DnD5e As the World Below Sleeps Eternally - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 949
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
Essentially the adventure will be short and fairly self-contained but there will be hooks to a larger, more over-arching plot in there with the option for the group to continue if there is a desire to do so.
Awesome. Thanks.

One other question regarding leveling. Do you use milestones?
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:17 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 586
Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd
Yes, it will be a milestone based levelling system.

Recruiting for: As the World Below Sleeps Eternally
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 949
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
Yes, it will be a milestone based levelling system.
Perfect.

Thanks.

Let me know if I need to add any details to my application regarding the Celestial Warlock.
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 07:48 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 706
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Sulenya
right-aligned image
Name: Sulenya
Race: Tiefling
Class: Celestial Warlock
Role: Deckhand

Description
Sulenya looks as infernal as it gets: she has a dark red skin, big black horns that curl over her head, and eyes that are black empty pools. Her lips, a strange brass color, hide sharp canine teeth. She wears simple leather clothing of blacks and grays.
Sulenya does not readily make eye contact, but when she does, she stands up straight and fixes her gaze on her target, making it hard for others to look any other way but hers.

Personality
Sulenya is a sullen, lazy young woman. She can hardly ever be seen doing any work around the Avalon, yet Unseen Servant somehow, her chores are always done. She has a dark, some would even say twisted, sense of humor. She knows she is supposed to be nice to people, and sometimes tries, but most of the time she simply can't be bothered to. She does make sure to stay out of trouble though. If there's someone around that has made it clear that they can not be messed with, she will guard her tongue, and even honey it at times.

Backstory
Before boarding on the Avalon, Sulenya lived on Harside Key. Looking the way she did, most treated her with mistrust, fear, or disdain. At a young age, Sulenya decided to try to live up to the expectations. People expected her to steal and betray? Sure, she could do that.
Sulenya fell in with a mildly organized group of criminals. She mostly robbed hardworking people of their possessions. This happened sometimes at night, quietly, when no one would see or hear her. At other times, she brazenly walked into other people's homes when they were off at work, appearing as if she owned the place.
Roleplay sample as part of the Backstory
At one time, she was asked to slip into a man's bedroom at night and slit his throat. This was not Sulenya's usual cup of tea, but the money was good and she did not think long before accepting. She snuck into the place, unseen. She found her way to the bedroom and unsheathed the dagger at her side. It made the tiniest of noises. Her victim-to-be was fast asleep, snoring like a boar. She moved over to the man, about to press the cold metal into his neck, as suddenly a bright light appeared in the room. Shocked, Sulenya dropped the blade. She would run, but her feet seemed to weigh ten tons.
"You have a choice." A serene feminine voice sounded from the source of the light. Sulenya tried to shield her eyes and look into the light, but it was too intense to see anything. "Be my servant. Allow this soul to live and be a source of benevolence in this world, as you will become a source of benevolence yourself. Pick up your blade, flee the scene, and join the Avalon when it docks. Your other option is to pick up your blade and finish what you came here for. I will reward you. This moment will define your life. The choice is yours. Join the Avalon, and I will contact you in a while."

A thousand thoughts raced through Sulenya's head. For the first time in her life, she was aware she really did have a choice. Most of her life had been reactive: Someone called her a name, she bared her canine teeth and scared them away. Someone left a door unlocked, she robbed the place. Now, she had a choice. All the bad things people thought of her, all the bad things she had done, they seemed not to matter anymore. This light seemed to believe she was capable of good. She picked up her dagger and left the house as quickly as she could.
Continued Backstory
A couple of years have passed since then, while Sulenya worked on the Avalon as a deckhand. At first, she was eager to work hard, prove her worth as an honest person. As time passed without a word of The Light, as she had come to call it, a small voice in the back of her head began to nag her. "Are you really supposed to be scrubbing the deck all the time? Stealing was easier, more exciting, and more rewarding." Little is now left of her eagerness to be honest and good. She makes her Unseen Servant do most of her work - surely that's why The Light has given her the ability to summon it.

Old Feb 24th, 2021, 09:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14807
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
@ Monstrosity: Since Suleny and Dixon both grew up in Harside Key (assuming both our apps our selected) what do you think about our characters knowing each other. They could have been friends who's relationship soured or former rivals trying to figure out how to work on the ship together.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 706
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
I couldn't resist misspelling your name after you misspelled mine @ Crathulu Yeah, that sounds great!
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17129
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Reworked my application just a bit, changing role to that of Captain and incorporating her background in how that could happen, as well as how she'd get a ship and draw a crew to her new venture.
I can tweak or reshape it for a different role if need be, but Captain seems to fit her best.