RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 15th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14197
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Does having any experience with the Game System make a difference?

I have a few core books but have never actually played nor mechanically made a character. I'm about as noob as it comes to the FF version.

I am interested and have some ideas influenced by the classic KOTOR2.
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8210
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Thanks for the app, girlplay. Would you mind adding in a RP sample from the point of view of Pip? I’d like to get an idea of how she would operate in game.
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
Does having any experience with the Game System make a difference?

I have a few core books but have never actually played nor mechanically made a character. I'm about as noob as it comes to the FF version.

I am interested and have some ideas influenced by the classic KOTOR2.
No prior experience necessary, Im happy to help out with any questions. This site has links to a whole range of resources which might be useful too.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24887
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
left-aligned image
Name: Ned Kett
Species: Human (Mandalorian)
Career: Hired Gun
Specialization: Body Guard
Universal Spec: Mandalorian Warrior
Physical Description:Ned is just over two meters tall, and 250 pounds, he can be called "Big Boned". He is chunky, but not fat. He seems to carry the weight naturally and even when he lowers his caloric intake and increases his exercise, he always seems to keep his bulk. He wears purple Mandalorian armor, that he puts a fresh coat of paint on every couple years, and he is overdue for a refresh.
Helmet off, he has a mane of ginger colored hair, curly and unkempt, but short enough to not become a tangled mess. He has a matching orange curly beard, he keeps trimmed to a manageable length. His eyes are a deep green, and his skin is a pale white, as he mostly is protected from the sun since he spends most of his days fully armored.

Obligation: Dutybound

Backstory: Ned's Clan followed the leadership of Clan Kryze, and was wiped out during the great purge. Ned survived and with no Mandalorian leadership was left to find his way in the Galaxy. He soon found himself in the employ of Galactic Senator Gebnerret Vibrion, and served him and his family from 0 ABY to 8 ABY. He protected the former Imperial Senator's family until the death of the Senator from Zithrom's syndrome in 8 ABY. Without the threat from the Senator's political enemies (still about even after the fall of Emperor Palpatine), he was discharged as he services were no longer required.

Ned was now without a Duty. He served with distinction for close to a decade and now had nothing to keep him going. It was then he heard of Clan Kirruk, of a young Jen selling her father's trophies. Ned traced this clan to Rannon, and pledge himself to the Jan Ferin becoming one of her Body Guards, and joining Clan Kirruk.

Roleplay Example:

Shots were fired, leaving scorch marks in the metal hull of the Cornellian VCX-150 freighter. A purple armored Mandalorian looks up at the fresh marks at the suddenly closed doors as he considers his options.
"OK Mandoloarian...If you are one.. You are out of options. You got the kid on the ship, but you are on this side of the hanger. That Kid can't leave with out you.. You can't, move with out my crew shooting you down. It's just a matter of time before we out flank you and you're dead. We're leaning that way to get your Beskar, but if you surrender and open the hanger, we'll let you go. Again, we just want the kid." a voice shouts out.

"Plastoid." the Purple armored Mandalorian shouts out.

"What?"

"Plastoid!" the Purple Mandalorian shouts out again. "The imps took all my Beskar.. So it's just Plastoid."

"Wha.. OK.. Well.. Still. We'll kill ya just the same, even easier now. Just open the hanger and give us the kid. Boss doesn't want him dead. He's just leverage.. You understand.. Time's almost up." The negotiator shouts back.

"Time for what?" The purple Mando shouted.

"Time for the Flank.. Now.." The negotiator began..

... And so did the Mandalorian. He pressed the button on a thermal charge that exploded in the one exposed flank he had, the one area a person could come through and when that mercenary did he died in a fiery explosion. The Mandalorian then tossed two circular devices, another thermal detonator that the mercenaries took cover from, as well as a smoke grenade.

As the Mercenaries took cover, the hatch to the Cornellian VCX-150 freighter, popped out manually, keeping the tell tale sign of it opening from the air of the pneumatic pistons that normally opened it. The Purple Mandalorian, jumped in the hatch knowing he didn't have much time. Between them taking cover and then the smoke obscuring him, he was able to get and and start manually closing it up as the blaster fire started. It was too late, he was aboard, and the kid knew enough of piloting to start the launch sequence...

Last edited by Embrodak; Feb 16th, 2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 12:45 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14006
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Thanks for the app, girlplay. Would you mind adding in a RP sample from the point of view of Pip? Id like to get an idea of how she would operate in game.
Well, I've never played this character before, but I can take a crack at writing as them. It'll be a bit of a voyage of discovery but I'll try to give a voice to her. Often as I play a character their personality becomes more apparent as time goes on or they're forced to react to a situation. I've had a few characters that ended up with a very different personality to how I thought I was going to play them.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 05:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Girlplay, I'd appreciate that. I know that all of these characters will evolve as the game progresses but I'm just looking for a baseline to help me to pick a group of characters which I think would work well together. I'm hoping for a team with complementary skills, but also with personalities which can work well together without too much getting on each others' nerves.

Edit to add; I've set a deadline of 15th March so there's plenty of time if you can't work on it straight away. I know that getting into the head of a new character can sometimes take a bit of time, especially when you're not handed a scenario and a group of other characters to bounce off of.

Last edited by Lazer; Feb 16th, 2021 at 05:36 AM.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7366
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Avert Nogs
right-aligned image
Name: Avert Nogs

Species: Pantoran

Specialization: Mercenary Soldier

Physical Description: With a handsome face and a cocky grin that’s almost a shame to hide behind a helmet, Avert is used to turning heads where ever he goes. His blue skin, yellow facial tattoos and lavender-tinted, buzz-cut hair also make him stick out in most crowds. Avert is of average height for a Pantoran, standing 182 cm tall in his socks, with an athletic build. His armor is striking, painted black and white, but to most trained observers it is obvious that it is not beskar. He carries a powerful rifle and a pistol, but his most prized possession is his jetpack. His friends joke that he takes that thing to bed with him, and Avert has never bothered denying it.

Obligation:
- Adrenalin Rush (5): Avert has always been a troublemaker. From the child who thought burning a speeder was a fun way to spend the afternoon, to the teenager who went out looking to pick a fight most evenings, he has always looked for trouble if it didn‘t bother seeking him out first. Avert has never backed down from a fight of any kind and gets antsy when things are calm and peaceful.
- Responsibility (5): While working away from the clan, Avert was hired as the bodyguard of Eva Tonstar, a former child prodigy and currently a teen mega-holo-star. Although he resented the little brat with her insane demands at first, they eventually came to an understanding and Avert started thinking about Eva as a little sister. After nearly a year at her side she started rebelling against her parents by refusing to act in any more holos. Her parents blamed Avert for this rebelliousness and fired him, but both Avert and Eva know that if she ever gets into trouble he will move entire planets if that’s what it takes to keep her safe.

Backstory: Avert was only seven years old when his parents left Pantora, looking for a better life for themselves and their three children. They made it almost to the serine agri-world of Broest, but the shuttle ferrying them and several other settlers was attacked by pirates and crash landed. A contingent of mercenaries, hired by the Salliche Ag Corporation to deal with the pirate problem, was first on the scene. One of the warriors, a clanless Mandalorian by the name of Tannet Nogs, pulled the only survivor, a malnourished blue-skinned boy, out of the wreckage. Taking this as a sign, the Tannet took the boy in as a foundling and left Broest looking for a clan that would take them in.

The two of them eventually ended up joining Bel Ferin and his small clan of warriors. Tannet cared for Avert like he was his own son, although the burden of raising the boy, just like any foundlings, fell to the entire clan. After years of serving, Tannet had become Bel Ferin’s right hand man. It was therefore fitting that it was at the right side of the man that Tannet fell, trying but failing to shield his friend from incoming fire.

Although many of the warriors left the clan after the loss of Bel Ferin, the thought never even crossed Avert’s mind. He felt a bond between himself and Jan. Perhaps because the man who practically adopted him fell in the same battle that she lost her father in. He stood by her as she consolidated the position of the clan by purchasing property on Rannon.

Avert was one of the first warriors Jan sent out into the galaxy after stabilizing her position somewhat, after the parents of a well-known teenage holo-star gave into her whims to hire an actual Mandalorian as her bodyguard. The credits the contract got the clan helped Jan arm more warriors and fortify the clan’s stronghold. Which is why she was disappointed when Avert returned less than a year later, after having been fired from his job for what the star’s parents called “encouraging her rebellious streak”.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; Feb 16th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1575
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Mandolorian
right-aligned image
Name: Hondor

Species: Reigat /Mandolorian

Career: Soldier

Specialization: Heavy

Universal Spec: Mandolarian Warrior

Physical Description: Hondor, at 7’2” tall, shoulders at around 3’6” across, and heavily muscled, is often referred to as the walking mountain. He looks human except for his size, his gray skin and his azure, blue hair. That is of course when he is not wearing his Mandolarion suit. Then he just looks like a giant suit of armor coming toward you. As if his size was not enough he prefers to use heavy weapons and is usually seen carrying on around.

Obligation: Dutybound

Backstory: Hondor’s mother worked along with Clan Kirruk as support, not actual members of the clan. She ran both supply missions and support missions for the Mandolorians. She was a fair pilot and mechanic and generally made enough to keep her ship running. And with the added help of the mandos it actually became a fairly decent ship. She was killed on a mission that went bad when he was a little over a year old. He was left behind, of course, while his mom flew the mission. Thus he became an orphan and the mandos took him in and raised him as one of their own. As time passed and he got larger and more trained it was obvious that he took a liking to the bigger guns. So his training shifted a bit and he was trained to wear heavier armor and carry the largest guns he could find.

Now fully grown he likes to wear blue and gray armor that matches his skin and hair. And he usually carries a SoroSuub VX "Sidewinder" Repeating Blaster. He normally goes on jobs as muscle, of course, but normally is not the guy in charge. He is still a Riegat after all. And even though he is more social and open than most of his race, he is still not a very outgoing person and his mannerisms are hard for some to deal with. When he speaks he tends to be a bit gruff and he prefers to take orders and be backup rather than take the role of leader.

Last edited by Draidden; Feb 19th, 2021 at 09:27 PM.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Everybody, I have to reduce the starting obligation to 5 in order to keep the total obligation of the whole group of (potentially) six players down to a manageable level. I had forgotten that if everybody takes the full extra amount available it would have taken us up to 120, which wouldn't really work.

So everybody starts with 5 and can take a further 5 to get extra XP or credits.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11417
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Application, WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Taif Bavha
Species: Human (Mandalorian)
Specialization: Marauder
Universal Spec: Mandalorian Forgemaster
Physical Description:
Coming in at just over a rather unimpressive 1.6m, Taif may not be anyone's idea of the bold Mandalorian Valkyrie that she believes herself to be. Still, there is undeniable metal in her fierce gaze, steely blue-green eyes that will brook no insult to her or her clan's honor. She wears a custom-fitted suit of laminate armor that she keeps painted a pristine powder white... so as to better display blaster scoring and other battle scars. The armor itself conceals the whip-cord musculature that she has taken great pains in developing. She may not have much mass, but she's determined to make as much as possible out of what she has, compact yet powerful. Her mousy brown hair is worn shoulder length. She knows she should clip it short to fit better under her helmet, but she hasn't been able to bring herself to do it. Yet.

Obligation:
No Disintegrations, pg. 19Keeper of the Faith - Even more so than most, Taif lives, eats and breathes the Resol'nare. She follows its tenets to a fault, even when a more measured, flexible approach might yield better results. Moreover, she will not abide an insult to Mandalore or her clan. Her honor is her life.

Backstory:
Dros Bavha's youth was but a memory and he was well established as the Ori'goran of Clan Kirruk by the time Taif's mother managed to lure him away from the forges long enough to produce their daughter. If the young girl thought that her pure Mandalorian bloodline or father's position would earn her a special place among the clan, she was quickly dissuaded of such notions. She learned young that her clanmates were all Mandalorian - foundling, birthright or otherwise mattered not. The only thing that mattered was the code, the Resol'nare. All who followed the Six Actions were Manda. Still, Taif's pride in herself, in her father and in her clan, would not allow her to be anything less than everything that she could be.

The only thing left to do was to prove herself worthy. If there was a skill to master, she learned it. If there was a challenge to confront, she faced it. She got knocked down, bloodied, wounded. She was not perfect. But she never ceased striving for perfection in thought, word and deed. Today, Taif is one of the Clan's youngest blooded warriors, well respected despite her youth and size. But all know that it is her own dedication and ferocity in battle that have earned her that place.

Roleplay Example:"Taif..."

The woman in question bit back a small sigh. Everything Dros Bavha did was done slowly. Never slothfully, but carefully, in his methodical, drawn out style. It well suited his tireless work as the clan's Ori'goran, but she still found it distracting the way he insisted on pronouncing her name as if it had two syllables. She, and everyone else for that matter spoke it as a single clipped sound. It fit her better that way.

"Hello - lit. 'You're still alive'.Su cuy'gar, father."

Taif had been lingering just outside the entrance of the workroom, unwilling to enter unbidden. The Forgemaster's daughter she might be, but no warrior would risk disturbing the master while he worked the Beskar. She could never tell if he kept her waiting as long as he did as some kind of test, or if that was just how rarely he looked up from his work. Now acknowledged, she stepped forward and presented him with the damaged remains of one armor plate.

Dros took the piece and let out a deep breath as he spread his thick, scarred hand across the blast-pocked plasteel. One finger probed a hole straight through the thickest part of the plate. "What did this, then?" He already knew, it wasn't a question she was meant to answer. "Shatter rifle... straight through the back of the right shoulder..." He grunted a little to himself. "I will not insult your honor by asking if you were running away. No... knowing you..." He sighed and looked up at his daughter for the first time. "You hurled yourself headlong into the fray, thinking your path clear... but you missed one. In your haste, you left yourself exposed."

Taif bristled a little at the accusation, mostly because of how accurate it was. "I stand by my decision." She stood ramrod straight, unwilling to bend to anyone, least of all her father. "The Ill-mannered lout, unhygienic person, someone with no manners.besom with the e-web would have pinned the squad down... if I'd given him a chance to power the thing up." She smiled grimly at the memory of the look on the Devaronian's face as he franticly attempted to bring the blaster cannon to bear on the whirling death headed his way.

Dros more or less ignored her excuses, still tutting to himself over the damaged armor. The implications finally sank in and he looked back at Taif, this time focused on the bandages covering the shoulder where the plate should have been. "You are wounded."

Taif waved aside his concerns with her usual lack of self-reflection. "It is nothing. I am strong."

"No, you are lucky." Dros shook his head and did some quick calculations in his head. He spread his hand wide, one fingertip over the hole. "This far. A matter of centimeters, and I would be fixing a hole in your helmet instead... for its next owner." He tossed the pauldron onto a pile of similarly broken pieces and frowned at it for a moment. "It will be fixed."

"When?"

"When it is ready!" Dros rarely let his emotions get the better of him, but Taif was the one person who never seemed to find difficulty in needling him endlessly. He held his daughter's gaze for a long moment until she was suitably chastised, or at least until she managed to look it. Then he softened somewhat. She looked so like her mother sometimes.

"You're no use dead.Gar shuk meh kyrayc, Taif. It will be mended when you are mended." But unwilling to surrender the point, he held up a single finger in admonition. "No sooner."

Taif was unaccustomed to losing, except to the implacable will of her father. There would be no budging him on this matter, not today. She nodded curtly and left him to his work. Once she was out of sight, she sagged a little against the wall, finally letting show the pain throbbing in his shoulder. Truth be told, she had missed the Extreme insult - jerk, but much stronger.Shabuir with the shatter rifle. If her squadmates hadn't taken him down seconds after he shot her... well, the battle might have ended very differently for her. Still, there was little purpose in picking away at an old battle like a half-healed wound. All that mattered was the next foe.

Taif rotated her shoulder experimentally, grimacing at the wave of pain and nausea that swept over her. Wielding her sword like this would be difficult, if not impossible. Good. All the more reason to get some practice in. Next time she was injured, she would be ready to defend herself.

Last edited by hafrogman; Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old Feb 16th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Pilot App
right-aligned image

Name: Vizdar Raal
Species: Zabrak (Foundling)
Career: Smuggler
Specialization: Pilot
Physical Description
Seeming taller than he is due in part to his narrow frame, Viz stands 1.8 meters tall and comes in at a measly 70 kilos, but none would claim him frail, and he certainly seems to have no issues bearing the weight of his gunmetal gray armor. Sandy-toned flesh is tattooed with darkened lines and shading to both be representative of the people for which he was born, but also not show disrespect to those that raised him. In fact, much of Viz's flesh is adorned with tattooing more indicative of his Mandalorian heritage than his Iridonian roots. He usually keeps his stubby horns hidden beneath his helmet. Viz considers himself a Mandalore before acknowledging being Zabrak.

Obligations
Antagonist: Viz often finds himself in heated competition with other smugglers given the nature of his dealings. As a smuggler, he is more often than not performing duties for his Clan, but when he does take on an independent job, he's willing to undercut just about any other smuggler. This tends to lead to rather ugly encounters with other smugglers, who, more often than not, are hesitant to go to blows with a Mandalorian.
Clan: Viz's primary concern is making sure the village in which the clan is based is never short on supplies. This leads him to scout for the best deals and agree to jobs that others might have already attempted to lay claim on simply because the needs of his people outweigh the desires of others or the desire for profit. Unless it is clan business, Viz never finds himself too far from home, which certainly limits his opportunities beyond their edge of the Outer Rim.

Motivation
Former Nemesis: To say that Viz and Honteg Dohl didn't much like each other at first would be a vast understatement. Already seen as lesser in Honteg's eyes, it took Viz a lot of training, work, and proving his loyalties lay entirely with bettering the Clan and Rannon before Honteg even began to give the foundling any sort of advice in his chosen career. What once was the inability for the two to stand in the same hanger together has now grown into a somewhat-friendly rivalry. It has even matured to the point of Honteg occasionally assigning the junior pilot various "tasks" as the veteran focuses more and more of his time on his new wife and their impending first child.

Backstory
Born to Iridonian traders, Viz was orphaned by the Empire during a revolt against their occupation and eventual takeover of the Mid Rim. Found by Mandalorian warriors in the aftermath as a lone survivor aboard a ship Bel Ferin took as yet another trophy, Zabrak strength and will was seen as something that could be added as a boon to the growing clan.

When Bel Ferin fell and his daughter Jan took over, it was an easy transition for the adult smuggler. While Viz had grown into a competent warrior, his skills as a pilot were unquestionable, and thus very valuable to the clan as it attempted to make a home on Rannon. He understood the value of trade, the importance of maintaining a home, and was more concerned about the future stability of the clan than of the glory that came with battle.

Most of his life has become being responsible not only for getting supplies to Rannon, but also for his fellow Mandalorians when he is tasked with transporting them to wherever they are called. While there will always be a need for warriors, there is also always going to be a need for competent pilots that have the mettle to evade Imperial patrols and dodge cannon fire when necessary to get those warriors where they need to go.

Roleplay Examples

Last edited by Saratek; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14006
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
That should do it, I think. I'll proofread it again, but my roleplay sample is pretty much complete now. Nice to see that we're getting some more applicants. This game will certainly get off the ground with a good start! Ciao!
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 812
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
I'd like to throw in an app here, but it will be a while before it's ready.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Girlplay, that looks good!

Helvorix, no problem, take your time. I have set the deadline as 15th March because that’s when another game I’m in is due to end, so it’s unlikely to be brought forward by much.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 06:53 AM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
Updated my app with another RP sample. I wasn't terribly pleased with the initial one, so you get two for the price of one! Enjoy.

Last edited by Saratek; Feb 19th, 2021 at 07:41 AM.