Game Thread Part I: To Domkol - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 07:05 PM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 16th, 2021
RPXP: 4356
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,382
Huern Haive Amiliya'goule
right-aligned image

Frowning at the dismissive words of Amy, Huern flipped that and turned smiling to the questionative girl. Taking a hand to his mouth, covering half of it to ward away the paladin's ear, but speaking only low enough for flair, he tried to light back her curiosity once more. "You've got to wonder. Something so valuable that six were sent so quickly - and a few still unwary." His grin deepened, feigning that he was one in the know. And knowing that of any "in the know" it was likely the priestess or her paladin, keeping information close to the chest.

Pulling back his hand, the druid gave a wink and returned to his snack. A single piece would never do. "Would you happen to know the names of the people... dwarves? The ones now based in Khul Boldohr. In case we run into them." he spoke. Or walk over them. A worrying thought that Huern pushed back as it crossed his mind.

"Either way, she was right," the half-elf pointed to the direction of Mrs. Irongut, "we likely haven't long before those two become a cautionary item. It'd be smart to hide them somewhere then make out of here."
  #62  
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 09:18 PM
Landsknechts's Avatar
Landsknechts Landsknechts is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 14th, 2018
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Posts: 1,561
Sleepover
left-aligned image
Tahira
Tahira thought about the two prisoners while the others talked. "The right thing to do would be to turn them over to the authorities but that is not an option here. Evidently their guild has its hands in many pies. So, we have to give Mrs Irongut some time to flee from here. I'm no murderer so slitting their throat is out. I guess best march them along with us and halfway towards our destination we leave them tied where some farmer will find them in the morning. Or, does someone else have a better idea?". And more to herself than anyone else, "Too bad we had to leave in such a hurry. Some horses, lances and a heavy crossbow would have been nice."


OOC
 


 


 


Last edited by Landsknechts; Mar 3rd, 2018 at 09:24 PM.
  #63  
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,324
left-aligned image
As Berry cast an odd look at the bard as he worked his "magic" on the young blacksmith. Hardly seems an appropriate time to be courting, he thought to himself, with the young lady fresh over the death of her surrogate father, and needing to leave town. Still, he gave the druid credit for trying; apparently, he liked his women aggressive and roughshod.

As the priestess mourned the loss of supplies, Berry spoke up in a quiet, clear voice. "If you leave me a list of items you need," he offered, "I can make a supply run into town while you folks head toward our destination. I can catch up with you." Indicating the two thugs with the stem of his pipe, he added, "Though I recommend leaving these two behind. If we bring them along, even a short way, they can eventually report which direction we traveled, and how long ago. That's a bit too much of a hint, for my tastes."

Shrugging, he left it for the others to decide.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #64  
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 11:01 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 16th, 2021
RPXP: 13610
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,828
Irongut Farmstead
right-aligned image
As the group debated their next move, laughter could be heard from one of the bound thugs.

"Hahaha! What in all the hells am I still doing alive?! You fools have doomed me to torment and yourselves to life as the hunted the rest of your days! Well, if you're not going to kill me, untie me then. Give me a head start, at least. I'll be killed for my failure. Your only hope is that I escape Rhyfel. Though once I don't return, those that follow me will find a lack of a body. Once he decides you're dead...you're dead."

"Or you could save your lives and kill the old crone and snippy bitch. He's not after you lot after all. Your choice, really."

"Hello, Anya, good to see you again. I see you've grown into quite the lady."


His piece said, the man leaned his head back on the still unconscious form of his companion to hear your responses.

The fiery redhead pulls her dagger and moves toward the bound henchmen.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #65  
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy was unphased by the thug's taunts. In the stories, people like him always said such things. And the heroines always replied with something like this:

"One failure means death? That's a terrible way to run an organisation. It's a wonder that you have any people left. As for being 'hunted for the rest of your days', I very much doubt that. Once enough of your leader's assassins fail to return, he'll probably cut his losses. Maybe he'll stop at two; Maybe five; Or maybe a dozen. The more stubborn he is, the more he'll lose."

She hadn't yet noticed Anya's threatening movements.
  #66  
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 08:00 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 13th, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 746
Araceli Naeva HazesunAraceli gladly takes some of the bread and eats while letting the others do the talking. She doesn't know of any mission so she listens closely and is as disappointed as Anya when the two holy women refuse to give them more information. What did they want in Gul Doral? It must be pretty important if they are willing to go through so much trouble to get there and Khul Boldohr doesn't sound like a nice place at all. Lost in thoughts she starts feeding some bread crumbs to Twiggles who is perched on her shoulder.

The two new additions to the party are also quiet interesting to her. The halfling seems quiet but friendly and she had never seen someone of elvish blood before. There are so many things she wants to ask him about: Where does he live, how does their society work, what do they eat... .All these questions start to fill her mind and she has to push them aside in order to follow the conversation properly. This had to wait until later.

The young girl was so lost in her thought and in the conversation that she had completly forgotten about the two men laying on the ground so she instinctivly takes a step back when one begins to stirr. His speech both unsettles and confuses the little mage. Killing off your employees sounds like an aweful business strategy. "I would say just let them run. If I were them I wouldn't go back to face certain death, which by the way I agree with Amy is a terrible inefficient way to run your organisation, and if we get going now we will be already long gone before any of their employers get suspicious." the short girl says finishing her bread. As she cleans her hands with her robe she turns toward the dwarven woman: "Thank you so much for you hospitality, this bread was amazing."
  #67  
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 10:22 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 16th, 2021
RPXP: 13610
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,828
Irongut Farmstead
right-aligned image
At the thief's words, Anya went over and kicked the man square in the jaw.

"You scumbags are all the same. I hope Atrius does kill you!"

As the group mulled over their next moves regarding their two prisoners and where to go next, Mrs. Irongut spoke in a hushed tone to them.

"Be wary if you travel east to Khul Boldohr. I've heard some group has taken up residence in the market, luring the young men and women away from their family farms with notions of grandeur. I know not what that lure is but I do know several here in Domkol have lost sons or daughters to this group."

left-aligned image
Mrs. Irongut
"I will take Anya with me. The fate of these two..."
pointing to the thieves, "I leave to you. Come girl. We leave. Your father would never forgive me if I sent you to die with them in the mountain."

Clearly disappointed, Anya gathered up some supplies and the pair departed the farmhouse leaving the two thieves to be dealt with by the party.

__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #68  
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 12:11 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy said her goodbyes to Anya and Mrs. Irongut. She hoped that the two of them would help one another through their grief. Eager as Anya had been to join the expedition, that really wouldn't have been healthy. This was a job for the professionals. The knight surveyed her new companions. The circumstances of their gathering had been rather strange. But all in all, they seemed like a reliable group. Even Araceli had a good head on her shoulders. Amy had quickly warmed up to the young mage. She no longer had concerns about bringing her along.

Of course, the decision to do so wasn't up to Amy; Nor was the fate of the two thugs. Amy turned respectfully to her priestess.

"So, what approach do you wish to take? Your team is assembled. We await your command."
  #69  
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 09:13 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 16th, 2021
RPXP: 13610
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,828
Away from Domskol The group decide it best to leave the ruffians for their 'friends' to find with a loaf of bread and bowl of water to ensure their survival until rescued.

"I'll be seeing you." Is all the thanks they receive from the men.

oocHow do you propose continuing to Khul Boldohr. Are you going to visit Domskol? Are you going to use the road east or stick to the farm fields off the road?

With Landsknechts MIA for a bit, we'll just have Tahira go with what the group suggests.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #70  
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,324
left-aligned image
Berry asked the lady knight, "Do you have any reason to suspect there are those who would prevent you from carrying out your task? If so, we should avoid the roads. I can cover our tracks if we cut across the farmlands. Otherwise, the roads will be faster, and we will avoid the ire of farmers...though there's always a chance of bandits."

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; Mar 12th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
  #71  
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
"No pursuers were mentioned when we started out. But that was before we got mixed up with organised crime. Anya kept urging us to stay off the roads. She seemed certain that the underworld would pounce on us otherwise. Personally, I think she was being overcautious. Now that we no longer have civilians around to protect, or burning buildings to be locked inside, hired thugs will pose much less of a threat."

Amy didn't like the idea of hiding forever from assassins that might not even exist. Organised crime thrived on that kind of mentality. They created the illusion of a monstrous creature, whose tentacles could reach anyone and anything: When in reality, they were just a loose alliance of cowards and opportunists. Once they realised that their so-called prey had claws of its own, they'd soon skulk back into the shadows.
  #72  
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 08:04 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 13th, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 746
Araceli Naeva Hazesun"Alright, so let's go." After being a bit sad about saying good bye to Anya and Mrs. Irongut Araceli can now barely hide her excitment, her eyes glowing. "I can't believe we are actually going on an important mission. Why are we going to Khul Boldohr? Rhyfel hasn't really shown any interest in it for centuries, ever since it collapsed. What do you want there? I'm not complaining, I've always wanted to go there, maybe find out something about what happend there. But to be honest I've never been on a real adventure before. I mean I read a lot of books about journeys like this but being on one myself is something new and amazing." The short girl looks at each of her new traveling companions with a big smile before turning her attention towards the half-elf and the halfing. "It's so nice to meet you, my name is Araceli Naeva Hazesun but just Araceli is fine." she introduces herself, reaching out to shake their hands.
  #73  
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 11:42 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 16th, 2021
RPXP: 13610
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,828
company The group moved on from the Irongut farmstead and left the pair of ruffians tied up with a bowl of water and loaf of bread nearby to sustain them until they could either free themselves or were discovered.

A debate over caution versus speed sprang up but the paladin Amy decided they have little to fear from bandits or the thieves' guild. Tahira seconded her instincts and the group took the road headed east toward the mountains and the fallen dwarven kingdom of Khul Boldohr. There was little in the way of foot traffic on the far side of Domskol. Most people this far out were merely subsistence farmers who eked out a living on the land and payed little heed to what went on beyond their own small world.

As night approached and thoughts moved to finding a suitable spot to set up camp until morning, the group came to an already lit campfire with two no older than 16young boys sitting round talking among themselves.

"I heard they're digging out a treasure hoard of lost dwarven gold," said one.

The other responded, "Well, I heard it wasn't that the dwarves left but that some of them changed. Grew leathery wings like bats and rule the ancient halls waiting to suck blood and eat any humans they can find."

Seeing the approaching party, the boys stifled their conversation and called out. "Ho there, travelers! Heading east to join up too?"

Noticing the vestments of the priest and knighthood, one boy kicked the other and hushed him, giving the group a dirty scowl before turning back to the party with a smile as fake as snake oil.
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #74  
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 1869
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,324
left-aligned image
Berry seemed a bit startled as the chatty mage introduced herself and stuck her hand out in introduction. Hesitantly, as if unsure of what he was supposed to do, he shook her hand with a nod, "Berilac Fairbairn. You can call me Berry...most do." It would have been more accurate for him to say that few people used his name at all, but he felt no need to belabor the point.

Once the path was decided upon, Berry nodded without comment, and took point to watch for trouble.Seeing the two travelers ahead on the road, he frowned, preferring to keep the group separate, but the rest of his companions urged joining them. With a shrug, Berry advanced on the camp with the group, hearing the tail end of their conversation.

Seeing the men's reaction to their group, Berry put his guard up, not trusting either of them. Even if, by coincidence, they weren't discussing the same thing we seek, their reaction to authority doesn't bode well. Granted, Berry himself had little use for most civilized notions of authority, but these men looked downright guilty.

He checked his shortswords to make sure they were loose in their scabbards, waiting for one of the others to do the talking, and kept a close eye on the strange men.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #75  
Old Mar 16th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
The two boys made a bad first impression on Amy. Their hostility to authority was obvious. Even as a child, she'd been instilled with deep respect for the Church and governments. While the formalities sometimes chafed her, she understood the necessity of belief in something bigger than yourself. Still, she at least made an attempt to be polite. Sometimes a bit of friendliness was all it took to placate a hostile stranger.

"Join up? It sounds like you're answering a call. Is someone recruiting for an expedition?"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB