RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 12th, 2021, 02:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5033
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Alobert Monetrose
Race: Human
Class: Investigator 5 (Relentless Inspector)

Trait: Alchemical Prodigy
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: He believes in and pays his respect to the human pantheon, but is not overly religious.

History:
The son of two prominent Varisian scholars, Alobert Monetrose has a minor reputation as a dogged and competent private investigator within the kingdom. Although a highly talented alchemist, Alobert set his sights on something far more exciting than a dusty laboratory for all his days. Originally starting off as a freelance detective and sellsword, Alobert Monetrose operated out of Riddleport at first where he put a strong squeeze on the business of Boss Croat and his illegal alchemy trade. This did not earn him many friends in Riddleport due to Boss Croat's connection with Gaston Cromarcky, and doubtless there is still a half orc assassin there with a blade he is saving for Alobert.

However, freelance work is far from steady, so when Alobert was contacted by the Justice Court in Magnimar to work privately for them, Alobert immediately agreed. This is his third case with the Justice Court, and already they seem to regret their decision due to his stubbornness and his desire to keep digging even when the Justice Court may not want what he unveils to be found. Although he is exasperating to them, the murders are a big deal and Alobert is competent enough to discover the culprit so he was their first choice for this particular investigation.

Personality:
Alobert is incredibly persistent - once he sets his mind on something, he doesn't stop until he has satisfied his curiosity. Highly intelligent and brave, he is willing to take risks and do what must be done to discover the facts. Alobert also doesn't mind bending the law if it's for the right reasons and the greater good. Alobert has his own personal code of honor that he abides by without question, but doesn't expect others to understand it simply because he has no desire to explain it. To him it is almost a "paladin complex"- he has a soft spot for those in need, and will do what he can to help them. Once he gives his word, he has an obligation to see it through. He also doesn't like bullies or overbearing authority figures, and tends to tease them endlessly which can sometimes get him into trouble.

Appearance:
Alobert is a lean, handsome man of average height with thick black hair combed neatly and a full well-groomed beard. Despite his youthful appearance, you can already see streaks of gray in his beard and by his temples, giving him a distinguished look. A pair of sharp brown eyes peer out from underneath a set of thick bushy eyebrows, and the eyes seem to be constantly in motion, as if taking in everything he can see around him. He has a thin nose and a regal-looking mouth, with a small scar on the left side of his upper lip. He wears well-tailored and fashionable clothing of the latest style, favoring black and red, and carries an elaborate looking cane in his hand. Around his shoulders is an attractive black cloak with gold trim, and on his wrists are a pair of fancy black leather wristbands. On the left side of his body is a leather haversack, looped over his right shoulder and then belted around his waist by the waist strap.

Last edited by Grouchy; Feb 12th, 2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old Feb 12th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Novawurmson Novawurmson
Application complete!

Edit: Today's the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Last edited by Novawurmson; Feb 20th, 2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Avoiding double-posting.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:30 AM
Evil inside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6556
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Did I miss the final decision? 🤔
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 01:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Nope, Arjuna hasn't been on in a few days, I am in a game or two with him currently. He just started coming back on. The reason for his absent was that his wife just had a baby.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:39 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Novawurmson Novawurmson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Nope, Arjuna hasn't been on in a few days, I am in a game or two with him currently. He just started coming back on. The reason for his absent was that his wife just had a baby.
I guess we'll let him off easy this time.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 08:47 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Yeah, my wife just had a baby. So, I took a brief break, but I promise I'll get back here soon
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 09:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Congrats once again
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 03:35 PM
Outcast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4659
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
Waiting, I check every day. The delay is quite understandable!