StarWars Star Wars (old WEG system): Dark games of the Sith - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 19th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 188
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Star Wars (old WEG system): Dark games of the Sith

Game NameStar Wars (old WEG system): Dark games of the Sith
Game SystemStar Wars RPG
ThemeDiplomacy, shadow games and aggressive negotiations. All in a day for a Jedi.
FlavourJedi
Plot SummaryThe Sith once played shadow and murder games in the dark. Now the darkness moves again. The game is about to begin, Ante up...

Character creation:
Please design a character background for a 8-9 year old youngling.

Game stats: You start with minimums 2 pips below your racial limits due to being a child. You have 14 attribute dice and 4 skill dice (design about 2/3 of your character). However after the first adventure you will receive an additional 4 attribute dice and 3 skill dice, plus some character points. You will only be this way for one adventure, see below!
You have a maximum in each of the the force attributes off 1D+1 to begin with, you have the standard number of powers/skills.

Example build
Yun (Human):
Dex 2D+1 Dodge 2d+2 Lightsaber 3D
Kno 2D Jedi Lore 2d+1 willpower 2D+1
str 1d+2 Brawling 2d
mec 1d+1
tec 1D+1 First Aid 2D
per 2D+1 sneak 2D+2
Control: 1D+1 xxxxxx, xxxxx
Sense 1D+1 xxxxxx, xxxxx
Alter 1D+1 xxxxxx, xxxxx
Yon was brought into the order at an early age. All he remembers is the Order and the Jedi way. He was told he was given to the order for the chance at a better life. He has been happy in the order, everything is as it should be. At least that is what he thinks. the truth is that his parents died early on in the war to the Geonocians and they died horribly after days of a brutal battle where new chemical warfare was tested on the field. the order decided he was too young to remember. they tried saving him the pain, at least till he was older.
Personality: Yun has found balance, Peace and contentment in the order, he is always positive. Happy that his parents made the sacrifice to give up their child to a better life. He understands that it must have been hard and is grateful for their sacrifice.

After the first adventure Yun (YOUR Characters) will get 4D more in attributes and 3D in skill dice; plus some significant XP (I plan on skipping time between adventures and giving XP to account for that time.)

Gear will be supplied by the Jedi order. Besides a lightsaber which you will attempt to construct according to the core and my house rules.

I have some house rules, they are attached. HOWEVER; none of these rules are set in stone, I respect my players opinions and don't mind altering or dropping house rules that make others uncomfortable/unhappy. The game is for everyone to enjoy not just me. but I recommend trying them.

Please pay attention to the form types for lightsaber combat, Martial arts, the opportune moments rule and lightsaber construction rules. There are rules I have found make jedi/melee(Lightsaber) combat much more interesting.

I am looking for 3-6 characters
Attached Files
File Type: pdf StarWarsD6SystemHouseRules.pdf (29.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf Force powers for characters.pdf (1.09 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by Dieuoffire; Feb 20th, 2021 at 02:10 AM. Reason: was not finished with Ad, sorry
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 06:50 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1704
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Awesome. Consider me interested. Any guidelines for applications?
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 07:10 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Sorry I had to update the Ad; hope you are still interested.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 816
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
I'm interested. Only online with my phone right now so will work on an official application later. Is thete somewhere we can find a pdf of the rules?

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
I am interested and will begin working on an application.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.” J.R.R. Tolkien.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 08:50 PM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3951
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
Looks interesting. I'm a little wary of starting handicapped, because so few games make it past the introductory period. I've got an Ithorian character that I've always wanted to roleplay though. I'll see what I can come up with.

When you say that we have a max on 1D+1 on Force skills, do you mean that is the max we can invest? Or do we start with those skills?

Dim the Drowned|Telephus Lorre|Togashi Shingo
Tribulations of the Stag

Last edited by Grenadier; Feb 19th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 12:28 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
cybersavant cybersavant
what sourcebooks are allowed?
what races are allowed?
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 01:35 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Force skills and abilities must be purchased. They are not free.

There are too many sourcebooks and variables for me to disregard entire races/sources. So instead of hard rules I am going to throw out some guidelines.

Most every race and source will be allowed, but remember the Jedi order will be furnishing your gear, and your background is slightly limited (considering the requirements), plus you must be force sensitive and not dark side.

Secondly I know there are some super races (Stardragon) you know them too, please avoid them. You are already going to have access to training and Jedi resources plus serious amounts of CP. This will not be a game where it is super hard to learn the force.

Please remember that the Jedi order has needs and expectations for you, Jedi are not Murder-hobos; Jedi do diplomacy, law enforcement, serve the republic in various capacities, etc. So don't just focus on Lightsaber combat and the force or you will fail and fall into some death trap in space.

link removed by moderators. this material does not appear to be SRD. Please do not share copyrighted materials on RPGX

Please check my house rules too.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Feb 20th, 2021 at 11:07 AM. Reason: removed link to copyrighted materials
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter
Consider me interested! Will do some more on this tomorrow. Love the idea of being younglings pr padawsns. What is the time period we're looking at?
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 02:10 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
just added a force power sheet. the things in red I have changed as a house rule.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 07:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 816
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
I will be working on application this weekend then and should have something for you by Monday. Quick question though. What is the expected post rate? I was reading all the posts thus far and didn't see that as having been mentioned.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17543
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I'll be monitoring this thread, but not entirely sure if I can commit.

I can only second the question for the intended post rate, and also the need to clarify the time period. There was talk about the clone wars in misc ads here, but in any case not all the details have been ported over from that thread to this ad.

Judging by the name the main opposition seems to be Sith, but given we're likey playing in a time when the rule of two is in effect I take it that just means they are pulling the strings behind the scenes, right? Or did you possibly pivot towards old republic and the sith wars proper? If not, are you going to adjust details of "legends" lore? Certainly seems that in truth there were always more (secret) dark force users kicking about when they needed characters for novels or other media, so I suppose making up more wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Another unrelated question: I casually glanced at the houserules, and noticed that you want to emphasise race-specific behaviour/culture. I assume the document was made for all types of campaigns, because wouldn't that be a non-issue for this game specifically? All the characters will have been with the jedi order since they were very young, after all, so exposure to their home culture would have been short and limited. Not saying that I would ignore a species background, not at all, but given the setup I would feel a lot less bound by their common behavioural patterns.

Also speaking about strong races, what about those that have fewer than 12 racial attribute dice? There are a few of those around, I take it in that case you'd just reduce the starting dice by 1+, depending?

Last edited by Phettberg; Feb 20th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Sorry guys it seems that d6 system is open source not the old weg d6: Star war system. My appologies. You will have to acquire the base rules all on your own.
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Here is my character so far. Please let me know if there are any changes that need to be made.

Proposed Character: Alboin Aleyn
right-aligned image
Alboin Aleyn

Character: Alboin Aleyn (Human)
Dexterity: 2D+1 Lightsaber (Shii-Cho) 3D
Knowledge: 2D+1 Jedi Lore 2D+2 Bureaucracy 2D+2
Strength: 1D+1 Climbing 2D
Mechanical: 1D+1
Technical: 1D+2 First Aid (human) 2D
Perception: 2D Investigation 2D+2
Control: 1D+1 Absorb/Dissipate Energy, Concentration
Sense: 1D+1 Life Detection, Danger Sense
Biography: The son of embassy staffers from Alderaan, Alboin was born shortly before his parents left their home planet for careers in the Alderaanian diplomatic service, and he has spent the majority of his short life on Coruscant. His parents provided him with the best nannies and tutors they could afford prior to his recruitment into the Jedi order, although they had a hard time keeping track of him. While not particularly strong, Alboin was an adept climber, and delighted in evading his caretakers and climbing the buildings that made up the landscape of Coruscant. He had some close calls, but never seemed to suffer serious injury and always seemed to find a secure hold in the nick of time. He also learned to conceal his exploits and patch his own minor wounds when necessary. Alboin also had an early fascination with the work of his parents in the vast Galactic Senate and used to pester them with questions about it when they returned home at the end of the day.
It was not long before he was noticed by the Jedi order as someone sensitive to the force. Alboin and his parents were thrilled at this opportunity and readily agreed. After he was recruited by the Jedi, Alboin learned all he could of the Jedi order and the rules and procedures of the Jedi Council, paying particular attention to its interactions with the Galactic Senate. Alboin spent any time he was allowed in the archives: reading and researching. He never neglected his duties, and beyond his time in the archives, Alboin focused on mastering his force abilities and his lightsaber skills.
Alboin is small for his age, with a wiry frame. He has prominent ears, a sharp nose, blue eyes, and brown hair. He has an open friendly face usually wearing a smile.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.” J.R.R. Tolkien.

Last edited by Candide3693; Yesterday at 09:22 PM. Reason: Make Corrections to Character
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
@kepheren: I like games to move a bit fast but I also understand life happens. Your character may not have something to do on any given day but I think I would like you to check on the thread daily. I can wait a few days for a reply but mostly daily is how I would like this to go.

@phettburg:
The opening post is about playing against the Sith.

The time frame is the clone wars. Starting just after the Jedi have accepted their role leading the armies of the republic.

The house rules where a general set. However if someone where to leave the order and rejoin their homeworld they would apply. Additionally, the jedi respect cultural traditions so a character might learn of their own culture even still. (which is actually very good for diplomacy.)

Some of the races that have 11 dice have other abilities that make up for it. Those races i would start at 1 die less. Those that do not, I would probably just bump to 12.