DnD5e As the World Below Sleeps Eternally - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 21st, 2021, 11:03 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 586
Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd
There will be ship to ship warfare. The ships are not at the mercy of the winds, they are imbued with a permanent fly ability so pilots will be able to navigate them in the direction they want them to go.

Recruiting for: As the World Below Sleeps Eternally
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 12:16 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1438
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Still debating whether or not I want to apply. Can I get some more info about the ships? I know they fly via magic crystal, but do they have any kind of engine room? What are the guts of the ship like?

Oath Taker
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 01:02 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The ships aren't too different from what you would find in a normal fantasy setting, except with the ability to fly.

Old Feb 21st, 2021, 04:30 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
DrainesDays DrainesDays
Hello there, I'm completely new to the site, but have been looking for a pbp rp fix for a little while! I'm absolutely in love with the idea of a firefly-esque game with the d&d flavour, and was wondering if you could expand a little more information regarding the deities of your world. Thinking of applying for the role of ship's medic, and think it would probably be a good idea to get a cleric involved, so would love to know a little more detail about religious observations and the history of the various deities (would have PM'd but for the pesky four post restriction for new accounts)

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 11:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 949
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Mori
right-aligned image

Name: Moriuntur, but everyone just calls him Mori
Race: Human
Class: Warlock (The Celestial)
Background: Hermit

Description: A good looking young man of average height and weight dressed in simple black leather, often wearing a strange black hat with silver skull decorating the band. With short brown hair and hazel eyes, and a slight hint of a smirk on his face, Mori can often put people to ease with his soft voice and attentive manner.

Personality: A very charismatic individual, but more on the strong silent type. Very professional and mostly interesting in his medical studies. Most people think Mori is rigid, but he really does have a jovial spirit that only those that understand his dry humor catch onto.

Role: Ship's Medic

1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:20 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrainesDays View Post
Hello there, I'm completely new to the site, but have been looking for a pbp rp fix for a little while! I'm absolutely in love with the idea of a firefly-esque game with the d&d flavour, and was wondering if you could expand a little more information regarding the deities of your world. Thinking of applying for the role of ship's medic, and think it would probably be a good idea to get a cleric involved, so would love to know a little more detail about religious observations and the history of the various deities (would have PM'd but for the pesky four post restriction for new accounts)

Thanks in advance!
Religion works slightly differently in this setting. Around world there are no temples or organised centers of religion to speak of. Instead, what people do is worship a concept more than the actual deity itself. For example, a pilot might "worship" the Worldmother because they wish for good weather for their flight. Although they might offer up a prayer to the Worldmother, it would not be a formal, religious worship similar to what you might find for, say Chauntea in the Forgotten Realms setting, or Pelor.

The deities themselves began life as mortals. During the cataclysm that sundered the world, they ascended to godhood through their own actions and the recognition of their actions at the hands of an unknown being. These eight former mortals were tasked with watching over the world to ensure that a magical disaster the sort of which sundered the world to begin with never happens again. Each of the eight deities took on a facet, or role in life which they have come to embody.

As far as clerics in this setting goes, as alluded to earlier, a cleric in this setting rather than offering verbal or written worship to a deity would instead honour their chosen deity through their actions rather than words. So, a cleric of the Champion, rather than offering worship through prayer, would be wedded to the act of war and honour their deity through battle. Such individuals would deliberately seek out enemies and indulge in combat, either hand to hand or through ship to ship combat.

Clerics of the Worldmother in turn, would seek the preservation or protection of nature and honour their goddess through their actions. Druids would also count as worshippers of the Worldmother for similar reasons.

I hope this answers your questions, if not feel free to PM me.

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 06:51 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4947
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
For the Mechanic / Repairsman / Shipwright, which ability/skill would be associated with repairing the ship? INT for design or a physical skill for labor?
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 07:25 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4947
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Avianda Skywind

Race: Human

Class: Wizard

Description: See image -->

Personality: Avianda tries to be kind and sweet, but she has a much better understanding of ships than she does people. She has a simple outlook on life and a stubborn dedication to a task once she commits to it. She tends to take things at face value and can be very gullible. She is extremely loyal to her ship and her captain (in that order).

Backstory: Avianda grew up in a small simple chunk of floating rock where little happened that was exciting. Her mother wanted a better life for her and taught Avianda how to go about attracting a rich husband, as this seemed the only practical way to achieve this from her point of view. But Avianda dreamed more and more of a life of freedom and dreamed of sailing on a sky ship.

In her pursuits of conversations, Avianda heard over and over that air ship crews were always looking for good onboard mechanics to help keep the ship flying in the air. Seeing an opportunity in this need, Avianda threw herself into learning how these ships were made, designed, repaired, and functioned in the air. And as her studies grew, so did her passion for the craft. After all, if a ship was your means of living your life as you pleased then why would you NOT want to take care of it?

The Avalon is Avianda’s home, her friend, and her first true love. She has no desire to ever find another ship, and she would honestly try to become a part of it if such a thing were possible.

Role: Shipwright

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cea788ee45088f5f2458896aa1b51e6f.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	89779  

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:18 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9505
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Oooo looks like a cool game Demandredd! Also, long time no see Drachenspirit! Fun character

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 02:51 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29
Shula
Archemenon
right-aligned image

Name: Archemenon

Description:

Personality:

Race: Variant Human

Class (and planned Subclass): Paladin [Oath of Vengeance]

Background: Criminal

Role: Warrior

Backstory:

• Traits: He must protect the innocent from evil.
    He is incredibly slow to trust. Those whom seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
  • Bond: He's guilty of a terrible crime. He hopes he can redeem himself for it.
  • Ideal: Faith. He trusts that his deity will guide his actions. He has faith that if he works hard, things will go well.
  • Flaws: He judges others harshly, and himself even more severely.
    He believes in a god that doesn't exist.

Writing Sample:

Last edited by Shula; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 03:33 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 06:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2930
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Hawk is done. Feedback appreciated. Looking forward to being considered.

Last edited by Noquarter19; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 06:24 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 09:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Mori is done.

Just out of curiosity, what levels do you think our characters will reach if everything goes well with the adventure?
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 09:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
With my games I tend to keep them smaller scale to give them a realistic chance at completing them at the pace that PbP goes that, so I would envisage this game running for between a year / year and a half and characters to reach level 3 or 4 at the end of it.

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 10:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
I would envisage this game running for between a year / year and a half and characters to reach level 3 or 4
Thanks.

If we end up having a dedicated group that is willing to continue on, would you be willing to invest another year or so? (I know, that is assuming a lot, but I have a few games that have lasted with just adding a character or two for those that were lost.)
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 10:55 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
That is entirely the plan and the same approach I have taken with my other game. Essentially the adventure will be short and fairly self-contained but there will be hooks to a larger, more over-arching plot in there with the option for the group to continue if there is a desire to do so.