Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 11th, 2020, 12:41 PM
Iä! Iä! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46300
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Elder Heart: Flower of the world Tree

A call was heard by Cid’lihn the good Druid. A missive sent by the fey court of summer reached his long elven ears. The regal proclamation bore ill news of rifts in the material plane. The source of which, could be traced to the shadow fell. Cid’lihn was asked to report to the southern territories, where gothic monarchs feuded bloodily with Centaurs upon the borders of an old jungle.
Old Apr 11th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 556
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Farewell to theeTraders of Spice

Cid’lihn and Flaustine waved goodbye and saw them off.

As the basket began lifting skyward from the ground, Hazel leaned over the rim.
The Tabaxi stretched out his paw, extending a gleaming silver coiled snake bracelet.
" I am trusting you’ll see her home good friend."
Breeze through Hazel Grove warmly passes the being known as Lilakris to Cid’lihn.
"I am afraid we must be off, to distant shores! Fare the well, noble Eladrin, blessings of the world tree upon you!
May we meet again."

Standing there near the small stream and the sage bushes.

Cid’lihn watched the burgundy sunrise swallow the shrinking
silhouette of the balloon, slipping away into the blazing new horizon.

Destined for Coral Iron Claw, a cinnamon loving Tabaxi.
Who resides in an elegant villa in the south, upon the Banks of the Reinfleur River.
The Velkom Inn Spice privateers first stop.

Old Apr 13th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn

The moon, hung silvery and full in the nights starlight sky, dipping just over the slooped roofline of the Velkom inn. A gentle breeze had been let into the house through some opened windows, and that breeze danced through the rooms and halls, bringing smells of sage. The tumbling waterfall that poured into the brook just by the inn, carried it’s splashing song into the home as well.
That night Flaustine sat in an old carved rocking chair, quietly humming along with the rhythm of the water.

Eclipsed in the moonlight, a large bird swooped down to the garden box of an upstairs room.. A great owl, whose rippled feathers were the color of silver pearls, and whose majesty ever shone in the pale moonlight. The pure colored hunter tapped upon the frosted window glass with its beak.

You must awaken, come hither to the rosewood tree, seek beneath the roots, and awaken the keeper.

The voice called through the druids waking trance, Cid’lihn saw glimpses of the white feathered hunter, guiding him forward in the Silver moonlight.

" Cid’lihn!! "

The Druid awoke from his trance, aware that Marquis Stillwater had entered into the room and was speaking his name.

" Cid’lihn!"
The mans tangled and twisted locks obscured his face, but he brushed them aside, to reveal a toothy grin.
" You wouldn’t believe how beautiful the sunrise is, and the rosewood tree, it’s blossoming!"

Last edited by Aoem; Apr 14th, 2020 at 01:22 AM.
Old Apr 18th, 2020, 05:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7917
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
It had been almost a week since his friends had departed the Velkom Inn, guided by a thirst for new adventures and fair winds. Cid’lihn had tried hard to keep his tears from flowing, but in the end the sight of the people he had come to know and love disappearing into the sunset was so heart-wrenching he gave in to temptation. The Eladrin’s world had been turned upside down and even Flaustine’s kindness and generosity couldn’t change that fact. The inn that had been his home for as long as he could remember seemed now strange to him, its cosy rooms no longer filled with merry songs and tales both happy and sad, silly jokes and good-natured pranks. The sadness in Cid’lihn’s heart changed his body as well, turning his hair white as snow and making his face look much older that it really was, his eyes pained and distant, his lips a hard line that rarely formed a smile.

At night the Eladrin stayed awake looking at the stars shining outside his window, speaking to him in a voice so soft that he couldn’t really make out what they wanted to tell him. Should I have joined my friends instead of staying back at the inn? But how could I? How could I leave poor Flaustine and Marquis alone? Who would have returned Lilakris home had I joined them? Such were the young elf’s thoughts every night, questions unanswered that didn’t offer any consolation, memories of happier times that made Cid’lihn miss his friends even more. Beyond these conscious thoughts, in a place deep, deep inside him, something stirred. A feeling of loss, of urgency, of frustration. Something that wanted to grab Cid’lihn by the shoulders and shake him until he came to his senses. A seed ready to sprout and take root. A seed that had been planted the moment the Eladrin had perused the books and the diary belonging to Flaustine’s grandmother. The world she described, the creatures that inhabited it, her duties and experiences, everything seemed so familiar to Cid’lihn, as if he had somehow been there with her, seen what she had seen, felt what she had felt, held her hand every step of her way. Impossible!, declared the rational part of his mind, You must have dreamt about it. Nothing is impossible, claimed another, secret part of him, a dream can come true and truth can seem like a dream.

Suddenly an owl appeared out of nowhere, a being as pure as snow or the silver light of the moon, sister of the myriad stars that watched her silently from the heavens. The majestic creature approached Cid’lihn’s window and tapped the glass window with its beak. Tap, tap, tap. Cid’lihn turned to look upon her through closed eyes and listen to her through ears that slept. " You must awaken, come hither to the rosewood tree, seek beneath the roots, and awaken the keeper."

"Wait, daughter of the night! What secret do the roots of the rosewood tree hold? Who is its keeper?", cried out Cid’lihn but no voice came out of his mouth. You are in the land of the dreams, explained the Eladrin’s rational mind once more, There is no owl and there is no keeper. You are sleeping.

"Cid’lihn! Cid’lihn!", insisted the owl with Marquis‘ voice. " You wouldn’t believe how beautiful the sunrise is, and the rosewood tree, it’s blossoming!" The Eladrin finally opened his eyes and saw Marquis Stillwater grinning at him, his face lighted by the first rays of the sun. A sweet breeze from the slightly ajar window brought him the smell of roses and a dozen of birds were praising the World Tree for blessing them with life, freedom and joy. For the first time in days Cid’lihn’s heart felt light and the Eladrin offered his friend a smile as bright as the rising sun. "What a glorious day! Yes, let’s go to the rosetree. I would so love to see it and smell its flowers! Come Lilakris", said Cid’lihn as he picked up the braceket from his nightstand, "wake up sleepyhead! It’s too beautiful a day for you to slumber still." With quick, graceful movements, Cid’lihn put on his clothes but decided against wearing shoes. He was eager to feel the grass tickle his toes and sense the earth under his feet support him. "Hurry up, Marquis! I’ll race you to the rosewood." The Eladrin’s crystal laughter filled the inn and made both Marquis and the still sleepy Flaustine smile. The Cid’lihn that they knew was finally back!
Old Apr 21st, 2020, 04:31 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RoseWood Tree

left-aligned image

Soft grass tickled the Eladrins foot. Green blades were dewy with droplets, and shone crystalline with sparkling refractions in the morning sunlight. Cid’lihns eye found the beginning of a mossy path placed between two old wooden fence posts. The elf would need to cross to the far side of the garden meadow, where the path led down to a stream, near the forests edge.
Marquis ran gayly through the meadow, he swished his feet through patches of seeding dandelions, and watched as their parasols took to the sky.
Crisp birdsong echoed from all around the Velkom Inn homestead.
Jays and robins pecked and swooped amongst the grounds for worms and bugs. Large feathered raptors and great clawed eagles kept a keen eye for snakes and rabbits from above.
Just past the mossy path at the far end of the meadow,
A steppingstone bridge, polished smoothly by the creek’s caress, led onward toward a great tree. Rooted at the old growth forests edge, there was a great gnarled and twisted trunk whose great canopy of branched arms were covered in large spear pointed burgundy red leaves and budding white blossoms.
" I’ve been looking forward to this! "
Marquis Stillwater called gleefully, as he bounded over to a drooping branch, laden with spiraling white flowers." Cid’lihn, are there many rose trees In the world? They are certainly resplendent! "

Last edited by Aoem; Apr 21st, 2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 03:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
With every step the Eladrin took he felt the invigorating energy of the earth pass through his bare feet to strengthen his body, with every breath he drew he felt lighter, his thoughts clearer. The sweet song of the birds and Marquis‘ hearty laughter were his companions in a moment in time that seemed to last forever. The rosewood tree soon appeared before their eyes and commanded their entire attention, capturing almost all their senses. Their eyes strived to memorize even the tiniest details of the tree‘s majestic trunk rising like a living column meant to reach the clouds, its arms of sturdy wood seemingly supporting the heaven above them and its leaves glistening with the dew that persisted until touched by the rays of the rising sun. Their ears could hear nothing but the movement of the branches as the morning breeze blew between them and the cries of the birds waking up in their nests to greet the new day. Their noses were completely dominated by the fragrant smell of the rosewood tree‘s flowers, a smell so sweet that it surpassed any perfume mortal hands could ever create.

