PF-1e Rise of the Runelords - Anniversary Edition - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 28th, 2019, 02:15 AM
Boojahideen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6905
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
I'm all good with this. I hate how many gamers think a 20 on skill check is an auto-success, or that the DM should let them do whatever they want.
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9775
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Just realised tomorrow is the deadline for this! If that hasn’t changed?
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 01:50 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Yeah. I realize I didn't communicate that extremely well. I was planning on making selections tomorrow, but I forgot about Thanksgiving, and my real-life friends are dragging me out of my dungeon tonight. I guess I'll announce the groups on the 1st.
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9775
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueNA View Post
Yeah. I realize I didn't communicate that extremely well. I was planning on making selections tomorrow, but I forgot about Thanksgiving, and my real-life friends are dragging me out of my dungeon tonight. I guess I'll announce the groups on the 1st.
How dare they! How rude of them to expect you to go out and have some fun!

(Take you’re time I’m sure a lot of people are busy anyway)
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 02:18 PM
The red pandas are coming
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
I know. Terrible friends. The worst.

One of them is probably reading this. That's right, I said you're the worst, wolf-boy!
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 06:12 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Have fun! We'll be here when you get back!
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Inspiration inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11485
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Just in time - please find below the my application of my first druid. I've never played a druid before and I'm really looking forward to play him. I do also appreciate any feedback and proposals for improvements.

Dolgrin Thryrbold, Clan Stormshard
left-aligned image

Dolgrin Thryrbold

Race: Dwarf
Class: Druid, worshipper of Gozreh
Alignment: Neutral-Good
Role: Magic support and nasty surprises in combat, healer afterwards

Physical Description
You look like an overgrown sheep! No statement of the past years would describe Dolgrin Thryrbold better. Well, maybe a fat sheep. With a spear, whose tip likes to come close to the eyes of his mostly much bigger counterpart when the dwarf is talking. But otherwise, the statement describes Dolgrin Thryrbold very well.
Being only of average size for dwarves, he protects his body with an old ram fur, which he has loosely tied around his shoulders. During his long tours through forests and mountains, hundreds of leaves, tendrils and branches have got caught in the thick fur and the druid has long given up plucking them out one by one. Either they falls off by themself - or they go on wanderings.
Belly and chest are covered by a long, braided, gray beard, which shows only little of its wearer, maybe his cheap leather armor, but often reveals the last dishes. However, his strong hands and massive boots show the druid's stable physique. He has a weathered face with a large nose and blue-green eyes well hidden under bushy, gray eyebrows.
At the side of belt hangs an dwarven waraxe, Skullbreaker, hidden under the old fur. Although Dolgrin has an aversion to this massive iron weapon, it has often been his last hope.

Personality

A dwarf should always follow a wisdom of life, Dolgrin Thryrbold's grandfather always used to say. Dolgrin follows even two. A day without a laugh is a lost day. This saying is ancient, but could well come from Dolgrin. His love for nature and the open sky, which is very untypical for dwarves, makes the druid blossom and therefore he laughs gladly, loudly and heartily.

The second saying has been in the coat of arms of the Clan Stormshard for thousands of years. The storm extinguishes the flame and ignites the conflagration. A memory of all the deeds and sacrifices of Clan Stormshard's great dwarf kings, warriors and heroes of times long past, who have achieved great things with honor and fighting spirit, courage and wisdom.
Even as a small child, Dolgrin dreamed of becoming a hero, but mines, walls, iron and armor always remained alien to him. Nevertheless, in the spirit of his ancestors, he tries to work carefully on every task and meet every challenge with honour. And if there is something to laugh about - all the better.

Both sayings together result in a young, cheerful dwarf who courageously stands up for his friends, seriously and resolutely fights for his goals, but also likes to end the day at the campfire with a jug of beer.

Background

Dolgrin Thryrbold comes from the north of the Fogscar Mountains, where the Clan Stormshard has its home. His father was a simple miner and his mother worked as a washerwoman when she was not taking care of Dolgrin's four larger siblings. When the mother had no time, Dolgrin's eldest sister took over and led the children to the forest near the fortress to gather firewood, berries and mushrooms - more a necessary evil than real childcare. However, the young Dolgrin liked it much better in the light forest than in the musty shafts and dark underground vaults of the fortress where most dwarves lived. A few times he even slept in the woods after missing the gate's evening closing time.
Very few dwarves understood this behavior and Dolgrin's father also tried to beat out of this 'betrayal of the inheritance of his ancestors' with paternal beatings. Finally he registered Dolgrin as an unskilled worker in the local foundry. Dolgrin pleaded and begged his father to spare him this fate. Decades of hard and joyless work awaited him. But his father remained unyielding and again beat up the young Dolgrin for his 'undwarfen' behavior. So Dolgrin decided, overnight, to seek his fortune outside the fortress. He used the inattentiveness of the guards and disappeared into the woods never to be seen again.

Within the last years, the young dwarf has traveled through the countries around the mountains, enjoying the nature and his freedom. However, the young dwarf experienced the horrors that monsters and aberrations do to the poor population, something he had never seen in the fortress. A few times, he was able to help and he learned a lot about fighting and hunting monsters. Yes, Dolgrin was even quite talented in this. After his homesickness has diminished, he has undertaken a travel to the south. After spending several weeks in Korsova and enjoying the pros and cons of the Varisian lifestyle, he accompanied a group of pilgrims returning from their pilgrimage. The latest stop is Sandpoint, where they want to stay during the Swallowtail festival.

Role-play Example

"I don't think you quite understand me", the young dwarf sighed and looked over his empty beer mug at the fat innkeeper. "I can't conjure up wine for you. And no beer either. No liquor. Nothing like that." He took a deep breath and pretended to drink another sip from his jug. The leather of his armor was still wet and heavy from the rain and rubbed against the irritated skin. The smoky fireplace of the inn darkened the taproom rather than warming it.

It's not that hard to understand. "I can create water, clear water. Thanks to the blessings of the gods." Dolgrin avoided to name any deity. If you chose the wrong one, there was always trouble. "If my travel companions have told you anything else, they have mistaken something." He tried to smooth the way for the landlord. Or they wanted to make fun of you as punishment for the bad beer.
Dolgrin sat upright on the bench and tried to ignore the mocking giggling around him. With one hand on the jug and the other on the thick wooden top of the table, he felt stable enough to see the landlord in his angry sparkling piggy eyes. If I could conjure up beer, it wouldn't be as bad as this.
"Therefore..." he took a short break. "... it is beyond my ability to pay for my companions' dinner in beer or wine."
In spite of the smoky air, Dolgrin could see how the landlord turned red. It was time to unpack the whip next to the carrot. And a good bluff. "But I can summon any rat or mouse within 7 miles and let it flow into this lovely inn. From now till the day of Torag's return and eternal judgment!"

Traits/Drawback

Focused Mind; Dwarven Weapon Trained, Monster hunter; Guilty Fraud

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dwarfen_Druids_1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	82374  

Last edited by LeDragon; Nov 30th, 2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8269
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Quote:

One of them is probably reading this. That's right, I said you're the worst, wolf-boy!
Have fun!

Don't forget to switch mine to the complete list please! I mean before you make the final cut.

Thanks for your time!

Rick

Old Nov 30th, 2019, 04:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf
Groth wants to play Pathfinder

Groth
left-aligned image
Name: Groth

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Warpriest - Shieldbearer

Party Role(s): Melee/Tank/Secondary Healer

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Physical Description: Standing at six and a half feet tall, Groth cuts an imposing figure. With dark green skin, short black hair, and his lower canines extending out into small tusks, he’s not someone you’d want to pick a fight with just by looking at him. When you see him not wearing his armor or hefting his large shield with a multicolored songbird on it, you’d see whip scars on his back and an ugly brand on his right wrist. Opposite of the brand, on the left wrist, is a new tattoo that matches the songbird on his shield.

Personality: Groth used to be pretty bitter towards the world, but since Shelyn called him, he has found the joy in life again. He tries to see the best in people and does his best to help those in need. When he fails at something, his failures as a slave flash to the forefront of his mind though. The brand on his right arm is a constant reminder of those days, but he manages to push it out of his head most days.

Refusing to use a traditional weapon, he instead loves the symbolism of bashing heads in with his shield. Using it defensively to shield others, he also protects others by eliminating threats. He is loyal to Shelyn and will follow what he deems is Her will until his final breath.

He is grateful for the skills he has learned while enslaved and hopes to use them to create and bring forth beauty in the world. He is still learning to accept the beauty Shelyn sees in him, but he is learning to accept and look for beauty everywhere.

Background: From a faraway land, Groth doesn’t remember much before he was sold by his human mother for a few gold pieces, enough to keep her stomach and addictions fed for awhile. He was taken by slavers and sold to an Orc blacksmith in the brutal city of Urglin. There he learned the smithing trade, not as an apprentice but a slave. Any mistakes were dealt with harshly, but he did have it better than most other slaves there. When a smithing job for a gang went awry, his master was killed. Groth fled before anyone else could claim his servitude or his life. Wandering lost and alone, he was saved by a cleric of Shelyn. Taking an oath to serve Her and feeling a divine calling, he has made his way to Sandpoint with a group of merchants, just in time for the festival.

Role-play Example:

Traits/Drawback: Student of Faith (campaign), Beacon of Faith, Shield Bearer. Mark of Slavery.

Last edited by Wightwolf; Nov 30th, 2019 at 04:11 AM. Reason: fixing things
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 04:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 680
Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf Wightwolf
Quote:

Blah, blah, blah. My app is finished. Sorry for the late submission!
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 05:05 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Me who thought people were fed up of rise of the runelords. Personally I never left Sandpoint the only time I tried this campaign.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Inspiration inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11485
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Just found out that the char pic disappeared. Added it again. I think, the application is completed, too.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6165
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Ahh, the eve before selections are made. The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last.

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27121
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I would like to withdraw Raven from the race. I have invested far more time and effort on Daxis and feel that I would not be sufficiently invested in Raven should he be chosen.

In case I haven't said it, Daxis is complete.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Card-Carrying Cleric Chum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10933
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Me who thought people were fed up of rise of the runelords. Personally I never left Sandpoint the only time I tried this campaign.
Speaking for myself Rise of the Runelords was the very first AP I ever played back in 2008 and was my introduction to tabletop gaming. Now, 11 years later, I couldn't pass up the chance to not only see how far I've come but to do so with the daughter of my longest running character.