Game Thread Part I: To Domkol - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 07:44 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 748
Araceli Naeva HazesunAraceli trys to regain her composure while she follows the red-haired girl through the tunnle. This is not what she had been expecting when she went to the teapot shop this morning. She trys to order the thought in her head to assess the situation and pushes the image of the empty eyes of the dwarf somewhere in the back of her mind.

Once they step out of the tunnle the young mage takes a deep breath and the fresh air helps her calm down a bit. While the others are talking she looks around mentally calling for Twiggle who had been following her to the dwarf's house. Having him by her side again would give her at least some reassurance.

The idea of going up against these obviously dangerous people has Araceli shift uncomfortably. This is not what she had been trained for, she is no fighter. But she had promised to help and an innocent woman was in danger, how could she not at least offer whatever support she can? Besides, she has a knight and a priestess by her side so it will be fine.

"I will offer my help as well" the short woman says with a shy smile on her face as she looks up toward the knight and the priestess. "Before we go, may I ask who I have the honor of working with. I think I have not asked your name yet"

Last edited by cookieyummy; Feb 14th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
  #32  
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy responded with the formality of a proud military figure.

"You address Ser Amelia Verrick: Knight of the Spear."

Then the facade cracked. Her stern expression gave way to a warm, casual smile.

"But if that's too much of a mouthful, I also answer to 'Amy'."

 
  #33  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 09:55 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
A farmhouse outside of Domkol
right-aligned image
Mrs. Irongut
Before the ruffians knew what hit them, one had an arrow protruding from his back courtesy of Berry and then he was knocked out cold by a forceful whack of Huern's quarterstaff. The other man was so shocked by events he turned to run away from the pair without even drawing a weapon. His destination seemed to be a nearby stairwell that led to a second story of the farmhouse.

The dwarf seemed just as shocked though any fear had fallen off her face replaced by hope she was going to survive this ordeal.

oocI'm condensing actions a bit for the sake of brevity. Berry's action comes first as he won initiative, then the ruffian's turn. He is running away, providing Huern an attack of opportunity as a reaction, then Huern's normal action for his turn as well as Berry's next turn.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #34  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 10:17 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
The four ladies Relief washed over Anya's face as the trio of women agreed to help her mentor's wife. She led them out of the cave where a narrow path led down the hillside to the river. Moving some brush aside, revealed a raft just big enough for them to all fit. Dragging the craft up river a bit so that you can reach the other shore without floating past the city, you all clamber aboard and reach the other side of the slow moving river easily. Once there, Anya stashes the raft and heads off across country, saying she'd prefer to stay off the roads if possible.

As night falls, you have a choice to make. Either approach a farm house and ask for charity or camp out under the stars on the outskirts of a field or in a copse of trees or perhaps by the banks of the Southrick.

oocIf you look at the map of Rhyfel, you left Kersdinas and crossed the river at the southeastern portion of the city and trekked cross country to the eastern branch of the rivers past the confluence. You're in the square adjacent to Kersdinas between the capital and the town of Southrick. Domkol is on the far side of Southrick.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #35  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,325
left-aligned image
As Berry sighed as the intruder ran...toward the house. He'd hoped to avoid more violence, but he couldn't have the bandit lurking in the dwarf woman's house. Perhaps he and the druid, who was proving quite capable, could subdue him the way they'd taken the first man down. Sighting his bow on the retreating thug, he released another arrow, nodding to the druid to signal some timely head-thumpage.

Dice Attack:
d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
d6+3 (1)+3 Total = 4

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #36  
Old Feb 15th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
This cloak and dagger approach didn't sit well with Amy. She'd have much preferred to charge triumphantly to the rescue. But if moving in secret prevented an ambush by more thugs, then maybe it was worth the trouble. Amy helped the others drag the raft downriver. She noted with approval that Tahira more than pulled her weight. Those heavy robes must be concealing some muscle. Strong and scholarly! Amy had been blessed with an admirable priestess.
  #37  
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 03:46 AM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
Sleepover
left-aligned image
Tahira
Tahira says to her companions, "Since we cannot reach Mrs Irongut until tomorrow, I suggest we camp right here under the trees. I am sure we could travel to the nearest farm and they would extend their hospitality. However, you never know when the food they serve is sorely needed. "


OOC
 


 


 

  #38  
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
"Works for me. This won't be the first time that I've slept beneath the stars."

Amy had gradually loosened up around Tahira. She wanted to test her priestess' boundaries. Would she be fine with a more casual relationship? Because while Amy could certainly act like a stereotypical paladin, she didn't much care for it. She'd keep an eye out for signs of discomfort from Tahira. If being too friendly caused problems, she'd grit her teeth and stiffen up again.

The young knight set about removing her heavy chainmail. When the last bit of metal had left her, she stretched with relief. Sometimes she envied the warrior monks, who could fight just fine in normal clothes. Then again, shining armour looked so much more impressive. It was a fair trade. Now far more free to relax, Amy took a seat beneath a particularly nice tree.

"Well, that was certainly an unexpected start. We picked up a Mage and a shopkeeper; Witnessed a terrible crime; Got trapped in a burning building; Fled through a secret tunnel; And now we're on our way to rescue a woman from a criminal conspiracy. If this is just the preamble, I can scarcely imagine how the main mission will turn out."

Last edited by Kaiya; Feb 16th, 2018 at 04:34 AM.
  #39  
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 05:11 AM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
Sleepover
left-aligned image
Tahira
"I must agree that this is a most interesting start to our endeavors. Of course, my people would sometimes utter a curse at those they did not like- may you live in interesting times. Be that as it may, I trust in the Martyr Evelyn to see us thru this ordeal."

With that the priestess went to bed. Who knows what interesting times tomorrow might bring?


OOC
 


 


 

  #40  
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
The Ladies Four
right-aligned image
As night descends on the fields beyond the view of Kersdinas, Anya, Tahira, Ameila, and Araceli pick a tree line flanking a small stream which feeds the Southrick to set up camp. They still have at least another day of walking to clear the town of Southrick. On this matter, Anya gives her opinion.

"I know what you two are going to suggest and I say its folly," the girl directs her remark to the priestess and paladin. "You're going to want to go to the shrine in Southrick for help. There's no way the guild isn't watching every entry to that town. No way. While they may think we died in that fire, I bet my bottom coin word has spread about my mentor which puts me on their watch list as well. Besides, by my estimation, we're behind whoever may have left Kersdinas for Domkol and Mrs. Irongut. We can't afford a delay if we're to save her. Hell, maybe they already sent someone days ago and all we'll find is another corpse." The girl's eyes tear up at the thought. "We just have to try, though...right?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #41  
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
Sleepover
left-aligned image
Tahira
Tahira tried to think of something to comfort the poor girl but nothing would come and so she decided on the truth.

"We will arrive on time or we will be too late. Either way, worrying will not make a difference. I know it hurts, but we will do our best to get their as fast as possible. If fortune favors us, then we shall save Mrs Irongut. If not, I believe Amy will have us seek 'justice'. A barbaric thing this justice- best left to gods and kings as I already said. But, sometimes gods and kings need help with these matters."


OOC
 


 


 


Last edited by Landsknechts; Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:18 AM.
  #42  
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
No chance of calling for help? Amy found it hard to believe that the criminals had so much reach. She wondered whether Anya was just being paranoid. But yet again, the knight acquiesced. She could probably handle a few thugs without bothering the local soldiers. She listened as her priestess offered a few honest words. Then Amy chimed in with some of her own.

"Tahira is right. I can't promise that this story will have a happy ending. But I'll do my utmost to seek one. As for the nature of justice, that's a debate for some other time. Maybe when all this is over, we'll get the chance to sit down and discuss theology."

When the time came to sleep, Amy would settle down beside Tahira. She lay between her priestess and her halberd. Anyone who sought to harm the former would be greeted by the latter.
  #43  
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 02:08 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 748
Araceli Naeva HazesunAraceli was really exicited to spend the night outside. She may have snuck out of the tower once or twice to find a good spot for star gazing but she never actually slept with nothing but the moonlit sky above her.

As soon as the small group found a place to rest for the night the young woman put her bag down and started prepairing her bed. It's been an eventful day and she was extremly tired. While spreading out her bedroll she listened closly to the conversation between her newly aquired companions. The priestess seemed very respectable and wise but it was the paladin, Amy, who was especially intersting to her. As a knight she had probably already experienced some exciting things and after hearing her comment about camping ouside the short girl decided to ask Amy for some stories in the morning, when she's not half asleep anymore.

Hearing the desperation in Anya's words makes Araceli feel very sorry for her. How would she react if something like this would have happend to Master Kamaex? The young mage shoke her head a bit to chase the pictures away as she went over to the red haired girl who's eyes had been tearing up at this point and put an arm around her shoulders. "We will all do our best and I'm sure it's gonna be alright. We already covered a good part of the way to Southrick, so we will be there before you know it. And Tahira, Amy and I have got your back, ok, so your're not alone in this." she said to Anya with a warm smile on her face. "So let's all go to bed so we can be well rested tomorrow. And then we will go save your friend." the short girl added with a yawn before finally getting back to her bed and laying down for the night.

As she fell asleep she felt a tiny owl snuggling up to her chest.
  #44  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4356
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,392
Huern Haive Amiliya'goule
right-aligned image

Swiftly nodding to his comrade-in-arms, Huern made to swing down once more and incapacitate the second ruffian. His quarterstaff still dripping with the sappy goodness of the elvish tree, rivulets of the semi-liquid landed on the ground and on the human's head as the staff made contact. Surely, this duo was quite efficient.

"Huu!" Pulling back his staff, the druid let out his breathe and turned to face the dwarven farmer. His head was spinning from such an adrenaline rush, but the first thing that the half-elf could think to do was the a lesson smacked into him. Make sure not to evoke anger from others, especially dwarves. "Are you alright miss?"


OOCReaction: Quarterstaff vs Ruffian (ATK 14 | DMG 10)

 


Last edited by Maskain; Feb 19th, 2018 at 05:13 AM.
  #45  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 07:45 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
A farmhouse outside Domkol
right-aligned image
Mrs. Irongut
Between Berry's arrows and Huern's quarterstaff, both ruffians were unconscious on the floor of the dwarf's house.

"I thank ye kindly but you two most likely just brought about yer own doom. These men work fer the thieves' guild out of Kersdinas and once Atrius learns of this, his men will come fer you as well."

She looks to Berry and says, "If they came here it means my husband's duplicity has been discovered and he is likely dead. I plan on making fer yer people. I may be able to blend in. If nothing else get me hands into some more dirt. I suggest you come with me." Giving a knowing look at Huern, she says, "The little folk are more understanding of those with elven blood than most humans you'll find."
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB