Game Thread Part I: To Domkol - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 07:57 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
The Ladies Four With reassurances given, the four ladies slept peacefully and began early the next morning setting a good pace following the Southrick east. Passing a small dock, Anya says under her breath, "Let's hope these fisherman and bargemen are not the curious type though I'm sure the guild has their fingers in doings here. Best just move through."

While none of the people working the dock made so much as a sound at the passing procession, all four of the ladies could feel eyes upon them as they skirted the river landing.

The following day saw the group approach the village of Domkol, a small hamlet with al market square consisting of hard packed dirt with two or three permanent stalls, an anvil and fire pit for smithing, and a little wooden shrine to Evelyn. Those residents who farmed the nearby fields had small wattle and daub cottages with houses further from town being made of straw. One stone building stood at the edge of town. This structure, while still only one story, likely housed five or six separate rooms within and no doubt belonged to the noble in charge of maintaining the fields of his hundred. Attached to the back of the noble's house appeared to be a set up for brewing ale.

right-aligned image
Anya led the group away from the village to a rye field and a small farmhouse. Approaching the structure, you could see through the doorway two men speaking with a female dwarf. One was easily identifiable as a halfling by his stature, the other appeared human. There were two male bodies lying on the floor.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #47  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,325
left-aligned image
As Berry waited for the druid to check on the dwarf woman, then turned to head back into town to continue the mission. However, instead of giving the customary thanks and praise, the dwarf apparently attached herself to their group! Blinking for a moment, he turned back to protest, ready to remind the druid of their mission, but stopped himself. They'd just waylaid two members of the Thieves' Guild...even if they were to murder the men and hide the bodies, the guild certainly knew where they'd been sent. If they didn't return, it was the same as if they allowed the men to go back and report what happened...except that the blame would be shifted entirely onto the dwarf, rather than where it belonged. So she has to come along, otherwise we may as well have let the men kill her, he realized with a sigh. Ah well, such was the cost of getting involved, and it was a cost Berry would gladly pay.

"We're meeting some companions first," he told the woman, after sharing a glance with his companion, "after which I shall be glad to escort you to my people." As far as he knew, he was simply to bring the druid to meet the priestess and the knight, though there was a chance they'd require his service as well. If so, perhaps they could bring the dwarf along far enough to book her safe passage back home. They'd cross that bridge when they came to it...the important thing now was meeting up with their target, hopefully before word got back to the guild.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #48  
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
The extra attention didn't bother Amy. Armoured knights, veiled priestesses and robed mages tend to draw the eye. To be honest, she liked being noticed. It reassured people that the ancient orders still kept watch over this land. The group made their way through the peaceful, pastoral countryside. In different circumstances, this would have been a pleasant journey. Eventually, they came within sight of a small village. Amy would normally have paid her respects at the humble shrine in the square. But Anya (as expected) wasn't inclined to visit. So Amy contented herself with a brief, quiet prayer from a distance.

Finally, the group drew near to their destination. Amy's pulse quickened as she moved through the rye field. Had they arrived in time to prevent a tragedy? She peered ahead. Ah ha! A female dwarf, being accosted by two men! The shopkeeper's wife was still alive. Now Amy just had to keep her that way. As stealthily as a tall armoured figure could manage, she stalked towards the farmhouse. These thugs would pay for their crimes!
  #49  
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 05:33 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 21st, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 748
Araceli Naeva HazesunWhen the small group got on their way again the next day Araceli was in a good mood. Ever since she became Master Kamaex apprentice she didn't really had the time to roam around outside like she used to so she enjoyed the light breeze on her face and the sun on her skin. While following Anya through the countryside the young mage tried to strike up a conversation with Amy as a she took in the beautiful landscape around with an almost childlike excitment. Why hadn't she done a trip like this before? Happily smiling she waves at some fishermen who seemed to watch the small traveling group carefully.

As they approached the small farm house Anya was leading them to Araceli got a bit more careful and fell back behind the others. Would they have to fight this time? They had to be still on time, right? Still in thought she almost bumped into Amy who started to move slow and stealthily towards the small hut where the young girl could now spot a dwarven woman as well as two other figures. They made it in time! She was unsure how she should feel but sneaking was probably their best option right now so she slowed down and tried to move as quiet as she could.

  #50  
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
Sleepover
left-aligned image
Tahira
Tahira knew she wasn't the stealthiest of persons at the best of times. With armor on, she would be heard by almost anyone. But still she had to try. Saying a short Guidance Cantripprayer, she tried to move up as
Dice stealth:
2d20-1kl1 (4, 7 (keeping 4) )-1 Total = 3
1d4t 1 Running Total = 4
quietlyas possible to where the others were. Tripping, going down to one knee and making as much noise as possible Tahira decided to give up on subterfuge.

"Let that woman go you ruffians!", she yells as she burst upon the scene.


OOC
 


 


 


Last edited by Landsknechts; Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
  #51  
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,325
left-aligned image
As Berry's ears perked as he heard rustling in the grass headed their way. Glancing down at the two fallen thugs, he thought, There's no way the Guild could've found out about this already...is there? Deciding against that, on the merit that anyone they sent would've been quite a bit stealthier, Berry knocked an arrow, but kept the string loose as he looked around. He saw a group of armored women wading through the rye fields, one of them shouting a challenge as she tried to keep her feet on the rough terrain..."Let that woman go you ruffians!"

Glancing at the half-elf with a brief, amused smile, he called out to the one who challenged them, "She is not being detained by us, my lady...ask her yourself. " He wondered if this were indeed the priestess and the knight; Delwin hadn't mentioned a third party. Then again, they themselves had apparently already picked up a third, so who knew? "Am I correct in assuming that I address the priestess who seeks a companion?" Berry avoided saying too much about who the companion was, just in case. He couldn't be entirely sure these people were who he thought they were, and he knew very little about them to begin with.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #52  
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
A Gathering of Fellows
left-aligned image
Tahira
These two were a halfling and a half-elf so she supposed these where the ones she was sent to meet. Tahira marveled how everything seemed to be fitting together. Who can know the ways of the Martyr Evelyn. Certainly not I.

"I gather you are Huern and Berilac. I am the Priestess Tahira and am evidently in need of companions for a quest I am sure that I am not sure what it is that I am suppose to be doing. This brave knight, Amelia Verrick, has been charged with my protection. This young one, is Areceli, Master Kamaex apprntice. Somehow the good Master has found out about this endeavor and sees the need for her to tag along. Finally, Anya, Mr. Irongut's apprentice.

Mrs. Irongut, I am so sorry. I bring ill tidings. Your husband was foully murdered. We were rushing here to prevent the same thing from happening to you. Evidently, Huern and Berilac have done you that service."




OOC
 


 


 


Last edited by Landsknechts; Feb 26th, 2018 at 11:34 AM.
  #53  
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 11:59 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
Irongut Farmstead
right-aligned image
Mrs. Irongut
The Irongut matron seeing a glimpse of Anya from behind the knight and priestess runs over to console the young girl. "Glad ta see ya made it, deary. Don't fret over Geahr. I've bin tellin' him this day would come fer twenty years. Paying those bastards in the guild for protection was a necessary evil but he wouldn't hear it. This kind of thing didn't happen back home, he'd always say."

Before she would let her memories tear in her eyes, the dwarf set about in the small kitchen of her house. "Well, I thank ye all kindly fer seeing those ruffians put down and ta tending to Miss Anya here. Least I could do but ta get some biscuits and spread put out." She plucks some still soft bread from a cabinet and a tub of lard out of another and slaps a butter knife onto her table.

"I said I'd put it out...not serve ya!"
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #54  
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy's righteous anger would find no conduit here. As it turned out, this battle was already over. The so-called 'thugs' were actually allies she'd been originally sent to meet. Like Tahira, Amy felt the influence of a higher power here. Through seeming coincidence, an invisible hand had guided her to exactly the right place.

Now that the threat had passed, Amy was free to relax. Anya and Mrs Irongut didn't need anyone interrupting their reunion. So instead, the knight greeted the two newcomers.

"It seems our groups were already working together, even before we met. You have my thanks. Hopefully this is the start of a strong partnership."
  #55  
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4356
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,392
Huern Haive Amiliya'goule
right-aligned image

"You're quite generous. The road doesn't offer fresh bread often so, don't mind if I do." the druid chuckled to himself, grabbing for the knife. Seeing the metal of the item though, Huern balked and simply grabbed a dry piece of bread. "It always is best to savor the true flavor though, before adding to it." he offered as excuse.

"Yes indeed, we are those two. Though I'm more inclined to trust that this group has always worked together," the half-elves eyebrows rose in a knowing way, swaying between Tahira and Amy, "certainly we've been for some days so who's to say it hasn't always been that way?"

A broad smile on his face, Huern took a bite of bread before continuing. "Though hearing our goal is unclear is disconcerting, I know our path will be found soon. We have a direction at least... after these two are cared for of course."
  #56  
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,325
left-aligned image
As Berry nodded politely by way of thanks to Mrs. Irongut, helping himself to the bread and slathering on a generous spread of lard. As he chewed, appreciating the hearty bread, he listened to everyone chatter, listening far more than speaking. He only offered a quiet, "I am here to assist you in any way I can. I was not told your mission, nor do I necessarily need to know it, if it requires secrecy. Simply command me, and I shall serve." That said, he continued enjoying the baked bread, for he knew it was back to trail rations and whatever he could hunt, once they got going.

Upon finishing the bread, he drew out his pipe and tobacco, packing the bowl with loving practice. It seemed the taller folk needed to discuss plans, so unless they needed his advice on the actual journey, it seemed a good time to enjoy a pipe and take a quiet moment.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #57  
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
A Gathering of Fellows
left-aligned image
Tahira
"Well, the first part I am sure of. We are to reopen the dwarrven road thru the mountains or bypass it somehow and get to Gul Doral where more may be revealed to us. That is why I went to see Gaehr Irongut in the first place. I was told that he might have information useful in that endeavor. But alas, he won't be speaking of what he knew to anyone anymore. But perhaps, Mrs. Irongut, do you perchance have any information that could help us get through the mountains or better yet give us a clue how to reopen the dwarven road?"



OOC
 


 


 


Last edited by Landsknechts; Feb 28th, 2018 at 08:29 PM.
  #58  
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 09:44 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 13774
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,838
Irongut Farmstead
left-aligned image
Mrs. Irongut
At the mention of reopening the road, Mrs. Irongut gives a hearty guffaw. "You think you can reclaim what an entire nation of dwarves couldn't protect?! That place is cursed. The stone of its halls will drive you to madness. The twists of its tunnels will take your senses. Something dark dwells there and you'll pray for the embrace of death long before you find it. What fool would send you there?" The dwarven woman is obviously rattled by the mention of her former home as she shakes her head and moves toward the door outside, apparently having said her piece on the matter. As she passes by the two unconscious ruffians, she kicks one in the stomach and calls back, "I hope you intend to do something with these two. They aren't welcome to stay for supper."

right-aligned image
A worried look crossed Anya's face as she watched her friend walk out of the farmhouse. "Neither of them would ever talk about that place. I learned right quick not to bring it up around Geahr. It would send him into a foul mood for days. Whatever happened there, they wish they could just forget it. Why do you need to go there anyway? Searching for lost dwarvish treasure, magic relics, gateway to the Abyss?" She then leans in closer across the table in an attempt to keep Mrs. Irongut from hearing her. "He didn't know I overheard him,
but one night Geahr was talking to another dwarf about news they'd heard about people taking up residence in the entrance to Khul Boldohr. The dwarf wanted to go convince them to leave but Geahr would have none of it.
He said if they were fools enough to live there they deserved what they had coming to them."


She leaned back again and asked, an eager expression on her face, "So, what is it, gold, platinum, mithril, magic? Come on, out with it!"
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #59  
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 12:16 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy felt a surge of pride. Mrs. Irongut and Anya painted a grim picture of Khul Boldohr: The kind of place that swallowed explorers whole. But that only made this mission even more of an honour. Even knowing the task's extreme difficulty, Ser Bryan and the Presbytera had chosen Tahira and Amy for it. It was gladdening to know that the pair's superiors had such faith in their abilities. Amy would do her best to meet those expectations.

Anya's probing got nothing from the knight. Relaxed as Amy could be about protocol, she took orders very seriously. Besides, she didn't actually have many answers to give.

"Not a chance. This is important church business. Strictly need to know."
  #60  
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 02:10 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,325
left-aligned image
As Berry lit his pipe, sending lazy swirls of blue-grey smoke curling around his head before ascending slowly skyward, watching the party strategize. He wasn't well-pleased with Anya's questions; the last thing any of them needed was some wide-eyed girl tagging along, rooting for adventure. That's how wide-eyed young girls got killed, more often than not. The armored lady seemed to quell further questions well enough, though.

He couldn't suppress his grin, however, at the dwarf's treatment of the prisoners. He had about as much chance as dragging either one of them as he did pulling a cloud from the sky, but she was right...they needed to be dealt with. At the very least, he decided, I can restrain them from doing further harm. Heading toward the thugs with his pipe clamped firmly between his teeth, he withdrew a bundle of stout hempen rope, and proceeded to hogtied the two, front to front so they couldn't work at each others' knots. If they resisted too much, Berry was afraid the group would have little choice but to immobilize the men in a more permanent fashion, though he suspected the priestess would be a bit squeamish about such things. He himself was hoping to avoid such drastic measures as well, but he would do what needed to be done.

Once he had the men tied, and gave a good tug to test the knots, he settled against a nearby tree, returning to his pipe.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB