Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Black Ops in the Verge
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Athkros' exomask hides his face, but it wouldn't really make any difference. His expression behind his opaque, red-tinted eyepieces remains impassive as the other passengers - at least the ones who seem like they might be able to handle themselves in what will hopefully be at least some kind of firefight and not simply a quick and fiery death - banter amongst themselves. Death is something that the drell has always been prepared for. Almost ready for. Athkros' entire race had been on the verge of extinction, and it was only by the grace of an outside force that any drell survived. It's not something the drell warrior thinks about explicitly, but on the individual level, he's not afraid to stare, unblinking, into the grinning maw of death.

But that doesn't mean he'll go down without a fight.

Athkros nods as Captain Lynch explains his plans. Divide and conquer. Or, at least divide and try to survive. "Sounds like a plan," he rasps, as the others also voice their assent. He falls into step behind the human decked in Citadel Security armor, silently trying to assess from the way the others carry themselves how they will behave - and fare - in combat. I should get comfortable here at the rear of the group, the drell muses as he thinks of his sniper rifle and the tactical possibilities (or rather, the lack thereof) of the ragtag group fighting their way out of cargo-containers-turned-escape-pods. It doesn't look good.

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1975
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Torne puts his head in and says So who is coming with me? I'm getting edgy. Come On!

Torne beginning to smile at the chance for some action. His heavy breathing filling his ears, his excited rage building within his eyes. Possessed by his overwhelming need to fight he begins to lowly growl awaiting the chance to take the fight to his enemies. Wiping a small amount of sweat from his brow he began to await his orders, a tight grip on his rifle, his trigger finger beginning to get itchy he pushes up his shoulders and stretches his neck and elbows smiling to his companions noticing how each and every one of them looked at him or around him with a slight scent of anxiety and tenseness.

Hmm...They would never admit it but they are slightly afraid of me, I guess I can't mislead them...They should be...

Torne snaps looking down the sights to ensure they are correctly levelled as he awaits his companion's replies.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche
Santiago had listened to the plan and the subsequent responses to it impassively. The human didn't care for it much any which way, but he supposed this was the best they could hope for. He rolled the cigarette around his fingers idly and then flicked it to the floor as they began to move towards the cargo hold with the rest. to the Drell's statement he responded, "That it is. It is, indeed, a plan. The quality of which has yet to be decided." His tone was decidedly unenthused, but let's be honest. No one was super thrilled about any of this. Well, except for Torne.

"Oh look everyone. We got a badass over here." he said sarcastically, fully intending to get the Krogan's attention. "I'm ****ing tired of you already. Look at you all eager ta get going, and ****. Edgy." he said, staging a visible, mocking shudder, while his accent slipped to a more confrontational dialect, the Spanish influence of which began to slip out. "Edgy's the kind of **** that gets stupid pindejos like you into trouble, and good people like the rest of us dead. Look, homie. Gettin' into a cramped-ass box with you all shot up on adrenaline ain't cozy. And if I gotta break your skull now ta make sure you don't start blasting holes in everyone mid-drop, I'll do it, much as I love ya and all." he said, stepping up to the twitchy Krogan. The situation was already bad, may as well risk making it worse in the hopes of making it better. "You feel me, big guy? ****, you a runt next ta some'a your kind I had the pleasure of working with." he said, looking him dead in the eye with a resolute expression. He wasn't a stranger to ghetto ultimatums, after all.

Santiago was afraid of the situation, not the Krogan, and he was going to make it perfectly obvious about that fact. He doubted any of the others would back him vocally. Maybe even chastise him for trying to start conflict, but he sure as hell wasn't going to get led around by a roid-raged maniac Krogan with a taste for blood and a deathwish. Wasn't how Santiago rolled. He looked around at the others. "We doing this together, we gonna be methodical, careful, and we ain't gonna die. That's the goal. We all equals here. Agreed?" he demanded. He looked back to Torne. "You got a role to play just like the rest of us. But you stay on the same page with the rest of us, too."

Last edited by lordofquiche; 06-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Torne smiles at the little human. Well you're right I may be a little smaller than most Krogan. Well thats for a simple fact...

Torne having a huge grin on his face uncaring of what the little human had to say.

I am as you humans would call me a teenager. As for how big I'll get when I'm older I have no idea I'm the youngest to ever pass my warrior ritual. I'll have you know short one that for one I would have a quad that would make you cry, keep that in mind shorty. As for your lecture on my role...I kind of know what I'm here for, I'm here to kill plenty more of your little kind or whoever stands in my way, however if your going to have a little whine about me asking a question then this will be a long trip. Keep it to yourself shorty.

Torne knowingly insulting the Human hoping for a fight he awaits what this weak human may say as he steps forward hoping to find an opening to head-but him like the little rat he is.

Us being equals...Unless I run out of ammo don't get in my way.

Torne barks at the human as he towers over him.

OCC: Torne is over slightly large size, He is 7'7" and he is only a teenager like grunt. Just as a side note.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; 06-14-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche lordofquiche
Santiago tilts his head slightly as the Krogan snaps back, as was expected. "Man, you Krogan got enough balls to charge into the teeth of hell, but not enough brains ta know it's a bad idea. Or ta accurately construct a sentence. Wish I knew what the hell you were trying to get across, 'cause all I see is a punk tryin' ta be scary. Come on runt, see what makes me. I ain't worried about a super-sized child." he said, refusing to back down.

"I'm not the kinda man you **** with, buddy. I don't have ta rattle off my accomplishments to prove it. But if I gotta work with you, I want you to recognize that until further notice, we're part of a team, for better or worse, and I'll be damned if your dumb ass gets us killed. And if ya insist on being ****ing stupid like you are right now, don't be surprised when no one pulls you out of the ****. You dig?"
Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Sell-sword

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 435
BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor
Quintus just shakes his head, knowing that this wasn't something he should get in the middle of. Both the Krogan and the human are likely to hate the Turians, but something needed done. If this escalates any farther, we will be down one, or even two soldiers in the fight that was sure to follow.

Seeing the tension increasing, Quintus understood that it was now or never.

This isn't the time for this! We have to get out of here before our chance escapes us. Isn't that the captains orders? We are a team, and part of that is understanding. We are all a little tense about this situation. Nobody wanted this, but its happening regardless. Arguing now will only make things worse, not just for you two but for everybody.

Ignoring his better judgement, Quintus positions himself between the two. It might help emphasize what he himself was willing to go through to see us all out safely. If we lose this opportunity, not only are we all going to die, but we won't even have a chance to fight back before doing so. Is that really want you two want?
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. - Squall, FFVIII

Last edited by BarbarianThor; 06-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Torne continuing to smile he looks past the turian looking at the human challenging him once again.

Well, fine I guess, however human. I hope you don't stumble into my sights, my lack of brains may cause me to fire without thinking. Keep that in mind human.

Torne becoming bored of banter with the small man he steps back against the wall with his rifle at the ready awaiting orders, as he steps back his smiles at the team and especially the small human sure of everyone's fear of him. His smile becoming stuck to his face, excited to kill and ready to show his Krogan pride.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3822
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
You make your way through the halls, much more quietly than when you started out. Trying to step quickly, you don't really even have time to argue—if the Captain gets the engines shot off the back of the ship before you can drop to the planet's surface you're pretty much guaranteed to be captured. The halls are deathly quiet; any damage control crewmen other than one or two of the patrollers would be off trying to patch the hull breach by the engine room and your path doesn't take you that far towards the ship's stern.

The cargo bay door opens as you approach it. The cargo bay isn't what you'd call impressive: about ten meters by ten meters on the floor, its ceiling only rises about four meters. It's designed to carry a load no larger than the three cargo containers it's currently holding, but the clamps in the floor were obviously installed after the ship was built. The grav-lift is itself clamped to the wall, but those clamps match the wall's material. There is a mezzanine around the entire cargo bay, with ladders down to the ground floor at each corner of the room.

Approaching the cargo containers it becomes obvious that while they conform to dimensional standards they are not a standard design. The containers are painted a dark brown, and both panels of the double-door on each container are painted with a red Hahne-Kedar logo. The retinal scanners the Captain mentioned are actually built into the door, allowing for higher security than one that had been cut into the door after its construction. The retinal scanner has no attached keypad, meaning no emergency open code to allow the doors to be opened without the intended recipient. A rap on a container with an armored fist reveals it to be built out of a thick metal; it wouldn't stand up to a heavy cutting machine, but there's no way anyone could get into the container without making it obvious it was tampered with.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
lock426
Well that's.... uhh never mind

Vydd approaches the container nearest to the door, fiddles with his omni-tool, and attempts to open it.

Last edited by lock426; 06-15-2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: clarified the type of test
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Vydd activates his omni-tool and scans the locking mechanism. It appears that the only feedback it receives is from the retinal scanner, so Vydd carefully cuts into the scanner and attempts to find the node responsible for judging whether an eye is the right match. He manages to find it but when he goes to burn it slightly to destroy its ability to pick out the incorrect features he overdoes it and cooks the entire node, locking it down.

With no other quick way into the containers he quickly moves over to the next container but fries that one's control node too. With only one container left Vydd is more careful and finally manages to apply just the right amount of heat to the right place. The node only singed, it should open up when anyone places their eye in front of it.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lock426
Vydd lets out a sigh of relief. "I think this one will open now". He futilely wipes his visor with his hand, only to find out that the condensation he is trying to remove is on the inside of his helmet. Vydd takes two steps back and gestures with his free hand to the retinal scanner "Could one of you open it please? I don't think it will be able to read my eyes right now."
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10193
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
"Here, allow me," The C-Sec officer had been hanging back, just shaking his head at the Krogan and other human's confrontation - an endless galaxy full of possibility and at the end of the day it still came down to guys measuring their...Scopes, against one-another. Kneeling a little, he held his eye in front of the scanner and waited.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Gauron steps up to the container and places his eye against the scanner. For a moment is seems like nothing is happening, then a light beep emits from the scanner and you hear the sound of a lock being disengaged. Opening the door you see it is very well-packed inside: there is not enough room for all of you to squeeze in without removing some of the cargo from it. From the looks of it this crate is a mix of both small weapon crates, which seem to be individually packed and larger crates each containing a suit of armor.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Sell-sword

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 435
BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor BarbarianThor
Well, we had better hurry. Judging by all of the time that has elapsed... Quintus stops short and remains silent. Stepping into the container, he takes a deep breath, hoping that all goes well. Something else going wrong now was all they needed, and he knew it.

It can be opened from the inside, right? He thinks aloud as he inspects the tight quarters he now found himself in.
Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. - Squall, FFVIII
Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
lock426
Vydd pokes his head inside the container. I wouldn't worry about that, If all else fails we could just shoot our way out. I vote we ditch the armor for space and keep the guns.

Without waiting for anyone to add their thoughts, Vydd grabs one of the armor containers and starts to drag it out the door.

Last edited by lock426; 06-24-2012 at 04:03 AM.