Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7198
JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob
This isn't really a bug, and I assume it'd be pretty low priority, but I thought I'd mention it. Isn't 'RPXP points' a little redundant?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25626
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRob View Post
This isn't really a bug, and I assume it'd be pretty low priority, but I thought I'd mention it. Isn't 'RPXP points' a little redundant?
Yes. Where?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Old 08-10-2009, 01:15 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birched View Post
Yes. Where?
Still can't find it .
Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, man! Count that as my wish.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 312
Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight
Quote:
Did you try clearing your browser cookies?
Cleared them all out yesterday. But I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Got it!

Life!

Last edited by Twilight; 08-10-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth
I still cannot get at my sheets. I dump all of my cookies (I think) every time I close Firefox so I'm not sure that is the issue.

I go here, http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/

Quote:
Your identity could not be confirmed. Some common cases of login errors are listed below.

* You must be registered before you can login.
* Login names and passphrases are case sensitive.
* Only a profile name can be logged in. Individual character sheets do not have passwords and can not be used for login verification.
* If you can't remember your passphrase, request to have it reset. Your profile must have a valid email address registered for this to work.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Did you try asking for your password string by e-mail? That seems to help some people (see the first post). Let me know if you've tried that and it still didn't work.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth DrTeeth
Quote:
Readded it (had to get the code and modify it first, so it took a little while). I'm not completely happy with the output yet, but it's good enough for now.
If you could just have the game name and a way to differentiate if it has new posts in it or not, that would look best. If you could add that to all of the rest of the stuff that was there earlier today it would be perfect.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
I have to hit the sack, folks. I'll finish up with the dice roller tomorrow. Don't break anything too major!!!

Backup is at 5 am at the moment (Eastern time, in just over 2 hours). The site will go down briefly at that time.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30
Ralos theUnspoken
Quote:
1. There are 2 4e sheets now -- are you sure you chose the same one?
2. Were you able to log in before despite the space in your name?
The change you made allowed me to get the password reset email, and I'm back in the system now, thanks! Also, the issue with the wonky formatting is on a sheet that existed before the update, using the older of the two 4e sheet types (the one labeled "d20 4e DnD"). However, I just looked at the shiny new one, and this is less of an issue now, as I'll be transferring the data to the much-improved version anyhow.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Colossians 1:21-22

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32758
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Some issues I have come across!
  • The site is in a dreadfully cheerful light blue, which hurts my eyes. Not as bad as like, but still...
  • Colour tags no longer work with sticky threads.
  • "go to last post" link seems to be missing?
  • We can upload images into our signature - change of policy, or error?
  • links to specific posts now only show that one post. Can we change this back, to go to the selected post within the thread? Or offer both options?
  • As opposed to the old system, which counted threads as 'read' if you so much thought about the site, this one seems not to realise you have read them, even after reading them quite thoroughly.
  • I have definitely lost a few (hundred?) posts, not sure why, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. krowout has also gained a few hundred, so maybe he borrowed them?

Also, my opinion on the quick-reply: there seems to be no benefit to having it on, and it means a constant annoyance of having to find some little button just to "quick reply" (turning the quick reply into a not-so-quick reply). Going from the old version, I think it is an unnecessary change, and one that adds more hassle in than anything saved.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23094
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
First, I would like to say keep up the good work Birched. You have been very responsive and communicative of our needs.

I don't mean to be a pain (well ok... I do..)

I asked in post 89 which you promptly replied to..

In my question I asked for a FAQ on the new features.
in which you said please read the first post of this thread.

I don't think I communicated my question properly.

I've read the first post of this trread. I read the feature announcement thread..

What I didn't see is exactly what the changes are.

I saw the feature announcement and I see what improvements have been made.

For Example I saw we have new tables. I was familiar with TH's work on tables back in 3.5. I reverse Engineered it long ago and had TH fill in the holes I missed. I tried it and it didn't work as I knew it. It wasn't until your reply in post 90 did I see the new syntax for it.

What I would like to see is an example showing the coding of the new features. Perhaps in the same announcement thread with Hyperlinks to the post.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvg3akaek View Post
Some issues I have come across!
  • The site is in a dreadfully cheerful light blue, which hurts my eyes. Not as bad as like, but still... you have many friends in this -- skins are mentioned in the announcement, there will be (a couple) more soon
  • Colour tags no longer work with sticky threads. thanks -- this was mentioned earlier, but I think I forgot to put it in the first post list of bugs
  • "go to last post" link seems to be missing? where? I'm wondering whether you are referring to the 'recently subscribed threads' list on usercp.php, where all the threads are bold regardless of whether you've read them -- if you really haven't, there should be a link; I'm not a big fan of that list, and have been using the 'real' subscription page or 'today's posts' for now
  • We can upload images into our signature - change of policy, or error?oversight -- I'll take care of that now before opening things up
  • links to specific posts now only show that one post. Can we change this back, to go to the selected post within the thread? Or offer both options?I'll look into this when I get a chance
  • As opposed to the old system, which counted threads as 'read' if you so much thought about the site, this one seems not to realise you have read them, even after reading them quite thoroughly.again -- usercp? try going to subscription.php or today's posts -- there's something funky about that one list of subscribed threads
  • I have definitely lost a few (hundred?) posts, not sure why, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. krowout has also gained a few hundred, so maybe he borrowed them? pls read the announcement on the main page

Also, my opinion on the quick-reply: there seems to be no benefit to having it on, and it means a constant annoyance of having to find some little button just to "quick reply" (turning the quick reply into a not-so-quick reply). Going from the old version, I think it is an unnecessary change, and one that adds more hassle in than anything saved. seeing as I've not heard anyone with a different opinion, and I agree myself, I'm going to go ahead and revert this to the old way
is it morning already?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrodak View Post
First, I would like to say keep up the good work Birched. You have been very responsive and communicative of our needs.

What I didn't see is exactly what the changes are.

What I would like to see is an example showing the coding of the new features. Perhaps in the same announcement thread with Hyperlinks to the post.
Yes. I appreciate your frustration. As mentioned in the first post of this thread, site rules / faq need desperately to be updated. The problem right now is that that task is going to take an extremely long time, because I didn't change / add / recode / create / update a short list of things -- I changed 30+ pieces of software, each of which could probably use a page of comments all by itself. It's very important that everyone (including me!) has documentation available, but there are more critical things to deal with right now. Plus, I don't have to take the site down for an admin to work on the FAQ -- I've been focusing on those tasks that I can't do with 150 users milling about. Those are my reasons, and I tell you them only to say that I'm not ignoring info threads entirely, I've just had other important things to do for the site that have taken precedence in my mind.