The Eladrin stood before the tree and felt awed by nature’s majesty, imagining that the rosewood tree was a miniature of the primal World Tree, the source of all life. He would have stood before it as the golden light of the sun slowly gave way to the silvery light of the moon, entranced by the unimaginable beauty he was a witness of, if not for Marquis‘ question. "Cid’lihn, are there many rosetrees in the world? They are certainly resplendent!" The druid turned to face his human companion, the light of nature‘s perfection still shining in his eyes. "Yes, my friend, there are, but each is unique and none more beautiful that the one we see before us, at least in my eyes. It calls to me, Marquis, it asks me to caress it, hear its tales, feel the warmth of the sun as its rays fall upon its leaves. Do you hear its whispers as well?" Not waiting for an answer, Cid’lihn slowly approached the tree and touched its trunk. Unlike stone, wood was alive and the druid could feel the juices of the tree inside it, the nutrients its roots absorbed from the ground, the stored energy of the sun and above all its connection to the World Tree itself. The elf‘s hands gently glided down the trunk as Cid’lihn kneeled before the rosewood tree. His gaze came to rest between its roots, the owl‘s voice still clear in his head. "…come hither to the rosewood tree, seek beneath the roots, and awaken the keeper." With a smile on his lips the druid started digging with his hands, careful not to damage the tree‘s roots or any worms or insects that had chosen to make their home there. All life was sacred and had to be respected, the life of the so-called vermin no less important than that of humans, dwarves and elves. Cid’lihn made slow progress, but he didn’t care. In fact he enjoyed the feeling of loose dirt between his fingers and the earthy smells it emanated. And so he continued, unaware of the passage of time, wondering what kind of „guardian“ he would meet.

Old May 1st, 2020, 05:17 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Under the Rosewood Tree
left-aligned image

Gentle hands dug into the dark and fertile soil at the Rosewood trees roots. The soft dirt was rich with earthworms, and other tiny creatures who made their home there. Under the great fragrant boughs of white roses, a blonde Eladrin boy scraped away at layers of soil with his fingers. A blue Jay landed near to him to watch for a while, and a robin landed close by with an eye on the big beetles that crawled from the earth amongst Cid'lihns feet.

Some while passed, as the Druid sought beneath the great rosewood tree. The pleasant ashland meadow was transitioning from spring to summer. Bright flowers, fragrant herbs, and a symphony of birdsong was carried upon the cool breeze that morning.

Cid'lihn was digging away for some time before his long fingers found something solid buried near the great tree's trunk.
Cool upon the fingertips, and smooth textured, this discovery would take some dedicated effort to excavate.

Last edited by Aoem; May 3rd, 2020 at 11:30 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 05:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Touch the rich earth, feel the coolness of the soil in your hands, smell its hidden aromas, place it reverently next to the growing hole, continue digging. Cid’lihn‘s entire existence revolved at the moment around his search for the „guardian“ among the roots of the rosewood tree. The druid had lost all sense of the passage of time, finding himself in a limbo of timelessness where only he and the great tree were present. Suddenly something changed and Cid’lihn senses became once more aware of their surroundings. His hands felt something different, something unlike any of the treasures of the earth the Eladrin had come upon until that moment.

"Marquis, I think I have found something! Come quickly!" The human ran towards the elf and together they attempted to find out what the buried object was. "It seems stuck", said Cid’lihn skeptically, "I don’t think I‘ll be able to free it without any equipment." Suddenly, an idea dawned on him. "I have it, Marquis! What an elf or human won’t be able to do, another creature might." Offering the human a sly wink, Cid’lihn closed his eyes and concentrated on the form he wanted to take. His body shrunk, his mouth turned into a long snout, his arms became short legs, perfect for digging, his skin was covered by a black and white fur. Marquis looked amazed as Cid’lihn turned within seconds into a badger. The animal grunted and squeaked but since the human didn’t seem to understand it, turned its back to him and started digging frantically. Hopefully the new form would suffice to free the unknown object from earth‘s embrace.

Old May 4th, 2020, 01:45 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Beneath the Rosewood

left-aligned image

In the rich soil amongst a Rosewood trees roots, a diligent creature of black and white dug amongst the grass.

With tooth, claw and muddy paw, it worked the earth well into the morning sun. The dirty nosed creature

was able to gleam the results of his efforts within the afternoon.

A scraping sound upon the Badgers nail was enough to know that what he sought was made of stone.

Within the dirt the prize was beginning to become clear.

A staircase of polished stone steppes led downward in a spiral around the tree.

It would be well into the day before the badger had made considerable progress.

~

Marquis Stillwater had walked upon barnacled shores for many years. His calloused feet were used to

jagged textures that might rip the soft skin of most creatures. His nails tough, from a lifetime of seaside living

and working with his hands. It was a luxury for him to dig into the cool soft earth. In the shade of the great Rosewood

tree, his friend Cid'lihn began to explore the earth for something undiscovered. For sometime, Marquis watched the

eladrin boy search among the grassy roots, pulling away layers of plants and earth. It was quite curious to Marquis

that the boy would gravitate so quickly to digging in the dirt. Nonetheless, Marquis found a large flakey stone, and began

to assist Cid'lihn in his endeavor.

Eventually the druid spoke up and said that he had found something! Marquis was elated and moved over nearer to Cid'lihn. "It's quite smooth, like old Polished Stone!"

There was a passion in his voice, he was amazed that they were finding something so unique among the dirt.

" It's a step Cid'lihn, and I bet theres more of them! I'll make my way back here after I grab a shovel."

Last edited by Aoem; May 4th, 2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Swift movements gave way to sluggish ones and the smile of anticipation was replaced by labored breathing as minutes of digging turned to hours and the shadow shed by the rosewood tree became longer and heavier. Despite Marquis‘ assistance the going was slow and uncertain, the doubt in the Eladrin‘s heart growing parallel to the numbness of his muscles. But then the badger‘s claws struck smooth stone instead of earth and roots and the animal made a sound that would have been a laughter of excitement in Cid’lihn’s original form. Reverting back to his elven form, the druid and Marquis worked together until they were certain that the smooth stone they had discovered was nothing other than the first of many steps that led deep inside the earth.

Both the human and the elf realized that despite their best efforts they had made very little progress, which was no wonder considering that they had started their task equipped with songs and smiles instead of pickaxes and spades. Marquis, despite his tiredness, was eager for them to reveal the mystery and offered to bring tools from the inn. Cid’lihn smiled at the human, admiring his strength of spirit, but shook his head. "You are kind, my friend, and I thank you for your commitment but I think we should call it a day. Let us return to the inn, content in the knowledge that there is truth in what I have dreamt of, and come back tomorrow with the right equipment. What lies hidden within the earth’s embrace probably sleeps for a long time, a day or two won’t make a difference. Besides, it might be that Flaustine is willing to lend a hand as well. I think, he is as fond of adventure as you or me."

With a mischievous grin the Eladrin started walking slowly towards the inn, not forgetting to enjoy the smells and sounds of the peaceful afternoon. There is such beauty in the world, thought Cid’lihn with relish, such harmony. I cannot even understand how I let sadness rule over my heart. No matter where my friends are at the moment, we are all connected through the roots and branches of the World Tree. I hope they are as happy as I am at the moment.

Old Jun 1st, 2020, 02:12 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn & Marquis

The evening was warm and smelled of golden flowers. A lush meadow near the Velkom Inn’s southern garden gate was full of buzzing insects and birds. Pollen floated like fine golden dust, filtering through the evening rays of sun. A soothing breeze of air moved through the meadow, causing the grass and wildflowers to dance. The sun was setting between a saddle upon the horizon where two foothills cradled the sun..then swallowed it whole.

A fair haired youth with pointed ears and high cheekbones strode through the meadow. His forest green tunic was attracting butterfly’s that swirled about. Crickets and grasshoppers gave way as he parted the tall grasses and walked toward the garden.

Footsteps behind the Eladrin was a man with tangled dark hair and a sun tanned complexion. His hazel eyes revealed their amber and emerald colors in the dusky rays that shone upon his face from the setting sun.

" Cid’lihn, what can you tell me about the realm of the Fey? Is it similar to where we are now? What do you think that you’ll find under the Rosewood Tree? "

Marquis was as curious about the Fey Realm, and Cid’lihn’s life, as a bee was to blooming flowers. " I’d very much like to return home. I have a family that must have put my talisman in the halls of the salt speakers by now.."

