RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 17th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5168
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Bioware should be just as openly available as Cyberware... Even without stats you can apply bio/cyberware.

Last edited by Marshmallow; Feb 17th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 407
FunnyValentine FunnyValentine FunnyValentine FunnyValentine FunnyValentine
Before I Write up my app i just want to check if the Idea i have will fit into the game. My character would be an ex corpo face that is totally inept at anything even remotely related to combat. He has no problem with using violence to solve problems per say, he is just totally unable to do so himself. he couldn't hit the flat side of a barn from 5 meters with a grenade. You get my meaning at this point i'm sure. I've played this character before in an irl shadowrun game and had an absolute blast with him, talking my way deeper and deeper into FUBAR situations. what do you think?
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Did the other players have a blast also? Talking your group INTO trouble sounds... questionable.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 07:03 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16209
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
@FunnyValentine - I agree with Attitude, it seems like that places a burden on the others to cover for your character's...proclivities. A little mischief is one thing...I have a gnome mage who has Chaos for a mentor spirit. I just have to temper that so that it's not ruining anyone else's game.

It's similar to someone who wants to run a combative character who has problems with playing nicely with others. Done right, it adds some fun tension and roleplay while allowing for character development as this person learns to deal with his/her conflicts. Done poorly, it drags the game into pointless, unfun conflict that all too often spills into OOC.

I would say that your idea could be fun, though I'd steer away from being totally inept in combat. Shadowrunners who can't pull their own weight tend not to get hired much, after all, and the criminal/shadow world is rather unforgiving of the weak and defenseless. Specifically, Faces are hired to negotiate and be diplomatic, not make things worse. Ask yourself, "Would I hire this person to do this job? Would I bring him along on a dangerous mission, knowing my life and livelihood were at stake?"

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Feb 17th, 2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2470
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
My character's temper might cause problems for the group, because his mentor spirit won't let him back down from an insult or a challenge to his honor.
Hopefully, I can avoid ruing everything completely...
Old Feb 17th, 2021, 10:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3149
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
My first draft for Rex is done. May tweak here & there.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Feb 17th, 2021 at 10:50 PM.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 08:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2470
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Do you need a character link?
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 11:35 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16209
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
@Ericg1s - You can certainly post a character link, but it's not required for application. For some people, it helps develop the character and provide detail, others don't want to apply that level of attention unless they know they've been accepted. Whichever works for you.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1575
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
@Draidden - Not sure why it would do that...I didn't have to buy anything to purchase Bioware.

Under Tools -> Options, make sure the proper sourcebooks are used. Also make sure you have enough nuyen for the purchase, I guess? It might also possibly be that you haven't finished earlier steps in character creation, like stats and such.

Anyone have other ideas?
I found the issue. It was a negative quality I had selected. I forgot I selected it. LOL
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 10:06 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
My app is done. Would appreciate any advice just in case I screwed something up.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 10:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4094
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
My app is done. Would appreciate any advice just in case I screwed something up.
Looks solid, though I would suggest focusing your skills more (e.g. dropping the Computers group and maxing out the Stealth group, picking only one ranged attack skill and one melee attack skill).
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 11:02 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
I dunno. 14 dice is a legitimate pool for sneaking, especially with 5 Edge for that occasional need to reroll misses. Plus, a little Computer is nice in the 6th World in general, but particularly good for slipping in, downloading the paydata from the sarariman's desktop, and sneaking out.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5168
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
14's a pretty good dicepool for a main skill coming out of Chargen I'd say, you won't be upping it any time soon but you likely won't need to for a while.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2303
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Placeholder for a Rigger. Will have more after I get off of work.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
Looks solid, though I would suggest focusing your skills more (e.g. dropping the Computers group and maxing out the Stealth group, picking only one ranged attack skill and one melee attack skill).
Thanks. I kept computer, but did get rid of Archery and made a few other small changes to him.