RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:44 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2172
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosity View Post
I'm thinking about applying with a cleric or druid, but I'm not sure how religion works in this version of Britannia. Could you enlighten me?
We will be following the Deities of D&D for this, as it would be extremely limiting if we just had God.

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 947
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
We will be following the Deities of D&D for this, as it would be extremely limiting if we just had God.
Cool, thanks!
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1745
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahril View Post
No one wants that much responsibility, but when evil threatens your loved ones, when darkness shrouds the lands, when monster bay at your door, then you do what you must...

Imma make a King Arthur application.
"Squire wannabe" Arthur... LOL

You did great with the last app that I saw of yours. Looking forward to this one!
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Question for the DM. How is Sir Ironsides arriving at the island? Follow up question, when you say "floating island," I assume that you mean it's floating in the sky?
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley Tfarley
I've just updated my application. I realised that my thoughts were at a wrong period of time of knighthood and Arthur! Slightly adapted my character creation and roleplay prompt to be parallel to your adventure timeline
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 05:17 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
Question for the DM. How is Sir Ironsides arriving at the island? Follow up question, when you say "floating island," I assume that you mean it's floating in the sky?
The Floating Isle of Skye is a floating island just off the cliffs of Britannia. Ironsides is waiting at the cliffs

Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Are classes and archetypes restricted to core?
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:03 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ut View Post
Are classes and archetypes restricted to core?
Are you asking for homebrew? I am willing to allow class archetypes from UA

Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 935
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Quote:

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Feb 9th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
Quote:
Are you asking for homebrew? I am willing to allow class archetypes from UA
I was thinking about official material outside the PH, like Xanathar and Tasha.
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 06:16 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Ut View Post
I was thinking about official material outside the PH, like Xanathar and Tasha.
Sure!!

Last edited by Krow Nest; Feb 9th, 2021 at 06:17 PM.
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 12:13 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
Application complete but if I need to change anything please feel free to let me know!
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 07:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5544
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
May I propose Sir Galehaut then?

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Galehaut

Race: Goliath

Class: Fighter

Description: Extremely tall, standing at 8 feet, and with dull grey skin, the intricate, black tattoo-like patterns which flow along his body are marred by the gallery of scars which appear to crisscross an abundant amount of his uncovered flesh. His head is completely lacking in any hair, leaving the black markings and his scars as his most prominent facial features, with brilliant green eyes which seem to glow slightly in low light, their sharp expression hinting at a barely restrained ferocity. Besides basic cleanliness and the minimum necessary to ensure practical functionality, neither his clothing nor his armor appears to be all that well kept. Sturdy looking, to be certain, but very much seeming dull and worn and in need of a good polish or rejuvenation with dyes. The only exception to this appears to be a necklace the goliath wears around his neck, a polished silver disc with a coat of arms embossed on its surface, a lion surrounded by stars. It shines brightly when it catches the sun and appears to be very much beloved even when the rest of his equipment is merely functional.

Character Concept: Son of the former Lord of the Distant Isles and young veteran of a war cut short before it could truly begin, the brilliance of the enemy who brought his father's campaign to a halt has been an ever-present shadow in his thoughts, so much so that it spurred him to return to the homeland of his former enemy in search of the knight who brought low the champions of the Isles. Grim and direct, with a humor that one could charitably describe as macabre and possessing a love for new challenges against which to measure the strength of his existence, Galehaut wanders Britannia, a stranger in a strange land, seeking to understand it's people to better bridge the gap between his own kin and Britannia. He also seeks the answer to the black knight's strength, hoping to make it his own so that he may one day claim lordship over the Isles like his father before him, and safeguard them from the dangers of the deep.

Backstory:

Roleplay Prompt:

Last edited by Crocodile; Feb 21st, 2021 at 01:27 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Lancelot
right-aligned image
Lancelot of the Lake
Name: Lancelot

Race: Human (Variant)

Class: Paladin

Description: Fair-skinned and dark-haired, Lancelot appears to be around the age of mid to late twenties. Standing at 5'8", Lancelot seems to have some kind of mature disposition. She is often dressed in an armored dress, purple in color. Despite her mature appearance, there is some kind of mischievous twinkle in her eyes, indicating that she likes to play around, and she often displays a smile no matter the situation.

Character Concept: A frontline combatant who can also serve as the face of the party. An easygoing fellow who loves teasing other, but also harbors a dark secret of her own. Despite her own easygoing attitude, she takes her duty as a knight very seriously.

Backstory: WIP

Roleplay Prompt: WIP
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 10:08 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 947
Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity Maestrosity
Bors
right-aligned image

Name: Bors
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric

Description:
Bors is a broad-shouldered dwarf. He wears a heavy set of armor when he expects trouble, and simple grey clothes when he does not. His shield displays the symbol of Ilmater, as does the front of his regular clothes. His skin is tanned and he wears a thick brown beard which he neatly braids. He has a deep, confident voice with which he tends to speak slightly ponderously.

Character Concept:
Bors is an Order Cleric of Ilmater. He believes that by following the law, much suffering can be avoided. He goes where there is suffering to ease the pain and if necessary to take the suffering upon himself.
He has made a mistake for which he believes there is no forgiveness. Now he lives his life trying to right the wrongs of the world as atonement.

Backstory:
When Bors was younger, he hung with a group of friends. Most of them were humans and half-elves, but there was one dwarf besides Bors. Claire, a maiden, very easy on the eyes. They fell in love and spent a night together - without being married. She became with child, shaming both their families.

Claire's parents did not allow Bors to see her.
Bors parents sent him away to a monastery of Ilmater.

Bors led a chaste life of penance and atonement. He would give anything to see his love and his child once more, but Claire's parents were unforgiving, and would not let him near them. Bors does not know what befell Claire or his child after he was forced to leave.

Roleplay Prompt:
Bors looked up as the head of his temple entered Bors' chamber. Bors immediately stood so the old human could take his seat. "Revered Father of the House, to what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"
With a sigh, the white-bearded man seated himself. They were of the same height that way, and the Father looked Bors straight in the eye. "It has come to my attention, Brother Bors, that you intend to apply as a squire. Please explain to me your reasoning."
Bors realized the man feared he was just in it for the same reasons as most others: fame and glory. "Revered Father, as a squire, I will serve one who does good. It will allow me to do good myself, to relieve the world of some of its suffering. Here in the monastery, I serve Ilmater and help those strong enough to come to us. As a squire, I will be able to seek out the weak to help them and the wicked to stop them."
And as a Knight, Claire's parents will surely allow you to meet your child. A voice in the back of his head quietly added.