. Harrison!" he snaps, turning to the communication officer. "Get me the last seven days' headlines from the local news service." He turns to the pilot. "Ms. Lang," he says. "Take us back up into orbit."

"Aye aye sir," she says. The course given by the planetside operator immediately minimizes as she takes control of the ship, arcing you left – away from the spaceport – and up away from the planet.

"Captain," Mr. Harrison says. "I can't connect to the system network. It seems the node had been disabled."

"Damn it..." the Captain says. "Ms. Lang, full speed. Get us out of here. I want us in the fourth-most-distant recharge point; don't push the speed too hard once we hit FTL."

"Two cutters disconnecting from the weather station," Mr. Jeffries says. "They must have been powered down. They're on intercept." You can see it on his screen: there's no way you're getting out of orbit with how quickly they're closing.

Captain Lynch growls. "Evasive maneuvers!" he orders. "Get all the crew to their emergency stations. I'm not making this easy on them!" He turns to you. "Get your things," he says. "They're going to force me down one way or another, and you're going to want to be ready when that happens."
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1880
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Torne looks into the eyes of the Captain with a large smile on his face saying to the captain
If we get a chance to take them on I'll lead the teams with your go ahead Lynch. I'll wait for your call on the comlink.

Torne races through the crowd despite most getting out of his way, to find his bunk and get his equipment. Alarms and worried murmurs engulfs his ears, Torne snorts at this behaviour.

Bloody humans, small weak urchins not worth the ritual or the Raik. Ah well they have ships and they deal with apparently dangerous enemies. Well no worries lets find some skulls to bash.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
lock426
Vydd bolts back to his room. He holds his bag open with one hand at the edge of the bed as he frantically shovels his possessions into it. As he turns to the door he trips over his own feet and falls to his knees.

Breathing heavily he gasps to himself"I can't... I can't do this."

A few seconds pass and his breaths become deeper and slower. He pulls his pistol out and stares at it for a moment. He stands up, switches off the safety, and opens the door.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Sell-sword

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 435
BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor
"Yes, Sir." Instinct and training kicked in, and following the order given to him by a superior he quickly dashes to the crews quarters. Seeing the others all frantic, he ends up appreciating all the training he's received and manages to keep calm. Quintus grabs his gear, placing his pistol in its holster and armed with an assault rifle. A sniper rifle adorns his back.

"Better suit up guys, this looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride. The more ready we are when we go down the less likely we are to die."
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. - Squall, FFVIII

Last edited by BarbarianThor; 06-04-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Interesting. Athkros Tolyar stands in the corner, the dark orbs of his eyes focused intently on the sensor displays of the Way's End as the unexpected scene develops. His voice floats out from the (relatively) shadowed recesses of the bridge. "A quarantine, perhaps. They seem quite eager to have us land now that they know we carry cargo."

The drell's eyes narrow slightly as the captain barks orders for evasive maneuvers. In a few swift strides, Athkros is already out the door before Captain Lynch tells those remaining on the bridge to retrieve their gear.

Surrounded by the sound of running footsteps and nervous breathing, the drell remains impassive and calm as he methodically returns to his room and picks up his already-packed belongings. With his pistol at his side and his rifles across his back, Athkros returns to the bridge, falling in step with a turian - whose name is Quintus, he remembers with a sudden vision of the cafeteria where the two had earlier met. Aside from the ship's crew, Quintus seems to be one of the few who seems relatively unperturbed by the developments.

Arriving at the bridge, Athkros looks around to see how the others are preparing for what will no doubt be a rough welcome. The drell notes the presence of the impatient krogan he's seen around a few times on the trip, as well as the presence of a quarian standing near the door. Judging by the way he is nervously fingering his pistol, evidently someone not too eager for this kind of interruption on what was supposed to be a simple transport run.

Athkros nods at Quintus' words of advice. He pulls on his exosuit hood and unslings his assault rifle from his back. "Yes," he concurs in his rasping voice, "Let us be ready for anything."

Lowering his head for a moment, and with seeming obliviousness to the swirl of activity around him, the drell takes a few moments to offer a prayer in a low voice.

"Goddess of Motherhood and ProtectionArashu, keep me from harm. But if harm should befall me, I entrust my soul to you, Goddess of Oceans and AfterlifeKalahira."

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche
David had listened to the goings on nonchalantly, surrounded by a menagerie of the Galaxy's finest species. His eyes were fixed out the viewport as the lustrous red entry burn began. Second later, everything went sour. **** met fan, and David threw his hands up in an overly exaggerated fit of frustration. "Dios mio. Can't it just be a vacation? Ever? I mean, like, ever?" he said to no one in particular. He was already armored, and his pack was resting against a nearby wall, out of the way, brought with him when he had come to the bridge. They were about to land. He didn't want to go back to the quarters to get his stuff. So he hoisted it up and shouldered it. His weapons were attached to it, so he was good to go.

When the Drell and Turian returned, Santiago was leaning against the back wall, cigarette in hand. When a random crewman had said something about no smoking on the bridge, he'd told her that the whole ship was liable to be smoking in a few minutes anyways and went on about his business. He flicked the ashes to the floor and turned his half-lidded gaze to 'Quintus' as he had called himself. "You need to relax, extranjero. Whatever happens, happens. It's in God's hands now. See? This guy knows." he said with a smirk and a knowing nod, indicating the Drell. He took a long drag and exhaled, a contented look upon his face. For the mercenary, **** was always real, and another fight was always around the corner. Hell, if that Krogan had looked at him the wrong way one more time before this ****, the fight might have already happened.

For this little party, the future seemed rather dim. There were some veterans here for sure, but some of the others seemed to be liabilities. And he doubted he could count on the majority of this crew able to adequately fire a weapon. That was annoying. He rolled the cigarette between his fingers idly as he contemplated these things. With a slow chuckle to himself he asked aloud, "So, show of hands for everyone super excited about making a hard landing on a world they've never been to- and don't tell me you have. You're full of ****- a world they've never been to, get merc'd by an unknown enemy force with the power to quell an entire planet, with a bunch of strangers that 'got your back'? Seems fun, right?"

Last edited by lordofquiche; 06-05-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Sell-sword

Tools
User Statistics
"Well, it couldn't hurt us to give God a little assistance in keeping ourselves alive." He says, as he looks over to see how the pilot is managing. Listening to the mercenary and seeing him keep his cool, Quintus evaluated that he is either fairly skilled, or over-confident. Either way, Quintus felt a strange respect for the Human.

"Fun isn't the word I would use, but I am ready nevertheless. Let us hope that the ship lands safely, else we might not even get the chance to be 'merc'd' by this unknown force."

Quintus gazes around at those in the room, silently, awaiting any orders he might be given.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. - Squall, FFVIII

Last edited by BarbarianThor; 06-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Torne made his way toward one of the exits and locks himself into a seat near the exits readying himself for a bumpy ride hoping to be the first on land to remove any problems.

Torne thinks to himself, Well this should be interesting. Hopefully some stupid bastards come out to try and attack, I could use a warm up.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9062
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
The trip until now had been fairly boring and uninteresting, which would have driven Gauron to stay in his quarters most of the time. However, since he was supposed to be a lady-killing software engineer on his first well-earned vacation away from the Citadel, this wouldn't exactly work. Since he wasn't confident that his target didn't have contacts on the ship, he decided to play ball and mingled with the guests.

Of course, keeping a low profile pretty much went out the window once the captain told them what was happening. As the human pulled on his armour with the very-visible C-Sec markings on it, he figured that he'd just have to catch her before she went on the run again. A quick tap of his Omni-Tool brought his shields online and he slid his Assault Rifle out of its holster.

Well, guess it's time to go to work...
"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lock426
Vydd returns to the bridge much slower than he had left it and takes a seat. After hearing David's comments he turns to respond.

"Mr. Santiago, While bridge protocol on a sinking ship might not matter, I'm sure I don't need to remind you that tobacco smoking in humans can cause cancer, organ failure, and a litany of other medical conditions that could lead too" Vydd begins to snicker "premature death."

His laughter goes on just long enough for it to become uncomfortable. Upon noticing that some of the crew are starting to stare he stops and directs his attention to his omni-tool to try and look busy.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3581
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
You individually make your own ways back to your rooms. The Way's End has the tight corridors of a military ship, and the flashing red lights mix with the intermittent alert siren to create an attitude of near-panic among the civilian passengers. "All passengers," you hear the captain over the ship's speakers. "Return to your berths immediately and seal the doors. All crewmen arm yourselves and make your way to your duty stations." A few of you pass by the armory and see pistols and shotguns being handed out by the ship's quartermaster. Most passengers are eager to put a bulkhead in between them and whatever danger might be heading their way, and the few who stay out to try to demand information from frustrated crew members aren't getting anywhere.

"Sir," one of the ship's crewmen says, shotgun held steadily in his hand. He looks the passenger right in the eye. "You need to return to your berth. You do not want to be out here if they get too nervous to wait any longer and lock you out." There is a definite tension in the crewman's voice; he doesn't know what this is all about either.

"Nervous about what?!?" the exasperated passenger demands. "What's going on?" He steps forward. "You need to–" He's quickly silenced by the crewman pointing the shotgun at him.

"Go back to your berth," the crewman repeats. The passenger grits his teeth and backs away slowly. The crewman returns his shotgun to its cradle in his arms, and the passenger turns and runs down the hall, the ship's siren repeating with one-second bursts every three seconds, timed precisely with the red emergency lights. The sensation of something striking the ship jolts you momentarily, and must come as decidedly not a relief to everyone still in the dark about the situation.

Back at your room – you paid enough to get one of the rooms repurposed into high-value item storage or passenger cabins, depending on the needs of the voyage – you find your equipment. Suiting up into your armor takes time, too long you probably think as the sirens outside refuse to let up. When you race back through the halls, armed and armored, on your way to the bridge it is significantly less crowded; it seems the only people left in the halls are the last few crewmen on their way to their emergency duty stations, though some of you see a glimpse of the damage control teams – one crewman accompanied by one drone – patrolling the halls. The humans pay close attention to their omnitool's readings and take up most of the hall in their bulky white, armored vacuum suits, but the drone floats nimbly in front scanning the ship.

"Good," Captain Lynch says when the last of you arrives. "You're back." He nods to one of his officers who pulls up the floorplan of the ship, with a route already mapped. "They're almost right on top of us," he says. "I don't think I'm going to get a warning shot if I ignore their next order to land." He says "warning shot" with a fair degree of irony; the floorplan is showing a hull breach very near the engines, and it's likely the shot was an attempt to cleanly disable them from long-range. "I'm going to drop cargo," he tells you. "Hopefully one will land to take the cargo and the other will land with us to try to take us prisoner." A bit of worry crosses his face, but just a little. "Or they'll ignore the cargo and come back for you after they've dealt with us." It's a good bet though: there's no way you'll survive taking on a boarding crew if one is flying overwatch. The Captain is relying on the greed of pirates though.

The floorplan gives you a clear path to the cargo hold. "The cargo is in sealed containers, so you'll have to break in," he says. "The container needs my retinal scan otherwise, and I'm not giving you an eyeball to take with you!" He chuckles. "Think you can handle it?"
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Torne smiles and calls out Yeah! Come on were wasting breath here heh heh!

Torne moves to the exit of the room and ran up to the captain's location awaiting to escort him.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Sell-sword

Tools
User Statistics
So we have to retreat and hope for the best? Judging by the tone in Quintus's voice, you can tell he feels uneasy about this. He has no real ties to the ship or its crew, but this just doesn't feel right. Gripping his rifle tightly he begins to turn around. Surprisingly to Quintus, the Krogan seems to be on the same page. Well, what are we waiting for? We have our orders, now lets move out. We might not have long.

Right before he heads out, Quintus turns to the Captain. Sir. Give'em hell! He then turns back and follows the others.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lock426
Vydd slings his bag over his back and leans over the floor plan. After studying it for a moment he turns to the door and says " I should be able to open the containers. Someone keep the Krogan from trying to headbutt them open."
Old 06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9062
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
"I'm not too good with technical stuff, but if you give me someone to shoot at, I should be able to handle that," The C-Sec officer replies, casting a small glance at the plans before hitting the Omni-Tool button to up his shields. He was a grunt, following orders was his thing. He'd leave the plans to the others. "Let's get going then."
"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert