RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 8th, 2021, 06:01 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2172
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Chronicles of Britannia

Game NameChronicles of Britannia
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeA tale of young knights journeying to keep their home safe
FlavourArthurian legends with some fairy tale and anime flavoring to it
Plot Summary

What's The Idea?
A tale of Swords, Magic, and the Might of Unity

In the land of Britannia, there is a common dream of achievement among those in the land, whether a girl or a boy, whether a child or elder, whether a human or orc... Becoming a Knight. Being a knight is a huge honour in Britannia, being respected or feared by those without the title, sometimes to those WITH the title. The name of a knight may end up travelling across the land, becoming well known by all of the region. With this type of power, what are Knights expected to even do?

They protect and serve their king, they keep their citizens safe and hunt the monsters of the land. It's a very dangerous occupation, but it is anyone's dream...

This dream may become a reality in the coming future, as Sir Ironsides, a knight from Domaleon, has arrived at the floating island of Skye to begin the Squire Initiative. The Initiative is set to challenge those who wish to become a squire for a knight. If they beat the challenge, they become the knights squire, which give them a chance at knighthood in the future... This may just be your day!

• Based off Arthurian Mythology, with aspects of D&D and some anime spice, because I'm a nerd and someone needs to stop me
  • Races from the Core Rulebook!
  • The flavouring is just for action and making battles seem more intense for fun!
  • I tend to be forgetful, so I may need reminders to post!
  • I am no Arthurian expert, so if you are more knowledgeable than me and wants to toss some advice, I'd love it!
  • Towns/Cities in this are named after 2 French words merged together, with only a few taken right from the legend

ApplyingThis is a unique case of applying for the game! You will be choosing a Knight from the Round Table and you will be crafting your version of them. You can change their gender, race, and obviously class. They do not all need to be the same age too! You can make a knight older or younger than they were. Not everyone has to be martial class either!

When you select a knight, you can change their backstory too, as long as a major aspect of the character remains the same! (Ex. Lancelot was still raised by the Lady of the Lake).

Don't worry, by the way, you are not destined to be shipped with or killed by someone. This is a new tale!

Who can I choose from?
  • Arthur
  • Lancelot
  • Gawain
  • Geraint
  • Percival
  • Bors
  • Lamorak
  • Kay
  • Gareth
  • Bedivere
  • Gaheris
  • Galahad
  • Tristan
  • Palamedes
  • You can convince me otherwise

Who is forbidden?
  • Merlin
  • Mordred
  • Ironsides
  • Lady of the Lake

If you want to add any other Arthurian characters into your background, go ahead!

ApplicationName:
Race:
Class:
Description: A paragraph and a picture, if you want.
Character Concept: Give me a quick description of your concept for this Knight!
Backstory: Write a quick backstory! Include why your character wants to become a knight and

Roleplay Prompt: Roleplay a scene where someone asks your character why he wants to become a knight someday

PLAYER CHARACTER RACE CLASS STATUS
penbeast0PalomidesHalf-Orc?WIP
delpinatorGawainHalf-ElfPaladinWIP
DraiddenKayHumanRogueFinished
AlemarLamorakDwarfFighter/BarbarianFinished
UGOTMERCdTristanHalf-ElfSorcererFinished
Diablo RavenTristanHalf-ElfRangerFinished
Diablo Raven (2nd)LancelotTieflingFighterFinished
Treble83PercivalHumanBarbarianFinished
Treble83 2KayHigh ElfWizardFinished
TfarleyLamorakDragonbornMonkFinished
CrocodileGalehautGoliathFighterFinished
Arjuna332LancelotHumanPaladinWIP
MaestrosityBorsDwarfClericFinished
SaratekGalahadHumanFighter/ClericFinished
GleefulNihilismDagonetHumanBard/RogueFinished
AvnerArthurHumanPaladinFinished
Avner 2GawainHalflingBard/FighterWIP
HuLiGarethHumanWizardFinished
HuLi 2BedivereHigh ElfClericWIP?
Solid SnekMorgenChangelingDruid/ArtificerWIP
rhaiberYvainHumanRangerFinished
rhaiber 2GuinevereHalf-ElfBarbarian/WarlockFinished

I will be choosing 4 players starting at Level 2
Deadline: February 22nd

I may update information later!

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members

Last edited by Krow Nest; Feb 20th, 2021 at 06:23 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Ooooh, I'm interested!

A question. So, if there is a Lancelot, there is no Galahad? Since Lancelot hasn't done the deed that would produce Galahad?
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I'm up for Palomides, the Saracen. Good fighter, unlucky in love, different race than the rest of the knights (thinking Half Orc or something of that ilk). Will give you something when I have thought about it for a bit.

Name: Palomides
Race: Half-Orc (Saracen)
Class: Barbarian

The wrong race, the wrong skin color, a lord from a very different land and different tradition, Palomides is unmistakable and, to most, unattractive. But in his heart, he is human and the moment he saw Queen Isolde, he fell deeply in love with her. He stayed here in this Christian land, even accepted the customs of the court and the tenets of her religion over those of his ancestors. But his love is doomed. Isolde is married to King Mark (one of the kingdoms allied to Arthur) and her love is given to Sir Tristan, the greatest knight of the land excepting only Sir Lancelot.

But Palomides is unable to give up on his doomed love. He fights as a companion of Tristan, despite his hopeless desire to be in Tristan's shoes. He has converted to Christianity and seeks to become a knight, all to win even a favoring glance from the fair Isolde, or at least to give him a place in the court of knights around her. He is a sad, doomed figure, though a puissant warrior in his own right.

"Well, greenskin, look at you all dressed up like a little lord. One might almost think you were properly elven. Do you have anything to say for yourself, if you can get it past those tusks. "

Great, 5 of them, fully armed and looking for a little Moorish blood. They spread out and two circled behind me.

"This is no way to treat a guest in King Mark's court. If you are the gentlemen you appear, you will allow me to armor and meet me in the lists. I would be happy to oblige you. "

"Oh it speaks and invokes the rules of chivalry. Dress a pig in human clothes and it gets all sorts of strange ideas. But the rules of chivalry only apply to Christian lords, not to Saracen pork. Pork is butchered for the enjoyment of it's betters. Isn't that right little piggy. Oh wait, piggies don't eat pork, that would be canabalism. Tusk, Tusk. "

It didn't look like I was going to be able to talk my way out of this one. I drew my sword; my anger filled me with rage.

"Well, come on then!" I slashed at the leader, whirling to catch the mace of the one behind me in a quick riposte as they closed in. Blows rained down, driving me to my knees, blood flowing over my face and . . .

"HALT. I will not tolerate this. It offends the hospitality of our good king Mark and his beauteous and gracious queen Isolde."

Saved. They would not dare kill me in front of the king's nephew, Sir Tristan. But of all the knights that could have intervened, why did it have to be the paragon, the perfect one. My rage still burned within me but I gentled my tongue to choke out a thank you.

That should be me. I should be the Queen's knight and champion, the hero of her court. Soon. I would keep my tongue still and myself alive and here in the court. Beyond that, it was in God's hands, either the God of my fathers or the God of the Christians, it mattered not. What mattered was that I be here, in case my chance ever came.

Last edited by penbeast0; Feb 12th, 2021 at 06:01 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 09:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1992
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Click image for larger version

Name:	d87uk2b-a499175b-192e-4261-a0e5-a2b18181373e.png
Views:	6
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	89508
name gwain
Race half-elf
Class paladin (oath of ancients)
Background urchin

Backstory: Gwains mother and father a knight though fell in power with the death of his father. His mother had gone to the king to seek assistance and was turned away. This strongly affected gwains view of the monarchy. Gwain grew up on the streets of Brittanica until he met servant to arthur. He helped the servant assist arthur until he was an adult. A knight rises up challenging arthur to a beheadding challenge and gwain offers to take the place of arthur. The knight agrees as gwain takes his swing and successfully does so. The knight then picks up his head and tells gwain to go to his castle in a year's time for the same test. Gwain does so and rides to the castle he finds the knights wife who places challenges to gwain and eventually is given a girdle of immorality who is supposed to give to the Lord but instead took for himself. Upon the test the first and second strikes are unable to strike though on the third the lord knicks gwains neck do to him refusing to stay noble and loyal. The knight gives gwain the gift of the fey and asks him to serve his ideals of the green knight and to seek to become a squire under sir iron sides should he be successful.

Last edited by delpinator; Feb 9th, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 09:24 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1297
Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril Tahril
What, no bravely bold sir Robin option? Jokes aside really like the flavour. Will post an application when I can.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
what level do we start at?
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1575
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Kay
right-aligned image
Name: Kay
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue (inquisitve)

Description: 6'1" tall weighing 229 pounds. More to come.

Character Concept: though he knows a lot about how the seedier side of how life works, he uses his skills to help others not rob or kill them.

Last edited by Draidden; Feb 9th, 2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 02:32 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Ooooh, I'm interested!

A question. So, if there is a Lancelot, there is no Galahad? Since Lancelot hasn't done the deed that would produce Galahad?
It wouldnt make sense to have Galahad and Lancelot in the same party if Lancelot... hasnt done the deeeeeeeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
what level do we start at?
I will start yal at level 2

Last edited by Krow Nest; Feb 8th, 2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 141
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
@Krow Nest

There is a novel series written by Bernard Cornwell called 'The Warlord Chronicles'. Cornwell is a British author of historical fiction, and this series is a take on the Arthurian Legend. In this series, Lancelot and Galahad are actually half brothers and not father and son. So there is some precedent for having both characters in your adventure, if that's something you'd be interested in.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 04:41 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTMERCd View Post
@Krow Nest

There is a novel series written by Bernard Cornwell called 'The Warlord Chronicles'. Cornwell is a British author of historical fiction, and this series is a take on the Arthurian Legend. In this series, Lancelot and Galahad are actually half brothers and not father and son. So there is some precedent for having both characters in your adventure, if that's something you'd be interested in.
Oh! Thank you very much!

Old Feb 8th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1821
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
@UGOTMERCd The Winter King! I read it years ago, Great series. thanks for reminding me of it!
@Krow So if I understand your Advertisment, we're not actually knights yet? We're applying to be squires, in the hopes that we are chosen and eventually will become the knights of Arthurian Legend? If I have that wrong I'll be happy to change up my description/backstory a bit.

left-aligned image

Name: Lamorak
Race: Mountain Dwarf (I assume we'll look human and just use the Racial scores? Either way, I found a picture that I think can pass as both Human or Dwarf.
Class: Fighter(1)/Barbarian(1)

Description: Standing at 5 feet tall and with broad shoulders, Lamorak is not the imposing figure other knights might strike. But don't let that fool you, he has the fiery temper of youth, and the impetuous strength to go with it. A thick beard covers his face, and is his pride. Though he goes to great effort in trying to keep it well maintained; if for no other reason than to keep it from getting caught on armor, branches, twigs, or any other manner of painful snare.

Character Concept: (Barb2/FighterX) He will use his sword and shield as a front line fighter, with rage hopefully soaking the extra damage he takes from not wearing heavy armor. Not the face/leader of the group

Backstory: The simple truth of the matter was Lamorak had been bred for a single purpose, to fight. His father hoping that this skill would earn not only honor for the family line, but for the young boy as well. So, as was intended, from a young age the boy was taught how to move, how to think, how to interpose, and how to strike. He grew strong through the years of training, though he did not sprout heavenward as his father had hoped. This disapproval began gnawing away at him as he matured, though he knew there was nothing he could do about his stature. The anger grew within him, and the boy did his best to suppress it, learning how to properly unleash his pain when it served his ends.

Upon his father learning that Sir Ironside had been called to Skye, as well as his purpose therein, Lamorak was sent out to meet his destiny; Either by succeeding in his life's purpose, or by dying along the journey.

Last edited by Alemar; Feb 8th, 2021 at 07:58 PM. Reason: grammar fixes
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 141
UGOTMERCd UGOTMERCd
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Tristan

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Sorcerer

Description: Tristan is a lithe youth, willowy and tall. At 6'2" he towers above many of his peers. He has black hair and startling blue eyes. A reddish star shaped scar is prominent on his left cheekbone. He is usually pensive but amenable, though is prone to strange fits of gaiety, dispair or even rage.

Character Concept: Tristan is a Sorcerer, using the strange powers that well up inside him to control the field of battle.

Last edited by UGOTMERCd; Feb 10th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 07:20 PM
Dracomancer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71
Diablo Raven
TristanName: Tristan
Race: Half-Elf (Variant)
Class: Ranger (Fey Wanderer)
Description: Light brown skin and standing at 5'10 with medium length red hair and green eyes. He has a few scars on his chest from fights he's been in and one on his cheek from an accident that happened when he was younger as well as a mark on his neck that he was born with. He wears simple clothing underneath basic leather armor, and boots along with a cloak he wears with a satchel at his side. His bow is on his shoulder while his quiver is on his side for ease of assess.

Character Concept: Wants to find a place were he can live in peace.

Backstory: Tristan is the son of an Human King and Elven mother who passed on the day of his birth. A result of this was that he went and lived with his father for most of his life along with his two older half-siblings, Isabella and Mark. He never cared much for his royalty and would often be found outside hunting when the guards let him or in the town wondering around. After a few years and when he was old enough he was sent with some knights to fetch a woman that was to marry his uncle but something happened on the way back the two fell in love and ran away. During their time the woman was kidnapped and now he wanders around avoiding his father's knights and looking for his love.

Roleplay Prompt: "Why do I want to be a knight?" Tristan asked as he looked down at mug in his hand as he was taking a break from his journey. "To be able to protect those weaker than me sure...but also to prove that I am my own person and I don't need my father's name." He told the person who asked him the question but then waved him off. "Not like it would happen...not until I find the one i'm looking for then I can think about becoming a knight for a kingdom." He said as he finished his mug and put it down before getting up himself. "It was a pleasure talking to you but I best be going...safe travels friend." he said as he left the tavern he was staying in and set back off on his journey.

LancelotName: Lancelot
Race: Tiefling (Bloodline of Levistus)
Class: Fighter (Rune Knight)
Description:

Character Concept: She wants to find the ones responsible for killing her parents, and also rid the stigma of her race.

Backstory: When she was a baby her parents were killed by a mysterious group, however what the group didn’t know was that they were by the Mysterious Lake and where Nimueh the Lady of the Lake saw this and managed to scare the group off. However she was too late to save the girl's parents and decided to care for her and raise her as her own. She taught her everything she knew and also how to defend herself. The Lady of the lake named her Lancelot hoping it would bring her good fortune on her journey later in life, though she mostly goes by Lan with close friends not that she really has any.

Roleplay Prompt: “Well I never thought about becoming a knight before honestly,” She said to the figure standing next to her. “Thought I would guess it would help with the stigma against my race...but I wouldn’t even know where to start on that..” She said with a short sigh before looking at the figure, “Well I guess I won’t find the answer here...best be off and thanks again!” She said as she ran off to continue her own journey.

Last edited by Diablo Raven; Feb 9th, 2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
So If I wanted to play sir Bedevere and play him a bit like sir Bedever the Wise from Monty Python (more seriously but same general idea), would that be cool? Thinking either a college of valor bard (for a more playful roleplay) or a Blade Song Wizard for a more "knows what he is talking about" character.

Last edited by mjb; Feb 8th, 2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15
TibbyLTP
really cool idea, will get a character rolled up so this is a placeholder as well.

I do have *some* knowledge of Arthurian lore so I am excited for this and already have a couple of ideas bubbling around in my head.