The raftsman sighed, and breathed a few breaths of calming nature. It had been some time since Marquis had been back from his raft. Marquis wasn’t quite sure how he would explain to his tribe all of the things that had happened.

" Aye was jus floating out amongst the beds, poling along in the tide waters. Swear on me pearls that I saw the biggest Oyster ever."

" I dove in, tasted the briny water, swept some sea weed from my face. Then there it was Cid’lihn, a mighty creature with human hands, whose mouth was flayed open and trying for me head."

" Then i remember being told to find a Psion that had passed through Mossbridge, the slimey shadowy folk who had my mind seemed ravished when they spoke of her."

" I had an orb in my saddle bag, it was able to suck any one inside of it and imprison them!"

" Can’t imagine what those beasties would have done with her if i had returned. But, i suppose they know i’m not coming back by now. Let’s just hope they don’t send someone to make sure i forget all of that. Awefully sinister those tentacle men are, had me trashed and beaten when i asked for water. Seems all they care about is feasting."

Marquis shuddered a bit, it was clear that this deep dive into his traumatic memories took some effort.

" ‘Twas all quite ‘orrible really, anyway, I’m quite glad to be here now!"

Marquis’s spirit had lightened considerably since his ill intentioned arrival at the Inn’s doorstep. The memories of his hunting of the Shadar Kai Anka was far behind him. He joyfully traipsed through the lush meadow, and skipped ahead of Cid’lin to open the garden gate.

" Flaustine might have something cooking by now, and I wonder if we could find the key to the wine cellar!"

The two story inn, with a high arched wood shingled roof, was nustled up to a crystal pond. Smoke curled from the chimney, and the windows were alive with a soft flickering glow of hearth and candle light.

Sitting upon a rocking chair, by the wooden stepped porch, Flaustine sat whittling upon a long staff. He looked up and saw the pair approaching from the garden. " Hello! My, you two look like you just emerged from a badger hole. How goes it? "

Last edited by Aoem; Jun 1st, 2020 at 02:22 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Walking towards home through the colorful meadow, accompanied by the smell of flowers, the wind‘s caress and the kisses of the setting sun, was so relaxing that the Eladrin felt a strong desire to lay down, close his eyes and enjoy this wonderful afternoon. His muscles stopped aching, the sweat of his brow stopped flowing and his heart rejoiced. Marquis was obviously affected by the beauty around them as well, for he wanted to know more about Cid’lihn‘s original home.

The two sat down on the soft grass and the human soon followed the Eladrin’s example as he lay back and closed his eyes, letting his other senses try to capture the magic of the moment. "The Feywild, as is the home of the Fey called, is as much a feeling as it is a place", said Cid’lihn dreamily. "My memory seems haze for some reason but the books I found in the inn’s hidden library, those collected by Flaustine’s grandmother, seem to have woken something slumbering deep inside me. I have a connection with the Feywild, you see. I am just not sure if…" Lost in thought, it took the elf boy several minutes to continue speaking, making Marquis wonder for a time if Cid’lihn had perhaps fallen asleep. "To come back to your question, my friend, the Feywild could be just like this beautiful meadow, but with a large dose of magic and wonder poured on it! In the Land of the Fey nature reigns supremely, more so than any Fey King or Queen. It is wild and tame at the same time, seeks to share its bounty but also to keep its secrets from those who make their home under its power. It is everywhere and in everything and will surprise you the very moment you think you have figured it out, much like the Fey themselves, who are just another aspect of it. It is the wild heart of the World Tree, making it grow and thrive and encompass everything around it." Looking at Marquis, Cid’lihn smiled apologetically. "I am sorry if that makes little sense. As I said, the Feywild is as much a feeling as it is a place. As for what we’ll find at the bottom of the staircase… I really couldn’t tell. My imagination goes wild even at this very moment but I doubt I can truly guess what is hidden there. I guess I’ll practice in patience and wait for our spades to reveal the earth’s secret."

The talk about the Eladrin’s home brought memories of the human’s home as well. A simple but enjoyable life of fishing and swimming in the vast sea, a community of humans bound by tradition and love, a family shedding tears, believing Marquis gone and never to return. Cid’lihn would not have believed that sorrow existed anywhere in the world on a day such as this, but felt the tears run down his cheeks as his friend spoke about his capture and the sinister mission he was expected to accomplish. Without warning, the Eladrin stood up, approached Marquis and hugged him as tightly as he could, whispering to him. "Don’t worry, Marquis, we’ll get you home. We will. You will forget this nightmare –for what was this experience other than a nightmare?- when you are surrounded by your loved ones. Take heart at that certainty!" Letting the feel of warm flesh upon warm flesh, the buzzing of the bees and the reddish light of the sun comfort his friend’s heart, it was minutes before he felt Marquis stir and saw hope in his brilliant smile. A smile that would become permanent when he would be reunited with his loved ones. Reunited with his loved ones… Mother, father, sister… Once more, Cid’lihn had the impression that true memory was just beyond his reach. He had a mother who loved him dearly -who didn’t have one?- but he knew that he also had a father and a sister. He knew it with the same certainty that he knew that he had two arms and two legs and yet… Why could he not picture their faces? Why could he not remember their names? Why was he at a loss to recall the last time he had met them? Something was not right here. Something stopped him from gaining access to these, and other, memories. Something made sure that a large part of his being remained sleeping. Perhaps… perhaps that was the secret under the rosewood roots. A key to remember and be whole…

Both Cid’lihn and Marquis were lost in thought as they walked towards the inn’s garden. And yet the moment they opened the garden gate it was as if the friendly warmth of the building itself and the warmth in the hearts of all those who had at some time stayed in it chased away the melancholy and invigorated them. Marquis spoke of dinner and a glass of wine, which was a wonderful thought, and the young druid felt once more the eagerness to share their discovery with Flaustine. They found the man in his rocking chair, enjoying the laziness of the afternoon, content in the knowledge that all that had to be done this day had indeed been done, and done well! It was such a nice feeling, knowing that one had finished one’s duty and had the luxury of actually enjoying oneself by reading a good book, playing some music or even doing nothing at all. The afternoon was the „autumn“ of the day, the time when one had time for oneself and the world around one to relax, enjoy, just be. It was a feeling Cid’lihn had come to know well after doing the various chores that had to be done to keep the inn and its grounds at a pristine state. But still… he somehow had the strange feeling that he had another duty, a secret duty, a duty entrusted on him by…

The youth shook his head to clear his thoughts, looked at his filthy clothes covered in dirt and started laughing. "A badger hole! That it more appropriate than you think, good sir! Isn’t that right Marquis?" Bursts of laughter wouldn’t allow him to say anything more and the Eladrin just enjoyed the mirth in his heart. It was just so nice to laugh at a joke in the presence of one’s friends. So nice… Eventually, the two calmed down, cleaned themselves up and helped Flaustine in setting the table. Flaustine and Marquis ate two juicy sausages each, but the Eladrin was content with his wild rice and tasty vegetables. Between mouthfuls, Cid’lihn explained how Marquis and he had passed the day. "It all started with a dream, sir, a majestic owl telling me to look under the roots of the rosewood tree. You can imagine my surprise when Marquis woke me up and told me that the very same tree had bloomed. It’s such a wonderful sight, you absolutely have to see it! Anyway, we dug the earth in front of the tree with our hands and claws -yes, I mean it when I say claws!- and found the beginning of a stone staircase. We intend to return tomorrow with pickaxes and spades. We are just so close to discovering this secret, I know it! Would you care to come along, sir? Would you care to join our adventure?"
Old Jun 17th, 2020, 03:26 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Flaustine
left-aligned image

"Welcome in!" With a flourish of his hand, Flaustine opened the door of the lodge for both Cid’lihn and Marquis. He smiled warmly, and gave them a hug on both sides of their body as they entered. " It’s good to see the two of you about and exploring!" Flaustine tipped his head toward the fire place, where upon the smolering embers within the hearth, a large clay pot sat sizzling. The bubbling simmer was rich in delightful aromatics and flavor, the wafting smell drifted toward all of their noses. " A warm soup for your tired souls, a good meal is just the way to finish a day."

While they sat, Flaustine was leafing through an old leather bound book, from which he occasionally looked up from and caught Cid’lihns eye. After a a couple of those moments, Flaustine straightened his back, closed the book and scooted his chair just a few inches closer to Cid’lihn. He smiled deeply and began to say, " Good Eladrain with a world trees heart, may i show you compassion that you have helped me learn?
It is noticeable that within your eyes, that are windows to your soul, i see an inner child that looks lost. Cid’lihn, what is it that ails you? The connections of which you speak, of the interwoven nature of all things, this humbles me greatly. I want to offer my support and nurturing company for anything which you need to discuss."

Flaustine then placed his hands together in front of his chest and bowed.
He respectfully oriented himself to hear Cid’lihns words, with a genuine look of learning and empathy.

Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 03:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cid’lihn
left-aligned image
Flaustine’s kind words touched Cid’lihn‘s heart and tears flooded his eyes. The Eladrin suddenly grasped the man‘s hand in a gesture of affection. He had made such great friends here at the inn! "Oh, kind Sir, I thank you for giving me a home and treating me more like a son than an employee. The thing is, I don’t even know myself what exactly the problem is. I sense that something is not right with me, with my memories, with my past. I can remember these past few weeks with crystal clarity but can’t even tell you the name of my own mother. I see her face in my head, but so hazily I cannot make out any details. The same is true for the rest of my family, my friends, my home, my entire life before coming here. I feel like a newborn but know that is not the case. At first I was unaware of anything being wrong. I was very pleased to work here with my good friends and had no reason to search my memory for faces or things of the past. The song about Quills the hedgehog and the four seasons brought it all back however, because it is a song I know, I knew, many, many years ago. How is that possible? I am no older than twenty years! Or am I? I am genuine in my speech and actions but I feel everything is built upon a lie. The realm of the fey seems to hold the secret to this, I know it does even though I couldn’t possibly know such a thing. Oh, Sir, help me find out the truth! Let us head out tomorrow with pickaxes and spades and uncover what lies beneath the rosewood. Will you help me?"

Cid’lihn could hold his tears no longer and let them roll down his cheeks. It was nice to be surrounded by friends who sought to aid and comfort you. Among such people there was no need to be guarded and the Eladrin could show the true feelings in his heart. The tears felt good as they left his eyes and traveled the landscape of his face. They were not tears of pain or despair, they were tears of hope. Cid’lihn knew that his friends would travel the path he was meant to take with him, no matter what its true destination was. The three of them would soon know more about the young elf‘s mysterious affliction and then they would end it!
Old Aug 8th, 2020, 04:32 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Marquis
left-aligned image

"Indeed it be difficult." Marquis said thoughtfully as he ran a calloused hand through his dark tangled hair"Yeh describe waking up to a world inside, a space of remembrance."
The tanned skinned man smiled, the wind chapped creases of his face wrinkled his weathered complexion. His strong fingers reached out and grasped the stem of a crystal goblet, and from his other hand he poured a serving of honeyed tonic into the glass.

" Shall we drink to being in good spirits!" Marquis chuckled wholeheartedly as he passed the cup to Cid'lihn. " For let us wash the bitterest of memories, with the sweetest of nectar."
The salty raftsman raised his goblet to Cid'lihn and Flaustine, his eyes met with the Eladrin, and as his glass lifted he said,

" My possession felt akin to what you are describing. Mine mind felt washed with the flooding of brackish thought, they which pulled my soul into a maelstrom of madness. What lurks in those depths, that had once snared the essence of mine sprit, is a powerful foe. I cannot live peacefully, without having tried to undo what darkness plots beneath the waters."

Marquis reached to his throat, where his fingers found the sensitive scar of his recent strangling. A pained moment of reflection passed, but then Maquis looked upward, his eyes reflecting brightly.

"Yeh be disconnected from the memories of your life, and i can feel the pain in your words. To begin to think about the realm of your home, is mysterious to me. Compelling and vivid as well. the thought of which shines through the fog of my confusion.

The magick of the World Tree, that has healed my wounds, feels ancient and true. I am indebted to the realm of the fey, and to you Cid'lihn,"

Marquis gazed affectionately into the candle light upon the table, his warm complexion seemed a far cry from the half drowned man who had washed up on the door step some days ago.

I will help you find what lays under the rose wood tree. I want to find a way to connect with the fey, and learn the speech of the forest and brook, so that i can show my daughter the sprites who dance upon falling leaves.

"Maybe if the gods are good, we will find a way to make safe the land from these corrupters of conscious as well."